Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 13:40   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Grand Vitara Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinup P Pillai View Post
Thanks for the update. Did you cancel after the price reveal or earlier? At the time of cancellation, the following message was displayed.
I had booked on Nexa website in July 2022 , that is , well before price reveal. I cancelled after the price reveal. You should get complete refund.
baarish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 15:01   #272
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara Mild/Smart Hybrid boot dimensions

Measured boot capacity 342 L
Is it good enough for car costing over 15 lakhs? Or is it good enough for a family of 5 for a long trip?
Or its just a city car should not be considered for long drives considering the boot space it offers ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Grand Vitara Review-img_20221002_080712.jpg  

AnujKapur is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 15:50   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv01 View Post
Dear all,
Need some advice..
I did an early booking of GV Strong Hybrid. But with the delay and the price point (23.5 OTR), I have second thouhgts.

I am a sedate driver. So the reviews of underwhelming power-performance does not affect me. The reduced boot space is also not an issue. And actually I dont see myself clocking more than 10-12,000 kms annually so I dont think I will really utilise the phenomenal Fuel efficiency and use that to justify the higher price of Strong Hybrid.

Then why am I opting for Strong Hybrid ? I guess it is to with
1) Safety Features
2) Ventilated Seats
3) 360 Deg Camera
4) Low NVH most of the time, since the car will be typically used in city and even highway driving will be sedate.
5) New Model snob value
As someone who went from a Lexus RX350 with a 3.5l V6 to Lexus RX450h with the same V6 running on atkinson cycle, I'd say if you can afford the strong hybrid, just go for it.

Apart from the obvious fuel efficiency benefits, it really suits fuss free driving style. The eCVT is not a typical CVT gearbox with belts and pulleys but a planetary gearset called powersplit device in Toyota speak and is really seamless. There is none of that rubber band effect that you see in typical CVT transmission cars because they use the traditional belt and pulley system while in case of Toyota Hybrid system the response is mostly immediate and very linear.

And then is the fact that there are lesser moving parts - there is no gearbox to speak of (that powersplit device with planetary gears is a genius solution once you understand how it works), no starter motor, the brake pads last a long time because all the braking until about 7-8 kmph is all regenerative braking, there are no belts and pulleys for alternator and for airconditioning either since its all electric and can there operate at optimal efficiency like an inverter A/C in our homes.

Driving in the city, my Lexus Hybrid drives almost 50% of the time on pure electric power alone and is using no petrol when stationary. Its especially good for those long slow moving traffic jams which are omnipresent in most big Indian cities.

As for efficiency, the best I got from my RX350 was around 10-11 kmpl on the highways and about 8 kmpl in the city. With RX450h, the city and highway efficiency is largely the same. The worst i have got in the last one year is 13.2 kmpl during winter months with lots of small distance local driving and the best was around 15.5 kmpl during summers months.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 6th October 2022 at 16:06.
extreme_torque is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 16:00   #274
BHPian

One of my biggest grouse with Maruti Suzuki, which is of course any auto manufacturers strongest point and even more so for a manufacturer like Maruti Suzuki, is sharing of parts.
I just can't digest the fact that the dashboard, power button switches and a lot of bits and pieces that will always be in front of me (as a driver) are going to be the same as in say a 10L Swift or an XL6.
As a Swift or XL6 owner I would be fine, but when I am paying 2 Mio on my car I would be quite disappointed.

Case in point - my i20 and a friends Verna were on the same rim and tyre size. He used to abhor this fact, I used to just smile and feel happy as my car was about 50% of the price of his car. Sharing the parts bin might not always be a good idea especially when you are challenging the leaders.

And oh those who are suggesting to reject the Seltos and Creta for being just 3 * rated cars, please step into any of their showrooms to know what the real customer cares of. I promise you will surprise yourself.
Maverick1977 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 19:36   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujKapur View Post

So the measurement corresponds to about 355 liters boot space quoted and it does no justice of being elevated to a category above Brezza. And sitting inside both cars, infact brezza feels more airy and roomy due to boxy proportions and more headroom. With same safety, same comfort, almost same space, same brand and same driving pleasure I would rather save 3.25 lakhs !!
Big is not always better

But credit to Maruti for not inflating the boot space figures like some brands do and over all figure of 355 L is not bad in fact.
d-g-p is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 22:05   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-g-p View Post
So the measurement corresponds to about 355 liters boot space quoted and it does no justice of being elevated to a category above Brezza. And sitting inside both cars, infact brezza feels more airy and roomy due to boxy proportions and more headroom. With same safety, same comfort, almost same space, same brand and same driving pleasure I would rather save 3.25 lakhs !!
Big is not always better

But credit to Maruti for not inflating the boot space figures like some brands do and over all figure of 355 L is not bad in fact.
So the issue is you will find its still better than Creta.
So I think they thought lets make it little bit better than Creta and people will buy and we don't need to justify the price.
Who does that now a days...

Creta boot looks bigger but reality is different.
Creta has following dimensions (((52+85)/2)*102*42)/1000 = 293

Strange but true

By the way Brezza has even smaller boot. ( I still have to measure its usable capacity)
From Value perspective I am inclining towards Tata Nexon - XZ+ HS Dark Edition or Honda City - VX MT.

I am looking for a comfortable and safe car for my mother so do not have any specific type in my mind.
Old 6th October 2022, 22:25   #277

Thanks extreme_torque for such a detailed response. Indeed while FE is the measurable parameter, less mechanical parts, quiet working, comfortable drive in slow traffic zones are immeasurable parameters.

Having said that it looks like I can save 3 odd lakhs and buy a top end KIA Seltos. Has all the same bells and whistles and a few more. And I get a higher HP and torque & proper boot space.

So really its a toss between the intangible benefits of GV versus the tangible features of its competitors.
Old 6th October 2022, 23:03   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
Visited 3 Nexa showrooms in Baner area and none of them had any strong hybrids on display. They have mild hybrids but not available for test drives yet. However customer deliveries for mild hybrids have started and Nexa My Car Wakad have a few mild hybrid vehicles in stock with immediate availability due to few cancellations. For sure I know that they have a blue and white alpha variant available and a grey Sigma variant and few others. In case anyone is interested in immediate delivery they can visit My Car Wakad, Pune.
Djay, which color looks most appealing in person?
Old 7th October 2022, 02:59   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post
Djay, which color looks most appealing in person?
I liked the Grey the most and it went best with the character of the car (being closest to black colour). Followed by Blue, but I have observed that the Blue shade on other Nexa cars doesn't look so good after losing it's shine. Grey doesn't have a lot of shine as is and will be easier to maintain I believe.

I did not like the White and Silver much as the chrome (well done for a change compared to overdone ones on a few other cars) gets lost and the front end butch appeal gets reduced. But this is my personal opinion and others might love the white.

Haven't got a chance to see the red and brown shades yet.
Djay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 07:44   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has received 61,000 bookings for its flagship SUV since order books opened in July.

Grand Vitara Hybrid in demand; accounts for 38 per cent bookings.

Quote:
The SUV, bookings for which opened in July this year racked up 53,000 bookings by mid-September with the number now increasing to 61,000 – about 8,000 more bookings in little under a month. The strong hybrid variants continue to rack up good demand from the range with the company saying 38 per cent of all bookings are for those variants.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 09:06   #281

All said and done, Suzuki is not producing quality.
Though I own new Baleno 2022, the material quality far below compared to Indian Brands.

In current scenario, wait for new cars to run for at least six months before planning the purchase.
Ram35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 13:22   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki has received 61,000 bookings for its flagship SUV since order books opened in July.

Grand Vitara Hybrid in demand; accounts for 38 per cent bookings.

Link

One good reason for this great start to the innings by Maruti, and for that matter its Toyota sibling, is that in this particular segment of crossovers - defined by 4.2-4.7 metres in length, 5-7 seaters- The Maruti-Toyota siblings provide the cheapest petrol automatic for 15.5-15.8 lakhs OTR NCR. The Kia Carens, Seltos and Hyundai Creta automatics start from 17.7 lakhs and subsequent offerings from TATA, Mahindra, MG and VW/Skoda are more expensive. The MG Astor is an exception to some extent but I feel that it is a smaller car.
Vkap257 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:24   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzilla View Post
Whether the (much) lower share of Toyota in GV/ Hyryder volumes is as per agreement between Maruti and Toyota, is hardly consolation for those wishing to buy from Toyota. With this kind of distribution disadvantage, those customers’ experience would remain meaningfully poorer vis-à-vis waiting period, test drive availability etc. and all of which would probably push more customers to Maruti.
That's precisely the idea perhaps
Old 7th October 2022, 14:34   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnujKapur View Post

Is it good enough for car costing over 15 lakhs? Or is it good enough for a family of 5 for a long trip?
Or its just a city car should not be considered for long drives considering the boot space it offers ?
Think of it this way.

You want to travel long. So your options are petrol and diesel. Now, BS6 small diesel is extremely picky to maintain. so you are left with petrol. If you have petrol, you better own an oil well. But if you don't you have two choices. The first is to buy/convert to a CNG. The second is to buy a hybrid.

Once at this point, hopefully, most of us will realize hybrid will give more boot space and no dependence on fuel availability.

350 l is ok if you travel light. if you require high luggage (like that for international trips) then 350l is not enough. if it's an occasional requirement, go for it. City hybrid has a limitation of the boot top being fixed. In Vitara, you have that flexibility.

The best would be to go on a TD and put all bags that you regularly need in the boot and check for real.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 23:23   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
My three cents
3. For a current Grand Vitara owner like me, I'm happy to be with the old flame!
Your 3rd cent sums it up.

I went couple days ago to check out the new wannabe GV for a friend at Nexa Tiruvalla (KL). I knew what to expect from the tbhp review. But still a disappointment. Not to mention irritation at Suzuki mis(using) iconic names like the Zen, Baleno & GV on cars that have nothing in common with the original.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks