Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2024, 22:37   #2791

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Any good suggestions for Dashcam for Hycross? Preferred 2 CH models (3 CH also fine) from India or from USA.
Old 8th March 2024, 12:07   #2792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummer View Post
Crude editing to see how Toyota Hycross GX looks in my Nissan Terrano Diamond Cut Alloys:

Toyota Hycross GX with original (bland) alloys:
Attachment 2580666

Toyota Hycross with Nissan Terrano alloys (Edited the ZX model just for looks):
Attachment 2580667

Toyota Hycross GX comes with 205/65/R16.

16" Terrano Alloys for same tyre specs or upgrade to 17"?
Can we fit 215/65/R16?
The problem with such edits is that size is never accurately portrayed to scale. Those 16 inch wheels look now bigger than my 18 inchers.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 13:04   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Hello everyone,

The front windshield of my Hycross has spontaneously cracked while the vehicle was parked. Anybody else experience this?
Not experienced this but I have a feeling that the windscreen is more susceptible to chips than the vehicles from earlier [in this case, reference being Corolla (2006)].

I have had more chips in 6 months due to vehicles in front than in Corolla in 18 years.

I have not figured how that's possible as the windscreen in Hycross is fairly high and definitely so compared to a sedan.
Speeds in the Hycross were definitely much lower than in the older Corolla. Also, distance from vehicle ahead much more than what I would maintain with the Corolla.

It could be due to chance, but I am in fact paranoid about stone chips and worried about on this factor.
subbarp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 13:36   #2794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanthOnWheels View Post
Any good suggestions for Dashcam for Hycross? Preferred 2 CH models (3 CH also fine) from India or from USA.
70Mai is good and reliable. I have been using them since last 2 years without any issues.
mathuranuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2024, 21:17   #2795
BANNED

Hi All,

I recently took delivery of a VX(O), booked sometime in August. So far, I am happy with the vehicle.

Some quick observations which I guess most of you have highlighted already:

• Ride is pretty smooth. Took me some time to make out whether the engine was indeed on
  • Space is great. I am having trouble in dealing with my twins (3 years) as they loiter across the length & breadth of the car. Took them out of the boot the other day.
  • Haven't faced any issues in navigating through Bangalore traffic so far.
  • Mileage is too good to believe for a vehicle if this size.
  • I am 6 feet tall. So hard plastics bother my knees while driving
  • Music system & headlights lack intensity
Also, I am looking for a few accessories. Any recommendations from where I can get them in Bangalore?

Here are the accessories I am looking for:

1) Mats
2) Wheel arch cladding
3) Tail light chrome
4) Window garnish (beading)

Also, if I order online, any pointers on who can help in installing them?

One more thing - any tips on how to manage the dark colour without spending on PPF? My car is a company leased vehicle, so I don't want to spend much.

Attaching a picture that I took during delivery:
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-20240301_182330.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 8th March 2024 at 22:16. Reason: Edited for better readability
Rishi8398 is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2024, 11:07   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnanthOnWheels View Post
70MAI, WOLFBOX and QUBO are popular brands among dashcams, however, Toyota Hycross gets twin cam dashcam from dealer accessories, why you didn't opt for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
You can also go for Crysta facelift diamond cut alloys. They look good too and should be available from the showroom. BTW Innvicto alloys look better to me compared to all options available on the Hycross. See if you can get those as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
The problem with such edits is that size is never accurately portrayed to scale. Those 16 inch wheels look now bigger than my 18 inchers.
Want to know if we can go for broader tyres with 16" or 17"? What should be tyre specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi8398 View Post
Hi All,
I recently took delivery of a VX(O), booked sometime in August. So far, I am happy with the vehicle.
Congratulations, looks awesome in this color, I guess it is Blackish Ageha, pls confirm.
Old 9th March 2024, 11:15   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Want to know if we can go for broader tyres with 16" or 17"? What should be tyre specs
If you’re going for 17” rims then, stock size for VX and VX(O) trims is 215/60/R17.

You can upsize to 235/55/R17 without any variation in various aspects except the width.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th March 2024 at 11:17.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 14:53   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If you’re going for 17” rims then, stock size for VX and VX(O) trims is 215/60/R17.

You can upsize to 235/55/R17 without any variation in various aspects except the width.

https://tiresize.com/comparison/
Ride quality may get compromised with 55 sidewall profile.
Is it possible to put 215/65/R17 or 215/65/R16?
Old 9th March 2024, 15:03   #2799
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ride quality may get compromised with 55 sidewall profile.
Is it possible to put 215/65/R17 or 215/65/R16?
Buddy, 55 profile in the sidewall won’t affect the ride quality since you’re increasing the width to 235 as well from 215.

Both 215/60/R17 and 235/55/R17 have the same sidewall profile of 130mm.

Go for any other size and you’ll get a significant speedometer error

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-a648e3a463734f14bf4ee512298f683e.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-c1827fa917224e64bee9e901e1f5c2a4.jpeg

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-25e334d22549433e8ee1a445d71c0caf.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 15:40   #2800

Quote:
70MAI, WOLFBOX and QUBO are popular brands among dashcams, however, Toyota Hycross gets twin cam dashcam from dealer accessories, why you didn't opt for it?
I have verified the reviews and also comment from Dealer that they are not promoting that it has some lags and bugs. Also for the price, the quality of recording video is not good.
AnanthOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2024, 16:41   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Want to know if we can go for broader tyres with 16" or 17"? What should be tyre specs?

Do you want wider tyres or do you want the wheels to stick out more so they are flush with the wheel wheel?

You can get wheel spacers to make the wheels stick out more on the stock wheels and tyres.

There is only so much wider you can go on the stock rims before the tyre width becomes too wide for those rims. For rims that were made for 215mm , the maximum you can go is 235mm.

If you are planning on changing the rims too, you can just get negatively offset alloys so that they stick out more without messing around with spacers or needing wider tyres.

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-whatiswheeloffsetmain.jpg

In all 3 methods, there will be more stress on the wheel bearings and suspension components since the tyres are sitting further out than designed and there will be more leverage applied. Now whether this will result in noticeable problems in 100k kms or 200k kms+ depends on how well the car is built. Since it's a new launch and we don't have that kind of data, I am just waiting and watching for now.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 09:36   #2802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul_ak View Post
My onboard trip meter shows between 12-13 kmpl and also tank full to tank full I get bout the same mileage. Any input will surely be helpful.
My Invicto has completed 7000 kms in 6 months, and I have got an average of 19-20 till now. Most of the driving is in Eco mode, and 50% travel is on highway, where I get mileage of around 18.
Old 10th March 2024, 13:04   #2803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Buddy, 55 profile in the sidewall won’t affect the ride quality since you’re increasing the width to 235 as well from 215.
Both 215/60/R17 and 235/55/R17 have the same sidewall profile of 130mm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Do you want wider tyres or do you want the wheels to stick out more so they are flush with the wheel wheel?
16" inchers on GX look so small for such a massive vehicle, so all I am looking for is either bigger tyres or bigger alloys + tyres (not necessarily wide) to fill the wheel well. My duster wheels are decently wide enough with 215/65/R16, so 215 is good enough width, 235 may be an over kill. I am not fan of wheels sticking out, especially on Hycross.

I am not sure if I should just retain 16" alloys and upsize only tyres, or upsize alloys to 17" and tyres without compromising ride quality.

I have seen pictures of some SUVs where alloy size is small but tyres are little wide with bigger sidewalls (even though not sticking out), making it look classy and desirable.
Old 10th March 2024, 14:26   #2804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
16" inchers on GX look so small for such a massive vehicle, so all I am looking for is either bigger tyres or bigger alloys + tyres (not necessarily wide) to fill the wheel well. My duster wheels are decently wide enough with 215/65/R16, so 215 is good enough width, 235 may be an over kill. I am not fan of wheels sticking out, especially on Hycross.

I am not sure if I should just retain 16" alloys and upsize only tyres, or upsize alloys to 17" and tyres without compromising ride quality.

I have seen pictures of some SUVs where alloy size is small but tyres are little wide with bigger sidewalls (even though not sticking out), making it look classy and desirable.

They won't stick out. The hycross has wheels which are set oddly inside, even on the top spec with 225/50/R18.

Only reason I haven't changed mine yet is that I really like the stock alloys of the ZXO and handling is decent so I am feeling hesitant about screwing around with aftermarket spacers just for aesthetics.
Old 10th March 2024, 19:27   #2805
BHPian

Is it just me or anyone else finding the Hycross driver seats not comfortable in terms of back and neck support, what can I do to improve the comfort, at first I thought that fitting seat covers would somehow improve the comfort but it didn’t help.
I feel like back and neck support are non-existent. Crysta had much better front seats, and extra cushioning, Hycross seats in comparison like thin and somewhat small and they feel small while sitting, which seems like cost-cutting which should not be done.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2035.jpeg  

Toyota Innova Hycross Review-img_2036.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks