Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 08:48   #1351
BHPian

If you're going for Petrol, Beat's is better - thats the opinion I get. Better FE (see the Figo forum - many petrol Figo owners complain about FE), and the engine refinement is something you have to experience to believe. Pure butter!

BTW, this is my first car too. The only regret I have is I hope GM had better marketing strategies, and had brought out the diesel in time.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:27   #1352
BHPian

One last question to all of you, how is Figo's petrol engine compared to Beat?

I could not get a TD for Figo so i cannot comment on the Petrol engine in comparison to Beat.

However my friend who got Figo at the time it was launched is still worried with his FE not crossing 10-11 in Pune city driving. I have read quite a lot of complaints on the coral dashboard color fading on Figo's facebook page.

i can tell that i have being seeing Ford Figo's flooding pune roads like anything these days, I went for beat primarily for the looks but fell for it instantly when i went for the test drive. It's truly a head turner, people keep glaring at the car which sometimes makes me feel odd for the attention my car keeps getting

Please keep your taste in mind and go for the right car, if like riding a sober and stable car go for Figo, I must say it has got real good boot space, good rear seating space, bluetooth integration to HU and the OEM music system is also decent. but when it comes to look YES it is plain jane. It never grew on me, what i read from other reviews that it slowly grows on to you!

Beat on the other hand is not a car which all would like, some find it too aggressive, It's very trendy in its design, interior quality is great. The moment you cross 2K RPM on odometer you can feel the engine coming alive truly and getting ready to race.

I had alto earlier so never thought of extra space with a family of 3, travel ocaissionally on highway once in 2 months so beat was a good deal for me.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:39   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreativeGeek View Post

I could not get a TD for Figo so i cannot comment on the Petrol engine in comparison to Beat.

However my friend who got Figo at the time it was launched is still worried with his FE not crossing 10-11 in Pune city driving. I have read quite a lot of complaints on the coral dashboard color fading on Figo's facebook page.

i can tell that i have being seeing Ford Figo's flooding pune roads like anything these days, I went for beat primarily for the looks but fell for it instantly when i went for the test drive. It's truly a head turner, people keep glaring at the car which sometimes makes me feel odd for the attention my car keeps getting

Please keep your taste in mind and go for the right car, if like riding a sober and stable car go for Figo, I must say it has got real good boot space, good rear seating space, bluetooth integration to HU and the OEM music system is also decent. but when it comes to look YES it is plain jane. It never grew on me, what i read from other reviews that it slowly grows on to you!

Beat on the other hand is not a car which all would like, some find it too aggressive, It's very trendy in its design, interior quality is great. The moment you cross 2K RPM on odometer you can feel the engine coming alive truly and getting ready to race.

I had alto earlier so never thought of extra space with a family of 3, travel ocaissionally on highway once in 2 months so beat was a good deal for me.
Yes, it purely subjective in choosing a particular car. My case was a love at first sight, I took TD for Astar, Ritz and finally fell on to Beat just because of the VFM package GM offers. I was addicted to the refined engine performance, interiors especially the digital consoles with the big speedo, fit and finish etc and not to mention the smart chilling AC which can be a sure hit for Summer, may be the blower fan is bit powerful and bit noisy too in higher speeds.

I won’t say that Beat is a big disappointment in boot space, but considering the other hatches in the category it's got the smallest but it's better than Swift and Ritz. I used to go for shopping once in a month for provisions and the boot will be stuffed like anything to create suffocation if someone sees it. Now am taking Beat for shopping and I feel it's roomier than Swift. I’ve got a base variant and that’s the only time I will curse for my selection because lack of split rear seats.

To be precise, you can't expect much from a hatchback in terms of boot space like sedans. So choose wisely according to your tastes and needs and it's your call.
Old 20th August 2010, 19:46   #1354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Thanks oxygen. I love driving but at the same time being a middle-class person cost of ownership also matters.
In that case Beat will do just fine.

Quote:
By the way, nice to know you are from Kolkata also.
Hey me too.

Quote:

Sorry to bugging you all (@oxygen, @astonlobo & @quadmaniac).

Thanks in Advance.
Beat feels better than figo above 2000RPM only. Figo has a good response and low end torque but looses steam at higher RPMs. Refinement wise Beat is super silent. You cant even say if the engine is running or not. Fe wise you can expect 10,12 for Figo and Beat in city with AC. 15,17 on Highway.

Cost of spare parts in GM is less than Ford by a huge margin.

So best of luck. I suggest you take a test drive of figo and Beat Back to back and decide.
Old 20th August 2010, 20:25   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo
Currently the boot is full and this would be a very good example to show you, I shall be clicking a picture tomorrow and will upload it here for you to give you an idea of a full house.

Thanks, looking forward to it.

Hey Joy, checkout the pic as I promised. What you see on the left is a box of sub and a box of amp above it. The vacuum cleaner and amp wiring in the centre and a huge wooden enclosure for my subwoofer on the right. As you can see there is still space for some nifty things. Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-cimg1918.jpg  

Old 20th August 2010, 21:42   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Cost of spare parts in GM is less than Ford by a huge margin.
Yes i agree, i looked at the chart of labour charges at GM service center and really felt their service charges are very economical, my phone battery was out else i would have posted pic, next time sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZep View Post
Hi, I have a question on the car audio. I have the LT version which has the factory built music system and speakers. I have changed the factory speakers and put Kicker speakers. The sound quality difference is quite a bit. Still I feel there can be improvement and the bass is not that great. Has anybody upgraded with a sub woofer and amp on the LT version, with factory audio system? If so how much is the cost and which one? Please suggest.

I have upgraded my Beat LT with amp based Illusion speakers, posted details on my review thread. did not go for the sub woofer as i would not need it, and on the bass part of the sound quality, there has being a considerable improvement in the fidelity, treble output which is very clear. Bass output is not thumping though but delivers the punch

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd September 2010 at 15:39. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:59   #1357
BHPian

It Hertz

Peekaboo!! Look what I have done
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-cimg1942.jpg  

Old 21st August 2010, 09:23   #1358
BHPian

Nice! Hows the Sound quality now alston?
Old 21st August 2010, 10:14   #1359
Joy
BHPian

Thanks everyone for the input.

@astonlobo: Thanks for the pic. It seems one can take 2/3 mid sized bags comfortably.

Will get back to you all again (if needed). Thanks once again to all of you.

Have a nice and safe driving.

Regards
Old 21st August 2010, 15:02   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Nice! Hows the Sound quality now alston?
World class my friend Checkout my thread for pics
Old 21st August 2010, 15:12   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
dude, did u put the ac in full blast? i mean with full fan speed and cooling.I think its there in all Beat!
Did try it with the AC on full blast. In fact shifted the blower vent direction too towards the door. But no leakage in my car and also another Beat of a known person. Maybe its a misinformation that the problem is with all Beats.
Old 21st August 2010, 15:24   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatverma1979 View Post
Did try it with the AC on full blast. In fact shifted the blower vent direction too towards the door. But no leakage in my car and also another Beat of a known person. Maybe its a misinformation that the problem is with all Beats.
Checked mine too, no sign of leakage.
Old 25th August 2010, 10:56   #1363
BHPian

Updates from the FE i got-13.9 with 100% ac ..

I drove to vagamon yesterday with my family.The drive was super cool.It was raining the whole day with thick fog.Defogger in the beat was a boon.scrapped a lil in some areas as the drive was mostly through bad and hilly roads..2nd gear lag which was visible when it was new just dissapeared.clocked 4520 km and is close to its 2nd service.Guys, the above FE was not for this drive but it was my drive towards my home from cochin.
Old 25th August 2010, 17:09   #1364
BHPian

Any one tried connecting ipod to the music player?need help.
Old 26th August 2010, 09:39   #1365

@kphilip - The only way you can connect an iPod to the OEM deck is using 3.5mm aux cable. There is no other way. What help are you looking for specifically?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks