Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2011, 16:35   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review

Scoop: Diesel Beat Test Drive

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th June 2011 at 16:44. Reason: Fixed video embed link in post.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 16:22   #1877
BHPian

Beat LT owners, please clarify this:

Does the LT version have separate wind screen washer motor and reservoir for rear? Being with a base model, its a pain to drive during rains. If this can support one more nozzle, it would be easier to keep the rear windscreen much more clean.

I have asked the service manager for adding a rear wiper and washer but the reply was not at all encouraging: I have to replace the left stock switch along with the motor and wiper arm. So far they haven't done any so they can't assure about the water seepage once they make the hole for it. Wiper motor will cost 2300/- and wiper arm will be another 500/- approx. So without changing the stock switch and opting for a separate after market switch the total damage will be max pf 3K. This was the real inspiration behind the thought. But I can't think of any water seepage in the boot as my AMP is there.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:10   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Does the LT version have separate wind screen washer motor and reservoir for rear? Being with a base model, its a pain to drive during rains. If this can support one more nozzle, it would be easier to keep the rear windscreen much more clean.
Beat LT doesn't have a rear wash facility. Just wiper is available.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th June 2011, 13:14   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Don't know about earlier versions but mine has a rear washer placed under the rear spoiler.
Mine is a LT 2011 model.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:23   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
mine has a rear washer placed under the rear spoiler.
Mine is a LT 2011 model.
How do we operate the washer?
Old 27th June 2011, 13:25   #1881
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers!

Vinu
Thanks Vinu, but how does it work on grime without a washer? Will it make scratches on glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Don't know about earlier versions but mine has a rear washer placed under the rear spoiler.
Mine is a LT 2011 model.
Thanks dude, can you check whether its got a separate reservoir and pump? It can be found in the user manual for filling the reservoir.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:37   #1882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Thanks Vinu, but how does it work on grime without a washer? Will it make scratches on glass?
Here in Delhi I had never used rear wiper except in rain. So no clue about rear washer. I will check and revert back to you. If a rear washer included, it will be a discovery after 13 months of ownership

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th June 2011, 15:09   #1883
Senior - BHPian

Beat LT 'does' have wiper and washer. You push the stock one step forward for the wipe when it is raining or so and one more step forward (to the second slot forward basically), for wipe and wash.

Congrats Myavu, your car has another feature. Same thing happened to me with my Accent. I didnt know it had the ability on the stock to adjust the speed of the intermittent wiper. Almost after a period of close to 2 years, I happened to chance upon it
Old 27th June 2011, 15:19   #1884
BHPian

Quote:
Here in Delhi I had never used rear wiper except in rain. So no clue about rear washer. I will check and revert back to you. If a rear washer included, it will be a discovery after 13 months of ownership

Cheers!

Vinu
Now what? You owe a thanks to DC as well as to me as am the initiator for this
Old 27th June 2011, 18:17   #1885
Senior - BHPian

I will PM you myavu for the treat. ;-)

The rear washer shares the same reservoir as the one for the front washer. If you look just below the spoiler of the LT, there is a small opening which houses the nozzle.

(Dear mods. Sorry for a double post on the same day. Please merge the 2nd half of my post with my earlier one.)
Old 28th June 2011, 15:44   #1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
Guys, I have spotted Silver colored Beats now. Just wanted to inform you of the developments. They have have discontinued with any previous color. The silver colored Beat look superb to say the least
They are discontinuing the Morocco blue. The company says there is not demand for the color. They brought in Sandrift grey to replace it.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:40   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyAlexander View Post
They are discontinuing the Morocco blue. The company says there is not demand for the color. They brought in Sandrift grey to replace it.
Moroco Blue has reported some issues like discolouring and developing marks on creases.

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-colour-issues-1.jpg

Chevrolet Beat : Test Drive & Review-beat-colour-issues-2.jpg

chevrolet beat - Page 6 - India Travel Forum, BCMTouring

I guess this could be one of the reason behind this.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:41   #1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy View Post
Guys, anybody faced with this kind of problem. I was out of station for around 30 days, during which my car was not started. Yesterday, I returned and due to some prior engagement I could not check the car. Today evening, when I went with my son to get a spin on my car, my car is totally off (by off, I mean no electrical connections). Nothing including my central locking is not working. Can anybody help me out? Please, it's urgent (what to do?).
I know this is a little late but this happened to my brand new Beat. Drove it couple of times but it was mostly in the garage. Tried turning it on after 3 days and it was completely dead. Called the service guy and he came all the way from the Kalyan nagar service center. Jump started it using his service car. Didnt charge me anything though. He said I might have left a light on or something.
Strange.
Old 28th June 2011, 18:35   #1889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I will PM you myavu for the treat. ;-)

The rear washer shares the same reservoir as the one for the front washer. If you look just below the spoiler of the LT, there is a small opening which houses the nozzle.

(Dear mods. Sorry for a double post on the same day. Please merge the 2nd half of my post with my earlier one.)

Hi,

How long you have been owning the BEAT? if it's more than a year can you or some other BHPians post a long term review?
Old 28th June 2011, 19:21   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasana_19 View Post
Hi,

How long you have been owning the BEAT? if it's more than a year can you or some other BHPians post a long term review?

I have been using Beat for almost a year now, just wanted to ask if you are looking for any specific things or questions? What are you looking forward in the long term review?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks