Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 12:51   #1621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Guys how much FE to expect from 1.6 engine,bumper-to-bumper as well as in the highway?

I'll be booking 1.6 polo ,most probably today .
1.6 Polo Petrol? Has VW launched this model?? Have bookings started in Bengaluru?

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 30th June 2010 at 12:53.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:55   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi99 View Post
If you take the insurance from outside, you will miss the the Road Side Assistance provided by VW (As told to me by Sales Rep at VW Downtown, Blore)
That's a laugh. The RSA from Volkswagen has nothing to do with who your insurer is. That's just sales talk.

Volkswagen's RSA is provided if the car is immobile or has met with an accident. This service is free if the vehicle is under warranty. It has absolutely nothing to do with the car's insurance.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:19   #1623
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Just now finished reading GTO' extensive review of VW polo. Earlier I had read a very extensive review of Fiat Punto too by GTO.
Why don't we see these kind of reviews for any of the Maruti cars?
Firstly, thanks to Amartya for his explanatory post which completely clarifies our stand.

Bkbkr1212 : Please note that it was Maruti which invited Team-BHP FIRST for a press drive event (Link to Maruti Ritz TestDrive). That's right...our official Moderator Reviews started with a Maruti.

You should also swing by Eddy's Maruti WagonR Review.

Hope that clears the misunderstanding.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:24   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
That's a laugh. The RSA from Volkswagen has nothing to do with who your insurer is. That's just sales talk.

Volkswagen's RSA is provided if the car is immobile or has met with an accident. This service is free if the vehicle is under warranty. It has absolutely nothing to do with the car's insurance.
When I went to the same dealer as adi99, they initially said the insurance has to be through them. However I insisted that I need to get my NCB, so they said in that case they may not be able to provide cashless claim if I go through someone else.

Later I spoke to a senior person there. He asked me who my current insurer was and I said Bajaj Allianz. He said they have tied up with Allianz too since its a German company (must be Bajaj Allianz?). Anyway he said the NCB is my right and I am entitled to that discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
1.6 Polo Petrol? Has VW launched this model?? Have bookings started in Bengaluru?
Yeah, booking has started in BLR, however it is all pre-launch right now. With some arm-twisting they have finally sent my order to the Pune plant today.

I have no idea about the price, delivery or anything else for the 1.6.

The sales exec was not much interested in my order even this morning. I have had to run behind him the past few days. Lord knows if he has actually sent my order for the 1.6 and NOT the 1.2.

That is because on Monday morning he was telling me that I should book for the 1.2 and that when the 1.6 is launched I can simply move over to the 1.6 and it would be as if I booked for the 1.6 right now . This dealer (or rather some of the lower level sales execs there) don't exactly inspire confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This Navigation system has blue tooth, internal speaker and a microphone. This can be linked to the Mobile phone through BT. But you have to charge it through the 12V socket. You will have wires all over the place. This is something I did not like. It would have been good if it could be coupled with the ICE.

Original parking sensor - does not come with compatible connectors. Wires will have to be skinned. But since you are getting it skinned by the dealer himself, warranty will not be void.

Other wise, IMO it is the same as what you get from your friendly neighborhood Spider-man!! (Just kidding!)
Thanks for the info, Chethan! Congrats on your car!

I wish I could say that your report inspired me to buy the Polo for my wife . But the reality is that she saw the car and decided in a few seconds flat.

However your's & poloowner's report gave me such an insightful look at the car that I feel confident with her decision.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:29   #1625
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post

Later I spoke to a senior person there. He asked me who my current insurer was and I said Bajaj Allianz. He said they have tied up with Allianz too since its a German company (must be Bajaj Allianz?). Anyway he said the NCB is my right and I am entitled to that discount.
I really like this senior person.

And congrats to all of you who have booked the Polo.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:33   #1626
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, booking has started in BLR, however it is all pre-launch right now. With some arm-twisting they have finally sent my order to the Pune plant today.

I have no idea about the price, delivery or anything else for the 1.6.

The sales exec was not much interested in my order even this morning. I have had to run behind him the past few days. Lord knows if he has actually sent my order for the 1.6 and NOT the 1.2.
I had just been to VW Palace cross showroom. The sales guy was not so interested in talking to me about the polo 1.6.

On Road cost for top end Polo 1.6 is 7.42 lacs. Delivery from September onwards.

What I didn't like in Polo:
1. ABS without EBD.
2. No ACC.
3. No Electrically adjustable ORVM.

Last edited by Sujith1100 : 30th June 2010 at 14:35.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:33   #1627
Senior - BHPian

After waiting for over 2 months for my Polo 1.2, I'm now thinking of upgrading to 1.6. Spoke to VW Downtown today and they said the deliveries would start in September and it would cost about 60 grand more, which I think is incredible value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
What I didn't like in Polo:
1. ABS without EBD.
That's no big deal. the Polo has one of the strongest brakes in the segment.

2. No ACC.
The Polo has a chilling AC, so ACC doesn't make sense here.

3. No Electrically adjustable ORVM.
This is something that should have been there in the Polo.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:39   #1628
BHPian

Will i feel it will be a good idea to switch to 1.6 from 1.2.The price at which it is being offered is really value for money.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:41   #1629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Polo has a chilling AC, so ACC doesn't make sense here.
Actually, it could make even more sense: automatic temperature setting means that you don't get too cold just as much as it not getting too hot.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:33   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post

For some more laugh, I was told by the SP that if I buy a Polo Trendline, I cannot install aftermarket stereo system or an Autocop even if I dont mess with their wires. So I will have to drive the car without a system or keyless entry otherwise warranty void. If these are indeed sales talk, I am booking the Polo TL this Diwali.

Quote:
When I went to the same dealer as adi99,

This dealer (or rather some of the lower level sales execs there) don't exactly inspire confidence.
Exactly.

How is VW dealer at Electronic city...anyone?
Old 30th June 2010, 16:49   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For some more laugh, I was told by the SP that if I buy a Polo Trendline, I cannot install aftermarket stereo system
This is crazy! The rest of the world has been doing this for decades, and surely these units have more-or-less standard plugs to facilitate it. Where do Indian companies (or European companies in India?) or salesmen get these ridiculous ideas?
Old 30th June 2010, 17:45   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, VW Downtown Bangalore & VW Hosur Road are the same company, Elite Motors Pvt Ltd.

VW Palace Orchards is unconnected.
Old 30th June 2010, 18:48   #1633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VW Downtown Bangalore & VW Hosur Road are the same company, Elite Motors Pvt Ltd. But the difference is - all big guys will be operating from Downtown, since it is their HO. All cars are delivered from Downtown. IMO it is better to book at Downtown. In my case, car allotted to Hosur road branch was allotted to me, even though I had booked at Downtown. You got the point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
After waiting for over 2 months for my Polo 1.2, I'm now thinking of upgrading to 1.6. Spoke to VW Downtown today and they said the deliveries would start in September and it would cost about 60 grand more, which I think is incredible value for money.
This is my personal opinion. I request you not to get offended.

Theragingbull, do you really think that you will require 1.6? Will it have any advantage practically? Will 1.2 not serve your purpose? - unless you love to have that extra power.

I am saying this because - With the Petrol rate moving north, it will cost you more money to run the car, even when you do not require that extra power. If you are driving in regular circumstances 90% of the time, and you like to have additional power 10% of the time - IMHO it is a waste to go for 1.6.

With the subsidy removed, there will be an increase of approximately 38 paise per liter for Petrol/Diesel, with every 1$/barrel raise in crude oil prices, calculated at the current exchange rates.

Present crude oil rate is approximately $76 / barrel. We all know that it had gone up to $140 / barrel in 2008. Conservatively, if you assume that it will stabilize at $100/barrel, the cost of Petrol/Diesel will be up by Rs.9 approximately. Again - This is at the present exchange rate.

IMHO People who look at higher capacity engine, should also consider this point. It is a waste to have the car and then worry each time it is taken out.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:00   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Firstly, thanks to Amartya for his explanatory post which completely clarifies our stand.

Bkbkr1212 : Please note that it was Maruti which invited Team-BHP FIRST for a press drive event (Link to Maruti Ritz TestDrive). That's right...our official Moderator Reviews started with a Maruti.

You should also swing by Eddy's Maruti WagonR Review.

Hope that clears the misunderstanding.
Hello GTO,
I am extremely sorry for the immature comment made.
I should have browsed more before making those statements.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
Old 30th June 2010, 19:37   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Though the choice of the engine is a personal decision. it would be wise to look in to the practicality aspects before making the plunge. If the car is for daily use and your drives are primarily limited to a city like Bangalore where your average speed will be no more than 20-30kmph, I am sure you are going to repent on the decision. Don't expect mileage any better than 10 and trips to the petrol station will become more often and you will feel the pain. The 1.6P cars are only for enthusiasts who buy cars for just one thing 'the driving pleasure'.But honestly, how many of us fall in to that category?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks