Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 12:52   #946
BHPian

Congrats. Enjoy your new drive. Surprisingly I find Polo very close to my Palio in looks. Maybe I am too smitten with my Palio
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-palio.jpg  

Last edited by Palio_2005 : 16th April 2010 at 13:01.
Old 16th April 2010, 13:17   #947
agm
BHPian

i would like to know about the performance of the AC in polo , also the time AC is switched on is there slight difference in the performance of the vehicle?

Palio_2005 - IMO Palio is still one of the best looking hatch in our country , even when its a decade old design .

polo1 - Congrats for the new ride , Polo is a very good car.
kindly make a new thread about the the initial expirence ,along with snaps !
Old 16th April 2010, 13:50   #948
Senior - BHPian

infact for me Polo looks very similar to Palio stile from front. Just that grille is little different! Maybe the VW badge gives feel of a premium car
Old 16th April 2010, 15:03   #949
BHPian

POLO Diesel very refined

I read in Overdrive that the Polo Diesel is so refined that you can't tell if it is petrol or diesel by listening to it. However, I read somewhere else that since this is a 3-pot motor, there is more vibrations and more noise.

Will have to wait for what turns out eventually when it is launched. I do have very high hopes though.
Old 16th April 2010, 15:11   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
infact for me Polo looks very similar to Palio stile from front. Just that grille is little different! Maybe the VW badge gives feel of a premium car
+100. I felt that myself so many times! Give the Palio stile a neat horizontal grille. You'll get the Polo!
Old 16th April 2010, 16:41   #951
BHPian

The side and 3 quarter profile does have some similarities. Headlamps of both dont grow taller towards the bonnet maybe thats why it gives a similarity effect. But difference is more than just grill and badge, guys missed out on the chiseled front bumper. Maybe replacing all these 3 plus smoked headlamps and volaa you got a handsome hatch
Old 16th April 2010, 16:58   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedal2Metal View Post
I read in Overdrive that the Polo Diesel is so refined that you can't tell if it is petrol or diesel by listening to it.
That maybe cos the petrol motor is as noisy as the diesel
Old 16th April 2010, 17:14   #953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo1 View Post
Polo..
Congratulations Polo1, Nice Reviews, do open an ownership thread.

In between, did you get the car from Moti Nagar, West Delhi VW. I think I saw your car Yesterday or on Tuesday up there. I can recognise from the Temp number 0333. I am to get mine this sunday. Hopefully!

Take care and Drive Safe!
Gaurav

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th April 2010 at 17:33.
Old 17th April 2010, 17:48   #954
BHPian

Quote:
You can buy the chrome garnishes on ebay. In fact chrome garnishes are available for any car you can possibly think of on ebay.
The site says '0 item found' under a serach of chrome garnishes. Can you share the link.
Old 17th April 2010, 23:52   #955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I read in Overdrive that the Polo Diesel is so refined that you can't tell if it is petrol or diesel by listening to it. However, I read somewhere else that since this is a 3-pot motor, there is more vibrations and more noise.
It would surely be a challenge to get a diesel in 3 pot and that too make it silent and vibration-less. IMHO think they are exclusive, you cant have a silent diesel engine with silent one, especially 3 pot. But again if this is true. then it surely will be a winner for sure, hats off to VW for achieving that.

OT: This thread has sure picked up steam post news of Diesel engine launch. Damn the VW guys should have let this news leak long back, it would have beat other launch threads.
Old 18th April 2010, 02:27   #956
Senior - BHPian

I sure was confused about the Polo petrol! It felt like a diesel at idle.
Going on the same lines, I doubt the diesel will be anything closed to refined and silent.
Couple that with my lack of trust in most of the auto magazines, will surely have to check it out myself.

However, I do feel that the 3 pot diesel will show us a whole new side to frugality.
Old 18th April 2010, 03:04   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
I sure was confused about the Polo petrol! It felt like a diesel at idle.
Going on the same lines, I doubt the diesel will be anything closed to refined and silent.
Couple that with my lack of trust in most of the auto magazines, will surely have to check it out myself.

However, I do feel that the 3 pot diesel will show us a whole new side to frugality.
Have you driven the Fabia diesel? It was a noisy engine. The Polo petrol, though quite spirited, is noisy too. I just cannot understand why people (including automags.) refuse to own up to the fact that 3-potters just cannot be as refined as their 4-potter competition? I've had this discussion of teambhp and other than one reasonable person, every other guy was trying to brush it under the carpet.

It'll be great to read what you think about the diesel, and yes, I agree its going to be a frugal engine and I think Volkswagen would price it at Honda Jazz levels.
Old 18th April 2010, 10:15   #958
Senior - BHPian

VW POLO Diesel=22.07 kmpl certified by ARAI.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-untitled1.jpg  

Old 18th April 2010, 10:24   #959
Senior - BHPian

The diesel has a higher top speed than the petrol. Isn't this unusual?

This is great! At least there is another diesel on the block. It gets tiring with the 1.3 MJD in all its avatars!
Old 18th April 2010, 11:51   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
It would surely be a challenge to get a diesel in 3 pot and that too make it silent and vibration-less. IMHO think they are exclusive, you cant have a silent diesel engine with silent one, especially 3 pot. But again if this is true. then it surely will be a winner for sure, hats off to VW for achieving that.

OT: This thread has sure picked up steam post news of Diesel engine launch. Damn the VW guys should have let this news leak long back, it would have beat other launch threads.
Any idea when VW will start delivering Diesel Polo's? Have the TD cars arrived atleast? Please let us know if some body takes a TD on Diesel Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The diesel has a higher top speed than the petrol. Isn't this unusual?

This is great! At least there is another diesel on the block. It gets tiring with the 1.3 MJD in all its avatars!
This diesel will surely have a better punch than petrol in highways. I am sure that it will not be as bad as people think in city too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
That maybe cos the petrol motor is as noisy as the diesel
Yes. It may be less noisy than petrol. Also, after the initial response, VW must have increased insulation to reduce cabin noise.
Since the turbine in the turbo charger is driven by the exhaust gas, I do not think that the turbo lag can be reduced overnight. But the transition at 2000 rpm can be made smoother by further tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
i would like to know about the performance of the AC in polo , also the time AC is switched on is there slight difference in the performance of the vehicle?

Palio_2005 - IMO Palio is still one of the best looking hatch in our country , even when its a decade old design .

polo1 - Congrats for the new ride , Polo is a very good car.
kindly make a new thread about the the initial experience ,along with snaps !
Polo's AC is good (not like Fabia) and there is no drop in engine power when AC comes on.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 18th April 2010 at 11:52.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks