Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 14:05   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
. I am one of those "50-50" customers. I have still not decided against it, but the focus has definitely shifted towards those which are more easily available (punto,i20 and figo).
My advice: Go for Figo Diesel. You will get brand new big hatch, proven diesel engine, good space for all, biggest boot in its class, quality of Ford & most of the other things you are looking for

But take your own decision mate considering your requirements, listen to what your heart & mind is saying
Old 7th April 2010, 14:19   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
The Polo's body kit will cost around 60k plus painting and fitment. There you go!
67K including painting and fitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ sid , is there any news on the prices of these accessories ?
I had a chance to see the e version in the polo Website and is published here too
Price list of the accessories:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...price_list.pdf
Old 7th April 2010, 14:34   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
kadri, go for Polo trendline. Spice up with a good 2DIN ICE set up and a nice set of alloys.Absolute VFM, if you are not bothered about safety features. Fabia's time has come and gone.
Polo trendline is not loaded at all, the price is very good at 5.22 on road, where as Indica Vista fully loaded comes at 5.4 on road. '

On cetrain aspects Polo is better and its also my first love. Its missing the airbags, while Fabia basic models comes with airbags.

I will be driving once in two months atleast from Bangalore to Mangalore on a weekend, hence saftey does matter. The roads are not in good condition in coastal areas after monsoon and the highway traffic is not as disciplined as city traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@kadri007 Fabia is only available in diesel & polo in petrol, so if you want a diesel then go for fabia & if you want a petrol then go for polo, However i have driven both of them & i like fabia, It makes the one driving it feel special
Fabia has a petrol version its coming around 5.8 after discount for the classic version. Diesel is out of my budget. Fabia is quite loaded with features.

Skoda's service is a bit of concern and VW's service only time can tell.
Old 7th April 2010, 15:08   #859
BHPian

@Sidindica ,

http://www.vw.co.za/assets/microsite...ccessories.pdf
here is the link
Old 7th April 2010, 15:12   #860
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
dude- most of the people who are buying are working class, i mean the ones who are in office on the weekdays. If all of them turn up at the showroom on weekends, can u imagine the waiting time for getting a TD? A buyer does not care about localization etc, all he wants is a TD and the car at his door tomorrow once he likes it. Maybe 10-15 days, but 4 months?? what a joke! All i am saying is that bad bad planning, they had a LOT of time and previous car launches to learn from( like the recent beat), so why not prepare?
Once you are OUT in the market, you are expected to deliver, simple. I like the product, don't get me wrong, but tell me the GLARING differences between this and say i20 and punto that a person should sit and count 120 days to see his car? I mean to the 90% of the buyer, what is the BIG deal with the polo?
Exactly, why should the customer be bothered about the localization or the production constraints. This isn't a monopolistic market. VW should have stocked enough number of car if they had to make a mark with the POLO.

I'm very keen on the sales numbers to see how many Polos have got off the showroom floor
Old 7th April 2010, 16:25   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
My advice: Go for Figo Diesel. You will get brand new big hatch, proven diesel engine, good space for all, biggest boot in its class, quality of Ford & most of the other things you are looking for

But take your own decision mate considering your requirements, listen to what your heart & mind is saying
Thanks Aniketi. It is definitely under consideration. I do really enjoy the "josh" factor with Ford as I have done a lot of miles on Ikon and Fiesta. The areas which makes me lean towards punto/polo is the ride quality and the sturdy build. The cars currently in my list are polo trendline, punto 1.2 emotion, punto 1.3 active, figo 1.4 titanium and fabia 1.2 classic. I know it is a diverse list, but these are the ones that come within my budget. I tried with my mind so far and not able to make a decision so I am going to go with my heart now ! Sorry if this off-topic.
Old 7th April 2010, 17:23   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
Thanks Aniketi. It is definitely under consideration. I do really enjoy the "josh" factor with Ford as I have done a lot of miles on Ikon and Fiesta. The areas which makes me lean towards punto/polo is the ride quality and the sturdy build. The cars currently in my list are polo trendline, punto 1.2 emotion, punto 1.3 active, figo 1.4 titanium and fabia 1.2 classic. I know it is a diverse list, but these are the ones that come within my budget. I tried with my mind so far and not able to make a decision so I am going to go with my heart now ! Sorry if this off-topic.
Great !!! Just think of Fabia once again. It has lots of issues. Also it has one of the worst resale values.
Old 7th April 2010, 18:26   #863
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Exactly, why should the customer be bothered about the localization or the production constraints. This isn't a monopolistic market. VW should have stocked enough number of car if they had to make a mark with the POLO.

I'm very keen on the sales numbers to see how many Polos have got off the showroom floor
Due to the initial hype surrounding the car and the rush to acquire the VW badge, there will be enough numbers to keep them happy till 6 months now. This is whats the indian market now, do whatever with your planning and inventory, people are hungry for cars so for a while, no problems. Its only after the initial rush, will we know the reality. Overall, they can NEVER be big players in this industry unless they pull up their socks. I see no real threat from these players when looking at the entire country, maybe in a few cities they may make an impact on sales of the leaders( maruti, hyundai)
For that matter, with ONLY 2 showrooms in the entire city(bangalore) and one of them a known "don't care" attitude holder, Ford is still managing good numbers(big with the figo), that itself speaks for the demand that we have in our market.
Old 7th April 2010, 21:33   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
has anyone got knowledge about the Navigation system that is on offer with the polo.
the VW india website has a car configurator option, inside which there is an optional equipment by the name of 'Navigation System with Blue tooth' with price listed as Rs.14832.
anyone who can shed more info on that.

Hi aviral2122, I was at DownTown,Prabhadevi and asked them the same question.I was expecting it to be something integrated in the dash board. Nopes, its the one u attach on the wind shield temporarily and remove when u want .You can buy it in the market outside.
Old 7th April 2010, 23:57   #865
BHPian

5,000 bookings for VW Polo in India

Less than 45 days after its launch, the VW Polo has attracted over 5000 confirmed bookings. The amazing response for this vehicle, we think, is due to its sharp looks and great interiors.

Initially announced at Rs 4.34 for the base 1.2L petrol, VW revised the prices after the budget, and now prices start at Rs 4.42 lakhs Ex-Showroom Delhi for the base petrol. With just 42 dealers in India and signs of more demand, VW should ramp up their dealer network quickly.

Neeraj Garg, member of the board and director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India -

Polo is having a waiting period of about three-four months currently and we are ramping up the production of to meet the demand accordingly. We have confirmed bookings of 5,000 units of the Polo, with 500 units already delivered. The response towards our car has really reiterated the trust and confidence that our brand and importantly our products have been able to build up in a short span of time.

The Polo is offered in both petrol and the diesel variants. Both the engines displace 1.2L and both produce 75bhp and both are offered in 3 variants – Trendline, Comfortline and Highline. Is the Polo the hottest hatch after the Figo in recent times?

The Polo’s interiors and great looks have struck the right chord with Indians
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-2010_vw_polo.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 00:40   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

From the article, it seems as though they are taking bookings for the diesel as well.
Either ways, 5000 bookings in 1.5 months in the first month is quite good given the lack of VFM.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:43   #867
BHPian

Just 500 delivered all across India? Wow that makes my car rarer than a BMW or Merc. Heck there are probably more Freakos (I mean Figos) in Delhi than there are Polos all over India. Time to get the speculations abuzz and hype up a used car deal?

Last edited by khan75 : 8th April 2010 at 00:45.
Old 8th April 2010, 00:50   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Just 500 delivered all across India? Wow that makes my car rarer than a BMW or Merc. Heck there are probably more Freakos (I mean Figos) in Delhi than there are Polos all over India. Time to get the speculations abuzz and hype up a used car deal?
looking to sell yours ?...you kidding right ?
Old 8th April 2010, 00:52   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
looking to sell yours ?...you kidding right ?
Err umm ahh you never know.

Looking to buy mine?
Old 8th April 2010, 01:22   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Err umm ahh you never know.

Looking to buy mine?
Interesting thought esp with all the mod work happening at the VW dealership. As for me, not really sirjee... have already sold my soul to an Italian lady !

But on a more serious note, what are the odds i.e. if you do propose to sell your Polo (.. I still can't believe I'm saying that!)...you'd get an offer equal to (Polo Highline On Road price) + 67 K (Skirting et all) or even more ?

- B4W

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks