Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 12:31   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I couldn't agree with you more.The general perception of a 3 cylinder engine is that it's underpowered.It's probably the alto/800 phenomenon of small cars that make people think that a 3 cylinder engine is something associated with a small car and not a bigger hatchback.The only drawback i see is that a 3 cylinder engine will just be a little rough at idle speeds,hardly anything to be of a much of a cause of a concern.I welcome the Polo with a 3 pot motor and wouldn't mind buying one.
Took a TD in Polo over the weekend it was a petrol version.
ME to sales rep. : Heard it over the internet about the cabin noise and lil amount of Vibrations in the initial gears.

Sales rep: Sir you will feel a little vibration till you reach above 60 kmph.

Test drive time: Well the vibration was omni present. so much so that after the TD when i sat back in my i10 (year and half old) i found the engine noise to be almost zero.

I dont know if it was with a Demo car or its a common phenomenon with all petrol polo's
Old 7th April 2010, 12:31   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
The Polo with the body kit is one hell of a looker. If not insanley priced, i think most enthusiasts would go for it (ofcourse with the 1.6 petrol option)
The Polo's body kit will cost around 60k plus painting and fitment. There you go!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:32   #843
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how many Fabia are sold after Polo Launch?

I guess it must be less than 100-200 even after Skoda is offering a huge discount on it. I guess German people (Skoda & VW) should concentrate on tier 2 & 3 cities also to boost sales. I don't see many people buying Skoda brand apart for Tier 1 cities. People are scared to buy these cars as they think it is not affordable.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:37   #844
Senior - BHPian

If I'm not wrong, this is the first time any car manufacturer is offering such things in India in this segment. I sincerely wish this to be successful so as to be copied soon by others. The child seats & roof transport systems are most welcome. Has anyone seen a roof transport system in hatchback segments for any other cars?
Old 7th April 2010, 12:48   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I guess it must be less than 100-200 even after Skoda is offering a huge discount on it. I guess German people (Skoda & VW) should concentrate on tier 2 & 3 cities also to boost sales. I don't see many people buying Skoda brand apart for Tier 1 cities. People are scared to buy these cars as they think it is not affordable.
Initially even I had thought Skoda Fabia was not affordable. But after checking both the Polo - Comfortline and Fabia Classic. After the huge Fabia discount both are having hardly 5 K difference.

Wanted to know which one would be a better option Polo or Fabia. Prices are coming almost the same. And cant see any mileage difference also.

Feature wise Skoda's offering is better, but have more trust on VW. Still confused which one to take.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:49   #846
BHPian

@ sid , is there any news on the prices of these accessories ?
I had a chance to see the e version in the polo Website and is published here too
Old 7th April 2010, 12:53   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
@ sid , is there any news on the prices of these accessories ?
I had a chance to see the e version in the polo Website and is published here too
can you forward the link to the same?
Old 7th April 2010, 13:02   #848
Senior - BHPian

kadri, go for Polo trendline. Spice up with a good 2DIN ICE set up and a nice set of alloys.Absolute VFM, if you are not bothered about safety features. Fabia's time has come and gone.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:03   #849
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Official Indian market polo accesories brochure
First thing they need to offer are those gorgeous European version headlamps! I am sure there will be takers for it!

And why is it on the brochure, when they dont plan to offer the same?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th April 2010 at 13:05.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:05   #850
BANNED

@kadri007 Fabia is only available in diesel & polo in petrol, so if you want a diesel then go for fabia & if you want a petrol then go for polo, However i have driven both of them & i like fabia, It makes the one driving it feel special
Old 7th April 2010, 13:06   #851
mkh
Senior - BHPian

is VW brain dead?

What is the FIRST thing a car manufacturer should think when launching a new car?
Stock the showrooms with ENOUGH cars for a TD and at least where they have a MAJOR demand expected, deliver on time.
VW seems to have some brain dead people who were looking at this aspect, sorry to use strong words but thats the case here
Called for a TD and am told- cannot get the car to your location as have only ONE, yes 1, car for TD. I asked why- and the person told me because of high demand the 2nd car allotted for TD was delivered.
Also- for the highline, 3 months MIN waiting! Now my question is this:
Is this a car that is WAY above the rest in its segment that one has to wait for 3-4 months? NOT AT ALL, when you look at the punto, i20, it could be better but not by that much of a margin that warrants a customer to be kept waiting. The swift and dezire got away cause there was NOTHING in the diesel hatch and entry level sedan that a person could choose from!!!
I think VW got this messed up BIG time, it will surely mean that the customer who is like 50-50 between this and another car, will get pissed of with the waiting period and go for another car. It happened with one of my friend who picked up the i20 promptly on hearing this, a couple of more who are looking( and hence the reason for TD request) may also follow suit.
Talk about bad bad planning
Old 7th April 2010, 13:11   #852
Senior - BHPian

mkh the speculation is that VW is trying to increase localization before they sell Polo in volumes.
But not sure why some fools are willing to buy the display and demo cars. No Polo display cars in any of VW showrooms in Bangalore. Only left with one demo car.But if you go to Hosur road showroom, you will get the test drive pretty fast.

Last edited by poloman : 7th April 2010 at 13:12.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:19   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is the FIRST thing a car manufacturer should think when launching a new car?
Stock the showrooms with ENOUGH cars for a TD and at least where they have a MAJOR demand expected, deliver on time.
VW seems to have some brain dead people who were looking at this aspect, sorry to use strong words but thats the case here
Called for a TD and am told- cannot get the car to your location as have only ONE, yes 1, car for TD. I asked why- and the person told me because of high demand the 2nd car allotted for TD was delivered.
Also- for the highline, 3 months MIN waiting! Now my question is this:
Is this a car that is WAY above the rest in its segment that one has to wait for 3-4 months? NOT AT ALL, when you look at the punto, i20, it could be better but not by that much of a margin that warrants a customer to be kept waiting. The swift and dezire got away cause there was NOTHING in the diesel hatch and entry level sedan that a person could choose from!!!
I think VW got this messed up BIG time, it will surely mean that the customer who is like 50-50 between this and another car, will get pissed of with the waiting period and go for another car. It happened with one of my friend who picked up the i20 promptly on hearing this, a couple of more who are looking( and hence the reason for TD request) may also follow suit.
I agree

When you don't get a new car for test drive its most irritating. Still sales people expect us to book the car without driving it
Old 7th April 2010, 13:30   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
. I am one of those "50-50" customers. I have still not decided against it, but the focus has definitely shifted towards those which are more easily available (punto,i20 and figo).
Old 7th April 2010, 13:35   #855
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
mkh the speculation is that VW is trying to increase localization before they sell Polo in volumes.
But not sure why some fools are willing to buy the display and demo cars. No Polo display cars in any of VW showrooms in Bangalore. Only left with one demo car.But if you go to Hosur road showroom, you will get the test drive pretty fast.
dude- most of the people who are buying are working class, i mean the ones who are in office on the weekdays. If all of them turn up at the showroom on weekends, can u imagine the waiting time for getting a TD? A buyer does not care about localization etc, all he wants is a TD and the car at his door tomorrow once he likes it. Maybe 10-15 days, but 4 months?? what a joke! All i am saying is that bad bad planning, they had a LOT of time and previous car launches to learn from( like the recent beat), so why not prepare?
Once you are OUT in the market, you are expected to deliver, simple. I like the product, don't get me wrong, but tell me the GLARING differences between this and say i20 and punto that a person should sit and count 120 days to see his car? I mean to the 90% of the buyer, what is the BIG deal with the polo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks