Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-8.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-9.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-10.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-11.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-12.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-13.jpg  

Old 6th April 2010, 19:14   #827
BANNED

Wow.. Nice collections. This is called marketing, others have to learn from VW.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:16   #828
BHPian

Great job Sid; That's quite a comprehensive list of accessories VW has come out with for POLO. I've, however, heard the accessories are not that friendly priced and might burn a hole in your pocket. Any comments?
Old 6th April 2010, 19:24   #829
Senior - BHPian

The Polo with the body kit is one hell of a looker. If not insanley priced, i think most enthusiasts would go for it (ofcourse with the 1.6 petrol option)
Old 6th April 2010, 19:51   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I Don't agree here. It will eat share of Polo, Punto & i20 also. People will definitely think of Figo. Like Instead of buying i20 people will definitely think of top end Diesel in Figo as it is more VFM package than i20
What makes you think that a person who has liked i10 and has money to buy it, will still look at Figo? Figo is a good car. But you will not be doing it any good by equating it with a premium hutch back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidd25 View Post
Personally, I don't like like the interiors.
Quite pale n boring.
Do you mean Figo or i10?
For me, Figo's interior color combination was bizarre. It would have been a much better package if the combination was moderate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Yep, absolutely. Buy one with the larger 4.3" display though as it tends to make the data a lot more legible.
Khan75, is it possible for you to findout if there is an external audio input behind the Polo's OEM 2 Din Music system? It will be of great help.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 6th April 2010 at 19:54.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:13   #831
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@khan75 : I think poloman was referring to the official team bhp reviews like the one on the figo & polo by team-bhp mods like GTO.
No TD reviews can be completely neutral, all are just indicators and guidelines incl the ones magazines post. Finally one HAS to go and check out things for ownself to see what is best. Here we will find an "enthusiasts" note on cars more than what a common car purchaser will look at. There are no TD reports on i10 and i20 here, but they are the segment leaders which goes to say that the average buyers does not look at many things which a car enthusiast is very particular about( hence the deluge of Punto owners on TBHP). Finally the best car is what suits the owner the best
Old 6th April 2010, 20:25   #832
Senior - BHPian

Exactly, the test drive reports should not form perceptions among people. It is seen that subjective phrases like VFM are attached to few cars. All cars are VFM in some form atleast to the customers who buy them.Definition of VFM will be different to different people.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:55   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I Don't agree here. It will eat share of Polo, Punto & i20 also. People will definitely think of Figo. Like Instead of buying i20 people will definitely think of top end Diesel in Figo as it is more VFM package than i20
IMO Figo does not fit into the league of Polos, Puntos or I20s (PPI), VFM is a very generic term. It depends on priorities and what you are looking for. Economically Figo packs punch but it doesnt mean that if price of a premium petrol hatch and a economical Diesel hatch is same, I would opt for diesel hatch. Figo is a economical hatch while PPI are premium hatches.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:03   #834
Senior - BHPian

I feel pity when I see some of my friends reject Polo outright with out even a test drive saying that it is having a 3 pot engine. But if you question them what really is lacking in a 3 pot engine, you won't get any technically correct answers. This is the problem with people who solely depend on test drive report of others for making the decision.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:08   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I feel pity when I see some of my friends reject Polo outright with out even a test drive saying that it is having a 3 pot engine. But if you question them what really is lacking in a 3 pot engine, you won't get any technically correct answers. This is the problem with people who solely depend on test drive report of others for making the decision.
I couldn't agree with you more.The general perception of a 3 cylinder engine is that it's underpowered.It's probably the alto/800 phenomenon of small cars that make people think that a 3 cylinder engine is something associated with a small car and not a bigger hatchback.The only drawback i see is that a 3 cylinder engine will just be a little rough at idle speeds,hardly anything to be of a much of a cause of a concern.I welcome the Polo with a 3 pot motor and wouldn't mind buying one.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th April 2010 at 22:09.
Old 6th April 2010, 22:15   #836
BHPian

Does VW Polo also have front impact beams and collapsible steering like Skoda Fabia. What are the safety features available in the Polo.

The Skoda guys explained in detailed all the safety features, but the VW guys didn't seem to be serious in explaining it when had visited the showroom.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:40   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post

Khan75, is it possible for you to findout if there is an external audio input behind the Polo's OEM 2 Din Music system? It will be of great help.
Will try and find that out tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadri007 View Post
Does VW Polo also have front impact beams and collapsible steering like Skoda Fabia. What are the safety features available in the Polo.

The Skoda guys explained in detailed all the safety features, but the VW guys didn't seem to be serious in explaining it when had visited the showroom.
It does have a front impact beam. I haven't a clue about the collapsible steering.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:47   #838
BHPian

Think all modern cars come with a collapsible steering as standard.
Old 7th April 2010, 10:45   #839
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the dealer inquiring about my employer details. He told this is for preparing the corporate discount list. Could not get more details since I was driving.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:35   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Think all modern cars come with a collapsible steering as standard.
Side impact beams, front crumple zone, rear impact beams, top impact beams, strong A frame, collapsible steering, door lock release on impact, are some of the common safety features now a days in all global models.

IMO since Fabia is based on Polo mark 4 platform, if Fabia has it, New Polo mark 5 should also have it.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 7th April 2010 at 11:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks