Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 17:49   #1276
BHPian

Chethan, wait buddy wait.

You are one of the lucky few who will manage to get the Polo with only 50% localisation. You are getting an imported engine and gearbox. That's one of the reasons I jumped to book one early.
The first lot of all vehicles which have been tried and tested in the foreign market are always the best as most of the parts are imported. So be patient.

TIME WAITS FOR NO MAN, TRUE LOVE WAITS FOREVER
Old 15th May 2010, 18:56   #1277
BHPian

^^^ i would also suggest the same. Wait and buy the Polo. also if you look closely all good cars (basically cars which fetch a good resale) swift,dzire,figo,ritz,honda city etc have a waiting period, so why not polo. I made it very clear that ill be making cash payment and if necessary i can pay now but still the SP gave a date 3 months from the date of booking.

Also if you still insist on buying soon ill advise against Fiesta. Its resale is poor as it is and it will be very poor after the new model comes out.
Old 15th May 2010, 19:34   #1278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Firstly, black on Polo is about 25 to 30k at the moment. Secondly, people paying in cash certainly are high on priority list. Lastly, I got my car in about 40 days, was given a waiting period of 12-15 weeks which was mentioned on the booking papers. On 31st March (year end), lot of cars were sold on cash to book profit in the previous year. We got a call too but since my dad said that we can pay by draft in 2-3 days (had to get loan from dad's office which takes about 2 days maximum), the SP said, they will call us later. We got a call 7-8 days later and were asked to take delivery in about a week.

I dont know how the loan system works with banks but is it possible that you get the formalities done and ask SP that you can pay whenever they want?

Also, what is the waiting period mentioned on your booking papers. If the dealer is not sticking to it, log a complaint on VWs helpline (number available on their website), you will get a call from the dealer in about 4-5 days. A friend of mine did the same when the dealer did not stick to the details mentioned on the booking period. He booked a red highline in January 2010 but I got my car before he did. Later he got his car in about 1 week from the day he got a call back from dealer (this was end of april).

Fiesta is an excellent car but you surely will feel outdated once the new model comes in, I would say wait for the Polo.
I am pooling funds from my existing OD. So no problem for the payment. I have informed this already to the SP (long back - thought of using this as a carrot). I just need a day's time to pull out a DD and give them. If it makes them a difference, they could have told me. I would have paid them 100%. Even now, when I meet them on Monday, I am prepared to pay them 100% and wait for a maximum period of a month. But I need back to back commitment from them.

I do not have a written commitment from them regarding delivery. That may be because I booked even before the car was launched. As you said you got your car earlier than your friend who had booked before you. That means they do not follow ethical practice. This is what I felt when I was talking to the dealer.

I am also in to business. One can definitely have a priority (different queue) for people who book with 100% advance. But this should be told and practiced in a transparent way. Otherwise, it will leave a bad taste.

Your take on fiesta is right. Initially when I was looking for the car, I had Fiesta in mind. This car met all my expectations. But since this car was outgoing and Polo was incoming, I decided on Polo. But I am not the type of person who will be after new products and go for the change very frequently. If I buy Fiesta, as long as it does the job, I will not bother for another 5-7 years. Fiesta Zxi Tdci is about 50k more then Polo after discount.

Any way, I am keeping my fingers crossed for my Monday evening meeting. It all depends on the tone. If I do not like it, I will pull off. I don't like it, if I feel as though I am standing in ration queue, at the mercy of somebody.
Old 16th May 2010, 10:46   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
. Now - what if the same thing continues after sales? He will easily say that he has not received the part from VW and ask me to come back after 15 days?

If I cancel the booking I will go for the Fiesta Tdci Zxi. Any advice is welcome.

Chetan, The same thoughts are giving me nightmares from the day I booked the Polo. Waiting for a car is OK. But if the same thing extends to parts and spares, You are done with. I am sure the dealer is going to blame VW for that delay also. The VW helpline is a joke. Please don't waste your time there.
We are in the same boat. I had almost booked a Fiesta !.6 SXI, but due to some unfavorable response from Ford and the dealers I dropped it. My current preference is Polo HL>Figo TDCI Titanium> Fiesta 1.6SXI. So I am very clear what to do if I have to drop Polo.
Monday I am also going to meet the dealer. This nonsense has to end.

Last edited by poloman : 16th May 2010 at 10:47.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:54   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Chetan, The same thoughts are giving me nightmares from the day I booked the Polo. Waiting for a car is OK. But if the same thing extends to parts and spares, You are done with. I am sure the dealer is going to blame VW for that delay also. The VW helpline is a joke. Please don't waste your time there.
We are in the same boat. I had almost booked a Fiesta !.6 SXI, but due to some unfavorable response from Ford and the dealers I dropped it. My current preference is Polo HL>Figo TDCI Titanium> Fiesta 1.6SXI. So I am very clear what to do if I have to drop Polo.
Monday I am also going to meet the dealer. This nonsense has to end.
Same here with me also. I called up the dealership yesterday and they said that they will give me a correct (I hope so) delivery position by Wednesday (19th May). If there is a further delay beyond this month then I am planning to go in for a Fiat Punto 1.2 Emotion which costwise (with the discounts offered) works out to a couple of thousands more than the VW Trendline. At least I have a dealer and A.S.S. assured at my city for this vehicle.
Old 16th May 2010, 14:59   #1281
Distinguished - BHPian

Diesel Polo - A few days away from delivery

Finally, last week I got a chance to do a Puja on the date I preferred, at a temple near the dealership. They would not let me take my car home until after all the approvals are received from State Transport in TN and the registration is done. hope to finally get the car in hand this coming week.

Few observations from the short time spent with the car:

Pluses:
  1. Quality of plastics surprised me. They had a nice texture that looked upmarket, were not as hard to touch as I feared and color combination was very appealing with the shade of biege and black used.
  2. Panel gaps are really thin and uniform...Was impressed with the precision of the overall build.
  3. Steering wheel looked small and puny in the pictures, but in real life it is much chunkier and feels nice to hold.
  4. Gear shifts - I remembered reading the Diesel version has long throws on one of the reviews. But I felt the throws were very short and easy.
  5. I am 6 foot 2 inches but never had the problem of my knees knocking on the side panels. had this problem initially, but once I tilted the steerign wheel up it was not an issue anymore.
  6. Sufficient headroom for a tall driver.
Minuses:
  1. 14 inch wheels and 175 tyres look really puny compared to the strong form of the rest of the car. resolved to upgrade to 15 inch alloys and size 185 tyres soon.
  2. The car needs to be revved initially when shifting to first gear. Otherwise it tends to stall. I am used to the Verna Diesel where you do not have to have your foot on the accelerator even when in second gear and easing off the clutch - the vehicle never stalls.
  3. Horn was very weak. I am not sure it can do its job in Chennai traffic. A horn upgrade is a must-have IMO
  4. Door shut sound - I thought it lacked the "thunk" sound - it was a sharper sound - still quite unique from the Japanese and Korean cars but not as satisfying as in the higer end VW family cars.
Here are a few pictures. Will post a more detailed review once I get my hands on it next week.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_1655.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_1658.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_1678.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_1694.jpg  

Volkswagen Polo : Test Drive & Review-img_1695.jpg  

Old 16th May 2010, 19:49   #1282
BHPian

congratulations on your purchase mr. monsoon. i think you are the first person to own the diesel polo. do keep us informed how she runs. take care and best of luck.
Old 17th May 2010, 10:24   #1283
BHPian

@Monsoon: Which showroom did you take the car from annanagar or CIT nagar ?? Just curious to know as to why you did the puja when you won't get the car. You could have waited and taken delivery later this week and taken the car home right .
Old 17th May 2010, 10:54   #1284
Senior - BHPian

84.Monsoon@ Congratulations! Car (Engine bay also) looks brilliant. Hope to see your Ownership thread by this week end!
Old 17th May 2010, 11:48   #1285
BANNED

Congrats, one can almost confuse the looks to a Palio MJD.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:24   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Congrats, one can almost confuse the looks to a Palio MJD.
A little more moolah and you could get 2 of those for the price of that VW!
Old 17th May 2010, 13:52   #1287
BHPian

VW Polo TDI arrives at showrooms

Saw the first owner drive his away. I was very impressed by how quiet this engine was for a 3 Cyl Oil burner. Nearly inaudible at idle and marginally louder during 1st gear acceleration.
Old 17th May 2010, 13:56   #1288
BHPian

How much is the tdi?
Old 17th May 2010, 14:08   #1289
BHPian

Re

I think its close to Rs. 1 Lac more than the Petrol equivalent. But given its real world mileage of around 16kmpl (+1 km more than the best iteration of the Multijet engine), lower emissions and better performance numbers, it makes more sense to me.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:14   #1290
BHPian

Its already discussed here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks