Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 22:27   #496
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Here is the newest WagonR. The model is currently available in Japan only. Not sure whether it will come to India or not.
Some highlights are
- The new Suzuki Wagon R, as big a cultural icon in Japan as the Volkswagen Golf is in Germany, has debuted.
- The 2013 Suzuki Wagon R and Wagon R Stingray mini-minivans are not expected to ship to the U.S.
- The new-generation Wagon R is lighter and notably more fuel-efficient than its predecessor, with top claimed economy of 67.7 mpg.

Source:- Insideline
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-2013-suzuki-wagonr.jpg  

Old 7th September 2012, 15:54   #497
BANNED

The new Japanese Wagon R Stingray looks good, IMO.
Attached Images

Old 12th September 2012, 17:38   #498
BHPian

Finally my Wagon R has got all it's accessories completed. I have added a bluetooth stereo system, full floor mats, remote lock, seat covers (as I take my dogs in my car and want a rexiene seat) and some heat blocking devices.

My Wagon R is just perfect and I am in love with it.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:26   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I usually keep the car always between 2k and 4k rpm in higher gears. Just try it out.
Hello Audioholic,

Thank you once again for bringing out these facts.

During my recent 535 KMS trip I ensured to keep the Engine RPM between 2 & 3K while in 3rd, 4th & 5th Gears. I managed to get mileage of 18.5 KMPL which made my really happy.

Earlier the best mileage I managed to get was 15.7 KMPL because I used to drive in 4th & 5th gears at 1600 to 1800 RPMs.

Similarly in city by following the keeping the RPM above 2K rule, I managed to get mileage of 12 KMPL.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 14:06   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Audioholic,

Thank you once again for bringing out these facts.

During my recent 535 KMS trip I ensured to keep the Engine RPM between 2 & 3K while in 3rd, 4th & 5th Gears. I managed to get mileage of 18.5 KMPL which made my really happy.

Earlier the best mileage I managed to get was 15.7 KMPL because I used to drive in 4th & 5th gears at 1600 to 1800 RPMs.

Similarly in city by following the keeping the RPM above 2K rule, I managed to get mileage of 12 KMPL.

Thanks,
Thats great Jignesh. Could you please try and get the speed vs. gear data for all us Lxi guys who seriously miss a tacho!

I now shift as following:
1st to 2nd : 10-15 Kmph
2nd to 3rd : 35 Kmph
3rd to 4th : around 50 Kmph
4th to 5th : around 65-70 Kmph

Can our Vxi guys tell what rpms approximately my car be doing at these speeds when I shift. Haven't really measured the F.E. now, but I guess approximately it should be around 11.5 in the city.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 15:34   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Thats great Jignesh. Could you please try and get the speed vs. gear data for all us Lxi guys who seriously miss a tacho!
Hello Jigar,

Let me analyze the speed v/s gear ratio for couple of days & I will get back to you.

In the meantime, I feel Tachometer is absolutely important, epecially in bumper to bumper city traffic. This is so because by looking at RPM's you know exactly how much needless pressure you are putting on the engine.

I will suggest you to go for after market Tacho, which are very easy to install & there are couple of threads here on T-BHP in this.

Thanks,
Old 18th September 2012, 15:52   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Jigar,

Let me analyze the speed v/s gear ratio for couple of days & I will get back to you.

In the meantime, I feel Tachometer is absolutely important, epecially in bumper to bumper city traffic. This is so because by looking at RPM's you know exactly how much needless pressure you are putting on the engine.

I will suggest you to go for after market Tacho, which are very easy to install & there are couple of threads here on T-BHP in this.

Thanks,
Do that as your time permits.
Yes, after driving the car without a tacho and one with a tacho, I realize the importance of it. As they say, "you realize the importance of something only if you don't have it."

Regarding the after market tacho, had enquired with the A.S.S. guys but they refused it saying one does not need a tacho, its useless. As expected, I did not continue the conversation further. Will look at other after-market tachos, but the only problem is the warranty and it even spoils the look of the dash. I personally don't like those ritz like ones. (No offense to ritz owners).

If only I had known about Team-BHP earlier, I would be with a different car or atleast a Vxi.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:25   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will look at other after-market tachos, but the only problem is the warranty and it even spoils the look of the dash. I personally don't like those ritz like ones. (No offense to ritz owners)..
Hello Jigar,

I accept. The after market Tacho on Dashboard looks a little odd. But that is a matter of personal choice & the benefits are quite high.

I do not know about warranty. Is the warranty void if after market Tacho is installed? I do not think so.

In the meantime, you may go through the following threads on Team-BHP:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...meters-20.html
In the above thread have a look in page 20, post # 297, where Tacho is installed without any holes on dashboard.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...astar-vxi.html

Thanks,
Old 21st September 2012, 21:37   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I now shift as following:
1st to 2nd : 10-15 Kmph
2nd to 3rd : 35 Kmph
3rd to 4th : around 50 Kmph
4th to 5th : around 65-70 Kmph

Can our Vxi guys tell what rpms approximately my car be doing at these speeds when I shift. Haven't really measured the F.E. now, but I guess approximately it should be around 11.5 in the city.
Hello Carzone,

To keep the Maruti WagonR K10 Engine's RPM above 2000 mark following Gear shift is to be followed:

2nd to 3rd: at 30 KMPH
3rd to 4th: at 40 / 45 kMPH
4th to 5th: at 60 KMPH

Follow the above rule & you will ensure that your Car's engine is running above 2000 RPM & the fuel consumption is minimum.

Try it & let us know the difference in mileage figures. It has worked for me.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2012, 18:20   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
By the way, today, my waggy got a pair of new headlight assemblies. However, the new assemblies also are showing signs of fogging. Cheers to both the dealer as well as MSIL for accepting the claim and replacing both headlights within a short amount of time.
@audioholic, did you know the reasons why both the sets of headlight assembly were fogging.
The RHS of my WagonR has some condensation which started for the first time during this monsoon.
Though the service station wanted to replace, I chose to try and clean it.
Even after cleaning there was condensation immediately and has remained like this even after the rains have stopped.
Any suggestion how to resolve this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_1312.jpg  

Old 9th November 2012, 18:29   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

The reason is not known to me or the service advisor. But condensation was present. I believe that the assembly had taken in some water and hence the condensation took place. If it took in water, then I assume there was a defect in the process of sealing the lamps.

In your case, I advise you to dry the assembly, after removing all bulbs and taking it out of the car. Leave it in a warm place with the headlight hole facing upwards. Else, dry using a hairdryer and fit it back. Make sure that the bulbs fit properly, and also the gasket must be fit properly. The bulb hole is the only place from where water or dust can get in, due to improper fitment of lamps.

If there were a sealing defect, the problem would have cropped up like in my case within a few days of owning the car, not now.
Old 1st January 2013, 09:14   #507
BANNED

Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...ommercial/3439

This could be the face-lifted version of the WagonR to be launched in 2013. That horrible lower air dam is gone, and now it looks much better, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-2010_maruti_wagonr_review.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by romeomidhun : 1st January 2013 at 09:18.
Old 1st January 2013, 09:44   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...ommercial/3439

This could be the face-lifted version of the WagonR to be launched in 2013. That horrible lower air dam is gone, and now it looks much better, IMO.
Oh.wow,this snapshot is from the latest Maruti Suzuki TVC.Great.I hope they do not change the mounting points,i'll get the bumper replaced when the new one is launched.Will it be possible?
Old 1st January 2013, 09:57   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Good catch by oncars there. Agree on the airdam. The current one with those black wraparound the fog lights look absolutely ridiculous.
Old 1st January 2013, 10:06   #510
Senior - BHPian

Basically the purpose of facelift seems to be to make the WR more in sync with other models. Frontend treatment is similar to what Maruti did with new Ritz.

However, what would be interesting to know - will Maruti plonk Multijet engine into this? Atleast a 3 cyl variant of the Multijet (a.la Beat ) ?
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks