Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 10:04   #556
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review

Update:

You guys were right. It was the battery. Nissan replaced it with a brand new battery (although not for free) and no problems at all after that. However, we're still wondering why a battery would go bad in just 1 year 3/4 months...
Old 17th April 2012, 18:00   #557
Senior - BHPian

Maybe he left the headlight on all night?

Have them check to ensure the alternator is charging
Old 1st May 2012, 22:43   #558
BHPian

I took a test drive of the Nissan Micra diesel top variant last week. The engine responsiveness was extremely good and the soundproofing was also quite good. I have read that the top end diesel model does not have ABS, EBD & passenger side airbag. However, the salesperson told me that the top diesel variant has all of these. To confirm this claim, I asked him to show me the tech specs. However, he has not provided the same so far even though I have got a couple of calls in between. Does anybody have any information about the availability of these features, as these are going to be an important consideration. Also, he had offered a cash discount of oround 25k on the top diesel model. Any tips about prevailing cash discounts ?
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:32   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
1) I have read that the top end diesel model does not have ABS, EBD & passenger side airbag. However, the salesperson told me that the top diesel variant has all of these. To confirm this claim, I asked him to show me the tech specs. However, he has not provided the same so far even though I have got a couple of calls in between. Does anybody have any information about the availability of these features, as these are going to be an important consideration.
1) Nissan's India website is not that good managed. From one link I got a brochure of Micra which only had petrol model variants. But from another link I got hold of a brochure which has diesel model variants also.
Posting an image of the same: ABS is not offered.
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-micra-diesel.png

2) Rather than the cash discount, if at all you are interested in accessories, try to negotiate for accessories and not cash discount.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 20:57   #560
Senior - BHPian

Guys, my friend is looking for a change of his hatchback. He is eyeing a change from the regular Maruti and Hyundai and is looking more towards the petrol Micra, the base model. His budget is upto 4.25 lacs ex-showroom. Could anyone point out any major niggles with the car / hassles with the service center or of any thread / posts mentioning the same? Is there other colors that are not mentioned in the web site? I think he told of some special red, forgot the name.

How about the Renault Pulse in comparison? Hope both will not be so bad on FE. His use is more inside the city and he is no high speed freak.

Last edited by thoma : 16th May 2012 at 20:58.
Old 17th May 2012, 19:47   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Guys, my friend is looking for a change of his hatchback. He is eyeing a change from the regular Maruti and Hyundai and is looking more towards the petrol Micra, the base model. His budget is upto 4.25 lacs ex-showroom. Could anyone point out any major niggles with the car / hassles with the service center or of any thread / posts mentioning the same? Is there other colors that are not mentioned in the web site? I think he told of some special red, forgot the name.
The biggest issue I have heard in case of Micra is not so good braking. Hence, from what I know, its good to get ABS equipped Micra. Otherwise the hatchback is quite good. Another thing that I noticed is that visibility ( front ) was quite good as compared to other modern hatches which have larger windscreen but hood is not visible.

Service Network is good and Nissan is not old enough in market and neither does it have such a large customer base that service center issues, etc. might show up and get reported.

Lastly, the air intake is a bit too low in my view as compared with cars like Etios, Wagon R, etc. which have higher air takes. I have not driven Micra that extensively, but I felt that diesel is more responsive in city than petrol.

Mirca is quite well built IMO. I had seen a Micra crash head on in my RVM ( thread exists ) and overall, its reassuring to see a car take up crash this well. BTW, Micra scores 4/5 stars in ENCAP.

Ask your friend to have a look at Beat diesel also. Its also quite solid car ( for its size ) has good refinement and small size makes it good for city driving.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2012, 20:50   #562
Senior - BHPian

What brand OEM tires (& size) does the Micra come with? Putting wider and sticker aftermarket tires will make a big difference in braking.
Old 17th May 2012, 22:17   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
What brand OEM tires (& size) does the Micra come with?
Brand, I dont know, but tyres :

For all models except XV-Diesel : 165/70 R14
XV-Diesel : 175/60 R15

Source : Micra Brochure
Old 31st May 2012, 20:57   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
165/70 R14 tyres. MRF’s are a poor choice of OEM rubber. Upgrade recommended:
Hi GTO,

What's would be good upgrade specs to replace stock tryes on this model. Would you be able to offer any specs / suggestions / links ?

Thanks, ajayc
Old 31st May 2012, 21:27   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
Hi GTO,

What's would be good upgrade specs to replace stock tryes on this model. Would you be able to offer any specs / suggestions / links ?

Thanks, ajayc
You can get the alloys and tyres of the highest diesel variant ( size of which I have mentioned in my post ).

Else you can post your query here in the dedicated tyres and wheel section.
Old 1st June 2012, 11:04   #566
Senior - BHPian

Does the Micra come with under-body coating from the factory or do we have to do a 3M coating from outside?

One another query. Is the XE plus variant available now? The Nissan site doesn't seem to put out its specifications. If so, is it value for money over the XE at a premium of 27k? The major difference, I guess, is the audio system (but is not USB or bluetooth enabled), the seat covers, the steering wheel cover and the wheel cups.
Old 1st June 2012, 13:01   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Does the Micra come with under-body coating from the factory or do we have to do a 3M coating from outside?

One another query. Is the XE plus variant available now? The Nissan site doesn't seem to put out its specifications. If so, is it value for money over the XE at a premium of 27k? The major difference, I guess, is the audio system (but is not USB or bluetooth enabled), the seat covers, the steering wheel cover and the wheel cups.
XE plus, to the best of my knowledge is NOT available. I am uploading a shot of the same from the website which I took right now.
Next to XE is XL which has many significant/noticeable features which XE does not have. Please note that XE and XL does not have ABS, Passenger Airbag. From what I have heard and felt, Micra is not really good in braking, so ABS is recommended and ABS is not available in XE, XL variants. Only XV has ABS, but in diesel, irrespective of model they lack ABS.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-micra-diesel-2.png  

Old 21st June 2012, 11:53   #568
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review vs Etios

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The biggest issue I have heard in case of Micra is not so good braking. Hence, from what I know, its good to get ABS equipped Micra. Otherwise the hatchback is quite good. Another thing that I noticed is that visibility ( front ) was quite good as compared to other modern hatches which have larger windscreen but hood is not visible.

Ask your friend to have a look at Beat diesel also. Its also quite solid car ( for its size ) has good refinement and small size makes it good for city driving.
Beat and Micra? Beat is loud inside the car, seriously loud than I am used to!

Was impressed with the diesel. 4 th gear was like 2nd gear wrt to torque. Headlights/fog light combo is brilliant.

Since I also checked out Etios again; a small price wise comparison.

Etios GD( with airbas) - 6.92lac OTR ( abs/airbag are present, NOTHING else!)
Micra dCi topend - 7.33Lac OTR ( NO ABS and just one airbag, and rest is loaded, be it alloys, HVAC etc).
Old 24th June 2012, 00:15   #569
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra : Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Was impressed with the diesel. 4 th gear was like 2nd gear wrt to torque. Headlights/fog light combo is brilliant.
Hi, did you mean the Beat or the Micra in the above line?

Today, I got to drive my friend's Micra XE petrol. Except that it is big on space, I didn't find it much better than the i10 or the Ritz. However, low end torque and visibility is better than the Beat. Felt like a diesel engine on cranking and seemed a bit of lag before full power is delivered, if we floor the pedal!

Sharing a few quick observations. Steering is bit too light and should be careful at all speeds. Gear shift is clunky. Back seat thigh support is bad and no head rest on the back seat for the base model. Driver seating is a bit on the higher side and aids in better visibility. Front seats offer good lower back support which prevents back pain - not felt this in any other car of this class. The overall visibility will impart us a feel of moving at higher speeds than what the car is actually doing on the road. Ride was not too bad or too great on rough roads. Skinny tires and light steering does not inspire much confidence at curves. It came shod with Maxxis tires from Thailand! Vibrations, especially at idle, are not as muted as in the Beat. Definite cost cutting visible in very thin side glasses. Huge boot for a hatch. Width too. Can accommodate 4 slim persons at the back. Yes, slim.
Old 24th June 2012, 15:47   #570
BHPian

Though no plans to buy a car now, I did a TD of Micra Diesel yesterday. The demo car was the lower version one, but was loaded with features. I liked the key less function the most. It was very refined on the move, fantastic all round visibility from driver's seat, puling power was excellent too. I could do 120 kmph & the car was stable till that speed. Could not feel that break is worst like many have remarked.Very easy to drive & to live with Micra. During my TD of approx 12 km, the MID FE came to 18 kmpl after I had reset the same to zero before I started. This included raving to 3500 rpm. Till 3000 rpm, the noise of the engine was very controlled.

The SE was very courteous & arranged the TD in 5 minutes. Other showroom staff seemed to be extremely polite.

One sore point for me was the clutch pedal is placed much higher to my liking. It is way above the brake pedal. In most cars, both brake & clutch pedal are placed at similar heights.

My TD was just after 250 km drive on Verna 1.6 CRDI, even then I was impressed with the car.Overall a superb package. Nissan must provide ABS & passenger airbag without any further delay. I am sure lack of those are driving away many prospective customers from Nissan's showroom.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks