Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 21:03   #406
BANNED

I would like to see both these cars reviews here asap. Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
Old 27th July 2010, 02:11   #407
Senior - BHPian

Clarifications regarding the I-key and start/stop

There have been numerous comments on the keyless feature in the Micra and one thing in particular - Can you start the car when the key is outside? the simple answer is NO.
Here is how the entire thing works -
Once you have the I-key with you and you are within the range (0.9m=3ft), the request sensor in the door is activated and you can press it once to open ALL THE DOORS. The car can not be started at this time, even if you are within 6 inches of the door. Only if you are really close to the car door , say the key is almost touching the door, the car can be started - but this is more of a boundary condition testing which is not practical. In real life scenario, the car can be started once you are in the car. Once you sit within the car, and press the Start-stop button (with clutch pressed), the engine fires up and the OVRMS fold out automatically - really COOL!
After you get out of the car after stopping the engine, with the key in your pocket, press the request sensor on the door once to lock all the doors and the OVRMs fold in automatically - absolutely no need to take out the key from your pocket at any point of time!
This IMO is a really cool and well-thought feature and nothing to be worried about. Though this is not the only thing which got me interested in the Micra, but definitely a plus and adds to the feel-good factor. Alternatively, the car can be locked/unlocked in the conventional style by pressing the buttons on the remote.
Now, all depends on what wifey thinks about the rear seat. The SM was saying the production model car,mainly the XV has a better seat and under-thigh support. Let's see! This is the last hitch between me and the Micra and will also check out the panel gaps once more! I somehow can't believe a production model car from Nissan will have uneven panel gaps - the panel gaps in Micra are more than other cars, but as long as they are consistent, I am fine! Most probably will check it out tomorrow!
Old 27th July 2010, 08:07   #408
Senior - BHPian

It seems the push button start and the key less entries are different from other cars, It is true the head space is better than Polo. Let us wait and see the real FE. OVRm closing and opening is a new feature with the key in this range of cars.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:46   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Now, all depends on what wifey thinks about the rear seat. The SM was saying the production model car,mainly the XV has a better seat and under-thigh support. Let's see! This is the last hitch between me and the Micra and will also check out the panel gaps once more! I somehow can't believe a production model car from Nissan will have uneven panel gaps - the panel gaps in Micra are more than other cars, but as long as they are consistent, I am fine! Most probably will check it out tomorrow!
What is the fun in having half cooked car for TD or initial feel. Why should the pre-production model adi checked out be different from the actual production? Kinda, I dont understand why nissan is providing such pre-production cars to its potential customers.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:01   #410
BHPian

re:

@MutantX:
I seriously doubt that those are pre-production cars, especially at this time. I am 100% sure the dealer is trying to make things out of the air (I am also from hyd and i went to the same dealer). I can not imagine car mfg company like nissan is busy in building pre-prod cars when there are so many advanced booking backlog waiting to be filled.
Old 27th July 2010, 09:09   #411
BHPian

mohandas sir, If that is the case, what-ever adi had tested is the same car that would be on road. So what ever SM says might be to just to sell the car. woooo!

So adi, now a question to you:

-> Would you pick Micra if it didnt have "better seat and under-thigh support"?
-> If the pannel gaps were inconsistant/uneven?
Old 27th July 2010, 09:57   #412
Senior - BHPian

I too think the SM is just throwing things in the air, and do not believe him.
If the rear seat is an issue for my wife, then I might rethink my decision!
Old 27th July 2010, 10:19   #413
BHPian

Quote:
There have been numerous comments on the keyless feature in the Micra and one thing in particular - Can you start the car when the key is outside? the simple answer is NO.
Here is how the entire thing works -
Once you have the I-key with you and you are within the range (0.9m=3ft), the request sensor in the door is activated and you can press it once to open ALL THE DOORS. The car can not be started at this time, even if you are within 6 inches of the door. Only if you are really close to the car door , say the key is almost touching the door, the car can be started - but this is more of a boundary condition testing which is not practical. In real life scenario, the car can be started once you are in the car. Once you sit within the car, and press the Start-stop button (with clutch pressed), the engine fires up and the OVRMS fold out automatically - really COOL!
After you get out of the car after stopping the engine, with the key in your pocket, press the request sensor on the door once to lock all the doors and the OVRMs fold in automatically - absolutely no need to take out the key from your pocket at any point of time!
This IMO is a really cool and well-thought feature and nothing to be worried about. Though this is not the only thing which got me interested in the Micra, but definitely a plus and adds to the feel-good factor. Alternatively, the car can be locked/unlocked in the conventional style by pressing the buttons on the remote.
Hi adimicra,

The ORVM folding in and out feature on the Micra is really cool!

Nissan WW is known for excellent quality. The panel gaps noticed so far may be an aberration. Please do a detailed PDI when you get delivery.

nowwhat?
Old 27th July 2010, 10:39   #414
BHPian

nissan is known for excellent quality else-where. Now let us see what they deliver to india. We indians are known to compramise for anything and everything. Let us wait and see. adimicra, we need a user's review from you once you get your micra.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:20   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If the rear seat is an issue for my wife, then I might rethink my decision!
Let me tell you right now that we don't allow change of user id on Team-BHP.
Old 27th July 2010, 18:47   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Hi adimicra,

The ORVM folding in and out feature on the Micra is really cool!

Nissan WW is known for excellent quality. The panel gaps noticed so far may be an aberration. Please do a detailed PDI when you get delivery.

nowwhat?
Even I feel the same. It might be an aberration or the various TDs might have inflicted some injuries on the car.
Nissan is entering the hot volume segment with a premium hatch - they shouldn't be compromising on the quality aspect at all. VW and Ford have led the way on quality aspects with their launches, Nissan should definitely be emulating those instead of taking the Suzuki path.

Good quality does wonders for the customer's confidence in the product. Case in point is Skoda. Despite all their horror stories, informed folks still buy their stuff because of the pure quality they offer.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:48   #417

Micra Prices

Hi Guys,

Had attended a car exhibition in Hyderabad this weekend and had an opportunity to sit in all the hatchbacks in the market at one stop.

These were my observations about the Micra. The Front and side exteriors are good and the rear part of the car is a bit of a disappointment. The interiors seemed great and leg space and boot space were also nice. The rear seat head rest seemed thin and spongy and kept going back.

I would certainly rate this just below the Figo & Vista models in the VFM segment. Alloy wheels and Tyre up-sizing can always be done as per user requirements.

Here is the latest OTR price list in Hyderabad (the OTR will be lesser in other cities):
Micra XE: 4,77603
Micra XE Plus: 5,029,137
Micra XL: 5,61,110
Micra XV: 6,30,367
Old 28th July 2010, 01:22   #418
Senior - BHPian

Micra - in or out?

Went to the showroom with my better half to check out the 2 issues or concerns I had.
1> Rear seat under thigh support - The SM told me that the under thigh support in the production model car is better. SO went to the basement to check that out - though the under thigh support is not the best, both of us felt it is adequate and since the rear legroom is very good, you can stretch your legs to get better support. No issues, Aal Izz well!
2>Panel gaps - This was a far less serious issue. But once I started looking at the cars waiting for delivery, I was shocked - there were large panel gaps in the bonnet lining and the tailgate. Also there was quite a bit of inconsistency particularly areas joining the tail light as pointed out by GTO. And as the gaps are big, any inconsistency really becomes very noticeable. I was disappointed and shocked at the same time - this was never a serious criterion in my decision making process as I never expected any modern car from a reputed manufacturer will have any issues like this. But this indeed is an issue!

Now, this visit to the showroom has landed me in a very difficult situation - really do not know what to do. At this point, I am tilting more towards cancellation.
It was love at first sight for me with the Micra but after the launch of the car, there are things which did not live up to my expectations -
1> The engine is not that great but does the job adequately well. Nothing to get excited but not a deal breaker.
2> Rear under thigh support - again not great but both my wife and me felt it to be adequate. not a deal breaker!
3> Panel gaps - large and uneven, really an eyesore. A potential deal breaker!

Lets see, I will make up my mind soon enough! But do not want to spend 6.5lakhs on a car and be unhappy.

On the flip side, I saw a red 370Z in the parking.
It seems 2 rich people from hyderbad has ordered this beauty. Got a chance to be really up,close and personal with this beauty. What a car! Got a chance to sit in the car with my wife along side...amazing feeling. Just sitting in the car gave a feeling of driving a F1 car. Clicked a few snaps but those did not come out well because of my poor mobile camera and inadequate light in the parking!

Last edited by adimicra : 28th July 2010 at 01:24.
Old 28th July 2010, 02:00   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

That's sad to hear, adimicra and must be disappointing to you at this stage.

I cannot understand why a reputable manufacturer is not getting that sort of basic stuff right.
Old 28th July 2010, 08:21   #420
BHPian

adi, whatever observations that you had listed as 1,2 & 3 were similar to the ones expressed by people in the forum. But on the other hand, points 1 & 2 are deal breakers! 3 is fine! as they are just cosmetics.

1) Let us talk about the engine. If the engine isnt great, it doesnt make sense is buying the car! looks alone doesnt sell the car in your mind and heart. Try the KB series & Kappa engines! I am sure you would have a smile like the Vista Drive tech guy. From the BEAT thread, the engine seem to be much responsive after a ECU remap. So top model BEAT would also be in the list of cars to be considered.

2) Read Under thigh support is really important for long trips, you needto be comfortable in the car else you would either want to bike or take the autorickshaw everything ypu think of going out.

3) Pannel gaps being uneven is the least of your worry. If the first 2 are satisfactory then these cosmetics wouldnt bother you much. Look in case of punto!

Again, my observations doesnt warrant a straight forward cancellation micra's booking! but it is better to think before spending 6L on a car which you wouldnt be satisfied at the end of the day.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks