Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:56   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Well, I tried it too and just posted what happened. The key fob has to be within range and not necessarily inside the car for this to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Are you sure youweren't TRYING to see if it starts? like keeping the window open and getting your friend to hang on the door with his pocket floating into the car.
Because i have done quite a bit of experimenting (to the annoyance of other customers waiting to see the key) and i never was able to start it withou actually getting into ro close to my driving position. Im 100% sure it wouldnt have started unless the spare key had been stored in the glovebox or something
This got me thinking - What if somebody forgot the key inside the car (If it fell out of the pocket un-noticed)?

Seriously, a chance that we get used to key less entry/exit - and forget about the key?
Old 22nd July 2010, 23:57   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Take it easy Thad. I fully endorse that it takes too long and Ranbir irritates the hell out of me but hey, i think your a bit harsh on the actual site.
No... even after sleeping on it, i still feel the same!
Old 23rd July 2010, 00:14   #363
BHPian

well, all the hoohaa on the Micra website, got me to visit it finally.
Admittedly it did take a while to load up n I got quite bored of seeing Ranbir. The site layout is quite refreshing and I did quite like it, although getting around is a bit confusing at first.
Old 23rd July 2010, 01:29   #364
Distinguished - BHPian

I think I might even have increased their hit rate by making people curious!
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:59   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
This got me thinking - What if somebody forgot the key inside the car (If it fell out of the pocket un-noticed)?

Seriously, a chance that we get used to key less entry/exit - and forget about the key?
Chetan
I think its a keyless entry and start and NOT a keyless exit.
So, you should stop the car by pressing the button and lock the car as usual.

Yes, I agree the risk is a little more in this car as you don't have to use the key to start the car, so there is more chance of forgetting. But I think anyone who buys the car gwill not mind it given the coolness and the feel-good factor of this feature.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:05   #366
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the deliveries have started. Yesterday, I saw a red one on-road without any demo-car markings. Today I spotted a silver Micra in my office parking lot.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:11   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Chetan
I think its a keyless entry and start and NOT a keyless exit.
So, you should stop the car by pressing the button and lock the car as usual.

Yes, I agree the risk is a little more in this car as you don't have to use the key to start the car, so there is more chance of forgetting. But I think anyone who buys the car gwill not mind it given the coolness and the feel-good factor of this feature.
Definitely Yes. It is just a matter of getting used to it. Don't take it negatively.

In the review, I remember somebody mentioning that, If we just walk away with the key in the pocket, car doors will lock by itself. If we get used to it and then, on a fine day, we forget the key inside the car and walk away - confidently!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:15   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the review, I remember somebody mentioning that, If we just walk away with the key in the pocket, car doors will lock by itself. If we get used to it and then, on a fine day, we forget the key inside the car and walk away - confidently!!
Do not think this is true. You should stop the engine and lock the car as usual as you do in all other cars.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:41   #369
Senior - BHPian

Have the deliveries actually started, I have not spotted any Micra in Chennai yet, I commute 20 kms both ways. But no micra in sight.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:55   #370
BHPian

xingamazon, i havent seen Micra either. But I have spotted many polos! 4-5 yesterday.
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:11   #371
BHPian

Quote:
In the review, I remember somebody mentioning that, If we just walk away with the key in the pocket, car doors will lock by itself.
Well, the car does give our a fairly audible beep sound when you start walking away without locking.

Hope this helps.
Old 23rd July 2010, 13:36   #372
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Adimicra - With how many people you TDed it.I feel since it is 3 pot, the pick up will suffer at speeds (around 80/90 kph) if you brake suddenly and try to throttle to bring up. Need to bring down to lower gears.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:33   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Adimicra - With how many people you TDed it.I feel since it is 3 pot, the pick up will suffer at speeds (around 80/90 kph) if you brake suddenly and try to throttle to bring up. Need to bring down to lower gears.
RGK, the engine power or responsiveness is not really 3-pot or 4-pot dependant IMO.
I had the test drive with 4 people - one driver, one SA, my friend and myself.
As GTO and others said, the engine is not very responsive at low rpms but I found the mid and high range to be pretty strong (3000 to 6000 - this is the max rpm I did )and pulls effortlessly. Also, in my test drive, there were pretty steep roads (near the KBR park area) and the car pulled just fine without any issues and I did not feel any lack of power.
Yes, at low rpms the the acceleration is not brisk (Santro is better) but the engine does not lug ( it pulls slowly but cleanly without signs of stalling etc and the acceleration increases as the rpm moves upwards). I normally drive pretty fast and rev the engine. So, for my style of driving, it is not an issue. Another thing I noticed is the tall gearing - I was doing 80 kmph in 2 gear and I was not feeling like upshifting at all as the engine didn't feel strained at that point. Now, say you are at 80 in 2nd gear and then you shift to 3rd, you will be at ~3500 rpm which is bang in the middle of the power band and you might not experience the slower acceleration at low rpms. It can be a problem in bumper-to-bumper traffic but I could not test it under such conditions.

Another point is - the engine is pretty refined at least compared to other 3 cylinders like the Polo and the NVH levels inside the cabin is pretty good!

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd July 2010 at 14:51.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:42   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
For example, everyone knows the Santro 1.1 engine is a 3-potter but gives excellent low rpm response and hence it is excellent to drive in the city.
The Santro 1.1 is a 4 cylinder unit. It was the Matiz that had the 3 cylinder 800 cc Suzuki engine.
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:46   #375
SCH
BHPian

[
I was doing 80 kmph in 2 gear and I was not feeling like upshifting at all as the engine didn't feel strained at that point.

Doing 80 kmph in 2nd gear !!!! I am having a pity at the test drive vehicle. Also for info Santro has a 4 pot engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks