Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:50   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
The Santro 1.1 is a 4 cylinder unit. It was the Matiz that had the 3 cylinder 800 cc Suzuki engine.
Quote:
Doing 80 kmph in 2nd gear !!!! I am having a pity at the test drive vehicle. Also for info Santro has a 4 pot engine.
Sorry guyz, corrected. Santro is a 4-cylinder but SOHC correct! But I always mistake it for a 3-cylinder as it has the 3-cylinder like vibration at start and nowhere close to the mordern 4-cylinders in refinement!
Old 23rd July 2010, 14:53   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Have the deliveries actually started, I have not spotted any Micra in Chennai yet, I commute 20 kms both ways. But no micra in sight.
Yes, see post #366 above. I spotted two in Cochin, and one of them belongs to someone in my company.
Old 23rd July 2010, 16:37   #378
Senior - BHPian

Latest brochure

All,
This is the latest brochure for the Micra.. thought I will post it here as some poeple find downloading from the site painful.

As good.car-ma told, the trunk capacity is indeed 251 litres, though no mention of the steering chrome logo and the dead pedal anywhere. Also, another thing missing is the dual glove box and parcel shelf and the chrome internal door handles in the top-end XV, which is missing in the lower end models!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf spec-sheet_2010-07-21_00-48-28.pdf (197.3 KB, 631 views)

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd July 2010 at 16:38.
Old 23rd July 2010, 18:16   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
All,
This is the latest brochure for the Micra.. thought I will post it here as some poeple find downloading from the site painful.

As good.car-ma told, the trunk capacity is indeed 251 litres, though no mention of the steering chrome logo and the dead pedal anywhere. Also, another thing missing is the dual glove box and parcel shelf and the chrome internal door handles in the top-end XV, which is missing in the lower end models!
Thanks adimicra for the spec sheet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf micra-brochure_2010-07-16_05-46-17.pdf (886.2 KB, 717 views)
Old 24th July 2010, 21:17   #380

Anyone in Bangalore booked a Micra? Would like to know if anyone managed to get any freebies. I'm planning to book a Micra XV, and I was told no freebies are on offer. Even mudflaps, carpet mats need to be purchased separately! The OTR for XV is Rs. 6,44,861. Following are the accessories I would like to get, and the prices quoted by the dealer:
Splash/Mud guard - 794
Carpet Mats Griege - 1709
Exhaust finisher - 945
Art leather seat covers (Black & Red) - 6400
Kick plates, set of 4, front two with LED logo - 6583
Old 24th July 2010, 22:56   #381
Senior - BHPian

OK ! I saw on today at Trivandrum !

You ought to see one in real life; pix doesn't do justice.
Old 24th July 2010, 23:49   #382
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a type of red one coming out of Nissan Show room in Velachery. It did not appeal me in the first look. Any how I have a plan to go for a TD soon. Let me give my real feeling after TD.
Old 25th July 2010, 08:52   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerendra.kiran View Post
Anyone in Bangalore booked a Micra? Would like to know if anyone managed to get any freebies. I'm planning to book a Micra XV, and I was told no freebies are on offer. Even mudflaps, carpet mats need to be purchased separately! The OTR for XV is Rs. 6,44,861. Following are the accessories I would like to get, and the prices quoted by the dealer:
Splash/Mud guard - 794
Carpet Mats Griege - 1709
Exhaust finisher - 945
Art leather seat covers (Black & Red) - 6400
Kick plates, set of 4, front two with LED logo - 6583
You are being charged more for mud guards,exhaust finisher,mats etc. GO to Nissanmicra.co.in , click on the prices link and then you will find a car configurator page where you have the list of all accessories along with prices. Once you configure the car, take a printout and show the dealer - the prices quoted by the dealer should be more or less similar.
FYI - the hyderabad dealer seems to be charging the same amount as indicated in the website (except seat covers) and those prices are less than what mentioned by you!
Good luck and nice to hear that I will not be the only person in this forum with the Micra ..keep in touch and keep us posted.
Also, let me know the details of all charges. Did you get any details about the extended warranty and roadside assistance? When are you planning to book the car? And yes, NO FREEBIES for me too!

Last edited by adimicra : 25th July 2010 at 08:54.
Old 25th July 2010, 18:02   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
All,

Good to know that the confusion related to boot space is sorted out. 251 lts boot capacity seems to be quite respectable compared to Ritz & Swift.
Old 25th July 2010, 18:30   #385
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Nissan show room today, which is on Queen's road in Bangalore. Took a TD of the car. My observations are as follows:

Positives:
  • Keyless operations
  • Driver air bags in all variants
  • Good ride (could not guage the handing, since I drove the car for only 3 Kms).
  • Fairly good interior fit and finish (next to Polo, Fabia & i20)
  • Electrically Retractable EORVM
  • Good feel of the gear shift (slightly long through) and soft clutch with short range.
  • Fairly good breaks
  • Refined engine with good NVH
  • Avg engine power - enough for normal commuters
  • Climate control
  • Good feel of the door closure
  • Good leg room - both front and rear.
  • Boot space is adequate
Negatives:
  • Rear split seat
  • Rear seat head rest
  • Rear seat comfort is below average - No thigh support at all. Depth of the seat is reduced to provide for more leg room.
  • No storage space in the rear doors. Front door storage space is also limited. Mainly for the bottle holders.
  • Alloy wheels are not part of the highest end also.
Over all - Quality looks good - a good car - Adi will have a lot of company in this Forum!
Old 25th July 2010, 19:15   #386
BHPian

Chetan, how would you compare the micra's engine to that of Kappa, KB Series 1.2L & Polo's 3 pot.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:02   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Chetan, how would you compare the micra's engine to that of Kappa, KB Series 1.2L & Polo's 3 pot.
This is only my opinion - no offense please.
  1. Swift 1.2L Petrol Engine
  2. Polo 1.2L Petrol Engine, Kappa
  3. Micra & Beat
This is only in comparison. No.3 position does not mean that it is inadequate. no.1 position does not mean that it is miles ahead of the other two. Common commuter's purpose can be served, by any of these engines. Driving comfort related to engine drivibility is very good with Swift 1.2L Engine.

I look at the car as a whole. For me - Safety, Ride & Handling, Breaking ability & Body roll, Seating comfort, Boot space, AC effect, Built quality, Fit & finish, Ground clearance - are all important & not just the engine. Extra features comes at the last.

IMHO, none of the present day cars, has got a totally inadequate engine.

In Micra, Rear seat comfort can be a deal breaker. That is the only weakness. Every thing else is good. Looks are subjective - I am not a fan of funky looks.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 25th July 2010 at 21:07.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:26   #388
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the Micra petrol, though a good engine would not be affecting the market shares much.

But I guess the Micra deisel would sell a lot. Given the fact that it would be running with a proven engine.
Old 25th July 2010, 22:25   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
I dont think the Micra petrol, though a good engine would not be affecting the market shares much.

But I guess the Micra deisel would sell a lot. Given the fact that it would be running with a proven engine.
Diesel Micra will be a good option. But, the rear seat is very average. Nissan has to do something about it. My friend's family dropped Micra because of the rear seat. We will be looking at Figo now.
Old 26th July 2010, 00:13   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting to hear your views of the Micra. You have set out to be objective, and succeeded, but I'm guessing you still prefer the Polo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks