Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:10   #346
Senior - BHPian

Inconvenience to you, but good for battery!
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:30   #347
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Here's something that i just tried on the Micra XV. With the key fob in my colleague's pocket, who was standing outside the car(but within range), I was able to start the car and drive away, without the key. The "key" light was blinking on the dashboard but that's it.
Is this not a security related issue.
I have seen in Q7, the key fob has to be placed in a console pocket and need to press start/stop button.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:23   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's something that i just tried on the Micra XV. With the key fob in my colleague's pocket, who was standing outside the car(but within range), I was able to start the car and drive away, without the key. The "key" light was blinking on the dashboard but that's it.

Also, I was not able to operate the power windows or the stereo without starting the car. So if I were to switch off the engine at a Red Light, my stereo would die out too. What gives? Convenience or Inconvenience?
This is totally in contradiction to what GTO has posted. I will be concerned if this is true! GTO ?? May be I will try it once again in the dealership.
Old 22nd July 2010, 13:25   #349
Senior - BHPian

Didn't somebody mention that fob has to be inside the car to be able start it? Though I wonder how it would really sense the 3 dimensional boundary of the car??

Last edited by santosh.s : 22nd July 2010 at 13:27.
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:38   #350
Senior - BHPian

Was referring to this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1937736

On a second thought, it may be working by simply finding out whether the key is within a particular short range from a spot in dash/cabin rather than having to know exact 'cage' (pure guess)
Old 22nd July 2010, 14:43   #351
BHPian

Quote:

Also, I was not able to operate the power windows or the stereo without starting the car. So if I were to switch off the engine at a Red Light, my stereo would die out too. What gives? Convenience or Inconvenience?
Update.
To switch the car in Accessory mode, one has to simply press the start/stop button without pressing the clutch. Then one can operate the stereo, and power windows etc. So, one mystery solved.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:00   #352
Senior - BHPian

Roadside assistance

Guyz,
Nissan is saying they are giving 24/7 roadside assistance along with the insurance as a package and they are charging 15800/- for that.
Without the roadside assurance, the insurance amount is 13500/-.
So, they are charging 2200/- odd for roadside assistance. Is this reasonable? How much other manufacturers' charge for roadside assistance?

Quote:
If this is true, I think its best to lock the car whenever you get out and keep the key in your pocket. The dealership does not have a XV model now for test drive. I will check it out ASAP. If anyone else can check it out, please confirm. I never bothered about it after reading GTO's review and FAQ's

Last edited by adimicra : 22nd July 2010 at 15:19.
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:12   #353
BHPian

The reason they are charging for roadside assistance is due to their partnership with various companies. Others like maruti, hyundai, ford, etc would charge less due to their presence across india. Not sure thou .. but this is what i think
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:42   #354
BHPian

Quote:

Impossible. Have tried it many time and i'm sure GTO will agree with me. Car will start ONLY if key fob is INSIDE the car. besides, GTo posted that it has a range of 0.9m. i dont think the button is 0.9 m from the door. it must be more. Maybe thats why its placed on the left of the steering.

You just have to press the button twice without pressing the clutch fro ACC mode
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:43   #355
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
The Micra, bar the Figo, is big in the segment with a large WB, good length and size (as later mentioned in the review) but the weight is so much lesser than the other cars in the segment. The i10 is lighter than Micre but it is smaller too. Other similar sized cars are ~80-90 kg more than the Micra. Could it be due to the 3 pot motor weighing substantially less than the 4 pot ones? With this, almost expected a comment on flimsy build but there was 'premium sounding thud on door closing' in the review. Perhaps stats of the A Star needs to be checked.
Heavier doesn't mean better or more solid. Cars are getting lighter by the day. I just read on the Cayenne thread that the latest gen tips the scales at 180 kg less than its predecessor. The Micra doesn't feel flimsy at all. And, as mentioned in my review, the doors have that nice closing sound too

Refer to my review for some insight on how they've cut the flab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird77 View Post
BTW, once my Figo ZXI Diesel overtook a X-Trail easily at around 120 km/h in Chennai - Bangalore highway. That guy was really pissed off and he could overtake me only when I decide to give it up.
Lets please keep things mature on this forum. Boasting about your Figo overtaking an X-Trail is pointless. Its quite evident that the X-Trail was either not interested in "racing", or it was a really bad driver. All things being equal, let me assure you that the X-Trail will blow the Figo into oblivion. It's got way more power / higher power to weight ratio. The handling is also very car-like. Do refer to our comprehensive test on the X-Trail (elsewhere in the forum).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
As in? lacks low end torque? Someone posted numbers that suggested that the Micra is the fastest of the 1.2s.
It may be the quickest, MPower, but the low end throttle response is dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
And the Santro has served me really well over the years and the pull in the 3rd gear from low rpms is something which is unmatched by any of the 'premium' hatchbacks. I would say that its got the best driveability in the city among all the hatches (petrol at least).
True. The Santro's engine is really torquey and, in fact, better than the i10 1.2 within the city.

Quote:
I did try and can confirm that the car did NOT start with the key outside. As someone posted, it could have to do more with the range than the "cage".
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:58   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Impossible. Have tried it many time and i'm sure GTO will agree with me. Car will start ONLY if key fob is INSIDE the car. besides, GTo posted that it has a range of 0.9m. i dont think the button is 0.9 m from the door. it must be more. Maybe thats why its placed on the left of the steering.

You just have to press the button twice without pressing the clutch fro ACC mode
Good to know that you are also interested in this car. Have you booked one? If yes, which model? When is the delivery expected? Can you tell me a breakup of all charges and also the price list of the accessories which the Chennai dealer is charging? Just want to make sure I am not being taken for a ride by the dealer here.
Also, were you able to confirm the boot space? 226 or 251? Not that it matters too much as the boot is quite spacious by segment standards (found it bigger than Ritz.Swift and I10 in terms of depth and width which claim similar boot sizes) but just for the record.

Last edited by adimicra : 22nd July 2010 at 17:05.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:28   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryashiv1 View Post
I just checked the Mirca site and believe me its different just like the car. Very unique and funky. I was able to access the site very fast and infact in 6 minutes I was through it. Its not like any other normal car site. They have tried something different just like the actual product. Some may like some may not. Individual perception of looking at things.
Ok guys, I finally figured out how to make it work.

The trick is you have to stare at Ranbir long enough AND try to figure out what he is saying. Does this guy even know English or does he always talk pidgin? I spent some time trying to figure out what he was trying to say and then correct the sentences to how I might say it. Before I could complete that exercise, VOILA, I was in!

Thankfully that was the end of Ranbir too.

As aryashiv1 said, the website is different. Once you get a hang of it, it can actually be fun.

I guess in some way it also embodies the car: Love it or loathe it, but you just can't ignore the Micra! (unless you have a slow internet connection)

I just might check out the car this weekend if there is a dealer nearby.
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:33   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Guyz,
Nissan is saying they are giving 24/7 roadside assistance along with the insurance as a package and they are charging 15800/- for that.
Without the roadside assurance, the insurance amount is 13500/-.
So, they are charging 2200/- odd for roadside assistance. Is this reasonable? How much other manufacturers' charge for roadside assistance?FAQ's

I cant say about other manufacturers but FIAT does not charge anything for road side assistance. Like mentioned by others this could be due to Nissans thin current dealer network. The dealer network is said to improve reasonably in the next 3 years.
Old 22nd July 2010, 19:29   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by good.car-ma View Post
Well, I tried it too and just posted what happened. The key fob has to be within range and not necessarily inside the car for this to happen.
Old 22nd July 2010, 22:31   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Good to know that you are also interested in this car. Have you booked one?

Also, were you able to confirm the boot space? 226 or 251? Not that it matters too much as the boot is quite spacious by segment standards (found it bigger than Ritz.Swift and I10 in terms of depth and width which claim similar boot sizes) but just for the record.
I'm interested in all cars mate. Just that this thread seems to be the most polarised of the lot so i like posting on it. I confirmed that the boot space is indeed 251 (as i have posted earlier) and if you visit a dealership in due time, new brochures will carry that. If i get my hands on one i;l scan it and put it up here.

Quote:
Well, I tried it too and just posted what happened. The key fob has to be within range and not necessarily inside the car for this to happen.
Are you sure youweren't TRYING to see if it starts? like keeping the window open and getting your friend to hang on the door with his pocket floating into the car.
Because i have done quite a bit of experimenting (to the annoyance of other customers waiting to see the key) and i never was able to start it withou actually getting into ro close to my driving position. Im 100% sure it wouldnt have started unless the spare key had been stored in the glovebox or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What idiot designed that? What idiot in Nissan commissioned, accepted and paid for this excrement? Do Nissan employ seven-year olds?

That it is horrible, ugly, entirely misconceived, user unfriendly and a complete turn off could, with a big imagination, be argued against.

That it is entirely unsuitable for a country with a minute broadband penetration cannot be argued. Come on, Nissan: do your homework
Take it easy Thad. I fully endorse that it takes too long and Ranbir irritates the hell out of me but hey, i think your a bit harsh on the actual site.
Maybe the floating display isnt to your liking but its pretty informative, easy to use and has some really cool stuff like the "Build your Nissan". No manufacturer in India (except VW for Polo) has that and i think thats something which is necessary.
Dont love the loading time or screen, but i do like the site. As someone said, its different and thats alwasys nice.

Wish both Micra and Polo incorporate a feature where we can choose the car's colour and then do a 360 a-la Fiat 500's European sites.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks