Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 14:52   #271
Senior - BHPian

Nissan's sales will be determined by how fast it expands its dealership network.Except sales to be around 800-1000 a month initially.
Old 16th July 2010, 15:12   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I hope that Nissan will be able to sell decent numbers of Micra, worldwide Nissan pips Suzuki in sales. In US markets Nissan commands respectable market share, if they can do it there then surely they can take up the Maruti Gorilla. Nissan products are considered to be far superior in quality compared to Suzuki’s.

Micra’s looks seems to be growing on me, I was eyeing the Figo for some time , however now Micra seems to be a better alternative at least in city condition where I will be spending 95% of my time. Now Figo feels a bit dated when compared to retro Micra.

I am a bit apprehensive about the low ground clearance as GTO pointed in his review, lack of split seats is a -ve , other than that I think this product is worth it.

A low turning radius, funky instrument cluster with all gadgetry and a decent fuel economy seems to make it an ideal city car.

Finally is there a USB port along with the music system ?
no usb port, only aux in. but not a major issue i think as you get adpaters/coverts easily in the market! Going for test drive..will update later!
Old 16th July 2010, 16:23   #273
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
no usb port, only aux in. but not a major issue i think as you get adpaters/coverts easily in the market! Going for test drive..will update later!
Remembering mkerala now - usb converter would be priced 1250 as an accessorie - another daylight robbery like Figo.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:00   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any info on the service interval, free services and extended warranty? Anyone seen the production model of the top end XV? If yes, please post the pics - I am interested about the internal door handles, steering chrome Nissan logo and dead pedal. I have only seen the XE and XL which does not have any of these.
GTO, I know the spec sheet says 226 litres, but the boot seemed quite spacious (compared to segment). Now, the press release says 251 litres, won't be surprised if it is true..lets see the official brochure after the launch. Here is an excerpt from the press release -
" The Nissan Micra is also equipped with a class competitive boot space of 251 litres that can easily carry those extra bags of shopping during travel."
Looks like there is a typo in the press release , the official brochure shows 226 lts. Can any one clarify this confusion!
Old 16th July 2010, 17:33   #275
Senior - BHPian

@adimicra- nice comparison, thank you! I am one of the beneficiaries as I am looking for a hatch for my wife. How about adding following into the sheet-

Central locking, security system, shock sensor, rear wiper/washer/defogger.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:07   #276
Senior - BHPian

Why some people think its costly? I have seen the car personally & it is good in fit & finish. Not taken the test drive but it must be good handler as well for city & little high way. For me prices are ok. Just that they need to set up good dealer network & service.

Costing is not at all a bomb like Jazz, Fabia or Polo. I guess those are quite costly than Micra.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:23   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
@adimicra- nice comparison, thank you! I am one of the beneficiaries as I am looking for a hatch for my wife. How about adding following into the sheet-

Central locking, security system, shock sensor, rear wiper/washer/defogger.
Did not put those because expect most of the top end cars to have rear wash/wife/defogger and central locking. What do you mean by security system and shock sensor?

All, back from the test drive, came back pretty impressed. Will post my thoughts later!
Old 16th July 2010, 18:25   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Why some people think its costly? I have seen the car personally & it is good in fit & finish. Not taken the test drive but it must be good handler as well for city & little high way. For me prices are ok. Just that they need to set up good dealer network & service.

Costing is not at all a bomb like Jazz, Fabia or Polo. I guess those are quite costly than Micra.
I agree with you, price is at par with Swift and the build quality as well as the interior plastic quality is excellent, definitely among the best in class if not the best. Particularly, the top end XV model with all gizmos is a great VFM according to me with all the cool gizmos
Old 16th July 2010, 18:40   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do you mean by security system and shock sensor?
The thing that provides vehicle safety through audio (siren) visual (blinking indicators and parking lights) alert in case somebody tries to intrude/break open locked doors. Better ones also provide shock sensors that detect mechanical vibrations and based on that give similar alert for extra protection.

Well known aftermarket brands selling such systems are autocop, xenos, nippon etc.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:52   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
While I too wouldn't buy the Micra because of its looks, it is still very competitively priced. We needed a Japanese car other than the Suzukis to fight it out in the small car segment, and Nissan are a great engineering house. I can assure you that the car will have bullet proof reliability from day 1. Also, we are slowly waking up to safety features in a car, and I think that driver's airbag might just tilt the scales in the Micra's favour for the urban buyer.
Anyway, with their dealer network (like VW) they are initially focusing on the larger cities.
By the way, read my post as one that agrees with most of your points (3-pot etc.) but still says that it's a fair fight .
Pricing is ok considering the Driver Airbag. But this is a highly competitive market. And most of all recent day cars are reliable. So micra might not just be good enough based on just these grounds.

Quote:
Looks are subjective my friend! So no point in arguing. But not everyone agrees with you - otherwise you own't have almost 2000 pre-launch bookings!
3 pot so what - performance is adequate and at worst on par with the competition, if not better (look athe numbers posted earlier). Ride is good, build quality is good, interior quality and fit,finish are good, space is much better than most and cool gizmos! Overall its a good package and that's why I booked it! AS per ACI,overdrive and Zigwheels the car is a good handler as well and most of them have said that it will be near the top of the segment in the 'ride and handling' parameters.
Swift has good handling but poor ride quality - we are not driving the car in the track so we need a good balance between ride and handling which the Swift does not have. Swift has poor build quality and rattles after a few years. Swift is no match for the micra when it comes to interior space or quality of interiors. As GTO said, Swift has a better and refined engine which is its only advantage. But Micra will also have good performance thanks to its light-weight.. I will wait for numbers from ACI before concluding on Micra's performance.
I think the car will be more than a match for the Swift at least in the mtero cities, lets see..only time will tell.
1st of all congrats for your new car. Agree looks are subjective....
If you needed space you could have gone for Figo or Ritz. Both have good Built quality. Figo is cheaper and has wonderful handling. Ritz is a Maruti. So why exactly Micra? Just curious. Even more space and ride quality??? VISTA!!
Overdrive and zigwheels hardy comment on any short commings (Point me if I am wrong). Give me one review that says any car is horrible. They even said Beat's handling is good enough. I found it is of no match to OLD ZEN. So dont trust those. Trust GTO's Review. Really the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Just curious, have you guys actually looked at the car, I mean in person?
Ya. Sat inside as well. But didnt drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Horrible, worst then Amby? Are you serious? Are we not being too harsh here without actually seeing it ?(I assume, as most have not seen it)
Most reviews I saw or read have said it looks good to very good. Not a single one says it looks ugly or below average. Feel free to point out if you know one.
People will decide in a few days, lets wait and watch and not jump the gun by bashing a decent product. I am willing to stick my neck out and say, it will do very well, irrespective of the number of dealers.
Maybe I was a bit harsh by comparing it with Amby. But trust me. All the people I asked hated the looks. Most of them disliked the interiors as well. To me thats not so bad. And as you said lets wait and watch. Only time will tell.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:11   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Pricing is ok considering the Driver Airbag. But this is a highly competitive market. And most of all recent day cars are reliable. So micra might not just be good enough based on just these grounds.

1st of all congrats for your new car. Agree looks are subjective....
If you needed space you could have gone for Figo or Ritz. Both have good Built quality. Figo is cheaper and has wonderful handling. Ritz is a Maruti. So why exactly Micra? Just curious. Even more space and ride quality??? VISTA!!
Overdrive and zigwheels hardy comment on any short commings (Point me if I am wrong). Give me one review that says any car is horrible. They even said Beat's handling is good enough. I found it is of no match to OLD ZEN. So dont trust those. Trust GTO's Review. Really the best.
Thanks for your greetings.
But if you think Ritz has more space than Micra, then God help you. No comments! I have already put out the reasons of purchasing Micra but I don't see any point in doing it again in response to your comments (which were pretty harsh to say the least) because it will be futile. Sorry!
Plz don't tell me what to trust and what not! I really don't need any advice on that. I trust autocar and there are many instances where they have criticized the car's handling and/or other parameters. Overdrive and zigwheels are not high on my trust list but I just read their reviews anyways. And I remember zigwheels criticising the handling of the I20 petrol in particular.
Anyways, you don't like the car. Fine! I like the car and I am happy with my choice.

Last edited by adimicra : 16th July 2010 at 20:26.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:18   #282
Senior - BHPian

Accessories price list

Here is the list of accessories I got from the dealer and the prices.

I am thinking to go for the following accessories -
Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-accessories1.jpg

The list of other available accessories are as below. As I said, the alloy wheels are too costly, irrespective of whatever be the quality. I really do not understand what they mean by 'blinker lights'.

Nissan Micra : Test Drive & Review-acc2.jpg

Can someone tell me how are the accessories prices? are the prices reasonable, at least for the ones I have selected?
Also, I see a huge price difference between art-leather seat covers and fabric seat covers. Any advice on which one to go for?
Old 16th July 2010, 20:20   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
The thing that provides vehicle safety through audio (siren) visual (blinking indicators and parking lights) alert in case somebody tries to intrude/break open locked doors. Better ones also provide shock sensors that detect mechanical vibrations and based on that give similar alert for extra protection.

Well known aftermarket brands selling such systems are autocop, xenos, nippon etc.
Micra top end model is equipped with a security alaram but I really do not know the details. I am expecting it will have visual as well as sound alerts.

No idea about the shock sensor though
Old 16th July 2010, 20:24   #284
Senior - BHPian

Bijoy from BSM makes a good point below
Quote:
In a move that must have been triggered by number crunchers as well as clinics, a driver-side airbag is standard across the board, while ABS is available only for the top-end XV model. ABS prevents accidents and is critical for Indian road conditions, where we are always braking and avoiding (people, cattle, stationary vehicles...) and it should have been standard equipment instead of the airbag. For heavens
Mpower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2010, 20:34   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Well you definitely have a point there. IMO here are some of the reasons why people think (including me) Micra is costly.
1. It is priced higher then the recent launches i.e Beat/Figo.
2. By looks and shape, one would think its a i10 competitor which starts at 3.5lakh hence we expected it to start at 3.75lakh for base with 1 airbag. I still feel i10 has better quality interiors then rest all in its segment.

As I said earlier in some other thread, people hating Maruti to core (for whatever reasons) but still want to put their money on a Japanese petrol engine car, Nissan Micra is the only option!

Last edited by HammerHead : 16th July 2010 at 20:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks