Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2010, 11:28   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
You know Amartya - Punto 1.4 was the first car I test drove. Actually I thought that this is the car for me with 90 hp on tap and gorgeous looks and awesome features. And I had a test drive near my residence with my family but it was a disappointment! The moment I sat in the car, it did not feel 'premium', the glove box in the TD car was broken and the boot opening lever was feeling as if it would come out. The fit and finish is bad, period. The space at the rear is not great at all! Also, the car is not very quick off the block - I wonder where the 90 hp has gone. There was lot of cabin noise particularly at 3-digit speeds and it has a huge turning radius (bigger than most sedans) which does not make it a good city car, which is where I will be spending 90% of the time. My wife and myself were pretty sure that the Punto is not the car for us.
One thing about the Punto which I really liked is the ride quality - amazing and simply the best!
Fair enough, actually I was referring to the Punto 1.3 VGT (diesel 90 HP). Anyway, if you folks are absolutely decided against it, then it'll be better to look at the Jazz. On the other hand, if things are still open for suggestions, and the Fiat dealer sends the car at home, try out the 90HP model. There is a chance that the earlier test drive car was a 2009 model, where the plastics were nothing to write home about.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:08   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Thanks Chetan, well written!
ILooks like it is going to be the Jazz. I actually fell in love with the gar during test drive few weeks back and it was always the first choice but rejected it due to the price. Now with 75K discount and 25+K accessories free, it has become a lot more affordable though bit of stretch for me.
Another thing about the price difference is - With Jazz, I do not need to purchase any accessories but with Polo I have to spend a few grands on accessories and 10-15K on upgrading the music system and speakers, whereas on the Jazz the OE music system is so damn good ..just unbelievable.
Add to that, 4 years warranty and 4 years roadside assistance free, there is not much difference in the price.
You are getting a discount of 1 Lac on the Jazz... Is this some limited period offer? If you do get that kind of discount, it is indeed worth the money spent. The fit finish, space management and peace of mind is unmatched.

Punto is a big disappointment I agree with you. Though I am a Fiat fan with a 5 year old Palio, the Punto cannot match the Palio in terms of build quality,fit finish and quality of components used.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:06   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
You are getting a discount of 1 Lac on the Jazz... Is this some limited period offer? If you do get that kind of discount, it is indeed worth the money spent. The fit finish, space management and peace of mind is unmatched.

Punto is a big disappointment I agree with you. Though I am a Fiat fan with a 5 year old Palio, the Punto cannot match the Palio in terms of build quality,fit finish and quality of components used.
That's where fiat always goof-up. Everything is good about the car, well build chassis, suspension, space but the sheer lack of quality that drives away people these days. Whether it's a hatchback or premium sedan or pure luxury.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:07   #439
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Adimicra- It is a disappointment, but you/your family are the best judge. Since you are going to use almost all factors should be considered. Infact I was very much with buying a Indica DLS (during dec 09 the price was just 3.7l), which suits my need even now. The reason I dropped is when my family travelled and found not comfortable.
Jazz is excellent - provided you get a massive discount.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:34   #440
Team-BHP Support

Here's our 4-minute video overview of the Micra :

Old 29th July 2010, 14:06   #441
Team-BHP Support

The feature list looks impressive. I'm sure this will earn itself a spot in the market from people looking at a stylish second city car.

I don't think this is a car for the masses what Ford tried with the Figo. This is more like the Polo, a premium small car.

A second car in the family for the wife or the daughter as a city runabout.
Old 29th July 2010, 14:07   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the video. I am still really charmed by the shape and looks of this Micra, although I much prefer VW interiors and, as I've said before, one spends much more time looking at the inside of one's car than at the outside.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:03   #443
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Yes. Still not seen Micra physically nearby, but VW quality is no doubt top class - exterior or interior.
Old 30th July 2010, 21:08   #444
BHPian

nice video, loved the driving around bit in fast forward!

Loved the soundtrack too, which one?
Old 31st July 2010, 19:51   #445
Team-BHP Support

Thanks gomzi.

Volta Cab - Clarissa (mentioned in the video info, though not visible on the forum)

cya
R
Old 31st July 2010, 22:01   #446
RGK
Senior - BHPian

At last had a chance to see and feel Micra at the only showroom here.
- There was queue for TD. TD was given batch by batch. Since I went alone, I joined 2 software guys. One guy was driving more than 60km daily in his santro. So I told him to do the TD and sat at the rear.
- No doubt the interiors are very much better than Figo/Swift/Tata (As GTO report no way near Polo/Fabia). But I travelled in the 2nd top end model (Dealer says - middle model and do not consider XE+ at all). When I pushed the door trims it seemed bit filmsy and went inside.
- Getting in and out is very comfortable . I am tall and easily got in & out.
- As GTO mentioned very poor thigh suppport at both seats. Not at all comfortable for passengers sitting at the rear for long drives.
- Engine noise is audible inside.
- I differ from GTO on this. Easily felt the bumps. Even small road patches are felt and also the road noise. The car did not have floor mats. The TD guy was an admirer of Nissan and even he felt the ride is not as expected.
-The full platform mat was good and does not accumulate dust like poor quality mat in Figo.
-The audio performance was average.
-As said by Adi uneven panel gaps are very much there in delivery cars also.
-After TD, saw the top end. I felt the interior was far better than the low end models. But unfortunately did not have petrol so could not test the key fob features like starting the engine.

No doubt Polo tops on quality. The persons who came there reaffirmed about the lethargic attitude of VW dealers and delay in deliveries.
Old 31st July 2010, 22:55   #447
Senior - BHPian

I kinda liked the looks of the car. It looks rather unique on our roads with its retro styling and those Large 911 inspired headlamps .
Will definitely look forward to this car when the Diesel comes in.

Last edited by vinaydas : 31st July 2010 at 22:59.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:03   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
That looks like the right price for Jass! Can you share it in detail?

Also one last suggestion! - Go to Nissan showroom yourself, spend 10 mins with the display car & Cancel your booking. Wait until you get your money back (Generally takes 2-4 days) and then book a Jass. If you can do this, you can be sure that you have done the right thing!

I still feel that you should go ahead with the Micra!
Yes, Chetan - did exactly what you said, though I did not read your post before going to the showroom
Done the cancellation with a somewhat heavy heart - The Micra sure looks cute!

Finalized on the Jazz - Will keep you all updated about the Jazz booking and the details of the offer. Does it make any sense to wait for a BS4 vehicle, if the year and month of manufacturing is the same or there is a 1 month difference in the manufacturing date? I could get the vehicle in the next week itself.
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:40   #449
BHPian

Saw a Micra in that Greenish colour with a Temp registration on the EEH today while ferrying Mom around. Infact Mom spotted it as soon as I did and commented what is that different looking car?

It looked ok. I had liked the front in all the pics but on the highway it looked very ordinary to me. The rest of the car looked plain, nothing stood out too much.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:52   #450
BHPian

Just saw a white micra basic model near my office on CSR Road Kalina. The car apparently had met with an accident and rear was damaged very badly. Poor fellow must be taking the car to the service station as its somewhere on LBS road. Car looks quite big.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks