Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 07:19   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Yes, I did have my vehicle delivered today. Will start my detailed ownership thread shortly (perhaps after the long weekend here in Bangalore - Monday/Tuesday).
The owners manual consistently talks about 4 variants - Pure/Pleasure/Prestige/Pride. Pure is only 4x2 and all other are available/planned in both 4x4 and 4x2 variant
Congratulations buddy! You are the first ARIA owner in team-bhp

Yes, enjoy ARIA before starting the thread so that you can share your experience better.
Old 29th October 2010, 09:11   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Yes, I did have my vehicle delivered today. Will start my detailed ownership thread shortly (perhaps after the long weekend here in Bangalore - Monday/Tuesday).
Hearty Congratulations LobsterB! Enjoy the beauty! Looking forward to your review.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:18   #468
BHPian

Congratulations LobsterB. Hope you have a rocking time with your new Aria. Eagerly look forward to reading your report on your experience of buying, delivery and initial ownership report.
Old 29th October 2010, 10:21   #469
Senior - BHPian

Hey LobsterB

Heartiest Congratulations!

Glad to hear you got your Aria. Everyone is eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Please do post some pics too, especially the interiors.

Hope you have a great time with this "Sedan like finesse gets SUV like muscles" beauty.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:39   #470
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Lobster congrats.

Went for a back to back test drive of Fortuner followed by Aria with wife.

Have driven them both earlier, but this was to be with the better half and for a longer period.

Fortuner - Milleneum Toyota Thane
yes the showroom cum service centre appearance was splendid, there was even a section with childrens play toy.

The Test drive was for about 30-40 mins followed by a 10 min inspection of the vechicle interiors.

+ves
Built to last
Good Shift quality
Smooth power deliver with evident reserves.
Good AC
Decent Sound
A 15K kms old vechile with no rattles
Dead Pedal - required with this seating position
Minimal engine noise.
Brakes OK in the tested version
See the bonet from the drivers position- which I like

-ves
Short seating position even at max height for a 6 footer.
All seats though seated higher than in an endy, were still short compared to the Safari sofa Seats, not to comfy
Gear Shifter rattles on start up and even later.
No Features at all.
Boring drive after a short while -gets about the tast smoothly but there is no excitement.
Excitement levels were even lower in the second row.
Luggage space behind third row was quite less.
No cup holders for the mid row?

Aria
Galaxy Motors - Mulund
1 hr test drive on estern express highway and in mulund traffic as well, climbing up and down flyovers as well.
The showroom was as grand as that of Toyota with even more display space, but yes a bit cluterred but quite commendable for size considering that the service centre is elsewhere and that this is a new small dealer showroom.
spent about 20 mins seeing the car and then went for a long drive.
Kid enjoyed himself inboth TATA and Toyota showroom.

Wife had been interested in the fortuner seeing that I used to kind of turn my head at times on seeing a fortuner pass by as also due to the fact that I had mentioned regretting not booking it both times the bookings opened, (second time was waiting for the Aria to be released before deciding)

Had told wife that I would like to go for the one that we like more irrespective of the price differential of 5L.

+ves for Aria
Feature rich
Evolving ride compared to the Fortuner
Wife felt that the Laura engine and accleration was similar to that of the Aria and the Fortuner though more powerful seemed less exciting.
Brakes very good,
Height similar to the Safari and Fortuner
Engine reves very well.
The Space for luggage behind 3rd row seats is really usable.
They way the tool kit is layed out is impressive
Auto bonnet release
The stance from the front 3 quarters
The crome all around if nice and not overdone.
AC - Cools fine
Lights superb
Entry will be a boon for elders compared to all other SUV's
Seat and dash materials impressive.
Feels great to be a Indian seeing the Aria
Black and Plum upholstery
Merc R Class and CRV like rear window downwards swoop
The blackening of the pillars between windows leading to a clean black area look.
Engine sound inside was low, the car was absolutely rattle free, and went over bumps with even lesser feal on the inside.
The Wheel and alloys felt just right.
Reverse Camera, SatNav, the music System, and the screen for these is well integrated.
The steering stalks are well designed.
Buterfly wipers felt nice to have.
Matt Steel Metal feel garnish on doors and dash feels real good.
Lots of feel good parts, like the multiple second row airvents.
Cup holders for every one.

-ve
Can't see the bonnet - which is actually quite fine, but just a general preference.
Power delivery from odd gears a bit sluggish from the wrong speeds compared to the fortuner but if you are used to turbo diesels it is quite fine, and if you are used to keeping the eingine on the boil then this is fun.
Some plastics felt better in the fortuner compared to the Aria on knocking them, especially in not too visible areas.
One does tend to press the stearing mounted controls by error - I guess as one gets used to them this would stop, but this did not happen in the Fortuner.

Verdict clearly in favour of the Aria irrespective of price, wife just found the fortuner too boring on the inside and on the outside from close the Aria actually felt better due to the richness of the the crome garnish (which is just right and not overdone) and the paint work. Fortuner fell stronger built overall but also felt truck like, the specific 4WD modes would almost never be used in the life time of most users.

Colours - Undecided between Pearl White and Night Shade Black.
Now to book on the weekend.
Old 29th October 2010, 12:59   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
ACM, Congrats & an excellent summary which will be helpful to many. More so because it comes after back to back test drives.

Have fun with your Aria when it arrives & do keep us posted - I, for one will be keenly following your thread.

Last edited by suman : 29th October 2010 at 13:00.
Old 29th October 2010, 13:20   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Lobster congrats.

Verdict clearly in favour of the Aria irrespective of price, wife just found the fortuner too boring on the inside and on the outside from close the Aria actually felt better due to the richness of the the crome garnish (which is just right and not overdone) and the paint work. Fortuner fell stronger built overall but also felt truck like, the specific 4WD modes would almost never be used in the life time of most users.
Nice summary of both the vehicles!! Many (including me) might feel that the Aria is slightly overpriced by about a lakh or so, being a Tata. But, I kinda like how everyone is now speaking of Aria and Fortuner in the same breath ... Aria is definitely a force to reckon with and the marketing folks at Tata have a tough road ahead to clear the dust of the past. They can also have a specialized service team in every city to look after the Aria. Their Service HAS to change!!
Old 29th October 2010, 13:23   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lobster congrats.

Congrats Lobster and ACM!!! Hoping to see ownership threads from both of you soon!

And it begins...
Old 29th October 2010, 13:34   #474
BHPian

Congratulations ACM.. Even I found the aria to be very fun to drive and be inside.. Haven't driven the fortuner yet. But the moment I got into the car for a drive I was only saying one thing to myself "good choice dad".
And after checking out Aria in white color I am having second thoughts about the silver one that we have booked. And Tata guys are not giving a very convincing reply when I ask them about all black leather interiors. Saying that Tata motors is at the moment not interested in offering all black leather interiors. What do you think?? Plum is better than all Black???

And do let me know if you get a specific delivery date for your Aria.. As the Tata motor's guy that I spoke to said that Aria is a made to order product. So can take 8 to 9 weeks.. And it wont be promoted for stocking in dealer's dockyards or company inventory..
Old 29th October 2010, 13:34   #475
Senior - BHPian

@ACM - thats a good summary and all the best for your ARIA experience. ARIA in white looks awesome!
Old 29th October 2010, 14:00   #476
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you like pearl white go for it , it is better for AC than black colour and easier to maintain
Old 29th October 2010, 14:03   #477
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Congratulations ACM.. Even I found the aria to be very fun to drive and be inside.. Haven't driven the fortuner yet. But the moment I got into the car for a drive I was only saying one thing to myself "good choice dad".
And after checking out Aria in white color I am having second thoughts about the silver one that we have booked. And Tata guys are not giving a very convincing reply when I ask them about all black leather interiors. Saying that Tata motors is at the moment not interested in offering all black leather interiors. What do you think?? Plum is better than all Black???

And do let me know if you get a specific delivery date for your Aria.. As the Tata motor's guy that I spoke to said that Aria is a made to order product. So can take 8 to 9 weeks.. And it wont be promoted for stocking in dealer's dockyards or company inventory..
White looks awesome, yet have to check out the Night shade Black on the full vechicle.

At best 2 weeks and at max 6 week and on an average 4 weeks is what time frames exist.

Will let you know the time frame commited to me after I book this weekend.

Time Frames would depend on the colour. All back interiors may take more time.

All back interiors will look classy in the long term, but then Plum is also unique and in the short term will exite more.

I'll go for Black and Plum as that is quite attractive to my wife and I do have a small kid who too will obviously like a coloured scheme more than all back.
Old 29th October 2010, 14:11   #478
BHPian

Quote:
White looks awesome, yet have to check out the Night shade Black on the full vechicle.
Congrats ACM! There was a Night Shade Black Aria on display when I went to check it out. It looks really classy. The paint job is awesome. IIRC, there is also an option of Beige-Black interiors? Nobody's opting that?
Old 29th October 2010, 14:31   #479
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
There was a Night Shade Black Aria on display when I went to check it out. It looks really classy. The paint job is awesome. IIRC, there is also an option of Beige-Black interiors? Nobody's opting that?
Beige options is for the base models Plus and Pleasure and for Prestige fabric, leather options for Prestige and the top pride models are restricted to Black & Black and Black & Plum.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:23   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Beige options is for the base models Plus and Pleasure and for Prestige fabric, leather options for Prestige and the top pride models are restricted to Black & Black and Black & Plum.
Okay, Thanks for the info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks