Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 07:59   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post

Sheel, I am afraid I will fall short of the high standards this forum demonstrates for an independent thread. Neither my knowledge is as deep as many terrific Yeti owners nor am I a good wordsmith. I try my level best to bring 4x2 perspective where I can on this thread. My thought process in going with 4x2 was to strike a balance between vehicle of this form factor and money I have to shell out from my pocket. I will be more than happy to answer any questions anybody has on 4x2 as I am in 7th month of my 4x2 ownership and just today we both cross the 5K mark.
Samy, in writing, as in life, there is no right or wrong.
We would love to see your review, truly and most of us here appreciate the efforts put in by our fellow members. This is meant to be a forum that encourages people, not judge them!
So, roll up your sleeves, pull out that ipad and start your 2WD Yeti review! Stick a few simple photos on, too and watch your thread come alive.
Believe me it is a good feeling.
All you need really is a decent phone camera for your pics.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 17:27   #1232
BHPian

I've posted a video of a downhill ride in my Yeti. The roads are in our rubber estate.
tomthump is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 17:49   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
I've posted a video of a downhill ride in my Yeti. The roads are in our rubber estate.
http://Youtu.be/2u_iu0gXoxo

Great video that is exactly Yeti territory. Someday you could host a Yeti safari! Beautiful.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2013, 21:33   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

Great video that is exactly Yeti territory. Someday you could host a Yeti safari! Beautiful.
Thank you, maybe you'll like this too.

If you like this sort of stuff, I can show more roads.
Old 26th January 2013, 14:58   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post

Thank you, maybe you'll like this too.
http://Youtu.be/zdU9VhJzwbQ

If you like this sort of stuff, I can show more roads.
For us citylubbers ( forgive me for paraphrasing ) such roads are a treat for sore eyes. Of course having to traverse such territory in the rainy season may be a tad difficult. I am sure most of us do like your videos.
Old 27th January 2013, 18:16   #1236
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

For those folks who own or know very closely the Skoda 4by4 Ambition, does the Radio Swing come with a pre-installed MDI interface or is it an accessory that can be fitted by the dealer (without voiding warranty i.e.)?

In any case, am I correct in believing that any 3rd Party Stereo fitment even if done by the dealer would void warranty?
Old 27th January 2013, 19:05   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbafett View Post
For those folks who own or know very closely the Skoda 4by4 Ambition, does the Radio Swing come with a pre-installed MDI interface or is it an accessory that can be fitted by the dealer (without voiding warranty i.e.)?

In any case, am I correct in believing that any 3rd Party Stereo fitment even if done by the dealer would void warranty?

Neither the ambition nor the Elegance come Preinstalled with the MDI Interface. It is an accessory that can be added by the dealer.

The Following Part Numbers are to be used:(Stock Status with SAIPL)

5L0 051 592 MRP: 27,044 INR Not available
AZO 800 001 MRP: 2,318 INR Available

however the Actual Mounting position for the MDi interface is below the climate control in the cubby Hole. this requires Part No: 5L1 863 383 9B9 which replaces the cubby hole with a cubby hole with Provision for an MDI in Interface. but the problem is that this Part is LH oriented and may not be visually appealing in a RHD vehicle.

It looks like this:

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-image001.jpg

your belief that any 3rd Party Stereo fitment even if done by the dealer would void warranty is actually wrong. As per the Mail from Mr. Nilesh Chavan of Skoda India And with regards to your communication concerning warranty terms, we agree with your views that as long as these accessories fitments do not really interfere with the electrical or mechanical systems. While having the fitments of Skoda Genuine Accessories, the customer should not have any elements of doubts and we expect our dealers staff to promote such fitments. It seems that our colleagues from Mangalore dealerships have got some misconceptions in this regard. Our Area Service Manager shall clarify it soon. so as long as wires are not cut, there should be no issue.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:22   #1238
BHPian

My horn has finally failed. I have an appointment at the service station tomorrow. Hope the horn is under warranty.

Will use the opportunity to talk about the Mobil oil as detailed by Sunilrj.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:24   #1239
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
My horn has finally failed. I have an appointment at the service station tomorrow. Hope the horn is under warranty.

Will use the opportunity to talk about the Mobil oil as detailed by Sunilrj.
Horn is covered under warranty, don't let the dealer try and fool you.

Also my Yeti plans are on hold, will wait a few months. Ideal scenario would be a Yeti L&K with DSG. What a machine it would be.
Old 31st January 2013, 18:29   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

Horn is covered under warranty, don't let the dealer try and fool you.

Also my Yeti plans are on hold, will wait a few months. Ideal scenario would be a Yeti L&K with DSG. What a machine it would be.
Thank you. It's a great machine even now.

I have enjoyed the drivability in dense traffic thanks to the front optical sensors and on the highway I have never felt safer at 100kms an hour.
Old 1st February 2013, 18:48   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got the second free service done on the Yeti? I would like to know what the labour charges were? VAS Scanning, 2nd Service

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2013, 13:49   #1242
BHPian

Had the horn checked out today. It had started working all by itself again. They just used 3m cleaner on the connector as they said some protective jelly is provided to protect from excessive sparking and at times it blocks the contact . They also said that if the horn fails again they will replace it .

I also agreed as I did not want to change factory fitted parts unnecessarily.

I asked them about the Mobil oil they are using and they are using the oil w30 only. So no problems there.
Old 8th February 2013, 14:15   #1243
BHPian

Just back from a short trip. I drove between 80to85km/h speed band and theYeti responded by showing an average consumption of 18.4km/lt !

If the average consumption is calculated on the basis of the last 50kms then it's probably the actual consumption for the said distance right?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-image1803278617.jpg  

Old 13th February 2013, 01:57   #1244
BHPian

Well, even I've managed to get some phenomenal number with a light foot, driving economically is every bit as hard I think.
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_21900.jpg

Last edited by autoskooll : 13th February 2013 at 02:10.
Old 13th February 2013, 02:21   #1245
BHPian

Found these images on Skoda's website. The Yeti being put together with a lot of care at the Aurangabad Plant. Nice to see the people behind the cars we drive.
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_10_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_13_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_15_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_16_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_17_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_18_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_30_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_9_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_4_jpg.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bui_37_jpg.jpg
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed