Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 12:29   #1201
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yeti facelift may get tailgate mounted spare wheel!

Test mule bore the spare wheel on the tail gate. The current Skoda Yeti does not have the spare wheel at the tail gate but the spyshot suggests that the facelifted model could get the feature.

Numerous test mules of the Yeti facelift had been spotted in Europe with camouflaged front and rear fascias. The Yeti facelift is expected to sport a comprehensive redesign and that means it will have styling which subscribes to VisonD Concept.

Square headlamps and new front grill will align it in line with the new family look. The tail gate also is also expected to be significantly revised with redesigned tail lamps.

Thos is one of the new launches that would be seen in 2013 as defined in the teaser released by Skoda.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/2...#ixzz2HSBo8Mpr
If the spare wheel is mounted at the rear, they have to redesign the rear door to open from the side. It would look something like this:

Name:  yeti_tailgate.png
Views: 4155
Size:  85.7 KB
Picture courtesy: Google Search

Having the spare at the rear will considerably free up the space at the rear, which is always good because of the compact size of the car. Along with it, the stretched version would take away some capabilities in maneuvering off-road conditions because of longer wheel base. And I think the tail-gate mounted wheel is exclusively for the Chinese market (as the stretched version of the yeti is).
Old 9th January 2013, 12:41   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The OTR in KA is 22,43,000/- Discount 1 Lakh. So after Discount OTR is 21,43,000. A Little haggling and a relenting Dealer you may be able to get it at 21,00,000. Purchase Price of the 2012 Listed for sale : 16 Lakhs. Straight savings of 5 Lakhs!
Quote:
The 1 Lakh is the 'On Road' discount i presume. I dont entirely go with the car wale valuation, but if i were to buy the 2012 Yeti, I would close it at 15.5 to 16 as it results in a considerable saving of around 4.5 lakhs ( On road Price in Karnataka). The Thumb Rule used by used Car Dealers is to Knock 20% of the Onroad Price in the First year for vehicles costing 12+ Lakhs.

I was simply stating your calculations. The OTR here in February 2012 was under 17 lakhs. In May 2012 it would have been about 18 lakhs. You will want to take off the 5 lakhs from the 17 or 18 lakhs.

The online price may not be taking into consideration the cost price at different locations. In places with low low taxes, it is possible that a new car may be cheaper than the price quoted by them for a used car
Old 9th January 2013, 15:00   #1203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yeti facelift may get tailgate mounted spare wheel!
Oh, please, please, no!

A spare wheel is a spare wheel, a vital, practical item, and not a macho decorative detail. Keep it inside, away from exposure to sun and weather (and thieves), where it may be a new tire when called into use.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:34   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Oh, please, please, no!

A spare wheel is a spare wheel, a vital, practical item, and not a macho decorative detail. Keep it inside, away from exposure to sun and weather (and thieves), where it may be a new tire when called into use.
I agree. I would not have bought the Yeti if the spare had been placed outside. I have replaced the original with a full size one and its a tight fit ,but I still think its okay. Imagine having to lug the tire up!
Old 9th January 2013, 18:24   #1205
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Yeti is nice and understated. The wheel mounted outside will spoil its looks and I agree with the view that the spare wheel should be kept as nice and new and safe as possible inside the vehicle.
If they mount the spare wheel outside it causes great stress to the rear hatch on which it is mounted. Also, on the Yeti it will end up looking idiotic like some of those third class Indica cabs and Tempo Traveller people transporters which have the spare on the rear!
Old 9th January 2013, 19:17   #1206
BHPian

The only change required to spare wheel is of up-sizing it. Donut wheel is sad for Yeti ( and other Skoda cars ). Keep it inside and make it bigger - to a full size spare.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 20:40   #1207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Also, on the Yeti it will end up looking idiotic like some of those third class Indica cabs and Tempo Traveller people transporters which have the spare on the rear!
You can't say, all cars with spare at the rear look bad.

The upcoming EcoSport comes with one and it does wonders for the car's Looks
Old 9th January 2013, 20:42   #1208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
The only change required to spare wheel is of up-sizing it. Donut wheel is sad for Yeti ( and other Skoda cars ). Keep it inside and make it bigger - to a full size spare.
Absolutely, +1 to that.
SUV with space saver is sad.
BTW, ironically, Laura has a full size spare (and I only wished it was an alloy).
Old 9th January 2013, 20:51   #1209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
... Imagine having to lug the tire up!
Macho Man will do that with one hand!

But seriously, I hadn't thought of that, and it is a valid point. Glad to know that quite a few people agree on the style aspect.

Another thing that I have to admit not thinking of, is that it is good to have it on the back if the vehicle really is loaded up for the annual rough-ground mountain trip, if one does one.
Old 9th January 2013, 22:06   #1210
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

You can't say, all cars with spare at the rear look bad.

The upcoming EcoSport comes with one and it does wonders for the car's Looks
I have owned several jeeps in my time with the spare mounted on the rear tailgate.
I do not say anywhere that all vehicles with the spare at the rear look bad.
I merely drew attention to two particularly ugly specimens which are commonly to be seen, the indicab and the tempo traveller.
I also do certainly maintain that the weight of the spare wheel mounted on the tailgate does cause a lot of stress to the tailgate however well mounted it may be.
This is because of the terrible roads that we drive on here, all the time and the fact that metal fatigue is very likely in our extremely hot conditions.
This is just my point of view having had as I said, some experience with these tail gate mounted spare tyre, type vehicles.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:10   #1211
BHPian

I think plenty of people have crossed the 20000km mark. How has the battery lasted?

I think the normal expectation is 20000kms or 2years.
Old 11th January 2013, 17:22   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I think plenty of people have crossed the 20000km mark. How has the battery lasted?

I think the normal expectation is 20000kms or 2years.
If i remember well the Varta Batteries on the yeti are warranted to Last 4 -5 Years.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:39   #1213
BHPian

Quote:

If i remember well the Varta Batteries on the yeti are warranted to Last 4 -5 Years.
Thanks. It's certainly great news. There are so many electrical components in this car that there was a worry in the back of my mind about it. My dealer thought it would last a year.
Old 12th January 2013, 06:14   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
How else would you be able to add amplifiers and a sub? How about features like ipod integration, USB and GPS?

The stock HU also has limited audio tuning options.

These are the reasons for an HU upgrade.
As mentioned a few pages ago. the Bolero HU up for sale

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20130112-6.08.36-am.png

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20130112-6.08.42-am.png

and the price ? Starting from Rs. 12,243! - The seller is a Authorised Skoda Dealer in UK
Old 13th January 2013, 17:49   #1215
BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned a few pages ago. the Bolero HU up for sale
Sunil, but we will have to get this Okayed by Autobahn folks that if I get a Skoda accessory myself they would put it in. Isn't it? Does anybody have prior experience on this? I remember some other post said service stations were now accepting fitment of original accessories purchased outside. Otherwise we will have a unit but no way to fit it. Like you Sunil, doing it myself is totally totally out of question.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks