Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 06:25   #1051
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Yep absolutely correct, it has a sensor and this kinda also reminds/urges you to turn on the light.
Wow! had not noticed this in my Yeti yet. May be am yet to drive it at a change over time when intensity of the ambient light changes.

I still think they have this feature implemented counter intuitive. So car detects lower light conditions, it should turn on the parking/headlights why is dimming the lights on dial to indicate low light condition. Don't inform me to take action - just take the action! ( I know this would be some cost related thing - cost of photo relay is more etc etc )

I will give you another example of their strange thought process which I discovered while talking to sales rep prior to buying the car. I said, I am buying an expensive car, at least I deserve a full size spare tyre. Sales person says, "Skoda wants you to know that you are driving on a spare and you will not forget it if you have smaller shaped wheel/tyre - otherwise you will forget it and may end up stranded if yet another tyre loses air". To me this is stupid, Skoda should let the users decide what they want to do.
Old 28th October 2012, 08:02   #1052
BHPian

The Yeti is possibly the first zero defect car I have purchased. I have only done 500 odd Kms but no glitches so far. The tyres are gripping better now. Allow the car to coast and current consumption goes up to 85km/l. Nice to look at even though untrue.
Old 28th October 2012, 12:45   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
The tyres are gripping better now.
Nice to hear a happy comment. I've done 16000 plus now since I purchased in April this year. It is expensive being an ignoramus and also lazy. I did my second alignment at 15K plus, the front tyres have worn down too much and have now gone to the rear.
Old 28th October 2012, 15:53   #1054
Senior - BHPian

So today I finally paid 50% advance on the following accessories to the Skoda dealer for procurement:

1. Stainless Steel Exhaust pipe end piece (5L0071910) = Rs. 1892
2. Decorative Protective cover of the rear bumper (5L0071360) = Rs. 3981
3. Wheel Arc Extension (5L0071069) = Rs. 14900
4. Black door sill covers (KDA630001) = Rs. 1841
5. Rubber boot mat (DCD630002) = Rs 2589
Total: Rs. 25203

Expected delivery in 2 weeks. Can't wait

The dealer also informed me the Skoda Shield/insurance covers damages from water logging into engine/drive train. But I am unable to find any such clause in the documents. Is this a grey area?
Old 28th October 2012, 16:59   #1055
BHPian

How many watts can the power points support? I read somewhere only 120 watts can be drawn without blowing the fuse.

I have bought a Belkin laptop, mobile etc charger which works till 180 watts.

If the fuse does blow can it be replaced by us?
Old 28th October 2012, 18:01   #1056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
How many watts can the power points support? I read somewhere only 120 watts can be drawn without blowing the fuse.

I have bought a Belkin laptop, mobile etc charger which works till 180 watts.

If the fuse does blow can it be replaced by us?
Yes that is correct. It has a fuse rated at 10A, and it can deliver a max of 120w. You can use the Belkin inverter with it but connect only laptop chargers or phone chargers to it which will work fine.
If you want to be doubly safe, change the 20A fuse in the back of the inverter to a 8A one. This is a Dc fuse from the power input side. This will blow before the cars fuse if you overload it.

Last edited by Behemoth : 28th October 2012 at 18:06.
Old 28th October 2012, 18:32   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth

This will blow before the cars fuse if you overload it.
Thanks. The iPad charges well. I have not tried the laptop but the adapter says its a 90 watt one so it should not be a problem. Mobiles of course are not an issue.

I think I will hunt for a 8 A fuse as you suggested. Better safe than sorry.
Old 28th October 2012, 18:59   #1058
BHPian

Is there a possibility of a Yeti 4x2 with 1.4TSI Engine at a 10-11L price point? It might be a interesting option for those who dont log a lot of miles.
Old 28th October 2012, 19:44   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius
Is there a possibility of a Yeti 4x2 with 1.4TSI Engine at a 10-11L price point? It might be a interesting option for those who dont log a lot of miles.
Anything can happen. But to be honest i dont see that happening that too at 10-11L price.
Old 28th October 2012, 20:16   #1060
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Anything can happen. But to be honest i dont see that happening that too at 10-11L price.
Reasonable to expect the base petrol at ~13lacs ex showroom.
It didn't do well, so wonder if they wil get the petrol variant here.
Old 29th October 2012, 07:15   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
So today I finally paid 50% advance on the following accessories to the Skoda dealer for procurement:

1. Stainless Steel Exhaust pipe end piece (5L0071910) = Rs. 1892
2. Decorative Protective cover of the rear bumper (5L0071360) = Rs. 3981
3. Wheel Arc Extension (5L0071069) = Rs. 14900
4. Black door sill covers (KDA630001) = Rs. 1841
5. Rubber boot mat (DCD630002) = Rs 2589
Total: Rs. 25203

Expected delivery in 2 weeks. Can't wait

The dealer also informed me the Skoda Shield/insurance covers damages from water logging into engine/drive train. But I am unable to find any such clause in the documents. Is this a grey area?
Part No: 5L0071360 is a bad choice for 3981/- its a piece of plastic which is painted silver and highly prone to scratches. it could even reach you with scratches. looks very very low quality. i suggest you cancel that item and purchase a Stainless Steel Bumper Protector which is either available like this

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0004-1024x683.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0005-1024x683.jpg

or a shiny glossy one which can be found on ebay. Both these come in the range of 5500-6000 including shipping and duties

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-bp1.jpg

Regarding the Wheel Arch Extension PLEASE inform the dealer to go through the installation instructions and order the consumables required for fitment. almsot all dealers have bungled up and have used glass sealant, which doesnt hold the polypropelyne kit and the kit falls off in 2-3 days. and definitely no 3M as it tends to open up at the edges.

you need to order 1. Elch Technik Primer : part No: HHA381016 - Atleast 40ML (they come in bottles of 10 ML each) and 2. Elch Technik P1 Glue - Part No: HHA381014 - Atleast 3 Tubes of 80 ML each.

as of now as per my knowledge and Information provided by SAIPL, both these are on back order and expected after 21 days from CZ.

Please check with the dealer if the Exhaust End Pipe Piece is a Two Piece Kit or a Single Piece Kit. In which case you need to order 2 of those. The Dealers do not do a proper fitment. they would have to saw off the tapering part of the tail pipe using an rotary sawer. if they try to merely clip it on, then my dear friend you will have to order another set within a week, and you may find the One you had originally fixed on an Auto Rickshaw or some other Car which does not have a tapering Exhaust tip. Detailed Instructions for fitment are on my Ownership Thread

regarding Skoda Shield - it is Basic Insurance + Extended Warranty + on Road Assistance - offered by Bajaj Allianz. to Check if you have the Waterlogging cover, go through your Policy Document and see if the Add-on Cover - 'Drive Assure' has been opted for. Details of Drive Assure are Here ----------------------------->>> Bajaj Allianz - Drive Assure- Benifit & conditions.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vij View Post
Reasonable to expect the base petrol at ~13lacs ex showroom.
It didn't do well, so wonder if they wil get the petrol variant here.

There is some buzz about a New Variant which may come in. It Could be a cheaper Variant with a 1.2 or 1.4 TSI or a premium variant with Autobox or L&K Trims. (Source Ebay: L&K trims in Shiny Black Finish for Skoda Yeti)

Last edited by Sunilrj : 29th October 2012 at 07:20.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 16:48   #1062
Senior - BHPian

@Sunilrj, thanks for your input and advise. I have instructed to remove the the protective cover for the rear bumper. I have also added the glue/primer tubes to the new list. The dealer have no idea about anything. I have to give them a printout of the accessories list and the pricing. But anyway, I am much at ease as they will be importing through their Skoda channels, whereas, there is risk with me purchasing the items online through 3rd parties because of customs and other factors.
Old 29th October 2012, 19:36   #1063
BHPian

Some additions carried out over the last week:

Wheel Arch kits
ORVM covers
Door Cladding with ALU insert
Chrome exhaust (not seen in the pictures)
9w7 bluetooth kit
Auto Headlamps
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-accessorizationstep1a.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-accessorizationstep1b.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-accessorizationstep1c.jpg  

xplorauto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 20:22   #1064

[quote=There is some buzz about a New Variant which may come in. It Could be a cheaper Variant with a 1.2 or 1.4 TSI or a premium variant with Autobox or L&K Trims. (Source Ebay: L&K trims in Shiny Black Finish for Skoda Yeti)[/QUOTE]

well, my informer tells me that indeed an automatic DSG is underway for the Yeti. It is expected soon..will keep you guys updated as I know more.
vishwanath.vish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 01:48   #1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto
Some additions carried out over the last week:
Did you do the upgrades yourself or through the dealer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks