Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2012, 14:21   #991
j76
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I had been checking on the Yeti Elegance, did a test drive and was mulling over whether I should buy now or wait till an automatic variant gets launched.
Something seems to be brewing because, yesterday the dealer calls and tells me that there are only three yetis left with him and that too Active variant being offered at a discount of 1.9 Lakhs. Coming to an on-road Mumbai price of about 14.xx lakhs.
When I asked about the Elegance he said that it doesnt look likely that they will receive anymore until 2013.
j76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 15:50   #992
BHPian

All: Today I saw some good amount dark black smoke coming out of the tail pipes. I have not seen this before in my 3 month long ownership. May be diesel cars do this - this is my first diesel ride. Engine check light is off. Nothing else unusual with it. I saw this after driving it for about 15-20 mins when I reached my destination. Anybody has seen this on their Yeti. A bit worried due to this smoke thing.
Old 13th October 2012, 18:01   #993

Quote:
Originally Posted by j76 View Post
I had been checking on the Yeti Elegance, did a test drive and was mulling over whether I should buy now or wait till an automatic variant gets launched.
Something seems to be brewing because, yesterday the dealer calls and tells me that there are only three yetis left with him and that too Active variant being offered at a discount of 1.9 Lakhs. Coming to an on-road Mumbai price of about 14.xx lakhs.
When I asked about the Elegance he said that it doesnt look likely that they will receive anymore until 2013.
The dealer is right, I have found out that Skoda now does not have anymore Elegance left to sell as there were about 3 elegance two days back and now are all blocked by dealers expecting a potential sale. In Bangalore my dealer states that there has been lot of enquiries from customers for Elegance over the past one week.

Skoda has started to receive MY-13 kits and production has just started or about to start. I have been offered a 40K discount for the MY-13 Elegance.

I have been looking out to buy an Elegance White and have now finally managed to locate one in Hubli. Just completed the PDI today as per the checklist and also many thanks to Sunil who seems to be helping me out so much. Thank you Sunil.

By the way, Sunil has blocked a Silver Elegance for me at a discount of around 2.2 Lacks with one of the dealers, pls PM me or Sunil if you need it we can have it arranged.
Old 13th October 2012, 20:50   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy
All: Today I saw some good amount dark black smoke coming out of the tail pipes. I have not seen this before in my 3 month long ownership. May be diesel cars do this - this is my first diesel ride. Engine check light is off. Nothing else unusual with it. I saw this after driving it for about 15-20 mins when I reached my destination. Anybody has seen this on their Yeti. A bit worried due to this smoke thing.
Usually diesel cars give out black smoke upon acceleration.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 20:59   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel

Usually diesel cars give out black smoke upon acceleration.
Yes I think that is right specially if the acceleration is particularly hard. I have seen this in my swift vdi too. Normal acceleration will not be doing so.
Old 13th October 2012, 21:48   #996

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish

The dealer is right, I have found out that Skoda now does not have anymore Elegance left to sell as there were about 3 elegance two days back and now are all blocked by dealers expecting a potential sale. In Bangalore my dealer states that there has been lot of enquiries from customers for Elegance over the past one week.

Skoda has started to receive MY-13 kits and production has just started or about to start. I have been offered a 40K discount for the MY-13 Elegance.

I have been looking out to buy an Elegance White and have now finally managed to locate one in Hubli. Just completed the PDI today as per the checklist and also many thanks to Sunil who seems to be helping me out so much. Thank you Sunil.

By the way, Sunil has blocked a Silver Elegance for me at a discount of around 2.2 Lacks with one of the dealers, pls PM me or Sunil if you need it we can have it arranged.
Hi! I need a elegance in silver. I have been looking for one with the kind of discount you have mentioned. The dealer in my area is not willing to give. Can you give details how this can be arranged and for what OTR price. I can be reached on email : vinay0011@yahoo.com and mobile +91-8107525252.
Old 13th October 2012, 22:07   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Yes I think that is right specially if the acceleration is particularly hard. I have seen this in my swift vdi too. Normal acceleration will not be doing so.
Guys, my watchman pointed out the black smoke and I was in my building compound. Speed is about 5-10Km/hr as I was coming to and halt to get the passengers out. I was really decelerating. Any more ideas? your comments have made me even concerned.

May be something to do with fuel. God only knows... Others do comment if you have any clue.
Old 14th October 2012, 21:55   #998
BHPian

YETI Elegance Bought April 4- 2012
I did my 15000 service last Tuesday,9th Oct at Marikar, Cochin.
I had 14500 odd on the meter.
They replaced the oil. which came to 4750 I think.
I have a 20,000 additional credit with them that they gave me because they were unable to deliver in March as they'd promised. I had requested they keep it with them to adjust against future service jobs. The first service oil change was thus adjusted on that amount.
They do not have a wheel alignment facility and adviced I do it outside. I have not done an alignment for 12500 kms now, must do it tomorrow.
A friend had his first service (1 year/5000 kms), he has not touched 5000 kms yet, on his VW Polo, at EVM in Trivandrum. Cost him Rs. 15000 for oil and filters.
Old 15th October 2012, 07:27   #999
BHPian

I tried the fm transmitter on my mobile with the Bolero system on the Yeti. The music was crystal clear even at full volume. In contrast in my swift the sound is scratchy. The antenna on the Yeti is way superior to the swifts.

Now only if someone could figure out a way to make and receive calls while using the fm transmitter , Bluetooth would not be so important.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 15th October 2012 at 07:30.
Old 15th October 2012, 08:43   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Now only if someone could figure out a way to make and receive calls while using the fm transmitter , Bluetooth would not be so important.
Hi Carcrazy60, I don't think that would be possible. The phone is a dedicated transmitter and Car system is a FM tuner that can tune into set frequency. In this topology there is no mechanism to have backward transmission from Bolero system to the phone as it would be required for a voice conversation. We will have to still get the BT module for the phone calls.
Old 15th October 2012, 11:07   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy

Hi Carcrazy60, I don't think that would be possible. The phone is a dedicated transmitter and Car system is a FM tuner that can tune into set frequency. In this topology there is no mechanism to have backward transmission from Bolero system to the phone as it would be required for a voice conversation. We will have to still get the BT module for the phone calls.

Make Calls and Listen to Your Playlist Through Your Car Stereo

Simple Set-Up

Make hands-free calls and play music from your playlist directly through your car speakers. CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth® instantly connects your smartphone to your car stereo—no need for professional installation. Simply pair with your phone using Bluetooth® and connect to your car stereo using FM transmission.
A nighttime light makes it easy to see at all hours. Plus, the power adapter with USB port lets you charge your smartphone while you drive.
Loud & Clear

The microphone—embedded within the Call/Play button—can go just about anywhere on your dashboard. Choose a spot that's convenient and close to you for the best voice pick-up, then attach it magnetically.
One-Touch Control

Just one button does it all. Use the Call/Play button to switch between talking and playing audio files stored on your phone or streaming Internet radio*.
Get the Strongest Signal

ClearScan technology finds the strongest FM signal for transmitting your calls and music to your car stereo. Set the dial to the suggested station and CarAudio Connect FM Bluetooth® does the rest. If music is playing when a call comes in, it will automatically fade out and you'll hear the caller's voice loud and clear through your car speakers.

The Belkin Fm Bluetooth seems to use the combination but what happens if you are using the sd card? Will the music be muted and the call go through? Price is only 99 dollars, much less than the Skoda set up. Will try and find out.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2012, 11:54   #1002
j76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish View Post
Thanks for the offer. I think I will wait, since I am not entirely sure I want to take the plunge.
Old 15th October 2012, 23:37   #1003
BHPian

An update, I got delivery of my Silver 2012 Skoda Yeti Active 4x2 on Saturday and I am elated!! A quick demo of the features and the obligatory paperwork being completed, photograph taken and everyone thanked, we were off. Clearly, there are so few Yetis on the road, because we got stared at a lot!! Unless it was the garland and the ribbons

The air con is superb, notwithstanding lack of climatronic and absence of sun film. Dealer left me with a bit of fuel, so tanked up only the next day. It finally stopped at 56 litres! Changed tyre pressure down to 32 psi.

No mods except for the exhaust tips as of now, the floor pedals are not in stock. First impressions, it is very easy to drive and I had the hang of the stalling within a couple of hours. Perhaps the problem is not there so much on the 2WD?

I am working through the user manual now and am still to get a hang of things, but would someone tell me this? When I lock all doors, the doors cant be opened from outside, for sure, but they seem to open just fine from the inside. How does one prevent someone (kids perhaps) opening the door while the car is in motion?

Umm, I noticed that the rear seats can be repositioned towards the centre. I wonder whether there is any way of adjusting the tilt for it to go further back?
Achu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 08:21   #1004
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu View Post
An update, I got delivery of my Silver 2012 Skoda Yeti Active 4x2 on Saturday and I am elated!! A quick demo of the features and the obligatory paperwork being completed, photograph taken and everyone thanked, we were off. Clearly, there are so few Yetis on the road, because we got stared at a lot!! Unless it was the garland and the ribbons

The air con is superb, notwithstanding lack of climatronic and absence of sun film. Dealer left me with a bit of fuel, so tanked up only the next day. It finally stopped at 56 litres! Changed tyre pressure down to 32 psi.

No mods except for the exhaust tips as of now, the floor pedals are not in stock. First impressions, it is very easy to drive and I had the hang of the stalling within a couple of hours. Perhaps the problem is not there so much on the 2WD?

I am working through the user manual now and am still to get a hang of things, but would someone tell me this? When I lock all doors, the doors cant be opened from outside, for sure, but they seem to open just fine from the inside. How does one prevent someone (kids perhaps) opening the door while the car is in motion?

Umm, I noticed that the rear seats can be repositioned towards the centre. I wonder whether there is any way of adjusting the tilt for it to go further back?
Congrats man!
True,Yeti is a rare species in most cities because only few know about its abilities.
Do post some photos here. Haven't seen the fabric upholstery of the Active Variant as of yet.
and There isn't much of stalling problem with the 4x2 Yeti.

Congrats again and may you have endless joyful miles with your new Ride!
Old 16th October 2012, 08:32   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu

Congrats. I m sure u will enjoy your new ride a lot . The doors on skoda, vw are meant to be like that for emergency purpose. There is child lock for the rear doors which will lock it from inside but it will become annoying.

I would suggest you to change the tyres. I didnt change them myself but would definitely recommend as there is a quite bit of road noise filtering through at high speeds and not to mention the stiff ride that one gets with those stock tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks