Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 19:34   #841

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I have been talking to the Skoda dealer in Udaipur - Jai Cars Pvt. Ltd. for s Skoda Yeto Elegance 4x4. After keeping me in conversation for over a week and negotiating to different price point from the starting point of Rs.20.40 lacs and reducing to Rs.19.40, then 18.40, then Rs.18.20 and finally Rs.17.80. And when I called to confirm my intent for the Rs.17.80 lacs with coverages of all kinds, the Showroom incharge says they cannot give the vehicle for less than Rs.18.20. I am so totally disgusted with the approach of the Skoda Delaership. They keep me hanging knowing fully well that 19th sept. is Ganesh Chaturthi on which I would like to have the vehicle in process in motion and an evening prior they spring this on me. ABSOLUTLEY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!
Old 18th September 2012, 20:51   #842
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Here is what the dealer in coimbatore told me when I was taking a TD of the Rapid for my Father in law. "There is a huge discount / price slash for the Yeti - 4 x 2 Active variant. The On road price would be 15.10L ."

Is it true guys? Is there any other dealer who is offering the same. The reason I was told is that they are trying to make some volume with this variant and trying to pit it with the top end Duster.
Yes the offer is very much true. The Dealer here in Ludhiana is offering the Active Variant for 12.99 lacs(Ex Showroom). That makes it nearly 1.5 lacs discount. The Discounts are more on the Higher variants.
Old 18th September 2012, 21:20   #843
BHPian

Hi Vinay 18.2 for the elegance is damn good ,if I may say so. Does this price include insurance ,Skoda shield and drive assure? I think I will end up paying around 35000 more and that too without drive assure
Old 19th September 2012, 02:25   #844

Hey Carcrazy60! The offer is not damn good........you should read the posts on team-bhp here.......the yeti's being sold are 2011 manufactured as per VIN code. So that makes these nearly an year or more old. And in their country of origin these yeti's would sell for so much less than current year manufactured ones.

In my opinion, the skoda dealers who are maybe wiser or possibly more keen to be customer friendly, are passing on the discount that Skoda Auto is giving on these yeti's to them (the dealer) to the end customer. And the greedy and self centered dealers are pocketing the discount and short changing the customer by charging so much more than they should at the cost of Skoda Auto's good name and reputation. Do not fall prey to such an unscrupulous dealer and drive a very very hard bargain.

The Yeti is a great vehicle but do not pay more than 17.0 for the top end variant. Great product. Beware of the Dealer!
Old 19th September 2012, 07:51   #845
BHPian

Just saw in Delhi TOI, Yeti being offered at 12.29 lakhs. Most likely this would be 4x2 version. Will have to check with the dealer. This offer is till 23rd september
shivmarwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 07:58   #846
BHPian

Hi Sheel did you get your Yeti? Have you visited their workshop? If I remember correctly you were supposed to get delivery on the 17 th.
Old 19th September 2012, 08:47   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Just saw in Delhi TOI, Yeti being offered at 12.29 lakhs. Most likely this would be 4x2 version. Will have to check with the dealer. This offer is till 23rd september
Saw it last Friday in the TOI. Yeti Active and the price here ex-thane without octroi is 11.99 Lacks.
Old 19th September 2012, 20:55   #848
BHPian

I visited the Singh Motors workshop. Plenty of new cars around.

The service manager showed me the Bluetooth controls. If you enter set up on the touch screen there is an activate Bluetooth audio check box. They claimed they have connected via Bluetooth a few times but the link is not stable. I told them as far as I know there is no Bluetooth function in the Elegance but they have promised to get back to me tomorrow.

Another claim the sales manager made was that Skoda has finished selling the 2011 yetis and there are no more 4*4 ones available. The obvious corollary is no more discounts .

Can someone explain please.
Old 20th September 2012, 00:52   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I visited the Singh Motors workshop. Plenty of new cars around.

The service manager showed me the Bluetooth controls. If you enter set up on the touch screen there is an activate Bluetooth audio check box. They claimed they have connected via Bluetooth a few times but the link is not stable. I told them as far as I know there is no Bluetooth function in the Elegance but they have promised to get back to me tomorrow.

Another claim the sales manager made was that Skoda has finished selling the 2011 yetis and there are no more 4*4 ones available. The obvious corollary is no more discounts .

Can someone explain please.
There's no bluetooth in any of yeti models. Yes you will find bluetooth audio option but that will be disabled. The only option is to have bluetooth module kit. It cost around 27k (not sure though) or bluettoth kit from dension. I have it installed when i purchased. This cost 20k in delhi.
Old 20th September 2012, 10:12   #850

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Saw it last Friday in the TOI. Yeti Active and the price here ex-thane without octroi is 11.99 Lacks.
I called up a dealership in Delhi. They say the top end Yeti has a discount of Rs.2.0 lac on the on road price. Should the discount not be on the ex-showroom price so that the on road price comes much less?
Old 20th September 2012, 11:14   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011 View Post
I called up a dealership in Delhi. They say the top end Yeti has a discount of Rs.2.0 lac on the on road price. Should the discount not be on the ex-showroom price so that the on road price comes much less?
You mean in that case, duties such as octroi and RTO tax becomes less? No I think not. The RTO taxes remain as they are.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:29   #852

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
You mean in that case, duties such as octroi and RTO tax becomes less? No I think not. The RTO taxes remain as they are.
It's supposed to be like that .........the discount is meant to be on the ex showroom price as it is coming from the company and dealership.....not from the taxation authorities such as RTO, Insurance, etc. and this is one of the many places where the dealer hoodwinks the buyer.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:12   #853
BANNED

Ok guys, a little help here..in a fix.
Now that we're almost set to buy the Yeti, there is confusion over the variant.
Either it will be the 4x2 Active or the 4x4 Elegance.
The Price difference is about 2.5-3 lacs(on road)

No intermediate versions considered because they don't offer enough extras over the active(my view), not lot more safety features in them or general kit.

So more importantly, need to choose between 4x2 or 4x4 machinery.
As usual, major driving will be done in the city (over pretty bad roads).
Will the 4x4 justify the extra dough spent?

Also, I have another question, the monthly running of the car would be less than 700 Kms, will it pose any problems with such a low running.(Sadly no TSI Yeti )

Last edited by agambhandari : 20th September 2012 at 15:14.
Old 20th September 2012, 15:26   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari
Ok guys, a little help here..in a fix.

Also, I have another question, the monthly running of the car would be less than 700 Kms, will it pose any problems with such a low running.(Sadly no TSI Yeti )
Hi,
In my view the safety features in the 4*4 are worth the price. I have a swift vdi and I think it performs very poorly on wet roads on long drives. Vehicle behaviour should be much better with the yeti.

You can make up the low mileage city drives on long runs!
Old 20th September 2012, 15:49   #855
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011

Discounts are always advertised or talked about as being on the on road price. Because there is always a bit of margin in this that can be played with. Once you begin the negotiation process with the dealer, you will find that once he believes you to be a serious buyer, he will do his best to give a good discount on the ex showroom price and thereby reduce the road tax and the vat etc. However, typically he will cap the amount of discount given, somewhere. One will get a substantial price off, of course, if one is taking a last year model or similar older inventory item, because he will tend to sweeten the deal some more and close the sale.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks