Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2014, 22:22   #1591
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal View Post
I totally agree with your pointers.

Therefore I had said, I would end up buying a Terrano as Duster and Eco-sport have obnoxious waiting periods, unless you are ready to shell out a few thousands to pass it under the table for an immediate delivery.
Rahul,

Precisely the predicament I am in - heart has just fallen for the Yeti, but head keeps unnecessarily interfering

Just one correction to your statement above: At least in Bangalore, waiting period is valid for Ecosport, but when I asked around some 2-3 weeks back, Renault told me that they had every color of Duster available in stock for immediate delivery - no under-the-table dealing required. I was only enquiring about the 110bhp - therefore, not sure about the 85bhp version.

You might want to double-check with them as well. There is also a 60k discount offer available on the Duster at the moment.
ddis_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 23:38   #1592
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
Rahul, Precisely the predicament I am in - heart has just fallen for the Yeti, but head keeps unnecessarily interfering.

Mate. Too much thinking never did anyone any good. Analysis Paralysis.
If you like something then reach out and get it, else you will regret not having done so.
The Yeti is a super vehicle. It just is an extremely clever car. The only other car that appeals to me quite so much, frankly is the Honda Jazz for its cleverness.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 07:47   #1593
BHPian

The Manual Yeti is very easy to drive. I just did 1150 km with a dodgy thigh. No sweat whatsoever .
Old 18th January 2014, 11:09   #1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I usually smack the gear lever into neutral whenever I hit a traffic light or a jam. I never ride the clutch.
I didn't really quite understand, what do you mean by you don't really ride the clutch and smack the gear lever into neutral?!? Do you mean that without depressing the clutch you flick the gear lever into a neutral position? Is that possible and advisable? Sorry I didn't know that.

I totally understand that a manual vehicle is not difficult to drive for long highway trips but most of my commute is between Delhi and Meerut which is only 80 Kms and it takes around 3 full hours to cover this minuscule distance. A round trip in a day - really kills me with those constant gear shifts.

To talk about - I just did a 2000+ Kms ride in three days on my two wheeler and incidentally my bike also has a DSG. Not that I am lazy, its just makes your like simpler.

Thanks guys for all your support, now lets see what does the Auto-expo unfold for us....
Old 18th January 2014, 13:55   #1595
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal View Post
I didn't really quite understand, what do you mean by you don't really ride the clutch and smack the gear lever into neutral?!? Do you mean that without depressing the clutch you flick the gear lever into a neutral position? Is that possible and advisable? Sorry I didn't know that. I totally understand that a manual vehicle is not difficult to drive for long highway trips but most of my commute is between Delhi and Meerut which is only 80 Kms and it takes around 3 full hours to cover this minuscule distance. A round trip in a day - really kills me with those constant gear shifts. To talk about - I just did a 2000+ Kms ride in three days on my two wheeler and incidentally my bike also has a DSG. Not that I am lazy, its just makes your like simpler. Thanks guys for all your support, now lets see what does the Auto-expo unfold for us....

I depress the clutch and push the gear lever into neutral position when I hit a traffic light or a traffic jam/ snarl, irrespective of the likely duration of such circumstance.
Hence I am not sitting around waiting for traffic to move, with the vehicle in gear and with my foot on the clutch.
I do not ride the clutch in this sense.
The moment the traffic starts to move, I engage first gear and move off.
Old 18th January 2014, 14:16   #1596
PPS
Senior - BHPian

1 million euros for homologation!

Name:  r.png
Views: 1288
Size:  100.0 KB
Old 18th January 2014, 17:03   #1597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
1 million euros for homologation!

Evil government we have I must say.
Old 18th January 2014, 20:59   #1598
BHPian

To all, I bought yeti 2 months back and currently done about 3k.
Driving experience has been nothing short of 'bliss'. Go ahead with eyes closed, it won't disappoint
Old 19th January 2014, 03:38   #1599
BHPian

I just hit 50k in 1.5 years of ownership. I enjoy the drive in my yeti.
abbey4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 11:29   #1600
Distinguished - BHPian

My Yeti has also crossed 52k kms in a little over three years. Got the fourth service done yesterday and service costed almost 35k. I got the front brake pads changed which cost around 7500 to change. Also in this service the coolant and gear oil are also changed which also costs around 8k in all. Apart from this got the left mirror indicator light changed for 2k. Throttle body cleaning and Egr valve cleaning were also done which also cost around 5k. Apart from this the regular service cost is around 12k.
Happy that at least the service has to be done only once a year.
So far touchwood no other problems to report.

Last edited by Behemoth : 19th January 2014 at 11:30.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 11:31   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I just hit 50k in 1.5 years of ownership. I enjoy the drive in my yeti.
wow! I can only hope to attend 50K in 4 to 5 years. What parts had been replaced so far? What about the yoko tyres?
Old 19th January 2014, 13:39   #1602
BHPian

Yoko tyres are holding good.they should last for another 10k i think. I will be driving to bhutan coming may so i may get the tyres changed before the trip. I faced two major issues during this time but was replaced under warranty. 1. Ac compressor 2. Front right wheel speed sensor and abs module. During abs module replacement my car was kept for more than a week but was given compensation for taxi.
Old 19th January 2014, 13:49   #1603
BANNED

Me too. I've just crossed 2 years and 21K. The vehicle will probably reach its 4 year age mark and just may have hit 40-50 K.
Old 19th January 2014, 14:54   #1604
BHPian

Just to update: all your positive comments motivated me somewhat and I showed up at TAFE, Hosur road with a cheque in my pocket - no less!

As with TAFE, JP Nagar - these guys couldn't care less if you bought your damn Yeti or not - no one is interested in showing you one or even talking about it. I had to explain even the specs and variants to the clueless bloke over there!

Shankar: my experience has been somewhat different from yours - TAFE actually provided a better quote compared to Vinayak and also seem to have better stock of the Yeti at least.

Fear-of-god, fear-of-god - aal izz well

What is the discount? Clueless-bloke has no... clue, what else?

Anyways, have been promised a call back tomorrow with details of color availability and discount on both 4x2 Ambition and 4x4 Elegance. Looks like there are no major discounts on the 4x4 since stock is low.

Waiting with fingers-crossed! Special thanks to the entire Yeti-promoting crew here at TBHP - would have never even looked at this BEAUTIFUL monster without all your reviews and feedback.

New problem now though: my trusty Swifty seems to have figured out that I'll be letting her go sometime and is just driving beautifully. Drive back from Hosur road to K'pura road on NICE road was just pure bliss. One thing is for sure: letting Swifty go is going to be a tearful affair :(
ddis_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 17:12   #1605
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
Just to update: all your positive comments motivated me somewhat and I showed up at TAFE, Hosur road with a cheque in my pocket - no less! As with TAFE, JP Nagar - these guys couldn't care less if you bought your damn Yeti or not - no one is interested in showing you one or even talking about it. I had to explain even the specs and variants to the clueless bloke over there! Shankar: my experience has been somewhat different from yours - TAFE actually provided a better quote compared to Vinayak and also seem to have better stock of the Yeti at least. Fear-of-god, fear-of-god - aal izz well What is the discount? Clueless-bloke has no... clue, what else? Anyways, have been promised a call back tomorrow with details of color availability and discount on both 4x2 Ambition and 4x4 Elegance. Looks like there are no major discounts on the 4x4 since stock is low. Waiting with fingers-crossed! Special thanks to the entire Yeti-promoting crew here at TBHP - would have never even looked at this BEAUTIFUL monster without all your reviews and feedback. New problem now though: my trusty Swifty seems to have figured out that I'll be letting her go sometime and is just driving beautifully. Drive back from Hosur road to K'pura road on NICE road was just pure bliss. One thing is for sure: letting Swifty go is going to be a tearful affair :(
Now show up in Vinayak with your super quote from Tafe. Meet Hemanth there, give him my reference and see if he can match or better the quote. Basically what do you have to lose?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks