Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2013, 14:12   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I have experienced something similar too. It was just a light drizzle but it did not warrant having the wiper on all the time. So I set it to the slowest auto mode which was good enough. But the bottom of the windscreen kept fogging up and I had to use the wiper to clear it. I opened all the Ac vents for the rear passengers too and that reduced the problem. It seemed to me there is some amount of cooled air being directed at the windscreen all the time at all settings and that creates the problem. I hope it does not mean air is leaking towards the windscreen due faulty flaps or something.

Any solutions anybody? First problem I have had regarding the driveability.
Easiest way to solve it is to put a small black dashboard anti slip mat to cover the vents in that place. It is mainly due to cold air blowing directly on the windshield, which if you block, you can stop it from happening.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 22:41   #1502
Senior - BHPian

I've always been fascinated by the Yeti and the closest I came to knowing one was when a friend on this forum (fi.robin) bought one (and sadly had to sell it off very soon into his ownership before moving to the US). Its not a very easy priced vehicle so justifying and buying for a regular middle class joe isn't easy either.

But I'm doing the research I normally do many months before deciding a new car and part of it was viewing videos on the Yeti's off-roading capability. I know it's not a hardcore SUV but it seems to be very, very capable for what it is.

Of the many videos available on the internet for Skoda Yeti's 4x4 demonstration I liked this one as the trail seems nice.

Specially when you see what it does 7 minutes and 50 seconds into the video.

Not promoting the Yeti but sharing a video for benefit if any members/visitors who are checking the off-roading capabilities of the Yeti..
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:14   #1503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post

Easiest way to solve it is to put a small black dashboard anti slip mat to cover the vents in that place. It is mainly due to cold air blowing directly on the windshield, which if you block, you can stop it from happening.
I got the same issue and usually it resolves if you put air to within cabin and press blowers for face/leg (just to make sure you don't get the windshield blower blowing) but last time when this failed I put it to auto and kept temperature above outside temperature for a minute or so and then went back to desired temperature and the issue was resolved. I guess when you put it in auto the car decides the blowers through which ac blows so inevitably the windshield one works too (it can only get to the set temperature and I guess it has no restriction or sense to which all blowers to be opened/closed, we don't get rear blowers blowing most times when we are in auto)
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:12   #1504
BHPian

I have discovered that the front parking sensors help in wading. My colony is flooded after a couple of intense cloudbursts and I discovered it senses the water quite well, redlining when it gets deeper! At around three four inches its okay but any more and it starts screaming .

The half moon protectors just behind the front bumper creates some large waves when the water is deep enough. It's quite a sight and the first time I saw it I thought I was going way too fast.
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:55   #1505
BHPian

Just sharing a pic of my 7 month old Yeti Ambition 4by4 - have done 9500 KM to date and have been absolutely loving the snowman. Have had a few long trips including drives to Baroda, Nashik, Saputara, Ganpatiphule and Lavasa from Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yeti.jpg  

Old 12th September 2013, 20:24   #1506
BHPian

anyone here who could tell me about the possible discounts on yeti in delhi? Any preferred dealers?
Old 17th September 2013, 20:32   #1507
BHPian

Can the yeti bolero system play songs from aux input using an aux to USB converter and hence from a pen drive? Tried it but no luck. Activated aux input and it just stays at the same screen. Not detecting anything, is it my converter cable problem??
Old 17th September 2013, 20:57   #1508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
using an aux to USB converter
I see that the products are available, but how can this be? USB is digital, AUX is analogue: going from one to the other requires a DAC or a ADC.

Maybe the products include a cheap, miniature DAC. Anyway, that would not be able to access a pen drive.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 21:04   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by milu2fast View Post
Can the yeti bolero system play songs from aux input using an aux to USB converter and hence from a pen drive?
Why go into so much trouble? Buy a good 64GB SD card, dump songs onto them, plonk it into the SD slot of the Bolero. Play.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2013, 16:54   #1510
BHPian

The Yeti is really sturdily built. I was in Gaya in a narrow road. Traffic was heavy so I was in first gear barely able to release the clutch fully. I was crossing a by lane which was about 9 inches higher than my road when a Thela Wala lost control of his cart which was laden with about 4 bags of cement. The damn thing slammed into my Yeti and there was nothing I could do to prevent it. There was no point in saying anything to him for being such a moron so I carried on till I found space to pull over and check the damage done.

There is no dent in the two left side doors at all! Only the paint has been scrapped in a line. The team Bhp sticker I had pasted there saved me from more scratches! After this I encountered really heavy cloudbursts on the NH2 but thankfully there were no leakages from the window sill level.

I also discovered that if you switch from auto Ac to only the front vents being activated, there is no misting at all. That really is important as other posters have also found out.
Old 19th October 2013, 18:14   #1511
BHPian

I got the first service done at 12400 Kms . Total cost 9000 odd bucks which included Rs 552/00 for engine flushing. There is only one point I am concerned about. I got them to clean up the brake pads. They said the front pads will last just 4000 Kms more. The rear ones are okay. Is this sort of wear and tear normal? It seems plenty of people have complained about the tyres. The service manager was telling me they are tying up with Apollo also for Yeti size tyres. He was recommending 225/55/r16 size to some one. I asked him whether such a size would void warranty. He said no, why would it void warranty? They are going to stock the tyres in the service station only. A Rapid owner was complaining about misting in rains. I told him I had read on Team-BHP to switch to manual front blowers only and that I had used it successfully . Sorry I have forgotten who recommended it but you nailed it mate.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 19th October 2013 at 18:33.
Old 19th October 2013, 18:28   #1512
Team-BHP Support

For the record, our Yeti is closing on 35,000 kms, is driven hard by the chauffeur (who either accelerates or brakes) and the brake pads have life to be good unto the next service or more.

If the pads have worn out, ask 'em to check on brakes. It isn't normal. You Car has done 1/3 of what my Yeti has done.
Old 19th October 2013, 18:36   #1513
BHPian

I personally thought the slant portion of the brake pads showed plenty of life but I will keep it in mind.

Sheel how good is your Siliguri service station?
Old 19th October 2013, 18:47   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Sheel how good is your Siliguri service station?
In brief, they stock parts & are able to do the routine service.

Else, you don't get any follow up calls/confirmation calls (eg. for service slot or for insurance renewal)

Made their life a bit difficult after I wrote to Skoda's CC. As of now, they appear prompt & the Calcutta head of Jia Auto has provided me with his contact details.

And I believe, its almost the same everywhere.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 13:06   #1515
BHPian

I have noticed that my Yeti has started nosediving a little bit on braking now. Is that normal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks