Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2014, 11:10   #1576
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How to activate the hill-hold function in the Yeti?

Its the perfect tool in the hills as well. Did Purnia - Gangtok in 6 hours flat and that too at night. The AWD works as a charm, engine pulls and pulls. The more I drive, the more I love the car.
Its already active on the car. When on an incline leave the brakes, and it should automatically hold the brakes for 2 seconds or so giving you enough time to use the accelerator and clutch to move the car.
Old 11th January 2014, 15:01   #1577
Team-BHP Support

On hills, you sometimes need to stay stationery in an incline for long.

Sometimes I used off-road button for a very steep incline and a curve with stone chips to make it spicier and none of the wheels spinned. Whereas the 2WD VLX spinned up so much that it smoked. It simply couldn't gain traction.

And in the Yeti's driver seat, I was grinning from ear to ear. A moment to cherish and not to be forgotten easily
Old 11th January 2014, 16:02   #1578
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
How to activate the hill-hold function in the Yeti? Its the perfect tool in the hills as well. Did Purnia - Gangtok in 6 hours flat and that too at night. The AWD works as a charm, engine pulls and pulls. The more I drive, the more I love the car.
The Hill hold is a function of the braking system when on an incline. The brakes hold the vehicle for an all important few seconds when one slots it into gear, pushes the handbrake down and slowly releases the clutch to move forward. The vehicle does not roll back because the Hill Hold is active. Hill descent control works when the vehicle is facing a steep downward incline and when one is proceeding slowly down in bottom gear. The braking system works with the AWD and gearbox to ensure a controlled descent!
And yes! I agree that it is a great pleasure to drive/ own this vehicle.
Old 11th January 2014, 21:36   #1579
BHPian

The only problem I am having now is that the right wiper is making a phat sound once the tip reaches the top most corner. I have driven to Siliguri today and it rained through out the journey from Patna. Of course at speeds above hundred the wind pressure pushes water up the windscreen and I did not have to use the wipers very much. I will have it looked at once I get back.

Any suggestions short of total replacement? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Carcrazy60 : 11th January 2014 at 21:38.
Old 12th January 2014, 08:57   #1580
Team-BHP Support

Get your car checked at the local dealer, but, you will have a hard time locating the ASC.
The SM's number is 9647800570. Ask him for the Hotel which is opposite the ASC, I recall its Hotel Barsana, but unsure. Its at Matigara. Before MS & Hyundai showroom and in by-lanes.

I myself was in Siliguri till Friday with the Yeti, though today, taking the Figo for its annual visit to the Ford's ASC.
Old 12th January 2014, 14:23   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Get your car checked at the local dealer, but, you will have a hard time locating the ASC. The SM's number is 9647800570. Ask him for the Hotel which is opposite the ASC, I recall its Hotel Barsana, but unsure. Its at Matigara. Before MS & Hyundai showroom and in by-lanes. I myself was in Siliguri till Friday with the Yeti, though today, taking the Figo for its annual visit to the Ford's ASC.
Hopefully it will not rain again. It's sunny today in Siliguri. If I have some time I will check out the local dealer. Thanks for the sm's number.
Old 14th January 2014, 14:00   #1582

Guys,
Any news about the new Yeti, when will it be launched in India and will there be an DSG on offer?
I am seriously contemplating for a Yeti 4x4 auto-matic, hope it will be launched soon.
Please advise,
Cheers
Old 15th January 2014, 12:25   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Yeti facelift maybe unveiled at Auto Expo 2014.

The revised Yeti was unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year and is already on sale in some international markets it gets an added variant named Yeti Outdoor.

The Yeti in India might also get the same two variants, however, it has to be seen whether Skoda offers the 1.6-litre engine here. The 2.0-litre TDI engine might be de-tuned in favour of better economy and might offer similar power and torque ratings to the current car on sale in India.

The Yeti is now available in two models one for the city and the other one named ‘Yeti Outdoor’ a more rugged version of it. The car in some markets also sports a 1.6-litre four-cylinder TDI with an output of 103bhp for the base model with front-wheel-drive, whereas the Yeti Outdoor gets the 2.0-litre TDI engine with 168bhp mated to a six-speed DSG gearbox. The Outdoor can also be availed of in front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive.

The exterior now features a new grille, rectangular-shaped headlights with optional bi-xenons, LED daytime running lights at the front, C-shaped lights with optional LEDs and a refreshed tailgate at the rear.

Different alloy-wheel options are also offered on the all-new Yeti and four new shades of colour have been added to the brochure. The interior gets a new steering wheel, new dashboard trim, additional fabric seat trims and patterns. The optional extras include an automatic parallel parking system and a rear-view camera.

Quote:
Be Ready Skoda India will showcase the facelift version of its flagship models- Superb sedan and Yeti SUV atAET

https://twitter.com/AutoExpo2014/sta...784704/photo/1
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 14:22   #1584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal View Post
Guys,
Any news about the new Yeti, when will it be launched in India and will there be an DSG on offer?
I am seriously contemplating for a Yeti 4x4 auto-matic, hope it will be launched soon.
Please advise,
Cheers
Rahul,

I am in the same boat - got very close to signing on the dotted line, but have held back for the time being

Some things I found that might help with your decision:

1. The facelifted Yeti is not based on the new VWAG MQB platform. That is supposed to come in maybe 2 or so years later. This means that the cost is likely to be around the same as in the current Yeti.

2. The "facelift" is relatively minor and cosmetic (at least IMHO). I personally prefer the black bumper etc from the outdoor version that is in the outgoing version as well.

3. The round fog-lamps from the current version are no more and the new look is more like the new Octavia. Once again, I prefer the current look a little more.

4. The current model lacks 2 really basic features - steering control and USB audio/bluetooth (I am looking at the 4x2 since I am not much of an off-roader, but the 155 GC on the Octy does not suit my requirement) on all but the 4x4 top-end model. This unfortunate oversight is likely to get corrected in the new version from whatever the various Skoda folks I spoke to mentioned. If your looking for the 4x4 Elegance, this is not an issue.

5. The discounts are quite good now on the 2013 model Yeti's: around 1.5 lakhs and I was told this price might get revised early this year too. These discounts will not apply to the new model at least until the end of the year.

6. The 2013 models that carry the discount will be the last of the old model and I believe that production of the older model is now stopped in Europe.

7. The new model is not expected before May/June is what the dealer has informed me. The current stock is very limited (especially in Bangalore) too which might mean no availability for a few months in between.

8. The thing is that 1.2 TSI or 1.6 TDI might show up bringing the overall cost down. The 1.2TSI has about the same power range as the current 4x2.

Hope this helps with your decision. Do let me know which way you decide. Have you asked the dealers for offer's?
ddis_dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 12:43   #1585

Hey fellows,
volkman10 thanks for the info provided, which I reckon is already to my knowledge, nevertheless appreciate for sharing.

ddis_dude, thanks for your 2 cents and here are my thoughts:
1. I am aware that the face lifted Yeti is not based on the new VWAG MQB platform and so therefore I am ready to bear the costs.
2. I too like the present outgoing version with the round Fog lamps and black cladding/bumpers. So obviously will go in for the new outdoor version (rectangular fog lamps) - when it comes.
3. I am very specifically looking for a 4x4 auto-transmission and therefore will be going in for the top end version. Bluetooth and steering mounted controls don’t really bother me but USB-Ipod connectivity does.
4. Skoda pricing is revised almost every month or every quarter if I am not wrong, as I reckon around 10 months back I was being offered a discount of 1.3L but I refused for the simple reason of no DSG available.
5. May/June is quite late for the new Yeti to be launched; I am very perplexed to what to do as I don’t want a manual gearbox. I am sure the Bangalore traffic too is killing on your LEFT foot and knee.
6. If you survey the market no other car manufacturer is offering a 4x4 Auto-transmission in a price bracket of 20~30L. Next best option is Volvo-XC60, but then I will have to pull up my socks to almost double the price range. I did test drive the Rover & Q3, both have their own setbacks. Beamers are good for sedans only and Merc is too big, I still have to check it out.
7. Yeti would be perfect - small and a multi-terrain vehicle, you would be baffled to see the coverage/review BBC Topgear did on it. Clarkson landed a chopper on its roof – U can check it on the You-tube.
8. Long Waiting periods is another issue; I fear that I might end up buying a Nissan Terrano out of the whole lot. , frustrated with the unavailability of what you want….

Thanks for the input. I will wait for another 2 to 3 months and see what develops.
Cheers
Rahul.
Old 16th January 2014, 15:03   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. 2. I too like the present outgoing version with the round Fog lamps and black cladding/bumpers.. 3. I am very specifically looking for a 4x4 auto-transmission and therefore will be going in for the top end version. Bluetooth and steering mounted controls don’t really bother me but USB-Ipod connectivity does. 7. Yeti would be perfect - small and a multi-terrain vehicle, you would be baffled to see the coverage/review BBC Topgear did on it. Clarkson landed a chopper on its roof – U can check it on the You-tube. 8. Long Waiting periods is another issue; I fear that I might end up buying a Nissan Terrano out of the whole lot. , frustrated with the unavailability of what you want…. Thanks for the input. I will wait for another 2 to 3 months and see what develops. Cheers Rahul.

The present round eyed version looks really classic. I prefer it to the bland, watered down new version whose picture I ve seen.

The Yeti does have steering mounted controls for Audio and stuff. You can fit a Bluetooth phone system too without voiding the warranty. Several members here have done it.

It may not have USB compatibility but it definitely does have an AUX in jack for the iPod and iPhone - I use it everyday in my Yeti!

Yes the Yeti is a Top vehicle and Clarkson gave it a first class review in TG. I watched that episode live in the UK in March 2011 and that's what decided me on the Yeti- well his review helped tip the balance.

I am not sure what these long waiting periods you are referring to are. However you will have to wait of you are fixated on the Yeti AT.

Lastly, in comparison to the Yeti, the Terrano and Duster and EcoSport etcetera, pale miserably into insignificance. The Yeti is streets and mountains above the others named.

I speak to you only as a happy owner! No other agenda here.
Old 16th January 2014, 16:58   #1587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
It may not have USB compatibility but it definitely does have an AUX in jack for the iPod and iPhone - I use it everyday in my Yeti!
Quote:
3. I am very specifically looking for a 4x4 auto-transmission and therefore will be going in for the top end version. Bluetooth and steering mounted controls don’t really bother me but USB-Ipod connectivity does.
If I am not wrong, the OEM Skoda bluetooth module does not have USB compatibility. However, I had Dension gateway module (compatible with VAG cars) on my Yeti, and have both Bluetooth and USB connectivity. In fact, I had connected the iPod Classic 160Gb to the bolero unit through the USB and works like a charm.

Last edited by iTNerd : 16th January 2014 at 17:00.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:05   #1588

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The present round eyed version looks really classic. I prefer it to the bland, watered down new version whose picture I ve seen.

I am not sure what these long waiting periods you are referring to are. However you will have to wait of you are fixated on the Yeti AT.

Lastly, in comparison to the Yeti, the Terrano and Duster and EcoSport etcetera, pale miserably into insignificance. The Yeti is streets and mountains above the others named.

I speak to you only as a happy owner! No other agenda here.

I totally agree with your pointers.

There is no doubt that Yeti is a class apart vehicle in comparison to Duster/Eco sport/Terrano but do you think its worth spending 10L more for European styling/quality/comfort when I am not getting what I want in terms of an auto-tranny?!?
So I have two options - first wait for the new DSG Yeti to arrive in India or second buy something which is better value for money in the league of cross-overs. Therefore I had said, I would end up buying a Terrano as Duster and Eco-sport have obnoxious waiting periods, unless you are ready to shell out a few thousands to pass it under the table for an immediate delivery.

I am glad that you are happy owner in-spite of the Skoda's ASS reputation.
All I am asking is some guidance, is it worth buying the present Yeti in the manual Avatar or wait and watch the market for the newer version?
Old 17th January 2014, 19:38   #1589
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I totally agree with your pointers.

There is no doubt that Yeti is a class apart vehicle in comparison to Duster/Eco sport/Terrano but do you think its worth spending 10L more for European styling/quality/comfort when I am not getting what I want in terms of an auto-tranny?!?
So I have two options - first wait for the new DSG Yeti to arrive in India or second buy something which is better value for money in the league of cross-overs. Therefore I had said, I would end up buying a Terrano as Duster and Eco-sport have obnoxious waiting periods, unless you are ready to shell out a few thousands to pass it under the table for an immediate delivery.

I am glad that you are happy owner in-spite of the Skoda's ASS reputation.
All I am asking is some guidance, is it worth buying the present Yeti in the manual Avatar or wait and watch the market for the newer version?
I'm sure you will know in a few weeks whether it is coming with a DSG. They should announce all this at the auto expo. Also keep a look out for the VW Tiguan which shares a lot of parts with the Yeti and the Q3.

The present one is great too, unless you only drive in traffic in which case an auto makes sense. Either way the manual is pretty effortless to drive too.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 21:54   #1590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I'm sure you will know in a few weeks whether it is coming with a DSG. They should announce all this at the auto expo. Also keep a look out for the VW Tiguan which shares a lot of parts with the Yeti and the Q3. The present one is great too, unless you only drive in traffic in which case an auto makes sense. Either way the manual is pretty effortless to drive too.

The Tiguan is bound to be more expensive than the Yeti. Any idea when it is coming though? Because I am clueless.
I agree that while the Yeti AT may be desirable, the Manual is also very easy to drive and handle.
I usually smack the gear lever into neutral whenever I hit a traffic light or a jam. I never ride the clutch.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks