Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2012, 09:45   #736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

All the best with the new Yeti. The auto lock function can be set using the control buttons on the steering which helps in altering all the settings etc. Am not sure if the Ambition 4x2 comes with this or not.
No ambition does not have steering mounted controls. Auto door lock is not activated by default on ambition (mine is also not activated). One has to go to the service station to get it activated as i could not find any option in MID to activate it. I think elegance has Maxidot which allows users to change settings of activating door lock or DRLs.
Old 12th August 2012, 13:28   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy
No Shankar. There are no buttons on the steering with Ambition version. I had simple auto-cop for years and it used to lock all doors on ignition. Sitting in a car with unlocked doors is a major mental block for me and family (we are true mumbaikars ). I read reference from SushilBajpai's post that he once saw a demo mule configured to require two tugs to open a locked door from inside. I am at least hoping that to be possible with Ambition 4 x 2.

Let’s see if anybody from forum can direct me before I head to service center with this request.
Hi Samyboy
You can get the lock settings changed at the workshop. They can change it to auto lock mode on and also if you want disable the the door lock opening from the handles and the locks will open only from the door unlock button. But instead I would recommend that you use the childlock on one door - preferably right side and have your child sit on that side. This is what I also do in mine.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 13:42   #738
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi Behemoth, many thanks for the info. I have two kids with ability to surprise us at any point so single side protection could only be a half answer. Appropriately for their age, they want to touch and feel (and pull) everything they see around. An adult in the back has to keep an eye on them at all times and make sure they don't pull the door handle. I am just going to get the option set where doors will not open from inside when centrally locked.
Old 12th August 2012, 14:37   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Ex-Showroom Incl VAT: 16,28,554
Road Tax : 3,07,308
Extended Warranty : 19,382
Insurance : 62,675 (This Includes Drive Assure - 0 Depreciation Policy)
Handling and Registr. : 5000

The Handling and Other Charges Include: Cost of Numberplate about 750 , Rubber Mats which cost about 750/-, Mudflaps Front and rear which cost about 1,398.

i paid 1000 to the RTO Agent for blocking a particular number in the series on the day of registration (eg: Numbers for the day were 7113-7129 and i Blocked 7127).

Considering this the Price offered to you IMHO it is a good offer.

as regards date of Manufacture, my Vehicle had left the Plant on 13/06/2012. The VIN gave me the date of production as June 2011. another vehicle which left the plant on 25/07/2012 had the date of production as August 2011. as per my Understanding the CKD's were manufactured in Europe during those months, knocked down in Europe and imported by Skoda India and Assembled here once again in 2012.
Thanks Sunil. It is very informative.
I also feel that it is a good offer, esp considering that I suck at bargaining. I was offered mud flaps and mats free. I didn't inquire much about the brand as anything will do for me. I will check with Vinayak as well. My Fabia is serviced by Vinayak and has been decent most of the time, though time consuming.

I am more worried about the 2011 VIN thingy. It is like - spending 20 lacs on something, knowing that part of it are an year old already. There could be issues because of parts not in use for long. My wife want's a Mato brown and is not in stock with the dealer. This I guess is a good thing as they will order a new one from the factory and I won't have to settle for something sitting ideal at the dealer's yard.
Old 12th August 2012, 18:46   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy
Count one more new Yeti among the Team-BHP members. First of all, I want to thank Behemoth , Shankar, Pramods, and SushilBajpai for their firsthand accounts of Yeti. Reading their impressions of this cross-over along with terrific official review by Rehaan was really helpful in buying decision.
So if you see a Yeti zipping around in Borivali/Mumbai area with it’s summer coat of Mato brown color, that would be me. I got it OTR for 16.5L of course the 4x2 Ambition versions with MH-02 registration. Delivery was in last week of July. VIN reads manufacturing of May-12. My precondition is negotiation was that I must have 2012 in VIN, or else I am not buying it.
Now that said, I do have a question for Yeti/Ambition owners,

1. My doors don’t lock auto. Even when I touch 60kms/hr. They should over 15km/hr speed as printed in the manual. I trust this will have to be turned on by the service center. Am I right? Has anyone done this already?

2. Below is a major problem for me. I have young kids. One of them just opened a locked door from inside in the moving car. I heard the click and there was no unpleasant incident. No, I don’t want to child lock them. Sometimes, wife or parents would sit at the back and each time I will have to go around the car opening doors for them. Can I somehow raise the level of difficult in opening the door from inside? There is nothing in manual that helped.

I am still adapting to drive this car after 7 yrs of petrol hatch-back use. Loving every bit of it except for the point #2 above.
Why not activate the child lock on the rear doors. Anyways small kids are safer in the rear.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:21   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel

No ambition does not have steering mounted controls. Auto door lock is not activated by default on ambition (mine is also not activated). One has to go to the service station to get it activated as i could not find any option in MID to activate it. I think elegance has Maxidot which allows users to change settings of activating door lock or DRLs.
Actually our friend on the forum twinoctober was the one who showed me some of the settings and how to activate the same.
I am sure even the Ambition 4x2 must have some way for the user to activate these things because at least abroad I don't see the user rushing to the workshop to get something as small as this done. However I am sorry I don't know how to do it and hence can't advise you properly.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:24   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin

Thanks Sunil. It is very informative.
I also feel that it is a good offer, esp considering that I suck at bargaining. I was offered mud flaps and mats free. I didn't inquire much about the brand as anything will do for me. I will check with Vinayak as well. My Fabia is serviced by Vinayak and has been decent most of the time, though time consuming.

I am more worried about the 2011 VIN thingy. It is like - spending 20 lacs on something, knowing that part of it are an year old already. There could be issues because of parts not in use for long. My wife want's a Mato brown and is not in stock with the dealer. This I guess is a good thing as they will order a new one from the factory and I won't have to settle for something sitting ideal at the dealer's yard.
In the Yeti those rubber mud flaps and inside 4 no's textile mats and two luggage restraining nets etc come with the vehicle as standard accessories. The dealer is not doing you any favours by giving them to you free if thats what they are claiming.
Old 12th August 2012, 19:35   #743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan

Actually our friend on the forum twinoctober was the one who showed me some of the settings and how to activate the same.
I am sure even the Ambition 4x2 must have some way for the user to activate these things because at least abroad I don't see the user rushing to the workshop to get something as small as this done. However I am sorry I don't know how to do it and hence can't advise you properly.
The ambition variant doesn't have the maxidot display and has a much simpler display. With the simple version it is not possible to change any of the settings and it can only be done with a VCDS or with the VAS system which the workshops use.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 07:06   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth

The ambition variant doesn't have the maxidot display and has a much simpler display. With the simple version it is not possible to change any of the settings and it can only be done with a VCDS or with the VAS system which the workshops use.
Hi. Thanks! Does this fact apply to both 4x2 and 4x4 Ambition variants?
Old 13th August 2012, 07:55   #745
BHPian

Yes Shankar. Equipment level/features set inside the cabin are same with Ambition trim in both 4x4 and 4x2. I personally would have loved Elegance trim in 4 x 2. I am not at all a off-road type of person but I would love a little more equipment in the cabin.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 15:56   #746
Senior - BHPian

Long wheel base Yeti.
Spied: Longer Skoda Yeti for China
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 17:57   #747
BHPian

My Yeti's less than a month old & the squeaks are driving me crazy. I've got squeaks coming from somewhere on the instrument cluster & the speakers, i've tried the equaliser & reduced the bass to reduce the vibrations. I never drive fast on bad surfaces & i slow right down. Just clocked around 1200 kms, so the run in period is still on. I thought that the Yeti was well put together. But i've read on many international forums that japanese cars have the best rattle free squeak free cabins. I've planned to take it to Skoda and have it rectified. However i am a bit skeptical this being a small issue. If it does'nt get sorted should i take it to a reputed after market guy to install dampening material & the lot?
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 20:06   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
My Yeti's less than a month old & the squeaks are driving me crazy.....I thought that the Yeti was well put together. ...
Mine too; to the point that I am embarrassed when I tell my folks that Yeti was a 2 Million Rupees Car. In contrast my Linea T-Jet at less than half its price, and also which I thought people used to question w.r.t fit and finish on account of being a Fiat, is as quiet as an anechoic chamber.
xplorauto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2012, 22:45   #749
BHPian

I think its coming from the chrome ring in center console. I am going to try and get it fixed in 7500 km check which is going in next week.
Just to mention I am now in bangalore and will be heading toward shirdi tomorrow morning. Have ran almost 3400 kms so far in this trip. And the total car run is 5500 so far
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2012, 00:06   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I think its coming from the chrome ring in center console. I am going to try and get it fixed in 7500 km check which is going in next week.
Just to mention I am now in bangalore and will be heading toward shirdi tomorrow morning. Have ran almost 3400 kms so far in this trip. And the total car run is 5500 so far
Great going! How are the geolanders holding up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks