Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 16:58   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I went to the dealer yesterday to collect the registration paper. I was told to bring the Yeti to the service center to make some changes in the ECU for optimum fuel efficiency. Any new buyers, were you informed by your dealer about the same? I am guessing it is something to do with a new software upgrade or some mechanical tweaks.
Old 6th August 2012, 11:23   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Here's picture of star mats.
Thank you for the pictures.
Maybe off topic, but isn't it better to put in some sort of carpet lamination below? I can see there are gaps at the edges, just like the stock carpet in any car. I am looking at something to avoid this. Cleaning the mats is easier than cleaning the carpet since it is not removable and made of some fabric like material.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:17   #723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yep, this is what i noted in my post.
I am getting 1.3 lakhs discount in 2012 Model but VIN shows it as a 2011 Model.
Hope you people is getting clear in my mentioned Year of the Model.
So obviously, I am offered only half of dicount as you people got for your car.
Finally i got an offer of 1.8 Lakhs. Sales Manager has given a call and informed on saturday and seems some more no:of bookings of Yeti from this dealer to Skoda which benefits this discounts.
Still not decided on buying Yeti as well as a New Car
Old 6th August 2012, 22:21   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
The wheel arch kit is not standard. Its a genuine Skoda Accessory. They cost 14990/-. I did not get any PM.
@autoskooll,
is the cost you mentioned inclusive of all taxes and were you charged separately for the installation?
Old 7th August 2012, 10:22   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thank you for the pictures.
Maybe off topic, but isn't it better to put in some sort of carpet lamination below? I can see there are gaps at the edges, just like the stock carpet in any car. I am looking at something to avoid this. Cleaning the mats is easier than cleaning the carpet since it is not removable and made of some fabric like material.

Please refer to this Thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...boon-bane.html

Carpet lamination results in lockage of Moisture between the floor and the Lamination. this overtime results in mould formation on the OE carpet as well as corrosion of the floor. Not to forget the Strong Smell of the Laminating Material that lingers around in the car for years. This gets circulated through the AC system and these fumes could be harmful to health
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Finally i got an offer of 1.8 Lakhs. Sales Manager has given a call and informed on saturday and seems some more no:of bookings of Yeti from this dealer to Skoda which benefits this discounts.
Still not decided on buying Yeti as well as a New Car

advance Congrats! The yeti is the Best upgrade from the Linea. Since you had a Linea and i also owned one, the Upgrade seems really worth it. Go for it! 1.80 in South India is quite a Good deal. however find out if this 1.80 is on the OTR or Ex Showroom. if its ex-showroom you will save quite a bit on Insurance, Road Tax etc.

Note from the Team-BHP Support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2012 at 13:16.
Old 9th August 2012, 08:24   #726
BHPian

Tonight, I am gonna start my trip down south on my yeti. Itinerary is Delhi - Mumbai - Goa - Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad - Delhi with stays in Mumbai, Goa and bangalore. If time permits I may extend till kanyakumari. However this whole trip is around 6k kms and my car has already ran 2500 kms, thus making it almost 8500 - 9000 kms when i return. I had a chat with GM (my dealer) about this trip and asked him about the 7500 kms/6months checkup and he confirmed not to worry about any warranty issue (on account of over run for the checkup). What do you guys suggest?

PS: First few pics of my yeti on the forum
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0876.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0877.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_08751.jpg  

abbey4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2012, 08:28   #727
BHPian

Congrats and all the best for the Road Trip! the 7500 KM service doesnt find any mention in the service Booklet. its just a general checkup
Old 9th August 2012, 13:37   #728
BHPian

Does anyone know about any plans for Yeti 4x4 with AT either in 2.0 Tdi or 1.8Tsi?
I am very much interested in buying this car but only with the AT and preferably with xenons and sunroof also.
Old 10th August 2012, 09:28   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor
Does anyone know about any plans for Yeti 4x4 with AT either in 2.0 Tdi or 1.8Tsi?
I am very much interested in buying this car but only with the AT and preferably with xenons and sunroof also.
From what I have heard, there is a chance that Skoda will release an L&k version of the Yeti with AT around diwali time. But it could touch almost 19L ex showroom. If you budget is upto 30, you can also consider the Audi Q3 as another option.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 22:40   #730
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
Tonight, I am gonna start my trip down south on my yeti. Itinerary is Delhi - Mumbai - Goa - Bangalore - Pune - Ahmedabad - Delhi with stays in Mumbai, Goa and bangalore. If time permits I may extend till kanyakumari. However this whole trip is around 6k kms and my car has already ran 2500 kms, thus making it almost 8500 - 9000 kms when i return. I had a chat with GM (my dealer) about this trip and asked him about the 7500 kms/6months checkup and he confirmed not to worry about any warranty issue (on account of over run for the checkup). What do you guys suggest?

PS: First few pics of my yeti on the forum
Wish you the best for your trip. Don't worry about the 7500kms checkup. That is exactly what it is, a checkup. Not a service.
Plus, if you really feel like you can always pop into a Skoda dealership on your travels, around the time you are hitting 7.5k kms and have the vehicle looked at!
Old 11th August 2012, 23:22   #731
BHPian

Hi,
I went to Tafe on Hosur road today. They are offering 2 lacs discount on 4X4 Elegance and 1 lac on 4X4 Ambitions. This is the Independence day offer till 31st Aug. According to them, Aurangabad doesn't have any vehicle with VIN after Nov 2011. They do have for Laura but not for Yeti.

Do you guys think it is a good deal? The OTR is 22.4 lacs with Skoda shield and without discount. I haven't bargained more yet.

Last edited by fi.robin : 11th August 2012 at 23:25.
Old 12th August 2012, 07:33   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
Hi,
I went to Tafe on Hosur road today. They are offering 2 lacs discount on 4X4 Elegance and 1 lac on 4X4 Ambitions. This is the Independence day offer till 31st Aug. According to them, Aurangabad doesn't have any vehicle with VIN after Nov 2011. They do have for Laura but not for Yeti.

Do you guys think it is a good deal? The OTR is 22.4 lacs with Skoda shield and without discount. I haven't bargained more yet.
I bought my yeti on the first on the 31st of July 2012, in view of the Proposed 2% hike by Skoda caused by the Depreciating Rupee and the Proposed .5% hike in Karnataka VAT caused by the Never ending hunger of our Political leaders

i was offered a final deal 20,22,919 from the OTR price of 22,18,428.

The Break up of Costs Being:

Ex-Showroom Incl VAT: 16,28,554
Road Tax : 3,07,308
Extended Warranty : 19,382
Insurance : 62,675 (This Includes Drive Assure - 0 Depreciation Policy)
Handling and Registr. : 5000

The Handling and Other Charges Include: Cost of Numberplate about 750 , Rubber Mats which cost about 750/-, Mudflaps Front and rear which cost about 1,398.

i paid 1000 to the RTO Agent for blocking a particular number in the series on the day of registration (eg: Numbers for the day were 7113-7129 and i Blocked 7127).

I have a 35% NCB from my Old Car, so i would be getting a refund of about 12000/- in about a weeks time from Bajaj Allianz. That gets my Net Cost of Purchase to 20,10,919. if you opt out of Drive Assure and go only with ordinary Insurance without depreciation guard then you save another 15,507

Considering this the Price offered to you IMHO it is a good offer.

as regards date of Manufacture, my Vehicle had left the Plant on 13/06/2012. The VIN gave me the date of production as June 2011. another vehicle which left the plant on 25/07/2012 had the date of production as August 2011. as per my Understanding the CKD's were manufactured in Europe during those months, knocked down in Europe and imported by Skoda India and Assembled here once again in 2012.

Contact Jose Thomas at Tafe, and he will guide you through the deal with much ease. Also he has been extremely helpful and co-operative with the accessory procurement. for more details on how this has happened view my Thread on the Yeti: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2869101

Last edited by Sunilrj : 12th August 2012 at 07:38.
Old 12th August 2012, 08:11   #733
BHPian

Count one more new Yeti among the Team-BHP members. First of all, I want to thank Behemoth , Shankar, Pramods, and SushilBajpai for their firsthand accounts of Yeti. Reading their impressions of this cross-over along with terrific official review by Rehaan was really helpful in buying decision.
So if you see a Yeti zipping around in Borivali/Mumbai area with it’s summer coat of Mato brown color, that would be me. I got it OTR for 16.5L of course the 4x2 Ambition versions with MH-02 registration. Delivery was in last week of July. VIN reads manufacturing of May-12. My precondition is negotiation was that I must have 2012 in VIN, or else I am not buying it.
Now that said, I do have a question for Yeti/Ambition owners,

1. My doors don’t lock auto. Even when I touch 60kms/hr. They should over 15km/hr speed as printed in the manual. I trust this will have to be turned on by the service center. Am I right? Has anyone done this already?

2. Below is a major problem for me. I have young kids. One of them just opened a locked door from inside in the moving car. I heard the click and there was no unpleasant incident. No, I don’t want to child lock them. Sometimes, wife or parents would sit at the back and each time I will have to go around the car opening doors for them. Can I somehow raise the level of difficult in opening the door from inside? There is nothing in manual that helped.

I am still adapting to drive this car after 7 yrs of petrol hatch-back use. Loving every bit of it except for the point #2 above.
Old 12th August 2012, 08:34   #734
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy

1. My doors don’t lock auto. Even when I touch 60kms/hr. They should over 15km/hr speed as printed in the manual. I trust this will have to be turned on by the service center. Am I right? Has anyone done this already?

2. Below is a major problem for me. I have young kids. One of them just opened a locked door from inside in the moving car. I heard the click and there was no unpleasant incident. No, I don’t want to child lock them. Sometimes, wife or parents would sit at the back and each time I will have to go around the car opening doors for them. Can I somehow raise the level of difficult in opening the door from inside? There is nothing in manual that helped.

I am still adapting to drive this car after 7 yrs of petrol hatch-back use. Loving every bit of it except for the point #2 above.
All the best with the new Yeti. The auto lock function can be set using the control buttons on the steering which helps in altering all the settings etc. Am not sure if the Ambition 4x2 comes with this or not.
Old 12th August 2012, 09:26   #735
BHPian

No Shankar. There are no buttons on the steering with Ambition version. I had simple auto-cop for years and it used to lock all doors on ignition. Sitting in a car with unlocked doors is a major mental block for me and family (we are true mumbaikars ). I read reference from SushilBajpai's post that he once saw a demo mule configured to require two tugs to open a locked door from inside. I am at least hoping that to be possible with Ambition 4 x 2.

Let’s see if anybody from forum can direct me before I head to service center with this request.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks