Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 07:38   #631
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

HI,

Anyone on this forum or Moderators who can help me find the contacts or mail Id's of skoda top brass so that i could mail them the pics of how the underbody of a brand new Yeti looks .

thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 09:39   #632
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
HI,

Anyone on this forum or Moderators who can help me find the contacts or mail Id's of skoda top brass so that i could mail them the pics of how the underbody of a brand new Yeti looks .

thanks
Hi TwinOctober,

Really sad to see this kind of damage on your Yeti. I have mailed you the email IDs - please reach out to them and bring to their attention. Let's hope that they replace / repair this part to your satisfaction.

Where exactly is this part located? It seems to be badly damaged from an underbody hit (as if driven over a very large stone). I doubt that this sort of damage could have happened at factory or in transit - this kind of damage can happen only on roads (probably when in transit to dealer and being driven).

All the best and hope for a quick resolution.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 10:05   #633
Senior - BHPian

WOW... this is really shocking... no wonder why they're throwing huge discounts!

Would it be fair only to make payment on the day of delivery or in advance?
Old 20th July 2012, 10:15   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Yo, My Yeti came home yesterday evening.

1. I was shocked to see on the lower body rusted just in front of the rear right tyre.
2. opened the bonnet to see that the Black dampening material had some white Fluid markings ( guess its from the battery) which is going to reduce the life of the Dampening Material.
None of these are pardonable! You'd be better off getting a new vehicle altogether. This is a sign of poor assembly and there could be many joints which are weak. Please escalate to Skoda asap!
Old 20th July 2012, 20:27   #635
BHPian

Hi, Yetian's do me a favour. can you all please have a look( where the jack is supposed to be) underneath your vehicle and see if you notice the metal opened like in the picture. you should notice 3 openings on each side. if you see that then its a Yeti or skoda underbody design. Please ping me here.

I had been to the service centre and the Gm service assured that he can close the opened metal and do a spot welding but then i found another yeti come for service so decide to go under and have a look,upon inspection i found a a similar opening but more uniform and parallel compared to my vehicle which made me rethink that this could be the place for jack. I am not 100% sure though. You guys have to confirm if similar opening is noticed.

2. I decide to have a look under the bonnet and see the pic what i found. Mould/fungus.

3. while riding over a pothole the ticket holder( apparently broken by some one cleaned and was just squeezed in) fell off.

i wonder what more unpleasant surprise in store. I REALLY HOPE NO MORE.

I am breaking my head and do not want to believe that i was given a damaged vehicle.....

thanks for your kind words.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-b-new.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-ub1.jpg  

Old 20th July 2012, 21:26   #636
BHPian

Hi,
It is sad to see So many defects on a car that is just a couple of days old.
You must ask for a replacement vehicle IMO.
If they say it is a 2011 car so it is bound to have some defects, that is utter nonsense.
Wait for reply from higher authorities of skoda and nothing works out may b u can visit a consumer court.
Good Luck
Old 20th July 2012, 23:22   #637
BHPian

twinoctober - this is unacceptable for a new car, you paid a lot of money for this. These pictures are really offputting. Why hesitate, you must get a brand new zero defect car. No point spending tons of money and getting stressed about it. Don't accept it. Please seek out the opinion of the Yeti experts here, Shankar, Pramods and others asap.
Old 20th July 2012, 23:31   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober
Hi, Yetian's do me a favour. can you all please have a look( where the jack is supposed to be) underneath your vehicle and see if you notice the metal opened like in the picture. you should notice 3 openings on each side. if you see that then its a Yeti or skoda underbody design. Please ping me here.

I had been to the service centre and the Gm service assured that he can close the opened metal and do a spot welding but then i found another yeti come for service so decide to go under and have a look,upon inspection i found a a similar opening but more uniform and parallel compared to my vehicle which made me rethink that this could be the place for jack. I am not 100% sure though. You guys have to confirm if similar opening is noticed.

2. I decide to have a look under the bonnet and see the pic what i found. Mould/fungus.

3. while riding over a pothole the ticket holder( apparently broken by some one cleaned and was just squeezed in) fell off.

i wonder what more unpleasant surprise in store. I REALLY HOPE NO MORE.

I am breaking my head and do not want to believe that i was given a damaged vehicle.....

thanks for your kind words.
Hi
You saw under my Yeti and that funny little metal opening is clearly there. However it is quite uniform in my case.
I will check it again when I ramp it for cleaning which I intend to do in a couple of days.

The mould or fungus on the damper is not acceptable and nor is that place where it is scuffed. It has to be replaced.
The ticket holder being broken is also not ok and has to be replaced.
I don't think your vehicle is damaged per se from what I saw of it last night.
However, the underbody gap has got to be checked out by the service guys and you must send all these pictures to Skoda.
All the best
SB
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:02   #639
BHPian

Hi twinoctober,

whats the update on your case?
how is skoda gonna resolve the issue?
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:27   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel
Hi twinoctober,

whats the update on your case?
how is skoda gonna resolve the issue?
Hi,

I think i have sorted out the issues? One thing I realized is that when you buy a skoda you should expect any kind of service either from sales or technical , which means you take the bull by its horn
Which is exactly what I did. I had to gone to the workshop 2 days in a row and made everyone fall in line.
1. Enquired as to who did the PDI? So each one asked one another and no one admitted that they did. I never got an answer.

I asked for a fresh PDI right in front of me. I made them hook up the VAS and personally Checked that the firmware was up to date and all system OK.

2. Got them to hoist and do an underbody check.

3. Replaced the broken ticket holder and the dampening material under the bonnet.

4. Wash+ polish.

Before I left took one of the guys aside to find out what went wrong with the first PDI . He said its internal politics( sabotage) . I could make out most of the mechanics had lousy, irresponsible attitude. The workshop is a mess as nothing is in order with equipment lying around. Hardly much place to move around. Not the kind of workshops of Hyundai, Toyota or Maruthi. I could feel their is no involvement from the senior management .

So, my conclusion is that unless you are ready to take problems head on or have alternative worships you can depend upon you asking for sleepless nights if your vehicle has issues...having said that skoda vehicles are tough and awesome to drive. I am thoroughly enjoying my Yeti.

Hope I do not have to return to that lousy workshop ever. I wonder what kind of workshop does TAFE have? Anyone..

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:31   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi,

I think i have sorted out the issues? One thing I realized is that when you buy a skoda you should expect any kind of service either from sales or technical , which means you take the bull by its horn
Which is exactly what I did. I had to gone to the workshop 2 days in a row and made everyone fall in line.
1. Enquired as to who did the PDI? So each one asked one another and no one admitted that they did. I never got an answer.

I asked for a fresh PDI right in front of me. I made them hook up the VAS and personally Checked that the firmware was up to date and all system OK.

2. Got them to hoist and do an underbody check.

3. Replaced the broken ticket holder and the dampening material under the bonnet.

4. Wash+ polish.

Before I left took one of the guys aside to find out what went wrong with the first PDI . He said its internal politics( sabotage) . I could make out most of the mechanics had lousy, irresponsible attitude. The workshop is a mess as nothing is in order with equipment lying around. Hardly much place to move around. Not the kind of workshops of Hyundai, Toyota or Maruthi. I could feel their is no involvement from the senior management .

So, my conclusion is that unless you are ready to take problems head on or have alternative worships you can depend upon you asking for sleepless nights if your vehicle has issues...having said that skoda vehicles are tough and awesome to drive. I am thoroughly enjoying my Yeti.

Hope I do not have to return to that lousy workshop ever. I wonder what kind of workshop does TAFE have? Anyone..

Cheers
Go and meet Mr. Aiyanna the GM and Prem, the Service Advisor at KR Puram and ask them for help. I met them last Saturday and got my Yeti inspected since it has done 7400 kms. No problems at all and both the people named were very helpful indeed. So far so good.

TAFE may not look after your vehicle since you bought it at Vinayak. That could be a bigger political scenario to contend with.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd July 2012 at 18:33.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:27   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Go and meet Mr. Aiyanna the GM and Prem, the Service Advisor at KR Puram and ask them for help. I met them last Saturday and got my Yeti inspected since it has done 7400 kms. No problems at all and both the people named were very helpful indeed. So far so good.

TAFE may not look after your vehicle since you bought it at Vinayak. That could be a bigger political scenario to contend with.
Shankar, I met all of them as i said they all lined up
Aiyanna pleaded to me not to escalate it up.
Did you sit in the lobby ? then u missed what was happening inside.

Probably mine was a one off issue and i hope no one else have to experience it.
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:41   #643
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shankar, I met all of them as i said they all lined up
Aiyanna pleaded to me not to escalate it up.
Did you sit in the lobby ? then u missed what was happening inside.

Probably mine was a one off issue and i hope no one else have to experience it.
I sat in Aiyanna's cabin and drank tea and ate biscuits with my Dad and Aiyanna.
Prem took my key and then one hour amd ten minutes later when the vehicle was checked and ready he called me down and I went and inspected the vehicle. He had the key with him and he had sat with the vehicle when the check was being done. He told me beforehand itself that he would do that because I had not cleared the vehicle of all my personal stuff. As it happens, everything was intact when I got the vehicle back.
He then gave me a few small tips on the vehicle and then entered the details into the job track system and asked me to call him one or two days prior to the likely first service date. They said they would send a driver home to pick up the vehicle for its servicing.
They had put a plastic sheet over the seats and cleaned the air filter, checked all fluids and gave the vehicle a clean chit. It felt better to drive with a clean air filter on the way back.

I know that all these dealers are full of guff but the same way that one does not generally enter the kitchen in the restaurant, one ought to not disappoint one's self by entering the workshop floor too.

Have you watched Hell's Kitchen and the way Gordon Ramsay rams his staff? I simply would not want to eat in one of his restaurants however highly accoladed he may be.

To avoid disappointment and the kind of typical frustrations and petty politics one sees in these workshops I prefer NOT to go in there on a busy day. Much rather spend my time building requisite relationships with the Service Engineers and the Chief of the place. It worked very well for me at M&M so I am trying to replicate the same at Skoda.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd July 2012 at 19:43.
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:14   #644
BHPian

hahhaha Shankar, you cannot compare kitchen to the workshop simply because if you were to get food poisoning from the restaurant will you go back to the same place???

Simple I cannot imagine a professional workshop / bodyshop like Vinayaks
my way is to be on the shop floor if the issue is critical only and no workshop has stopped me.
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:36   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Really sad to see this kind of damage on your Yeti.
On an off note Behemoth, where do you get your Skoda serviced? as I am looking for the most professional Skoda dealer in the NCR. I was quite disappointed by the Faridabad Dealer (Giriraj/Arshia) as the service area was quite messy same as faced by twinoctober in Bangalore. Also suggest some good non-authorised service garage for Skoda around Faridabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks