Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 15:43   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
for Kagu-3d a dealer is quoting me 7.2k. I thought they are around 5k. What kind of Kagu mats do you guys suggest?
Someone suggested these Star Mats to me - SKODA Yeti Star Mats,Buy SKODA Yeti Mats,Yeti Car Floor Mats Suppliers in Delhi India which seem to be better than Kagu mats to me and they also have long wearing metal foot pads for the driver's mat for longer life and they cost just 3200 bucks with free shipping.

Rest these sealants and coatings are much over hyped and a overkill IMHO for a new vehicle.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 15:54   #707
BHPian

I purchased mats from 3m, these are cut to the size of the vehicle and soak water and dust like a sponge and maintain dry on the surface. They are both fire retardant and non skid. For cleaning one has to remove them and flip to remove the collected dust and water. I was going to buy the Kagu 3d mats but after I saw these, they made more sense. It's essentially like a thick carpet which is spongelike and traps all the unwanted dust, pebbles, dirt etc in the lower level. They costed apprx 5k.
faraz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 18:08   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
Someone suggested these Star Mats to me - SKODA Yeti Star Mats,Buy SKODA Yeti Mats,Yeti Car Floor Mats Suppliers in Delhi India which seem to be better than Kagu mats to me and they also have long wearing metal foot pads for the driver's mat for longer life and they cost just 3200 bucks with free shipping.
Ok.. Have ordered a set of these star mats. Lets see how it turns out in terms of long term wear n tear.
Old 30th July 2012, 22:15   #709
BHPian

Starmats are good for the price. I am using one for yeti
Old 31st July 2012, 12:31   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Starmats are good for the price. I am using one for yeti
Can you please post some pictures showing the mats in your car? I am interested in seeing how much is the gap between the mat edge and the door (I don't have a Yeti, though).
Old 31st July 2012, 17:24   #711
BHPian

Here's picture of star mats.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0004.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0009.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0007.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0011.jpg  

abbey4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 06:34   #712
BHPian

These mats are jsut like Kagu Mats. Kagu Mats (front) have got a hole with a Plastic frame into which the Mat holder on the floor of the Yeti Goes.
Old 2nd August 2012, 17:03   #713

Skoda Yeti Problems & Solutions

Hi, I am facing a problem with my yeti - having clocked 8500kms, the clutch has failed; upon visiting the Autobahn service station they have asked to replace it. The worst part is that though the car is just a year old, i have started facing such major technical problems. Clutch assembly kits should not wear of so prematurely, yet i have faced this problem.

I have a Laura too, but never face this problem. Why so with the Yeti ?
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:00   #714
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti Problems within one year of purchase

I don't think its limited to you alone. My cousin had his clutch replaced in the second month when he was travelling from Chennai to Kerala. The worst part was that the dealers (Gurudev- same all over TN)at Vellore, where it happened, were not able to solve it for two days! He was stuck in middle of nowhere for two days because of this. Luckily he was alone and not travelling with family.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:14   #715
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach76 View Post
Hi, I am facing a problem with my yeti - having clocked 8500kms, the clutch has failed; upon visiting the Autobahn service station they have asked to replace it. The worst part is that though the car is just a year old, i have started facing such major technical problems. Clutch assembly kits should not wear of so prematurely, yet i have faced this problem.

Is your Laura a manual variant too?
How much has it clocked? Which year?

On a serious note, can you explain the symptoms of the issue if any, and the parts that were/are replaced?

I m sure the replacement would have been done under extended warranty but it would be good to know the potential expenses involved had the same failure happened outside the warranty period.

Did you, by any chance, purchase one of the older models of the Yeti, like many others have? What is its date of manufacture?

@MODS: This thread needs to be moved to the "Technical Stuff" section with a modified title: "Skoda Yeti: Problems and Solutions" so that it can become the mother thread for all Yeti issues.

Last edited by n.devdath : 3rd August 2012 at 11:16.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:26   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is your Laura a manual variant too?
How much has it clocked? Which year?

On a serious note, can you explain the symptoms of the issue if any, and the parts that were/are replaced?

I m sure the replacement would have been done under extended warranty but it would be good to know the potential expenses involved had the same failure happened outside the warranty period.

Did you, by any chance, purchase one of the older models of the Yeti, like many others have? What is its date of manufacture?

@MODS: This thread needs to be moved to the "Technical Stuff" section with a modified title: "Skoda Yeti: Problems and Solutions" so that it can become the mother thread for all Yeti issues.
i have discussed about this in detail with the workshop incharge and service manager of skoda. in the TD Yeti Vehicle, which was transferred from Bangalore to Mangalorethey had faced this problem. however on deeper investigation it was found that some sales executives had strained the cluth so much that it was not only burnt but charged and still the vehicle was roadworthy. the part that had given way was a small one, i guess the release bearing in the clutch assembly. need to verify this though
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:43   #717
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
some sales executives had strained the cluth so much that it was not only burnt but charged and still the vehicle was roadworthy.
I understand that clutch misuse/abuse can result in this but here, the OP has clearly stated that he owns a Laura, probably a manual and that his Yeti has done only 8500kms and I do not think any owner would abuse his vehicle to that extent.

Let us wait for his response.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:46   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I understand that clutch misuse/abuse can result in this but here, the OP has clearly stated that he owns a Laura, probably a manual and that his Yeti has done only 8500kms and I do not think any owner would abuse his vehicle to that extent.

Let us wait for his response.
Dev, what i want to convey is that it may not be clutch failure as feared, but a failure of a smaller component which could have been defective. i didnt mean that the OP has abused the vehicle.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:24   #719
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti Problems & Solutions

Many Yeti owners/test drivers say that the clutch bites suddenly because of which they stall the car many times. This could mean that lots of users might be "riding the clutch" in stop-go traffic. That could be the cause for premature clutch wear.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:28   #720
BANNED

Re: Skoda Yeti Problems & Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybach76 View Post
One of the major known issues with the Yeti is that it has a very sensitive clutch. The only solution is to be extra careful and ensure that you do not ride the clutch and avoid any situation that puts load on the clutch. Otherwise the Yeti is a fantastic car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks