Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 18:44   #691
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

@autoskooll - Nice pics. Are the black wheel arch mouldings standard now or did you get those fitted? By the way, did you get my PM?
Old 27th July 2012, 19:03   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll
My brand new Yeti Elegance 4x4 which i got last week.
Love your car. With side cladding it's like another beast.
Now I am going to realpolitik my decision on buying same color, model and cladding too.
Possible blacken the B pillar. Might be, it'll enhance the over all look.
One of the beautiful yeti in T-Bhp.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 19:10   #693
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

nitin: Atleast 2 or 3 members have been given 2.25 L by Vinayak - specifically because of the number of referrals going to their GM Hemanth and the fact that obviously he wants to shift some stock!

AutoSkooll: those side claddings look wonderful - may I request more information as to where they are from and what they cost please? I would like to do the same for my Yeti too.

MandarMax: the 110 and 140BHP versions are different in that the 140BHP ones are also 4WD and of course are of a higher trim level etc.
The drive-ability of the 110 in our type of stop start city conditions is more than fine. Also on account of its front wheel drive setup with a light clutch, it is less prone to stalling unlike the 4x4 version.
But it is true that while overtaking and on the highways the surge of power from the 140BHP is really nice - lots of nice G Forces pushing you back into the seat!

And since AutoSkooll is a Newbie none of us can PM him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Thats not true. The maximum discount offered in Bangalore is 1.5L.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th July 2012 at 19:22.
Old 27th July 2012, 21:38   #694
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Thats one beautiful Yeti!
Old 28th July 2012, 17:04   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
@autoskooll - Nice pics. Are the black wheel arch mouldings standard now or did you get those fitted? By the way, did you get my PM?

The wheel arch kit is not standard. Its a genuine Skoda Accessory. They cost 14990/-. I did not get any PM.
Old 28th July 2012, 23:53   #696
BHPian

Hey bhpians, happy to announce my booking of a 4x4 elegance in Mato Brown yesterday with Vinayak Cars. Didn't have much of a choice with colors but Hemanth, the GM there, was very helpful indeed. Mato Brown is probably a Yeti specific color and I do like that aspect of the shade in that sense, so nothing much to complain about. I was also told that there were only a couple of 4x4s, both in Mato Browns, left in the elegance trim and I could choose one from the pair. So had been to the stock yard today to make my pick.

While one was a showroom unit, it was also newer by a month (October 2011) and was lesser on the ODO reading (25 kms) to the other which was stocked in the yard and had done a little over 70 kms. The stock yard unit however looked a bit fresher in the inside although I could not figure out much of the outside state on account of thick grime accumulated by months of dust and rain. On the other hand it appeared to me that the showroom piece had perhaps developed some fine hair line scratches possibly from watches, ornaments or keys of customers while trying to check out the product. That of course was vehemently dismissed by the showroom staff as sticker gum marks that can be removed easily. Although I am not so convinced those were what they said they were. I also observed that the stock yard unit was stripped off the under bonnet sound insulation pads and the fasten clips were put aside in one corner of the engine bay.I couldn't find the noise insuation pad anywhere though. On inquiring with the staff who accompanied me, he confidently stated that the Yeti does not come with one. However, the showroom unit had the pad intact. Hemanth ofcourse says that all those issues would be set right during PDI and I have no reason to suspect that they wont be. But sometimes choice does cause confusion especially when when you know at the back of your mind that neither of these units are exactly in their pristine mint fresh condition. But thats a tradeoff one has to accept in liu of leveraging heavy discounts.

Nevertheless, will have to decide on the unit before monday 12pm as the car has to be sent for registration before the end of the month or else Hemanth cautions me that I would have to pay an additional 2% VAT. So folks, your recommendations to help me choose the unit is sincerely solicited and would be truly appreciated. Hopefully, if the SBI fellows clear the loan application and by monday the beast can come and be greeted by the beauty(Linea T-Jet Plus) in my garage on the first day of August.

And one more thing before I forget, on the way to the stock yard, managed to chase down Shankar Balan. Thanks a zillion Shankar, for your time the other day when I called you up and perhaps bored you to death.
Old 29th July 2012, 04:50   #697
BHPian

Dear All,

Took delivery of the Silver Yeti 4x4 on the 27th from Senator motors, every thing was smooth. Straight away went to the fuel pump where the monster gulped down 53 L of diesel. The drive home was greeted by heavy traffic on the WEH :-(. Stalled a couple of time. Night did some amount of cruising, managed to slot in the 6th. Keeping the speed below 80 and revs low till I run in the engine.

Next day visited the 3M Andheri, got the new paint sealant, 3M mats (unique product), CR-70 , engine bay coating done. 36 K for the entire thing, got a 10 % disc. Love the feeling of flooring the accelerator on the 2nd and being pushed back into the seat.

Cheers !!
Old 29th July 2012, 12:03   #698
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto

And one more thing before I forget, on the way to the stock yard, managed to chase down Shankar Balan. Thanks a zillion Shankar, for your time the other day when I called you up and perhaps bored you to death.
Hi
I wish you all the best!
I was wondering who it was chasing me as I was as usual chatting to my father and tootling along the road.
Glad you are getting the Yeti finally.
Always glad to help where possible.
Suggest take the yard vehicle but tell them that they need to have the under bonnet damper in place when they deliver. It comes standard with the car.
Now after reading about and seeing pics of AutoSkooll's Yeti I also want those wheel arch claddings!
Old 29th July 2012, 20:42   #699
BHPian

does anyone know how can i adjust height of fog lamps?
Old 29th July 2012, 22:08   #700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
You can adjust the throw of the foglamps with the help of an allen key. Park the car facing a wall, switch them on and adjust the allen screws to move up or down. The same can be done to the main headlights. There are also lateral adjustments possible, but dont recommend disturbing them.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2012, 23:01   #701
Distinguished - BHPian

Fog lamps are intended to illuminate the road just in front of the car. If you do not get much fog in your area, use them for last-minute pot-hole spotting! (Oh, sorry... Delhi, plenty of fog, I guess!)

Alignment of lights should be done by a professional, with proper equipment only.
Old 30th July 2012, 00:59   #702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
The two lamps advertized as 'Fog Lamps' on most vehicles are really driving lamps meant to enhance visibility (for other road users) of your vehicle in poor lighting conditions (including fog). These are required to be switched on at all times in certain environments like most of Europe.

They are not meant to enhance your visibility of the road in the dark and will not help you see the road better no matter how much you try to adjust their throw.

If you want to see better in the fog you need coloured lenses/bulbs. Preferably yellow.

PS: On the Yeti, the cornering function helps aid visibility of nearby corners. However, with white lights I doubt their usefulness in thick fog as all you will see is a wall of white.

Last edited by Steeroid : 30th July 2012 at 01:03.
Old 30th July 2012, 02:52   #703
BHPian

After a week of having the car,i've noticed that the A,C, & D pillars have developed light swirls & imo they will only get worse with time.So I'm planning on getting 3M scotchgard paint protection film applied on them. I was initially thinking of making them matt black but then realised that it would ruin the look & hence it would be better to retain the gloss.
I'm also planning to get the film done on the lower side of the doors, front bumper, ovrms, handles etc.
Old 30th July 2012, 12:18   #704
BHPian

Hi Guys,

So just like Faraz I also took delivery of a 4x2 Amb Yeti from Senator motors Mumbai on 27th July. Have installed Caska. The freebies from dealer includes Chrome exhaust pipe, wooden panelling, and other standard stuff like mud flaps, cheap floor mats.

I am planning to get the sunblinds and Kagu mats. for Kagu-3d a dealer is quoting me 7.2k. I thought they are around 5k. What kind of Kagu mats do you guys suggest?
Also, is the paint sealant and engine bat coating recommended?

-sagpatel
Old 30th July 2012, 15:19   #705
BHPian

Thanks, I was able to adjust the height so i can use the fogs as low beam when my main headlamp is high beamed. There is a hole for allen key on top of both fog and headlamp. Not sure where the lateral adjustment hole/key is and in any case i didn't want to touch that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks