Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 23:49   #676
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Congrats on your purchase. How was your overall buying experience? Any advice for dealing with Europa?

So did the dealer tell you this was 2011 car or 2012 car? Also, almost one year between manufacturing and assembly. Is this normal?

EDIT: One more question - The Ambition 4x4 and Elegance have the same state of engine tune and gearbox, correct?
1.Well its a long story, I originally booked the car in april & wanted delivery in early June. Later learned that we were being allotted the showroom model. So canceled the booking & went to Asset Auto Wagholi who promised us that they didn't have a display piece & would be a fresh order directly from the Factory. They were also giving us a better deal at 1.35 lacs (Europa 1 lac only -EARLIER).We were particular about the colour -CAPPUCCINO BEIGE & was promised delivery in 3-4 days. A week passed. We were impatient & the dealer (Asset Auto) was giving us vague excuses & not replying to our calls. We later contacted the factory & got in touch with Skoda India's regional head who informed us that that particular colour was not available in stock anywhere in the state except at Europa Auto (Showroom Piece). He also told us that there was no import for that particular colour for the next 3-4 months. So again we canceled at Asset Auto & got back to Europa. However we were too late & the car had just been sold the day before. So we had to settle for BRILLIANT SILVER. Europa promised us 10 days but took 20 days anyway.

Soo.. out of the two dealer's i would say you stick with Europa. The staff are more courteous & polished. They also have better infrastructure in place. The overall buying experience was below average considering SKODA itself as the dealers are not transparent. Had i known that CAPPUCCINO BEIGE was unavailable & in short supply in the first place i would have simply stuck with europa.

That wasn't all when the SILVER car did turn up at the Stockyard it had the older design 7 spoke Moon 16 " Rims. I informed the dealer that the they were advertising something & selling something else. Was on the verge of cancelling the third time round when the dealer agreed to fit them with Nevis 16" Rims as advertised.

2.Well I'm not really knowledgeable on the subject of VIN. Because the VIN said june 2011 (which makes it a 2012 model) i.e. it must have been manufactured & dispatched as a CKD from the Czech Republic & the sticker on the bonnet during PDI read may 2012 which I'm sure is the date of assembly.

3.Yes the drivetrain & powertrain on both the Ambition 4*4 & the Elegance 4*4 is the same.
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 00:08   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
My cousin is buying the Yeti 4X4 Elegance in Aqua mist color from the lone dealer in Bihar. Singh AutoCars @ Patna.

What freebies can he expect? He is getting his loan approved from SBI.
You don't need any freebies. Elegance is fully loaded one. Infact there's not a lot of accessories option for yeti in India. Standard carpet mats are already included. Get Kagu mats (they are good). You can also try star car mats. They are good for the price of 3200. Welcome to SAI MAG WHEELS

Push for more discounts. and enjoy the ride
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 06:01   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
1.Well its a long story, I originally booked the car in april & wanted delivery in early June. Later learned that we were being allotted the showroom model. So canceled the booking & went to Asset Auto Wagholi who promised us that they didn't have a display piece & would be a fresh order directly from the Factory. They were also giving us a better deal at 1.35 lacs (Europa 1 lac only -EARLIER).We were particular about the colour -CAPPUCCINO BEIGE & was promised delivery in 3-4 days.
Many congratulations autoskooll and thanks for the inputs around two dealers in Pune. Can you share the final OTR in pune? Did you enquire about the availability and cost of 4x2 variant?
Old 27th July 2012, 12:05   #679
BHPian

I asked at Jia Autos, Siliguri, and they mentioned they no longer sell the Active model (or that it is no longer available); is that true elsewhere?
Old 27th July 2012, 12:47   #680
BHPian

when I went to JMD auto at Andheri (mumbai), the lady was not aware of any active trim on Yeti. But when I insisted that it is there even on the website, she made a phone call and confirmed that it is available.
however the active varient does not have many features, you are better off getting Ambition (IMO) since the price diff is abt 1 L.
Old 27th July 2012, 13:43   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes, Ambition 4x4 and Elegance 4x4 have the same engine and gearbox and state of tune.
Thanks for clarifying that. I did TD the elegance version. Really liked the engine and the power feels good.

Does anyone know how the 4x2, with 5 speed gearbox and 110bhp engine feels as compared to the 140bhp one? I couldn't get a TD of that one. Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 27th July 2012, 13:58   #682
Senior - BHPian

Wow... lots of Yeti's being bought! My L&K has arrived and would be taking delivery today. Shall put a review with pics. Can anyone tell me how to add description to the pictures you upload to team-bhp?
Old 27th July 2012, 14:01   #683
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. I did TD the elegance version. Really liked the engine and the power feels good.

Does anyone know how the 4x2, with 5 speed gearbox and 110bhp engine feels as compared to the 140bhp one? I couldn't get a TD of that one. Please let me know. Thanks.
I have driven the 2wd version and in the city, I didn't feel any perceptible difference between them. On the highway, I had hit a speed of 150kmph and the car felt that it could go further, at least another 30kmph.
Also, the ride quality and the road handling are at par.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:02   #684
Senior - BHPian

After a week of discussion, Gurudev Motors has offered 1.3 lakhs for 2012 Skoda Yeti Elegance 4X4.
I have stated them that so many T-Bhpians has got 2 to 2.3 lakhs offer in B'lore and Delhi.
But the Manager has replied that, here the volume speaks as B'lore and Delhi dealer has ordered for 100 Yeti(I won't believe), so thay can give an aggressive discounts which they can not match.
So i don't think i can book a Yeti.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:11   #685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have stated them that so many T-Bhpians has got 2 to 2.3 lakhs offer in B'lore and Delhi.
Thats not true. The maximum discount offered in Bangalore is 1.5L.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:22   #686
BHPian

Quote:
After a week of discussion, Gurudev Motors has offered 1.3 lakhs for 2012 Skoda Yeti Elegance 4X4.
But the Manager has replied that, here the volume speaks as B'lore and Delhi dealer has ordered for 100 Yeti(I won't believe), so thay can give an aggressive discounts which they can not match.
So i don't think i can book a Yeti.
I think the discounts of 2-2.3 L are on 2011 model. I am from Mumbai and I got a disc of 2.25 on 2011 4x2 Ambition. I also inquired abt the discounts on 2012 cars, all three dealers say official disc is 1L so may be another 30k after some negotiations which would make the discount of 1.3L which is comparable to what you are getting.
Old 27th July 2012, 14:45   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I think the discounts of 2-2.3 L are on 2011 model. I am from Mumbai and I got a disc of 2.25 on 2011 4x2 Ambition. I also inquired abt the discounts on 2012 cars, all three dealers say official disc is 1L so may be another 30k after some negotiations which would make the discount of 1.3L which is comparable to what you are getting.
As a CKD unit, After May 2011 should be a 2012 model as per the RTO paper.
Here what you mentioned 2011 is car assembled before May 2011. right?
Old 27th July 2012, 14:57   #688
BHPian

My brand new Yeti Elegance 4x4 which i got last week.
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-2.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-3.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-4.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-5.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-6.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-7.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-8.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-9.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-10.jpg
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 15:01   #689
BHPian

Quote:
As a CKD unit, After May 2011 should be a 2012 model as per the RTO paper.
Here what you mentioned 2011 is car assembled before May 2011. right?
Actually, No. My 4x2 Ambition is a Dec 2011 as per the VIN and the sticker on the hood said Jan 2012 as application date.
Old 27th July 2012, 16:45   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Actually, No. My 4x2 Ambition is a Dec 2011 as per the VIN and the sticker on the hood said Jan 2012 as application date.
yep, this is what i noted in my post.
I am getting 1.3 lakhs discount in 2012 Model but VIN shows it as a 2011 Model.
Hope you people is getting clear in my mentioned Year of the Model.
So obviously, I am offered only half of dicount as you people got for your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks