Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 11:06   #931

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Hello Vinay, many of us have shared the information. There would be no reason to specifically hide the info as prices are a open book. Only difference is how much we can negotiate the discount.

In true spirit of sharing info and since you ask, let me start. Yeti delivered in the last week of July'12. April'12 on VIN. 4x2 Ambition 16.5L OTR. Individual Mumbai registration. Includes shield and 0 dep policy. Folks have gotten sweeter deals but I have never been a good negotiator.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a zillion Samy! The ex-showroom prices are an open book like you say, it's the quantum of discount and the resulting on-road price which is where we need to be watching each others back, this is like the proverbial "jaago graahak jaago" thing!!!!! Thanks again for sharing, I hope many others contributing to this thread follow suit.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:25   #932
BHPian

Ambition 4x2, Dec 2011.
Delivery: last week of July '12
Skoda shield, didnt go for zero dep.
Free accessories: Mats, mud flaps, wooden paneling, chrome exhaust tip.
OTR mumbai, individual: 15.68L
Old 6th October 2012, 11:38   #933
BANNED

Guys, does anyone know about the availability of the Elegance models with 2012 VIN?
The only 2012 models available here are the 4x2. Even color selection is very limited in 4x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achu
15.25 for October '12 Active 4x2 including Skoda Shield (2+2) and zero dep (Skoda Assure). Basic accessories (mats, mud flaps) free. Mumbai individual regn.
Is October the delivery date or the date from the VIN ? If not, then what is the date on the VIN?

Last edited by agambhandari : 6th October 2012 at 11:54.
Old 6th October 2012, 13:09   #934
BHPian

I got a quote of 14.71 OTR (without zero dep) for the Yeti Active 4X2 110 with mild negotiation in Pune. Given the Yeti pricing I think its a good deal. Pune has slightly lower Octroi than Mumbai.

The Active of course is missing features compared to the Ambience. For me the main thing is while I like the solidity of the Yeti and the well put together interiors, somehow the look never grew on me. It seems a bit odd, the kind of 'child only a mother could love' kind of thing.

Given Renault is now asking nearly 13.5 plus for the RXZ OTR in Pune, I think the Yeti with its build, refinement and interiors offers relatively far more value for money at just a lakh more. When you spend 14 plus lakhs you want to feel it, you want to touch it.

The Duster interiors make you feel you are sitting in a 7 lakh car.
Old 6th October 2012, 13:20   #935
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul
I don't completely agree with you, my family's previous car was a Honda city .when bought in 2005, it cost under 7 lacs OTR . It's interiors were much better (Edit: miles ahead of duster) than the duster's.
:

Last edited by agambhandari : 6th October 2012 at 13:38.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 13:29   #936
BHPian

I guess judging by most of the above posts that the obnoxious pricing and general low levels of refinement interiors + exteriors of the Duster just breathed a new life into the Yeti.

Skoda should really work hard and try to convert as many hopeful's with good prices and top notch Customer Service. Opportunities like these don't come often.
Old 6th October 2012, 13:35   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
I got a quote of 14.71 OTR (without zero dep) for the Yeti Active 4X2 110 with mild negotiation in Pune. Given the Yeti pricing I think its a good deal. Pune has slightly lower Octroi than Mumbai.

The Active of course is missing features compared to the Ambience. For me the main thing is while I like the solidity of the Yeti and the well put together interiors, somehow the look never grew on me. It seems a bit odd, the kind of 'child only a mother could love' kind of thing.

Given Renault is now asking nearly 13.5 plus for the RXZ OTR in Pune, I think the Yeti with its build, refinement and interiors offers relatively far more value for money at just a lakh more. When you spend 14 plus lakhs you want to feel it, you want to touch it.

Totally agree with your views on interiors, build quality, bells & whistles of the Yeti but unfortunately, the car does not sell! And that's a big problem not to your ego but to your pocket. My wife loves to own a car for her which is less common but that's because looking after it is my KRA. But I would prefer one that's relatively common even in the Rs 10-15L segment, if not a mass market car. You will find more service centers not just in your city but importantly when you take it out far away, spares will not hurt your pocket, a dent wont bleed your heart because you'll know it's easy to repair, even after 5 yrs of ownership you will be able to purchase seat covers / foot mats / accessories / etc off the shelf & not need to place an order, blah, blah, blah. Small things but I realise the difference between maintaining a Baleno vs a City. Baleno is a gem of an engine, rock solid build & sticks to the road harder than cement sticks to cement! I wonder how many cars can climb a 30-35 deg gradient in reverse with full load without missing a breath. But keeping the love of driving aside, ownership has to be practical too.

I still love the Yeti & dont miss an opportunity to grab the wheel when going out with a friend who has it but to buy one, one could pause and think, perhaps. If you still love it, get yourself one, man. There's only one life!
Old 6th October 2012, 14:43   #938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Ambition 4x2, Dec 2011.
OTR mumbai, individual: 15.68L
@SagPatel - You might just have the best deal I have ever seen till date in Mumbai. I should have probably requested you to come with me when we spoke of price.

@Vinay just summary of what I have seen till date... @1-1.5L discount on Ambition for 2012 is possible. @ 2-2.25L on Elegance. Bit higher on both if they are 2011 models.

Wish you all the best.. It's one sweet ride no matter which version you go with.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 16:06   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60
The bottom left section of my Yeti's rear taillight does not light up ,their td vehicle has the same feature. Is this a design feature common to all Yeti's or is this a fault. Singh Motors does not have a clue. Please help.
Are you confusing the rear fog lamp with the regular tail lamp?

The fog lamp is present in only one side and is much brighter than the tail lamp.
Old 6th October 2012, 17:49   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMo

Are you confusing the rear fog lamp with the regular tail lamp?

The fog lamp is present in only one side and is much brighter than the tail lamp.
Yes you are right, the fog lamp is one sided.

My Elegance cost me 18.64 on the road minus drive assure. Not too good a discount but I wanted the car now, so I am happy.

I can always take Drive Assure later. In fact a friend says where is the depreciation you are worried about in the first year? It's all a gimmick.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:49   #941

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy

@SagPatel - You might just have the best deal I have ever seen till date in Mumbai. I should have probably requested you to come with me when we spoke of price.

@Vinay just summary of what I have seen till date... @1-1.5L discount on Ambition for 2012 is possible. @ 2-2.25L on Elegance. Bit higher on both if they are 2011 models.

Wish you all the best.. It's one sweet ride no matter which version you go with.
I can tell you from my interaction with the skoda dealer in my area that the dealer is not at all wiling to pass on the discount that you talk about. What he offers is a measly Rs.30000 discount which is from dealer margin and is a big big favour. Now how does one counter this and actually get the discount that you say is being offered?
Old 7th October 2012, 07:25   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Yes you are right, the fog lamp is one sided.
In fact a friend says where is the depreciation you are worried about in the first year? It's all a gimmick.
Hi, I understand the 0 dep to be - if you get into an accident, typically insurance companies will require you to pay say 50% on plastic and rubber parts. The extra premium paid with this makes it all inclusive. Others can correct me please if I am wrong.
Old 7th October 2012, 08:17   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy

Hi, I understand the 0 dep to be - if you get into an accident, typically insurance companies will require you to pay say 50% on plastic and rubber parts. The extra premium paid with this makes it all inclusive. Others can correct me please if I am wrong.
Actually I took it to mean that since in the first year your vehicle is at its full value, no deduction will be made for any part in the first year only. From next year graduated depreciation will be charged each year. For instance in the second year say 10% will be deducted from plastic parts. So the zero depreciation will be useful from the second year onwards.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 7th October 2012, 08:31   #944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay0011 View Post
I can tell you from my interaction with the skoda dealer in my area that the dealer is not at all wiling to pass on the discount that you talk about. What he offers is a measly Rs.30000 discount which is from dealer margin and is a big big favour. Now how does one counter this and actually get the discount that you say is being offered?
Was the same situation here as well. Its easy to get them to budge.

Plainly tell them that they are not your only option to buy the car from.
You can say that you could buy it from another dealer. (say Delhi) as they are giving much better discount.

I did the same, the dealer who was earlier giving 1 Lac discount as a big favour(as opposed to 2.25 lacs in Delhi), is now giving better discounts than even the Delhi dealer!

Last edited by agambhandari : 7th October 2012 at 08:35.
Old 7th October 2012, 10:48   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
HID are not Skoda part, and as mentioned the original bi-xenon headlight have a completely different assembly and requirement.

This means the serivce guys are going to get you a HID light and a module for that HID, and then they will connect that, possibly they also need to take care of the CAN either via module(CAN compatible) or by disabling the check in the system for battery overload and headlight!
-Pramod
I checked with the accessories guy at Autobahn. The warranty is not voided if we fit at Autobahn. He said that if I go for aftermarket, then I'd only be able to fit the projectors in the fog lamps and not in the headlights. As previously pointed out by you, its not the Elegance headlight assembly and its not a Skoda part. However, all connectors, no cutting wires.

He mentioned something about matching the voltage and making some internal changes, but I couldnt figure what. Anyway, I'm not taking it right now, but will consider later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Is October the delivery date or the date from the VIN ? If not, then what is the date on the VIN?
October is the (expected) delivery date. VIN is January 2012. Protective bumper sticker is also Jan 12.

Incidently, the Autobahn stockyard is filled with loads of Active variants. Apparently, very few Elegance variants, no Ambition. Took a look at a few of the VINs at the stockyard, mostly 2012 (finally!!).

Finally, on the accessories, just went for the chrome exhaust tips and foot pedals. Rest later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks