Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2012, 22:11   #976

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Yes If Its a Yeti it has to be an Elegance. Shankar Himself had been dilly dallying for an Ambition 4 X 4 and finally got hooked on to the Elegance, what say Shankar ? Remember our long discussions as to why it should be Elegance and Not Ambition ?

and as regards your colour Choice, please give me a Buzz or Text Me. let me check if there is a White 4X4 Elegance. to be honest, Silver is easy to maintain and is open to Chrome cosmetic add-ons, without looking too Blingy or Garish. Pls Visit my Ownership Thread and see for yourself.
Thank you Sunil. I am yet to complete reading your heavily accesorized ownership review; just what was needed when trying to be an Yetian.

I dont have the PM yet hence can you pls email me at vishwanath.vish@gmail.com so that i can start bothering you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Vish the rate of 19.15 is very good. Buy the Elegance. Forget the Ambition. Buy the 4x4 and forget the 4x2.

As Sunil says, if it is a Yeti, it has to be an Elegance.

Buy Silver as it is easy to maintain and will not get as dirty or show as much dirt as White will.

I had a recent altercation with a dirty little Auto who scarred my Yeti's left rear flank but the scratches, such as they are, are hardly visible after one simple rub and polish job! Got that done at the local 3M along with a general wash and brush up. Will get a more permanent job done when the vehicle goes for its first servicing, mid-next month.

Bottom line, just go and buy it. You wont regret it.

It is a first class vehicle and nothing comes close at this price point.

Extremely plush vehicle, great value for money and will make you want to just drive and drive, for no reason at all! You will hunt up any excuse to get in and go somewhere on a nice long drive, which is exactly what is happening to me! Would of course, that I had unlimited time and wherewithal to indulge my driving holiday wishes!
Shankar - Thank you. The ambitions and the 4 x 2's are out and it is the Elegance 4 x 4. Just trying my last efforts for the White as I prefer white versus the Silver on the Yeti, I guess in all probability it would be a Silver as I am running out of options.

I kind of like the shade of white on the Yeti although I know its a tad difficult to maintain.
Old 8th October 2012, 23:36   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
@carcrazy60

I am using starmats and very satisfied with it, they cost around 3200 including shipping.
Here's the link

http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...ar_mats_67.htm
Yes, i am also using the same. They are good for the money offered. PS: I got a mailer from starmats that i can get 300 discounts to folks i refer
Old 9th October 2012, 01:03   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I can now understand why the 3d mat is necessary. It's not available in Patna. I have googled but trades.in and the rest do not seem to have Yeti specific mats. Please let me of any websites who do deliver these mats.
I got my 3D mats from an ebay.in store called olympicmall. They took a long time to deliver, but it did finally land up via professional courier about 10 days after the purchase.

6.2 or 6.5 is what they quoted. Direct fit.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2012, 20:16   #979
BHPian

I came across a thread recently on remap for ECU. I was really surprised to read about how much additional bhps and torque a remapped ECU can provide to the modified car. Has anybody thought about it for our beloved Yeti. I still find it difficult to digest that 4x2 comes with a software downgrade to the engine that's very capable to run at 140bhp.

Should such a change have material difference to the end user? (well the driver). i.e. will it feel quicker?
Old 10th October 2012, 20:41   #980
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
I came across a thread recently on remap for ECU. I was really surprised to read about how much additional bhps and torque a remapped ECU can provide to the modified car. Has anybody thought about it for our beloved Yeti. I still find it difficult to digest that 4x2 comes with a software downgrade to the engine that's very capable to run at 140bhp.

Should such a change have material difference to the end user? (well the driver). i.e. will it feel quicker?
Yes it would make it quicker, but that would deteriorate the Handling characteristics of the Yeti.
The Torque steer that would come into it wont be that pleasant.
The gearbox in it would not be able to handle the additional Power and Torque. which could pose many problems.
All this combined with the Warranty voided wont make it a good idea.
Old 10th October 2012, 20:44   #981
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari
The gearbox in it would not be able to handle the additional Power and Torque. which could pose many problems.
All this combined with the Warranty voided wont make it a good idea.
I second this. Do not fiddle with all this remapping etc on these Skoda cars and VW cars while they are within their warranty periods.
Old 11th October 2012, 06:47   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Yes, i am also using the same. They are good for the money offered. PS: I got a mailer from starmats that i can get 300 discounts to folks i refer
It says 5 mats. Does also include boot mat?
Old 11th October 2012, 08:20   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin

No. The fifth one covers the transmission tunnel.
Old 11th October 2012, 09:27   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi.robin View Post
No, it's the little mat which covers the central hood near rear AC.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:33   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Have you tested it yourself or have you seen some tuner done a remap on a yeti and gearbox has failed?
Old 11th October 2012, 11:55   #986
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj

Have you tested it yourself or have you seen some tuner done a remap on a yeti and gearbox has failed?
No i haven't but you can judge it from the fact that the 5 speed gearbox is not available in any car with 2.0 Tdi 140 engine.
So it's probably not compatible
Old 11th October 2012, 12:25   #987
BHPian

Quote:
No i haven't but you can judge it from the fact that the 5 speed gearbox is not available in any car with 2.0 Tdi 140 engine.
So it's probably not compatible
No dude its not true. Yeti can be taken till 225bhp without any issues and this is confirmed by a reliable tuner peter himself.
Just think in this way initially i20 was released with 5gears later with 6gears and people have used chips, remaps for both the cars without any issues.
There is no rule that more gears more potential for mods.
Old 11th October 2012, 13:15   #988
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj

No dude its not true. Yeti can be taken till 225bhp without any issues and this is confirmed by a reliable tuner peter himself.
Just think in this way initially i20 was released with 5gears later with 6gears and people have used chips, remaps for both the cars without any issues.
There is no rule that more gears more potential for mods.
But both of those gearboxes were compatible with those engine tunes.and made by the manufacturer

In fact if the 5 speed was equipped enough, why would VW offer the 6 speed anyway.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:32   #989
BHPian

Quote:
In fact if the 5 speed was equipped enough, why would VW offer the 6 speed anyway.
For better fuel efficiency, i guess future yeti's will follow the same.

Last edited by brraj : 11th October 2012 at 14:35.
Old 12th October 2012, 17:50   #990
BHPian

Finally got my star mats. Seem to fit okay. Lets see how they last.

Went and bought a belkin dc to Ac charger which can charge everything from laptops to mobiles. Best part is it fits in the armrest box. So I am set for the long road trip only have to find the time for it.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks