Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 18:59   #1126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat

Interestingly Skoda Service opted not to change the air filter of my Laura TSI during 30,000 kms- 2nd service recently. Apparently the filter was good enough to not warrant a replacement and they just cleaned it. I haven't been driving in dusty conditions. Most of my running has been in Bangalore city and good national highways. IIRC even with my old Corolla, the air filter was replaced every 30,000 kms or so. After reading your post I feel I should have insisted on the air filter to be replaced.
Surprised cause in my case even without examining the SA informed me that he would be changing the air filter during second service. Off course it wasn't changed during the first service as I was told its not required.

Cheers
Rohit
Old 13th December 2012, 10:39   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Surprised cause in my case even without examining the SA informed me that he would be changing the air filter during second service. Off course it wasn't changed during the first service as I was told its not required.

Cheers
Rohit
Just checked my 15,000 kms first service bill. They had changed the air filter then.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 13th December 2012 at 10:41.
Old 17th December 2012, 12:55   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
IIRC even with my old Corolla, the air filter was replaced every 30,000 kms or so. After reading your post I feel I should have insisted on the air filter to be replaced.
Well, just open it, clean it and put it back.
Install a new on if the current one is too clogged.
You just need the right screw driver which is not hard to find.

This weekend I cleaned and reinstalled the cabin air filer and felt good - feedome from Skoda A.S.S!!! At least for things that we can do on our own without too much sweat.

I am now going to try and order the filters online. Let's see how it goes.

Cheers!
Old 17th December 2012, 13:27   #1129
BHPian

Well opening the air filter compartment is very easy. All u need is a torx screwdriver with a size 20 bit, if am not wrong as I had opened it up yesterday to check the filter in the Yeti. Easy, simple and safe process. Will confirm the size of the bit when I open the toolbox later on
Old 19th December 2012, 22:40   #1130
BHPian

Am taking my Yeti for the 22.5K general checkup tomorrow. Thank you for the advice on the filters, because I now know a few things that I really need to get done tomorrow.
I know there have been posts about tires for the Yeti, but if I may ask Yet(i) again, when mine do get worn out, which are options I could consider?
I mean options I can look for in Kerala.
My use is regular steady driving, steadily over all kinds of roads. I would prefer ruggedness and strength, and ride comfort. Tire life is not a major issue, 25 to 35 will leave me happy. Something in a decent price bracket please???!
Old 20th December 2012, 15:22   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Am taking my Yeti for the 22.5K general checkup tomorrow. Thank you for the advice on the filters, because I now know a few things that I really need to get done tomorrow.
I know there have been posts about tires for the Yeti, but if I may ask Yet(i) again, when mine do get worn out, which are options I could consider?
My use is regular steady driving, steadily over all kinds of roads. I would prefer ruggedness and strength, and ride comfort. Tire life is not a major issue, 25 to 35 will leave me happy. Something in a decent price bracket please???!
I would Suggest that you stick to the Goodyear Excellence 215/60/16 - They come at a price of around 7950-8000 per tyre. These tyres seem to have the best reviews

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-screen-shot-20121220-3.19.25-pm.png

Alternatively you have the Bridgestone Turanza ER-370 at about 8600/-, Yoko Aspec 348 R at 8250/- Hankook Optiomo at about 8200/-, Conti Premium Contact 2 at about 11950/-

All the above are covered by India Warranty.
Old 20th December 2012, 16:15   #1132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For the Yeti, this is what is listed in changemytyre.com. Probably you can take this as a reference, and check with your local tyre shop.

http://www.changemytyre.com/tyres/ca...D=13&CityID=71
Old 20th December 2012, 18:34   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can also try for Yoko Geolander HTS (I have it on my yeti). It has got everything going for it, except for some compromise on comfort.

Name:  geoHTS.png
Views: 1520
Size:  68.0 KB
Old 20th December 2012, 19:47   #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
You can also try for Yoko Geolander HTS (I have it on my yeti). It has got everything going for it, except for some compromise on comfort.
Do they make more noise than the stock or does it make the ride more stiffer or both u have tried to have pressure on Ll four tyres as 32psi and that seems best for city driving with no noise and softer ride and am thinking whether it is worth changing over to Yokohama c drive or geolander currently in my tire us 4000kms old
Old 20th December 2012, 23:20   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreephadnis View Post
Do they make more noise than the stock or does it make the ride more stiffer or both u have tried to have pressure on Ll four tyres as 32psi and that seems best for city driving with no noise and softer ride and am thinking whether it is worth changing over to Yokohama c drive or geolander currently in my tire us 4000kms old
I had only driven on the stock tyres for 400 odd kms before making the switch. So, I can't make out any significant changes in the comfort level between the two. Regarding noise, the geolander HTS is softer than the AT tires. So it is much quieter. And the optimum pressure for me is 36 psi,
Old 20th December 2012, 23:35   #1136
BHPian

Thank you, IT, VB and Sunil.

I now have sone options to look at.

Did my 'General Checkup' for 22,500 kms today. Cost me 3600/-
1,500 for interior cleanibg, 350 water wash, plus air filter and taxes. They also added some 750 odd I think for checkup charges. I was late collecting my Yeti, so it was dusk, (cause I had a dealer conference in town)
The interior cleaning was not good enough, because the only place I dragged my finger on was the compartment on the driver side door, and it had particles in it. This sort of thing I expect perfection.

I had also asked for suitable tires for ruggedness. Which would you advice? I would like a rugged tire that gives a comfy ride. I know this is contradictory, still, is there one?
Old 24th December 2012, 17:51   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The pictures are of the tires at 21,165 Kms. I'd rotated at 15000, and by that time the front tires had worn more than the rear tires, so in the pix, the rear tires may look more worn ( but they were originally in the front)
Tyres at 24K
first rotated at 6900 k, then again at 14500 k...
need to do it again but been too lazy
Cheers
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img00806201212211337.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Well, just open it, clean it and put it back.
This weekend I cleaned and reinstalled the cabin air filer and felt good - feedome from Skoda A.S.S!!! At least for things that we can do on our own without too much sweat.!
How do you get to the polen filter? through the glove box?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 24th December 2012 at 17:53.
Old 24th December 2012, 18:38   #1138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post

How do you get to the polen filter? through the glove box?
Here are the detailed pictures:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2991100

Cheers!
Old 26th December 2012, 15:05   #1139

I had my yeti elegance fitted with stinger roadkill in the doors, boot and front and rear at poona Motors and changed to Yokohama A348 and the noise levels and drive quality improve substantially the noise levels on my android phone were in range 68 to 74 db and now record of 62 to 68
Old 27th December 2012, 21:30   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Happened to read this shootout from Top Gear between XUV500 vs Duster vs Yeti. Though the Yeti in comparison is the 4x2, but still guess who is the winner . Look out for yourself http://www.topgear.com/india/car-gal...v500/itemid-89

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th December 2012 at 21:34.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks