Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2013, 18:16   #1216
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

samyboy - Could you please start a thread of your 4X2 110PS Yeti? I don't think one exists @ Team BHP. It shall be of immense help to those who are eying these cross over clan & don't want to spend big on it.

Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 22:11   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
samyboy - Could you please start a thread of your 4X2 110PS Yeti? I don't think one exists @ Team BHP. It shall be of immense help to those who are eying these cross over clan & don't want to spend big on it.

Thanks
Sheel, I am afraid I will fall short of the high standards this forum demonstrates for an independent thread. Neither my knowledge is as deep as many terrific Yeti owners nor am I a good wordsmith. I try my level best to bring 4x2 perspective where I can on this thread. My thought process in going with 4x2 was to strike a balance between vehicle of this form factor and money I have to shell out from my pocket. I will be more than happy to answer any questions anybody has on 4x2 as I am in 7th month of my 4x2 ownership and just today we both cross the 5K mark.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 22:19   #1218
Team-BHP Support

Nothing like that. You don't have to take pics from any angle & don't really have to depict how the bonnet opener works.

A short, crisp one will do good. take your time, there is no hurry & make use of Assembly Line. It is a great feature & shall help you

Write whatever thought comes to you, randomly.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 10:21   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Sunil, but we will have to get this Okayed by Autobahn folks that if I get a Skoda accessory myself they would put it in. Isn't it? Does anybody have prior experience on this? I remember some other post said service stations were now accepting fitment of original accessories purchased outside. Otherwise we will have a unit but no way to fit it. Like you Sunil, doing it myself is totally totally out of question.
You can Butter the Folks at Autobahn and make them do the fitment. A Service Advisor / Electrician / Accessory Guy at Autobahn should be able to help out. you can tell them that you purchased it from a friend who was changing the HU on his Yeti. Fitment is very simple and just plug and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Thanks
+1 to This request. There is a dire need of a 4X2 Review on T-Bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Sheel, I am afraid I will fall short of the high standards this forum demonstrates for an independent thread. Neither my knowledge is as deep as many terrific Yeti owners nor am I a good wordsmith.
You dont need to be a wordsmith. All you gottu do is take a Brochure of the Yeti 4X2 and explain the features in your own Style.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:16   #1220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
As mentioned a few pages ago. the Bolero HU up for sale

Attachment 1037089

Attachment 1037090

and the price ? Starting from Rs. 12,243! - The seller is a Authorised Skoda Dealer in UK
I do have the bolero. However, you need to solder out the pre-outs! Further, you touch it, warranty is void! Furthermore, Skoda dealers would only install/support any installs from Skoda India or purchased through them. Everything else voids warranty, even if you buy directly from Skoda Czech!
Old 14th January 2013, 11:25   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I do have the bolero. However, you need to solder out the pre-outs! Further, you touch it, warranty is void! Furthermore, Skoda dealers would only install/support any installs from Skoda India or purchased through them. Everything else voids warranty, even if you buy directly from Skoda Czech!

well the A.S.S. here installed a Skoda Blues Music System from a Fabia Elegance into another Skoda Fabia. The Seller sold the HU for 5K and Installed a Pioneer

Not very sure if the pre-outs have to be soldered out, since am told by ETKA/ELSA that Radio Bolero is a direct replacement for Radio Swing in a Yeti.
In The Fabia / Laura as one of These Parts can be used to retrofit a Skoda Radio:
1. AZO60002- Kit for additional fitting of non-additional radio /
2. AZA700001A - Wiring for Non Genuine Radio Preparation
3. AZO700001 - Retrofit Kit for Non Genuine Raido preparation

Last edited by Sunilrj : 14th January 2013 at 11:28.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:26   #1222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Furthermore, Skoda dealers would only install/support any installs from Skoda India or purchased through them. Everything else voids warranty, even if you buy directly from Skoda Czech!
Not so sure about that. I was told by the dealer that any genuine accessories / fitments sourced outside, but installed by the ASC will not void warranty. But he did mention that if the change involves wire-cutting and so on, they don’t recommend or take-up such work.
Old 14th January 2013, 11:29   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Not so sure about that. I was told by the dealer that any genuine accessories / fitments sourced outside, but installed by the ASC will not void warranty. But he did mention that if the change involves wire-cutting and so on, they don’t recommend or take-up such work.
Yes, thats is right. This is conveyed even by The Team at Shendra. I have posted the relevant part of that mail about Genuine Accessories fitment somewhere in my earlier posts
Old 14th January 2013, 11:33   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This was communicated to me by Tafe Access, Mr Naveen, when I asked him if we source Genuine parts from outside! This even included Caska HUs which their sales team were positioning me!
Old 14th January 2013, 11:43   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
This was communicated to me by Tafe Access, Mr Naveen, when I asked him if we source Genuine parts from outside! This even included Caska HUs which their sales team were positioning me!
Tafe-Access is a bit conservative in their approach as regards fitments of Accessories, even with those accessories which are in the Skoda India Basket / Brochires and can be ordered through them. but from what i have heard about Naveen, He is willing to take risks, as long as he is convinced.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 14th January 2013 at 11:47.
Old 17th January 2013, 16:30   #1226
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Yeti comes out as a winner in AutoExpress UK Driver power Award 2012, based on a survey participated by 30,000 car owners.

Links:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power-2012
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/node/59398

I just dream Skoda Support in India was as good.

Last edited by .anshuman : 17th January 2013 at 16:32.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 18:45   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Skoda Yeti comes out as a winner in AutoExpress UK Driver power Award 2012, based on a survey participated by 30,000 car owners.

Links:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/driver-power-2012
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/node/59398

I just dream Skoda Support in India was as good.
No wonder, when the time comes up to beat the delhi's traffic and congestion, I prefer the Yeti over the Civic because it is so easy and very comfortable to drive, park, corner and navigate the traffic madness. Plus, it gives me phenomenal mileage (~16-18 kmpl) in city driving condition. So it does not burn my pocket and yet very fun too. This is why the Yeti is my Monday to Saturday companion, and the Civic is only let loose on Sunday
Old 18th January 2013, 17:06   #1228
BHPian

I just heard something about the Alto which I thought I would just mention here even though its a Yeti thread.

A friend has an Alto whose battery died with three months to go to complete two years. I told him the warranty should be for two years . The dealer said one year. So he called up Maruti Gurgaon. They told him Maruti does not have anything to do with the batteries as they are fitted by the dealer and thus they would have no idea about the warranty period.

Both of us are absolutely stunned by this. Imagine Skoda saying something like this. We would all go ballistic!

How can the manufacturer say they do not know something about the cars they sell? Is this normal in the car industry? Which other parts should one enquire about?
Old 18th January 2013, 17:22   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post

A friend has an Alto whose battery died with three months to go to complete two years. I told him the warranty should be for two years . The dealer said one year. So he called up Maruti Gurgaon. They told him Maruti does not have anything to do with the batteries as they are fitted by the dealer and thus they would have no idea about the warranty period.

Both of us are absolutely stunned by this. Imagine Skoda saying something like this. We would all go ballistic!

How can the manufacturer say they do not know something about the cars they sell? Is this normal in the car industry? Which other parts should one enquire about?

Well, Those Pretty Much are the same warranty terms of all Manufacturers

Skoda India says this

"Few components originally equipped on SKODA vehicles like Tyres , Batteries etc. are not manufactured by us but supplied by other vendors.

SKODA warranty shall not apply for such parts & purchaser of the car shall entitle as per the warranty provided by the respective manufacturer / vendor.

Should you experience difficulty in obtaining warranty service from these manufacturers , your authorized SKODA dealer will assist you in resolving the concerns "

This is on Page 1 of your Warranty Booklet

Last edited by Sunilrj : 18th January 2013 at 17:23.
Old 18th January 2013, 17:33   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post

Well, Those Pretty Much are the same warranty terms of all Manufacturers

Skoda India says this

"Few components

This is on Page 1 of your Warranty Booklet
Yes nobody can manufacture everything but surely quality control would require certain minimum guidelines to be adhered to? Surely a purchaser say in Kerala and one in Delhi would expect to be sold the same thing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks