Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2015, 00:36   #1876
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
i think i will go with changing the brake pads only, if i go with brembo, will it void warranty?
Nope. Warranty shouldn't be an issue.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 12:46   #1877
BHPian

My 3.5 years Yeti 4x4 developed a squeaky noise from the steering, the workshop is mentioning that they have to replace the steering slip ring. My vehicle has been with the dealer since last 10 days and he is neither providing me with the loaner car or reimbursement of taxi charges. I had taken an extended warranty from the dealer, however the cover note is from ICICI. The dealer is ready to change the slip ring under extended warranty but not providing compensation for the hardships faced by me in last ten days. Is there is written policy through which you can force your dealer to reimburse the taxi charges in case if they are not able to provide you with the loaner car.
Old 9th August 2015, 14:32   #1878
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
My 3.5 years Yeti 4x4 developed a squeaky noise from the steering, the workshop is mentioning that they have to replace the steering slip ring. My vehicle has been with the dealer since last 10 days and he is neither providing me with the loaner car or reimbursement of taxi charges. I had taken an extended warranty from the dealer, however the cover note is from ICICI. The dealer is ready to change the slip ring under extended warranty but not providing compensation for the hardships faced by me in last ten days. Is there is written policy through which you can force your dealer to reimburse the taxi charges in case if they are not able to provide you with the loaner car.
You will have to push your way with the dealer for taxi/ transport reimbursements.
I ve not seen any policy on this.
Also the loaner car policy is mostly for expensive repairs.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th August 2015 at 14:53.
Old 9th August 2015, 14:43   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amit, Sorry about your car and your current state. IMHO, the loaner car is at the discretion of the service center and not part of any policy. It's more of customer delight which some of the car segments follow. On the other hand, the reimbursement of taxi charges is an add-on within your insurance and if you have not opted for the same then you won't get it. Just double check the same by calling the ICICI customer care. As Shankar states, please request your service center to accommodate you as you have been a long-time customer of their's. Don't let the ASC make you feel that he is doing you a favor of replacing the slip-ring under warranty, and I suggest you check up whether or not it is a normal warranty replacement. I will just enquire the same here in Bangalore with my ASC. Wishing your car a speedy recovery.
Old 11th August 2015, 22:34   #1880
BHPian

The dealer hasn't reverted back on the status or compensation and has been totally non-committal. So I had no other option but to send them a legal notice. Let's wait and watch how the situation unfolds.

Does anyone have email id of the senior team at Skoda so that I can seek their assistance also.
Old 12th August 2015, 00:13   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer hasn't reverted back on the status or compensation and has been totally non-committal. So I had no other option but to send them a legal notice. Let's wait and watch how the situation unfolds.

Does anyone have email id of the senior team at Skoda so that I can seek their assistance also.
Not able to send pm to you.
Old 12th August 2015, 23:55   #1882
BHPian

At last I got back my Yeti back but I am sorry to state that the attitude of the dealer still remains the same. The GM -service had the audacity to call me and threaten me that if I don't withdraw my legal notice he will not return back my vehicle even it was ready. He states that as per the management policy any client who sends the legal notice his vehicle is not returned and his case is handed over to legal department. He has already 6 to 10 such vehicles lying at his yard and the litigation is going on since past few years. I am really upset such a behaviour and attitude of the Skoda dealers. Doesn't customer have right to vent out their frustration and the pain they have to go through by owning a Skoda vehicle. All these years I used to read the negative views and thought that since they built such good vehicles why would a dealer or for that matter company hears these negative comments. Why can't they have better systems in place. Why can't they can create a competitive environment by having at least two dealers in a city. In the evening when I received back the vehicle I noticed that hanger hooks were missing, also the service manual and vehicle documents were no where to be found. Over and above that the front number plate too was broken. So I am not really sure whether the vehicle was being used while it was in their custody.

I wish we could do something as all Yeti owners so that we are not left high and dry with these kind of dealers or automobile companies.
amit_i is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2015, 05:42   #1883
BANNED

Quote:
At last I got back my Yeti back but I am sorry to state that the attitude of the dealer still remains the same. The GM -service had the audacity to call me and threaten me that if I don't withdraw my legal notice he will not return back my vehicle even it was ready. He states that as per the management policy any client who sends the legal notice his vehicle is not returned and his case is handed over to legal department. He has already 6 to 10 such vehicles lying at his yard and the litigation is going on since past few years. I am really upset such a behaviour and attitude of the Skoda dealers. Doesn't customer have right to vent out their frustration and the pain they have to go through by owning a Skoda vehicle. All these years I used to read the negative views and thought that since they built such good vehicles why would a dealer or for that matter company hears these negative comments. Why can't they have better systems in place. Why can't they can create a competitive environment by having at least two dealers in a city. In the evening when I received back the vehicle I noticed that hanger hooks were missing, also the service manual and vehicle documents were no where to be found. Over and above that the front number plate too was broken. So I am not really sure whether the vehicle was being used while it was in their custody.

I wish we could do something as all Yeti owners so that we are not left high and dry with these kind of dealers or automobile companies.

Write to Skoda straightaway. Send them a letter addressed to the MD through registered post acknowledgement due, with all the details. Since Aurangabad is not that far away from Ahmedabad, and Ahmedabad is an important catchment area, I am sure you will find resolution quite quickly.

Luckily we have a better time of it in Bangalore being a Metro.

Do take these steps and hope you find resolution fast!
Old 13th August 2015, 10:20   #1884
BHPian

Quote:

Contact skoda directly or their communications department, I have sent you a pm with email of the concerned person, email them, they should help you out.
Old 13th August 2015, 13:06   #1885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The GM -service had the audacity to call me and threaten me that if I don't withdraw my legal notice he will not return back my vehicle even it was ready. He states that as per the management policy any client who sends the legal notice his vehicle is not returned and his case is handed over to legal department. He has already 6 to 10 such vehicles lying at his yard ...
By what legal right would the car be held in a case like this? Regardless of the duration of legal action, would it not be possible to get an order for its return? Lawyers please comment!
Old 13th August 2015, 21:31   #1886
Team-BHP Support

Yeti is at 93,700 kilometers. Got its timing kit changed as well as rear disc pads at Jia Auto, Calcutta.

One thing is for certain, the car drives just as good as it did on first day. The strong pull over 3,000 revs is something to experience. I did this 1000+ kms drive [route]

Car is amazing to drive save for low end torque and odd position of clutch pedal. On the fast GT road, I stayed at 4th and 5th gear. 6th hardly stayed for a minute. No rattles/squeaks. There were few from parcel tray & gates, all were looked into. Brakes are A+ as well. Wish headlamps were better. Yokos are doing well, I will recommend.

Seating position - Got it perfect this time around. Pulled the seat back, reclined it a bit and adjusted the steering for lowest position in reek. I was raring to do all distance in one go save for passengers.

Part no of Haldex 4X4 oil [G 052512A2] is that of gearbox oil and as per VIN, it doesn't need to be changed. I am confused.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th August 2015 at 21:59.
Old 14th August 2015, 17:59   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yeti is at 93,700 kilometers.

Part no of Haldex 4X4 oil [G 052512A2] is that of gearbox oil and as per VIN, it doesn't need to be changed. I am confused.
Hi sheel, about the timing belt and other changes can you share the costs.
Secondly, haldex oil part no. is G055175A2 and it has to be changed @ 60k or 3 years. It costs about Rs 2200.00 plus labor.
I'm getting it done next week.
Cheers
Old 18th August 2015, 21:24   #1888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi sheel, about the timing belt and other changes can you share the costs.
Secondly, haldex oil part no. is G055175A2 and it has to be changed @ 60k or 3 years. It costs about Rs 2200.00 plus labor.
I'm getting it done next week.
Cheers
Hi Guys, got the haldex coupling oil changed today at Vinayak Motors Bangalore ; total was around Rs2165 plus labor of 435.00. As always, the whole event was a breeze and finished well on time for me to get out before the evening traffic started
sumzup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:20   #1889
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi Guys, got the haldex coupling oil changed today at Vinayak Motors Bangalore ; total was around Rs2165 plus labor of 435.00. As always, the whole event was a breeze and finished well on time for me to get out before the evening traffic started
The part no of Haldex Oil (G 055175A2) is correct. But the price is marked as 2187/-
I am wondering that should I also ask the Skoda fellows to change my AC Compressor and valves under warranty. I believe others have received this notification from Skoda but I have not. Being in Bangalore, the AC is actually quite effective - no serious concerns so far.
Also, should I change the Differential Oil just to be on the safe side?
Ive completed 4 years and only 30250kms so far.
Old 7th September 2015, 23:18   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The part no of Haldex Oil (G 055175A2) is correct. But the price is marked as 2187/-
I am wondering that should I also ask the Skoda fellows to change my AC Compressor and valves under warranty. I believe others have received this notification from Skoda but I have not. Being in Bangalore, the AC is actually quite effective - no serious concerns so far.
Also, should I change the Differential Oil just to be on the safe side?
Ive completed 4 years and only 30250kms so far.
Hi Shankar, the price would be 1877.73 plus 14.5% tax. The labor was 470 inclusive of taxes

Rightly said about the change of AC compressor; I have not changed the compressor and valves myself and IMHO why take trouble for something that is not troubling.

Shankar, actually, for the price it is IMHO would be wise to go ahead with the change as you have clocked the required time interval. But again, when I checked the oil during the drain, the oil looked and felt better for the mileage of 60000 km driven. So, I would say one should just follow their instinct.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks