Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2015, 07:05   #1816
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I have been told earlier that timing belt kit needs change after 90k kms. I got my 90k service done at 80k (i generally get my service done a couple of thousand kms earlier) and at that time dealer mentioned about interval. I will doublecheck though. For haldex, i have asked the dealer to arrange but i don't know what taking them so much time.

Please ask them the source of this info. because Skoda Yeti workshop manual clearly specifies 120,000 as the least interval for renewing timing kit for all engine codes (this is only for dust-rich countries). For other countries, the interval is much bigger. There is nothing below 120,000 for timing belt and pulley as per Yeti specific manuals.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 20:32   #1817
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

There has been a 'creak' coming from somewhere in my Yeti. Somewhere under the body. It was a hesitant irritant initially, but now it is bolder.
When I had taken the Yeti for my 80K service, they had inspected, keeping the vehicle behind for a whole day, for a thorough check.
I was then gently informed that it's from the steering box, which needs replacement. I was assured the creak didn't give cause for panic, but it would get noisier.
The service centre raised the matter with Skoda, because I've done all my periodic service on time and I'd just crossed 3 years.
The company generously offered 60% discount, which, after I made a humble request to reconsider, and after they again consulted with my dealer service manager, yesterday they've increased to 75%.
I'm a servicing dealer myself, of power tools, but no matter which the product, getting friendly help is comforting.
I will be informed when the part is received, and hopefully after the replacement of whatever it is that needs to be changed, I can look forward to a noiseless ride.
But otherwise, my Yeti is still all that it was when I bought it. Comfy, powerful, skippy, etc.
No regrets so far, and I earnestly hope so for the future too.
Old 18th June 2015, 12:22   #1818
BHPian

Guys,
My wonderful travel-mate is due for 60k service, need advises on what to tend specifically. I'm looking up the manual and the service booklet alongside which mentions all the things to be done at this service interval. There is nothing much of a concern except a noise that I hear coming near the right fender under the hood, which to me sounds like related to the timing belt or the pulley. I did get the water pump changed last year and this sound started emanating soon after.

The other one is a mild grump every time I go over a sizable hump, on contraction of the front struts, which I think could be related to the bushes. Awaiting your suggestions.

Been with Vinayak Cars right through the wonderful journey and has been a rather pleasant experience till now notwithstanding the reviews and experiences of my fellow Skoda users till date. Special mention is Antho, the tech supervisor at Vinayak Cars who puts in a lot of effort in managing the lot.
[Mods: Sharing my experience and not promoting the ASC. Thanks]

I am up for a long-term ownership review and detailing review which I am going to post it once I finish my service soon. Actually, I'm freaked on thinking how I will measure up to the brilliance of the forum. Phew
Old 20th June 2015, 12:45   #1819
BHPian

Has anyone got clarification from Skoda A.S.S. guys regarding Yeti 4x4's Haldex coupling oil change? I am still getting unconfirmed response from them. They seem to be unaware of such a requirement. One of them even said, it is for life and does not need to be renewed. When I said that the MY 2010 Yeti workshop manual says it needs renewal every 3 years, he seemed confused. Said will check again. What have you guys heard from your A.S.S. guys? Anything solid?
Old 20th June 2015, 12:55   #1820
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Has anyone got clarification from Skoda A.S.S. guys regarding Yeti 4x4's Haldex coupling oil change? I am still getting unconfirmed response from them. They seem to be unaware of such a requirement. One of them even said, it is for life and does not need to be renewed. When I said that the MY 2010 Yeti workshop manual says it needs renewal every 3 years, he seemed confused. Said will check again. What have you guys heard from your A.S.S. guys? Anything solid?
It definitely needs to be changed. When I sent the car for service they didn't have the oil in stock, and then when they got the oil they didn't have the tool with them. So have told them to keep both ready, and am going to get it done shortly.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2015, 13:06   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It definitely needs to be changed. When I sent the car for service they didn't have the oil in stock, and then when they got the oil they didn't have the tool with them. So have told them to keep both ready, and am going to get it done shortly.

I am mailing them the extract from manual which specifies the tools required and procedure for oil change right now. Hopefully they will start working on it soon. Basically it will be the first time they do it. That doesn't feel comfortable! But since it is just oil renewal, I hope there is minimum margin for a screw up of something which is working good.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:36   #1822
BHPian

Has anyone renewed their wiper blades? When (as in how long did the OE blades last) and replaced with which blades (Brand/model)? Any inputs? Thanks.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:58   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone renewed their wiper blades? When (as in how long did the OE blades last) and replaced with which blades (Brand/model)? Any inputs? Thanks.
I replaced the original blades of My Superb after 3 years, just a week back. Only the passenger side one was squeaking but the dealership insisted on handing me both blades. Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3722956
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:03   #1824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ordered Rain X latitude blades for my Yeti last week. Should receive today, will update you on how it is.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:23   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I replaced the original blades of My Superb after 3 years, just a week back. Only the passenger side one was squeaking but the dealership insisted on handing me both blades. Details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3722956

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Ordered Rain X latitude blades for my Yeti last week. Should receive today, will update you on how it is.

Thanks Akshay. How long did your OE blades last? I took delivery of my Yeti in Dec 2010. The OE wiper blades are still holding up good! I don't remember paying for blade replacement during any service. I am just looking out, what are the options for replacing the blades just in case it fails this monsoon. Just being pro-active.

I wanted to know if other owners share the same experience. My car is parked in shelter at home and very rarely had to park exposed without shade. Plus there is a tech. which moves the wiper blades resting position once every few times the ignition is turned on. That will prolong the life of rubber blades considerably especially in hot climates. Just curious to know the experience of other owners.
Old 22nd June 2015, 15:04   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Please ask them the source of this info. because Skoda Yeti workshop manual clearly specifies 120,000 as the least interval for renewing timing kit for all engine codes (this is only for dust-rich countries). For other countries, the interval is much bigger. There is nothing below 120,000 for timing belt and pulley as per Yeti specific manuals.
Yes, It's 120000. I asked them to check in the workshop manual.

Quote:
Thanks.

Thanks Akshay. How long did your OE blades last? I took delivery of my Yeti in Dec 2010. The OE wiper blades are still holding up good! I don't remember paying for blade replacement during any service. I am just looking out, what are the options for replacing the blades just in case it fails this monsoon. Just being pro-active.

I wanted to know if other owners share the same experience. My car is parked in shelter at home and very rarely had to park exposed without shade. Plus there is a tech. which moves the wiper blades resting position once every few times the ignition is turned on. That will prolong the life of rubber blades considerably especially in hot climates. Just curious to know the experience of other owners.
I had to change the wiper twice. i am guessing this is because my car is generally open in sun and partly because i tend to change it little early when i start seeing wipers leaving a few droplets behind. The first time i changed from skoda. The second time (just last week) i changed with Hella dynaedge. Costed Rs 1700 for a set of 2. The main thing to look for dynaedge is that it should be european and not universal. European comes with few connectors and one of them fits skoda.

Other Updates on my Car.

Got my 7th service at 95k kms. Haldex oil was still not available. Service charges were around 11k. After this i got complete suspension job done (minus shock absorber, as i just ordered Bilstein from petes). There was no noise as such but increased body roll and increased road noise. After this job car is much more smoother now. Waiting for Bilstein which should arrive in july.

Apart form this, I am getting my brake disc and pads changed to Brembo slotted rotor this week. Parts have just arrived, will go sometime this week to get the job done.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 11:30   #1827
BHPian

Quote:
I replace my wiper blades every year before the onset of monsoon or during June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Yes, It's 120000. I asked them to check in the workshop manual.

I had to change the wiper twice. i am guessing this is because my car is generally open in sun and partly because i tend to change it little early when i start seeing wipers leaving a few droplets behind. The first time i changed from skoda. The second time (just last week) i changed with Hella dynaedge. Costed Rs 1700 for a set of 2. The main thing to look for dynaedge is that it should be european and not universal. European comes with few connectors and one of them fits skoda.

Other Updates on my Car.

Got my 7th service at 95k kms. Haldex oil was still not available. Service charges were around 11k. After this i got complete suspension job done (minus shock absorber, as i just ordered Bilstein from petes). There was no noise as such but increased body roll and increased road noise. After this job car is much more smoother now. Waiting for Bilstein which should arrive in july.

Apart form this, I am getting my brake disc and pads changed to Brembo slotted rotor this week. Parts have just arrived, will go sometime this week to get the job done.
(Haldex Oil)
I enquired with senior technician Antho at vinayak motors bangalore about changing Haldex lubricant, where I get my yeti serviced at all times, he has mentioned that it is for lifetime and does not required to be replaced. You guys can call him for more details. His number is +919902046745.

I am here for my 60k service.
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 12:36   #1828
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
(Haldex Oil)
I enquired with senior technician Antho at vinayak motors bangalore about changing Haldex lubricant, where I get my yeti serviced at all times, he has mentioned that it is for lifetime and does not required to be replaced. You guys can call him for more details. His number is +919902046745.

Before checking even senior technician from my Skoda service centre said the same, like it is for life. Sent him workshop manual copy to convince and then got him to check it from his end. He checked and confirmed today that it is not for life and the renewal interval is 120,000 Kms. Only 6M gearbox oil is for life.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 24th June 2015 at 12:38.
Old 24th June 2015, 14:59   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Before checking even senior technician from my Skoda service centre said the same, like it is for life. Sent him workshop manual copy to convince and then got him to check it from his end. He checked and confirmed today that it is not for life and the renewal interval is 120,000 Kms. Only 6M gearbox oil is for life.
Sorry, I meant every 3 years. Not 120,000 Kms. Had discussed timing kit renewal interval lately and typed that interval by mistake instead of Haldex oil change interval. For Haldex oil renewal, it is every 3 years.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 16:02   #1830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
(Haldex Oil)

It most definitely is not lifetime. The car manual has it listed at 60k kms or the 4th service.

Quote:
Sorry, I meant every 3 years. Not 120,000 Kms. Had discussed timing kit renewal interval lately and typed that interval by mistake instead of Haldex oil change interval. For Haldex oil renewal, it is every 3 years.
Its the 4th service, and 60k kms I think or 4 years.

BTW got the Rain X wipers. There was an issue where I thought the blade may not fit after trying it once. Went back and saw the instructions properly, and then got them to fit (they fit in a different way than the OE wipers). Not much rain today, so could barely use them but I'm sure they will be good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks