Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2014, 20:36   #1756
BHPian

Go through the warranty booklet. You will need to research a bit before confronting them.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 20:58   #1757
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post

So my Question: Is it true that Shocks are not covered under extended warranty?
What to do next?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Shocks are wear and tear items, and are not even covered in normal warranty. Do make sure changing the shocks will fix the left pulling. It could be the tyres, amongst other things. Also I believe changing shocks in pairs is a better idea than a single one.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 22:02   #1758
BHPian

To add to your point sagpatel, even I had a similar problem, but in my case the car pulls to the right. I have got the wheel alignment done twice and the problem still persists. I've covered similar mileage of 52k and the cars about the same age at 2.5 years. I assumed that it had to be a suspension issue because the ride had turned incredibly coarse, I mean I could even feel the lightest of undulations filtering through into the cabin, as if something was scraping along, and it becomes absolutely unbearable on concrete and tiled surfaces. I could even feel it through the steering and the pedals. I brought this up at the 45k service. After a thorough test drive, Skoda claimed it wasn't anything serious, just that the bushes had worn on the front suspension arms and they needed replacing. So I did just that and got the bushes replaced. I however wasn't entirely satisfied with the job and knew that it was a temporary fix and was bound to creep up soon and it did just after a couple of thousand kilometres. Its even worse now and time and again Skoda claims that there's nothing wrong with the vehicle. Now I really seem to have hit a dead end here and am not entirely sure if its covered under warranty. I am also ready to bear the cost of replacing the entire the setup and bear the cost myself if Skoda would acknowledge it rather than suffer from this menace on a daily basis.
autoskooll is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 22:21   #1759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Now I really seem to have hit a dead end here and am not entirely sure if its covered under warranty. I am also ready to bear the cost of replacing the entire the setup and bear the cost myself if Skoda would acknowledge it rather than suffer from this menace on a daily basis.
VW cars carry a 6 month/10,000 kms warranty on suspension parts in India, atleast this is the case with polo/vento/rapid and should be similar for Yeti. The warranty being offered is very less compared to competitors and Skoda would not cover any thing under warranty as your car has done 52k kms.

If your ride quality has diminished and the suspension has turned noisy, it could very well be the struts/shockers which have worn out. Did the Skoda guys dismantle the front suspension and check if the struts behaved fine when the mechanics check the rebound rate?
Do you have a good trusted private garage nearby? Before giving the car to Skoda, would advise you to go there and ask them to check the health of your car's struts. It should take a maximum of 2 hours and they would tell you if struts need replacement or not.

Authorised service centres love to inflate bills and would happily change every thing if you tell them to.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th November 2014, 22:36   #1760
BHPian

@ coolboy007, appreciate the speedy reply. I've always had a feeling that Skoda only did a superficial check. They never checked the struts. I've replaced the tyres once and they still have about 10k's worth of tread left on them. I am considering taking the car to a private garage, so that I can at least take a second opinion of sorts. I am considering Carnation and Mahindra First choice. I do a fair bit of rough road driving on a daily basis and close to 1500 kms a month on concrete roads (Mumbai Pune EWay). I did notify this to the service advisor to say that maybe this has led to premature wear. In response he said that it really didn't matter. I however believe that a lot of factors are responsible for the shelf life of different components.
Old 13th November 2014, 00:40   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
To add to your point sagpatel, even I had a similar problem, but in my case the car pulls to the right. I have got the wheel alignment done twice and the problem still persists. I've covered similar mileage of 52k and the cars about the same age at 2.5 years. I assumed that it had to be a suspension issue because the ride had turned incredibly coarse, I mean I could even feel the lightest of undulations filtering through into the cabin, as if something was scraping along, and it becomes absolutely unbearable on concrete and tiled surfaces. I could even feel it through the steering and the pedals. I brought this up at the 45k service. After a thorough test drive, Skoda claimed it wasn't anything serious, just that the bushes had worn on the front suspension arms and they needed replacing. So I did just that and got the bushes replaced. I however wasn't entirely satisfied with the job and knew that it was a temporary fix and was bound to creep up soon and it did just after a couple of thousand kilometres. Its even worse now and time and again Skoda claims that there's nothing wrong with the vehicle. Now I really seem to have hit a dead end here and am not entirely sure if its covered under warranty. I am also ready to bear the cost of replacing the entire the setup and bear the cost myself if Skoda would acknowledge it rather than suffer from this menace on a daily basis.
Well My ride is not as bad as yours. in fact its just that the car pulls towards left and nothing else out of place. I did change the tyres 10k back. But I am aware that its going to be more worse as i run in more miles. so have to take a call soon to change the shocks.
Old 13th November 2014, 07:51   #1762
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO pulling to left or right is more a alignment issue than a shock absorber related. In case of worn shocks the car ride become bumpy / flighty and if you go over a bumpy patch the car pulls or yaws on the weak shock's side. But on normal road shockers do not effect the steering behavior.

Unfortunately to check suspension properly it needs to be opened up and not many workshops - OE or FNM - like to do this. They would rather replace bushes once they are opened.
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 18:34   #1763
BHPian

Friends, Has any one bought pre face lifted Yeti after the launch of New Yeti. I have been negotiating for pre face lifted Yeti. It is of Ambition trim level. What amount discount should I expect for a car manufactured in July 2013 and lying in the stocks of the dealer. They will be selling it as a new car with 4 year warranty.
Old 15th December 2014, 10:37   #1764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Friends, Has any one bought pre face lifted Yeti after the launch of New Yeti. I have been negotiating for pre face lifted Yeti. It is of Ambition trim level. What amount discount should I expect for a car manufactured in July 2013 and lying in the stocks of the dealer. They will be selling it as a new car with 4 year warranty.
how much discount they are offering, My guess is you should get mouthwatering discount considering Yeti is not a fast moving product and there is a facelifted version already available and you are going in for a pre-facelifted model. are they offering anything on the facelifted model, you can get an idea from that.
Old 15th December 2014, 11:32   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
how much discount they are offering, My guess is you should get mouthwatering discount considering Yeti is not a fast moving product and there is a facelifted version already available and you are going in for a pre-facelifted model. are they offering anything on the facelifted model, you can get an idea from that.
They are offering discount of about 2.2 lakhs. It's Ambition trim level and they are offering 7" touch screen audio system along with bluetooth connectivity and reverse parking camera. I don't think they are offering discount on new Yeti.

However after test driving both Yeti and Octavia back to back. I have settled for Octavia and will be booking it today.
Old 6th January 2015, 15:32   #1766
BHPian

Hi,
I'm finalizing a deal to buy a 2011 Skoda Yeti 4X4 Elegance. I need some guidance from the owners of Yeti

1. Based a VCDS scan report, following error was detected. Can someone provide some insight into it?
4278 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module U0415 00 [032] - - Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
It reappeared even after a clearing the error code.

2. Anyone replaced the clutch? I would link to know the cost associated and the KM range at which it has to be change.

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2015, 20:57   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
1. Based a VCDS scan report, following error was detected. Can someone provide some insight into it?
4278 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module U0415 00 [032] - - Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
It reappeared even after a clearing the error code.
Thanks.
Is this a fault code from the ECU (Address 01: Engine)? Could you post the complete scan of atleast that module in which this fault code was generated, like the sample shown below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CLCB) Labels: 03L-906-018-CFF.clb
Part No SW: 03L 906 018 GH HW: 03L 907 309 R
Component: R4 2,0L EDC H25 7816
Revision: 42H25--- Serial number: 00000000000000
Coding: 00190012040500080000
Shop #: WSC 00047 000 00091
ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018GH 003003
ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018GH.rod
VCID: 76E33F5EC99923AEB11-8023

No fault code found.
Readiness: 0 0 0 0 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the fault code re-appeared after clearing the DTCs, it means that the fault still exists. Only when it is rectified, the fault code could be cleared successfully.
Old 6th January 2015, 23:15   #1768
BHPian

Hi Ajay here is the fault code.
------
Address 01: Engine (J623-CLCB) Labels: 03L-906-018-CFF.clb

Part No SW: 03L 906 018 EK HW: 03L 906 018 BR

Component: R4 2,0L EDC H23 9482

Revision: 42H23--- Serial number:

Coding: 00190012040700080000

Shop #: WSC 23039 663 98911

ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK 003007

ROD: EV_ECM20TDI01103L906018EK.rod

VCID: 77F6E87CCE5522995E1-8022

1 Fault Found:

4278 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module

U0415 00 [032] - -

Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Readiness: 0 0 0 0 0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 7th January 2015, 21:18   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
1 Fault Found: 4278 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module

The fault code says it's not receiving proper signal from ABS module. If there are no fault codes generated in the ABS module (or are there any fault codes in ABS module?), it could be a communication problem between ECU and ABS module. Are you aware of removal of ECU or ABS module in the past, for any work?
Old 9th January 2015, 12:52   #1770
BHPian

Thank you Ajay for the input. I don't have any information on removal of ECU or ABS module. Due to high mileage of 75,000 in Odo, I dropped the purchase plan.

Now looking for a less travelled Yeti at a good price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks