Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 07:28   #1921
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
Hey guys,

My yeti is due for 4 yr/45k service. Can the experienced members advise what to expect in this service and costs ? The website does have a service cost calculator but typically when you visit the service centre they add on more items.

I would like this information before I go in for a service and avoid getting conned by the service centres.

Regards,
Faraz.
Mine went for that in November/December last year.

I paid about 19K for the service. Including the Oil change etc.

Nothing out of the ordinary, from my memory.

You should cross check your service schedule in the Owners Manual - that will give you a clear picture of what typically ought to be done in each service.

I usually make a complete list of what I want done and send it to them along with the vehicle.

They then send the vehicle back after servicing, with details as to what's actually been done and ticked off against my list.
Old 13th May 2016, 08:51   #1922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Our 2010 YETI 4X4 has begun making loud grinding/ vibrating noises when the clutch is engaged/ disengaged. No noise when the car is being driven normally. After 6 years of trouble free operation (faulty AC compressor aside), we've been dreading this. The car is no longer under warranty and has covered 87K kilometers.

Any thoughts on what may be? I suspect it may be the clutch and/ or the flywheel. Given the complexity of the Haldex setup, I'm guessing this won't be cheap.
Did you get it checked?
Clutch thrust release bearing.... If you're in the eastern suburbs if bombay , then go to Skoda JMD Bhandup and show it to their supervisor by the name of Rane. Since it's high mileage I'm certain they will suggest changing the whole DMF flywheel, clutch assy....
Old 18th May 2016, 18:12   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Did you get it checked?
Clutch thrust release bearing.... If you're in the eastern suburbs if bombay , then go to Skoda JMD Bhandup and show it to their supervisor by the name of Rane. Since it's high mileage I'm certain they will suggest changing the whole DMF flywheel, clutch assy....
Yes, the whole assembly changed at a cost of 90K. I was able to get the Haldex coupling fluid also changed.

Overall, a very expensive repair.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:15   #1924
BHPian

Yeti was leaking coolant starting, I believe, sometime at the end of last week. So, took the car to Autobahn Kurla who diagnosed that the water pump was on its last legs and leaking coolant. They took the car in on Monday and returned it to me on Wednesday with water pump and timing kit changed under warranty. I had to pay for the consumables - coolant, belt and software scan, since the car is now in its 4th year and in the extended warranty period.

The whole process was hassle free, no questions asked type service. I was not even asked for insurance/RC book copies (which used to be standard procedure earlier).
I had a similar experience last year, when the AC compressor was changed under warranty - I had only complained of poor cooling, especially in a harsher sun. I was pleasantly surprised when they changed the compressor to a new one.
If anyone is planning to take their car to Autobahn Kurla, do ask for the service advisor Kiran Bhagat. He is honest and does his job well.

Another observation this time around was that the workshop was much cleaner and better organised. The only serious problem I had with their service was that the CCD coffee machine was non-functional and I could not get the usual awesome coffee
Not much else to report. Yeti completed 50000 km a couple of weeks ago during a Goa run. Car is as good as new, as comfortable and fast as on day one!

Last edited by hrishik : 19th May 2016 at 17:19. Reason: Adding more information.
hrishik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 12:55   #1925
BHPian

Hi,
Left my car for 4 yrs/60K service , have completed 35K. Was advised coolant change and brake oil change. Can members advise there are as per service schedule and required ? I have no issues getting these done, but have no faith in Skoda ASS who have tried conning me in the past. Advise appreciated. Thanks.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:11   #1926
BHPian

I gave my Yeti for 75k service a month back or so. I did not opt for any coolant change or brake fluid change. I don't think coolant change is required. I got the brake fluid changed at around 70k when i gave my car for brake pad change.
Also as per http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/service-cost-calculator none of the two are required.
Old 30th May 2016, 17:03   #1927
BHPian

Coolant change is also time bound. I recommend getting it changed if not done already
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:28   #1928
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The G12/G13 coolant used in Skoda/VW cars is a 'life long' coolant, which means that it never needs to be changed. In European driving conditions you may indeed run the car from showroom to a scrap yard metal compactor, without ever changing the coolant. But i have doubts whether it is a good idea to try the same in Indian conditions. So, although completely optional, I would recommend that you go for a coolant change. Deciding on brake fluid change at 4 years but with only 35K on the odo is trickier. If the brakes have enough bite you can put it off for another year. Even if there is some doubt about the brakes check the pads and discs first.

Last edited by hrishik : 3rd June 2016 at 02:32.
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:45   #1929
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I called Skoda chennai yesterday and enquired about Yeti. I was told new Yeti is coming and they are not accepting bookings for Yeti anymore
prabhuferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 13:08   #1930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I called Skoda chennai yesterday and enquired about Yeti. I was told new Yeti is coming and they are not accepting bookings for Yeti anymore
I'm not sure if Skoda will launch yet another 'new' yeti when the current is still fresh (under 3 years). Maybe it's a face-lift.
Old 21st June 2016, 14:01   #1931
BHPian

Singh Motors Patna wound up business in May this year. They said lack of a small car under 10 lakhs was making them lose money. So now around 1200 odd skoda owners have nowhere to go to.

My Yeti is fortunately running well but even small problems will be difficult to manage. For the 4th service I am thinking of going to Lucknow.

Skoda A.S.S horror stories continue.
Old 24th July 2016, 18:56   #1932
BHPian

My Yeti has developed a small rattling sound seemingly from the right side of the dashboard. Nothing is visibly loose. Anybody else experience this?
Old 29th July 2016, 10:22   #1933
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,
After an almost 5 1/2 Year love relationship with my Skoda Yeti - The Black Behemoth, we are considering selling it now! It is a Dec 2010 model and has been lovingly maintained and driven single handedly by me over the entire period. It is in great condition (barring some minor nicks and bruises from Kids Bicycles who keep on hitting it in parked condition)! It is a 2.0 L TDI 140BHP Ambiente 4x4 with Leather seats (this is a Higher variant from the current Ambition level). I would welcome BHPIans in Gurgaon to PM me if they are interested! My target selling price is 7.5 Lacs.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 17:29   #1934
BHPian

After 1.25 lac kms I got my clutch overhauled today including flywheel . Setback is 95k. Loved the drive with new clutch. Yeti is still going strong. With proper maintenance I hope to cover another 75k before I let go this lovely beast
Old 31st July 2016, 17:47   #1935
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Everyone,
After an almost 5 1/2 Year love relationship with my Skoda Yeti - The Black Behemoth, we are considering selling it now! It is a Dec 2010 model and has been lovingly maintained and driven single handedly by me over the entire period. It is in great condition (barring some minor nicks and bruises from Kids Bicycles who keep on hitting it in parked condition)! It is a 2.0 L TDI 140BHP Ambiente 4x4 with Leather seats (this is a Higher variant from the current Ambition level). I would welcome BHPIans in Gurgaon to PM me if they are interested! My target selling price is 7.5 Lacs.

Regards,
Behemoth

Thats sad - its a great car. A keeper for 7 years and probably more.
Letting it go at about 1/3rd its Original Price is pitiful but these cars don't hold up very well to resale. Sadly. And this is in India.
In the UK since Skoda enjoys an enviable reputation you may have actually done much better on the resale.

So whats the replacement plan?
There is nothing quite like the Yeti really so you're going to be hard pressed to find a replacement - except for things like the Audi Q3 Quattro Top Spec and so on, which is anyway far too over priced given that it has the same underpinnings as the Yeti...

All going well, Im going to keep mine for a little longer. It is nowhere near ready to sell yet.

But I'll also be hard pressed to find a replacement - the only vehicles that are even remotely of interest right now are the Mini Cooper (probably second hand because brand new is just too too expensive) and otherwise Im hoping the Jeep Renegade comes in at a fair price. Maybe the VW Tiguan can be considered in case that it is priced fairly. I would have considered an S Cross 1.6 if it had come with the AWD and other Spec Deck of the Australian or UK versions. The Indian one is nice but nowhere near the Yeti in terms of pure specc-ing. Had the Subaru Forester or Outback been available, those would have been worth considering too, but sadly, they aren't anywhere close to being even considered for this market.

But honestly there is NOTHING else that compares with the Skoda Yeti right now, in the India Market. Not even the new Gen Yeti - it's kind of lost its character and the squarish middle of the road design factor also doesn't appeal to me at all.

The original Yeti is a superlatively capable and enjoyable vehicle indeed.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 31st July 2016 at 17:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks