Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 16:54   #1171
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Heard of Elegance 4x4 at the same price as Ambition 4x2? The Skoda website shows it (and ironically, Carwale.com also). Feels like buying another one

Attachment 1035674
When was this? The skoda site shows 18+ for Elegance 4x4 now for Bangalore.
Old 8th January 2013, 16:57   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Guys, saw an add for a Yeti from Pune done 11k kms. 2012 May, 4x4 Elegance. The owner is willing to let it go for 16l, since he is moving abroad in a month or two. Is this a good price? I think it should be a bit lower considering the Yeti is not a known product in the market.
The vehicle seems to have done about 1350 Kms/ month.The car wale used car valuation shows a price of 17,72,500 for a vehicle in good condition. probably you can negotiate for 15.5
Old 8th January 2013, 17:04   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
When was this? The skoda site shows 18+ for Elegance 4x4 now for Bangalore.
Choose UP and Noida. and you will see it. Akhilesh Yadav has instructed Skoda to sell Elegance 4x4 at the cost of 4x2 in UP in 2013 as part of repaying back to the people
Old 8th January 2013, 17:06   #1174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The vehicle seems to have done about 1350 Kms/ month.The car wale used car valuation shows a price of 17,72,500 for a vehicle in good condition. probably you can negotiate for 15.5
Interestingly, the carwale valuation till before the new years showed 15.5 as the price for a vehicle in good condition. Yes that is a lot of KM a month, but its still done only 11k kms, so about as good as new.

Also the Skoda dealer called me up to tell me there is 1l off on 4x4 Yetis in Mumbai. I am sure that can easily be negotiated to more.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:10   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, the carwale valuation till before the new years showed 15.5 as the price for a vehicle in good condition. Yes that is a lot of KM a month, but its still done only 11k kms, so about as good as new.

Also the Skoda dealer called me up to tell me there is 1l off on 4x4 Yetis in Mumbai. I am sure that can easily be negotiated to more.
The 1 Lakh is the 'On Road' discount i presume. I dont entirely go with the car wale valuation, but if i were to buy the 2012 Yeti, I would close it at 15.5 to 16 as it results in a considerable saving of around 4.5 lakhs ( On road Price in Karnataka). The Thumb Rule used by used Car Dealers is to Knock 20% of the Onroad Price in the First year for vehicles costing 12+ Lakhs.

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th January 2013 at 17:12.
Sunilrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 17:14   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

16L is about fair I think, for 8 months old (it still has not done the 1st service). OTR for 4x4 elegance would be more than 20L. Even if you manage to get 1L discount, there is more than 3L difference. As long as there is no damage, this would be something worth looking for. yeah, I think the deal could be done at 15.5 if you give me a booking amount rightaway.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 17:17   #1177
BHPian

I had called up the service manager here regarding my horn. He said there is jelly in the horn which probably shifted a bit and may need some cleaning up. He said nothing to worry about it, and ,that I could drop in any time I am free. So will probably go there to get the door sill protector stuck and get this done too.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:18   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
16L is about fair I think, for 8 months old (it still has not done the 1st service). OTR for 4x4 elegance would be more than 20L. Even if you manage to get 1L discount, there is more than 3L difference. As long as there is no damage, this would be something worth looking for. yeah, I think the deal could be done at 15.5 if you give me a booking amount rightaway.
+1. The OTR in KA is 22,43,000/- Discount 1 Lakh. So after Discount OTR is 21,43,000. A Little haggling and a relenting Dealer you may be able to get it at 21,00,000. Purchase Price of the 2012 Listed for sale : 16 Lakhs. Straight savings of 5 Lakhs! Deal seems quite Sweet, if the reason for sale is the One that is Stated!
Old 8th January 2013, 17:22   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Heard of Elegance 4x4 at the same price as Ambition 4x2? The Skoda website shows it (and ironically, Carwale.com also). Feels like buying another one
I think it lists the Ambition version as costlier than the Elegance one. Probably a typing mistake.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:23   #1180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
+1. The OTR in KA is 22,43,000/- Discount 1 Lakh. So after Discount OTR is 21,43,000. A Little haggling and a relenting Dealer you may be able to get it at 21,00,000. Purchase Price of the 2012 Listed for sale : 16 Lakhs. Straight savings of 5 Lakhs! Deal seems quite Sweet, if the reason for sale is the One that is Stated!
Yes the reason for sale is that he is going abroad. He was saying everyone was offering him 15l and below, but he is not going to let go of the car for that price.

It certainly is a good deal. Now hopefully I can convince everyone at home too. Will then switch the Punto for this.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:29   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the reason for sale is that he is going abroad. He was saying everyone was offering him 15l and below, but he is not going to let go of the car for that price.

It certainly is a good deal. Now hopefully I can convince everyone at home too. Will then switch the Punto for this.
Start with 15.50 and Then go in Increments of 5K.. you may save a few $$$ with which you can give us all a Treat! I had done the same when i picked a year old Fabia 1.2 MPI elegance with EW and Insurance with validity upto 30.10.2013 at about 40% discount of the Present On Road price. and Trust me the Vehicle is in A++ Condition

Last edited by Sunilrj : 8th January 2013 at 17:32.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:30   #1182
BHPian

It's an excellent purchase at that price. You are still covered by the warranty. Does he have the extended warranty? If he does than its damn good.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:34   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If everything seems good after inspection, go for it, by offering 15.5 or 15.75. And considering you have a 'hot' collection of cars, I think yeti 4x4 would be a perfect addition (coz of the far better BHP & Torque to weight ratio than the rest of the SUVs available)
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2013, 17:44   #1184
Senior - BHPian

The Yeti 4x4 is a formidable car foe many reasons. I love the looks and stance although that is the bone of contention for many a buyer. Secondly the 4x4 is an awesome vehicle to lug around some rough roads, the Yeti softening the rough ride. The only sore point may be the price of spares and the poor service/dealer network, not to mention the high maintenance cost but that is true of any Skoda. Then for some reason as most Skodas do, this one suffers from horrific a/c cooling...or non cooling as you would like to say. I guess extensive glass all around and now without tints or any other protection the cooling in hot months can be a real problem. It just takes ages to cool.

I have seen one year Old Yetis going for 12ish but then that was last year so they are now two year old Yetis. They do depreciate very very quickly, a fact you will learn after you have purchased one and want to offer it for resale. I beg to differ here and dont think the Yeti is a super buy at that price, contrary to my other friends to think so. Yes it is a pricey car, yes it is practical but the resale is very very poor on these things, though im in the market for one
Old 8th January 2013, 17:54   #1185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
The Yeti 4x4 is a formidable car foe many reasons. I love the looks and stance although that is the bone of contention for many a buyer. Secondly the 4x4 is an awesome vehicle to lug around some rough roads, the Yeti softening the rough ride. The only sore point may be the price of spares and the poor service/dealer network, not to mention the high maintenance cost but that is true of any Skoda. Then for some reason as most Skodas do, this one suffers from horrific a/c cooling...or non cooling as you would like to say. I guess extensive glass all around and now without tints or any other protection the cooling in hot months can be a real problem. It just takes ages to cool.

I have seen one year Old Yetis going for 12ish but then that was last year so they are now two year old Yetis. They do depreciate very very quickly, a fact you will learn after you have purchased one and want to offer it for resale. I beg to differ here and dont think the Yeti is a super buy at that price, contrary to my other friends to think so. Yes it is a pricey car, yes it is practical but the resale is very very poor on these things, though im in the market for one
The A/C was poor only for the first few months of production, they have improved it later on.

Where are these one year old Yetis going for 12ish? Gogi uncle please keep me in the loop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks