Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2012, 16:51   #721
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios : Test Drive & Review

My Etios (p) has been giving me troublefree ownership for past 16 months. On Saturday it came back from 20k service at DSK toyota Bavdhan.
Total time spent : 2 Hrs.
Total cost 1788 rs Work done : 3 Litres Semisynthetic oil+Oil Filter+Spark Plug+windshield wiper fluid + Tyre rotation + wheel alignment and balancing
heman_369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 20:38   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heman_369 View Post
My Etios (p) has been giving me troublefree ownership for past 16 months. On Saturday it came back from 20k service at DSK toyota Bavdhan.
Total time spent : 2 Hrs.
Total cost 1788 rs Work done : 3 Litres Semisynthetic oil+Oil Filter+Spark Plug+windshield wiper fluid + Tyre rotation + wheel alignment and balancing
Hi, I suppose second service is also free i.e. no labour charges ?
What is the FE like in city and on highway ?
Old 27th August 2012, 10:04   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Hi, I suppose second service is also free i.e. no labour charges ?
What is the FE like in city and on highway ?
Yes. The second service has no labour charges. In city i get 12-13 and on highways 15-16 with 100 % AC ON.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:40   #724
BHPian

Toyota Etios in Brazil: Weak response leads Toyota to cut prices.

Quote:
....Toyota did not get of pre-orders it hoped for, and embarked on a novel marketing strategy. Toyota discounted the price before the car was launched. ....
“Without a doubt, the price reduction is due to the market’s reaction to the model’s static presentation, be it at the Connection shows throughout the country, be it to pictures of the car divulged through the press.”

“It is not easy to fall in love with the Etios’ design. The car reminds one of models from the 80s and 90s, with details of questionable taste like the grille and lights. They are similar to a Logan, and this is far from being a compliment.“

The center mounted instrument cluster appears to be universally hated by the press. Otherwise, the car does not seem to elicit strong emotions. An ambivalent Bestcars says that the manual five speed is precise and has good throws, but is not brilliant. The acceleration is acceptable, but nothing to brag about. Noise levels are fine, but exist. Steering is correct, but rather numb. Braking is progressive, but… must we say more?

Only the car’s India-proof suspension makes journalistic hearts beat a little faster. According to the reviews, the Etios handles the (bad) roads of Brazil quietly and competently, but is never too hard......

Despised by the pundits, boring design, driving dynamics out of a lullaby, built to last, and already $2,500 less?
With Etios proving to be a dud in two of its 4 target markets, Toyota really needs to pull up its socks and get back to drawing board again just like Honda is doing with its new Civic in US.

Source:http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-slash-prices/

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 23rd September 2012 at 21:42.
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 14:06   #725
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Toyota Etios in Brazil: Weak response leads Toyota to cut prices.

With Etios proving to be a dud in two of its 4 target markets, Toyota really needs to pull up its socks and get back to drawing board again just like Honda is doing with its new Civic in US.

Source:http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-slash-prices/
This is a good piece of information. I see no signs of reducing the price of Etios in indian market. Lets see how toyota is going to react.

Old 24th October 2012, 09:45   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely true. These are not the new interiors. They are done at dealer end for those customers who request them. Dealers charge about 30 to 40 K (here in Indore) depending on the options chosen. I had inquired about these when I was looking at Etios as an option. Not only beige, you can opt for entire black or entire grey and as such many other color combinations.

This practice is going on from early 2012 (about April). I have seen many Etios and Liva with these beige interiors.
hi all,
Just wanted to clarify. Toyota is indeed giving beige interiors as shown in the photo. This is on the top end versions as well as on the bottom end + safety pack version. The GD-SP version differs from the GD in safety pack and beige interiors + different seat covers.

Considering that the onroad price for GD is 8.2L in Bangalore and GS-SP is 8.8L, i dont think this is a dealer specific addition. I shall however confirm this and report back as soon as i can.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:47   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi all,
Toyota is indeed giving beige interiors as shown in the photo.
What you are saying is now correct. Did you notice the date of my post? Its in August. Actually at that time Toyota dealers used to offer beige interiors (and not only beige - any combination from their palette) on any version of Etios twins. You just needed to order these beforehand. Only caveat was that once applied it will not be changed. They used to charge about Rs. 40,000/- for this job.

However, beginning September 2012, Toyota has started offering beige interiors (as you have mentioned on GD-SP) as factory option.
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 11:28   #728
BHPian

Quote:
What you are saying is now correct. Did you notice the date of my post? Its in August. Actually at that time Toyota dealers used to offer beige interiors (and not only beige - any combination from their palette) on any version of Etios twins. You just needed to order these beforehand. Only caveat was that once applied it will not be changed. They used to charge about Rs. 40,000/- for this job.

However, beginning September 2012, Toyota has started offering beige interiors (as you have mentioned on GD-SP) as factory option.
hi Sarthak!
So, thanks very much for this extended piece of information!

Yes, i did notice the date, and i was not in any way disputing what you said. Since there was no update on the interiors after these discussions, I posted this to make sure that prospective buyers who visit this thread have all the latest information. Thats what Team-Bhp is about, to have a healthy discussion and keep ourselves and the users updated on the latest!
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 22:04   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
hi Sarthak!
Since there was no update on the interiors after these discussions,e links I posted this to make sure that prospective buyers who visit this thread have all the latest information.
Thanks @deep_bang. Here are the links for discussions related to updated interiors in Liva and Etios:

Link 1: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...interiors.html

Link 2: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...interiors.html
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:17   #730
Senior - BHPian

Went through this thread and couldn't find the information I am looking for, so posting this query

Has anyone driven the petrol Etios with CNG kit fitted from dealers side, how is the performance? Is the cng kit fitted by dealers as that's what I have heard here. Also heard they get it done outside and charge more to get the warranty intact.

Which kit is being used and how much boot space does it occupy, relative is very keen on buying one second variant which costs some 6.3L on road with CNG kit fitted.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2012 at 12:31. Reason: PM coming up
Old 4th November 2012, 06:50   #731

Etios is popular as a taxi so any taxi owner will give you the best feedback on the CNG experience on Etios.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:12   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota_fan_boy View Post
Etios is popular as a taxi so any taxi owner will give you the best feedback on the CNG experience on Etios.
Toyota hasn't come up with its own CNG kit for Etios. Any kits in the market are not Toyota certified. Better stay away from these after-market CNG kits. As I got to understand and saw quite a few cases at dealership, there are cases of CNG fitted Etios being used by Taxi operators facing issues with the kit. They come to the dealership with various issues. Dealership checks them out with petrol ONLY and certify that there is no issue with the car but issues occurring due to the CNG kit fitted from after-market and to get it rectified from where it is fitted. If for personal use, better wait until Toyota launches CNG kit fitted Etios or makes its kit available for Etios just like Innova.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2012 at 12:31. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 4th November 2012, 12:45   #733
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2012 at 12:30.
vijaythacker is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th November 2012, 13:05   #734
Senior - BHPian

Vijay, that kit must be arranged by dealer on own in liaison with some third party vendor, as Toyota surely is not out with its CNG kit for Etios. They are keeping warranty because they are fitting in their workshop on their own. Toyota doesn't govern that. But if major issues occur, Toyota will not honor it and it will be upto the dealer to salvage the situation.
Old 24th December 2012, 19:47   #735
BHPian

had no pleasure to drive the ETIOS- I really could not bare the noisy sound of this delicate car, the engine was too noisy this was the first ever car which I really found it irritating to drive & my test ride session ended in about 8 to 10 mins.

The diesel variant was too noisy for me to bear- is it that i feel so or many of you have experienced this- however I was amazed to see its performance I am scared to buy only for its no resale value

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks