No, life tax is 14% now
I am afraid not. See link below

Life tax
Old 1st November 2011, 00:13   #3347
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notyetgrey View Post
Am planning a visit tomorrow and will update the thread with my discussions on the Incidental charges.
This is way too high and it looks to me as if the dealer is trying to cheat you. The Pdi/handling/logistics charges range from 3-5k at the max. Do check out with another dealer itself in hyderabad. In delhi I don't remember correctly but these charges were around 4k for the Vento.
Old 1st November 2011, 00:52   #3348
Team-BHP Support

Spoke to a sales representative this evening, and the following are what he offered if the vehicle was booked today. Either one of the options could be chosen by the buyer:
  • Free insurance and 15,000 worth of accessories. Insurance for the Trend Line Vento Diesel is 30K odd.
  • 6.99% rate of interest for a 3 year term.
  • Complimentary Breeze package.

Delivery schedule for a Vento Diesel TL is 15 day odd. Also, the reverse parking sensors are now standard on the TL trim.

There are no discounts / deals as of now on the Highline trim Vento Diesel and delivery schedule for the same is 3 weeks.

The deals could be carried on to next month too, my guess would be the discount would deepen from hereon considering its the Rapid due to be launched on 16.11.2011 would undercut a similar trim Vento, or add a lot more kit for the same price. Add to that the end of 2011 and one cannot ig nore the fact that most dealers want to vacate the current year stocks whilst moving into 2012.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 12:57   #3349
BHPian

Considering the amount of deals on offer for Vento, I guess it was a bad decision to buy a vento just after it was launched. Has the insurance premium come down so much? I remember it used to be around 40k
Old 1st November 2011, 13:43   #3350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subodh View Post
Considering the amount of deals on offer for Vento, I guess it was a bad decision to buy a vento just after it was launched. Has the insurance premium come down so much? I remember it used to be around 40k
Subodh, a small consolation is that at least the base price was lower and further we enjoyed nearly a year more of driving it
Have you made any progress with the tyre upgrade ? PM me please if you have made inquiries , Yoko-C is being quoted 5200/- each
Old 1st November 2011, 18:51   #3351
Senior - BHPian

If I recollect right, there isnt any discount/deals on the HL TDI. All these offers are on the TL trim.

Would you mind if I share my feedback on the second part of your question? Actually, I posted the following details in the vento tyre upgrade thread, but it may be a good option for us to continue this discussion here.

Was shopping around for some options in 205/55/R15 last weekend and surprisingly could manage to find only continental CPC2 in this specification. No yoko's/michelin's/even bridgestones. I think yoko's have only S drives in this specification, but I'm looking for more comfort and low noise, not the sporty types.

Continental CPC2 costs 6100-6400 per tyre in chennai as quoted by different tyre dealers. While, im fairly confident about CPC2 reading through the feedback from owners, still a little disappointed at the lack of options in this spec.

Any pointers guys? I dont think pirelli's are widely available yet.

I would also want to add the wet grip levels of apollo aceleres arent anything to write home about. Realized it as it is currently raining for the past one week or so in chennai.

I may actually take the plunge and upgrade the stock tyres very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Subodh, a small consolation is that at least the base price was lower and further we enjoyed nearly a year more of driving it
Have you made any progress with the tyre upgrade ? PM me please if you have made inquiries , Yoko-C is being quoted 5200/- each
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 19:07   #3352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Would you mind if I share my feedback on the second part of your question? Actually, I posted the following details in the vento tyre upgrade thread, but it may be a good option for us to continue this discussion here.

Was shopping around for some options in 205/55/R15 last weekend and surprisingly could manage to find only continental CPC2 in this specification. No yoko's/michelin's/even bridgestones. I think yoko's have only S drives in this specification, but I'm looking for more comfort and low noise, not the sporty types.

Continental CPC2 costs 6100-6400 per tyre in chennai as quoted by different tyre dealers. While, im fairly confident about CPC2 reading through the feedback from owners, still a little disappointed at the lack of options in this spec.

I would also want to add the wet grip levels of apollo aceleres arent anything to write home about. Realized it as it is currently raining for the past one week or so in chennai.

Bala , you are correct about the lack of options in 205/55 R15 in fact R16 has many more options . I am kind of ditching the 205/55 for 195/60, opting for Yoko's C drive . Read and re-read quite a few reviews of the C drive and they seem to be excellent - got a user review from a BHP-ian too ( khoj - he has been kind enough to pm me his guidance ).
Got a quote of Rs 4900 per tyre from a well known shop - the revision was achieved out of frustration since the shop that I had initially planned to take works only from 10 to 5 ! I had to check out other shops since its tough to match my timing with the lazy schedule
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 19:47   #3353
Senior - BHPian

Fair enough. 195/60 is the next best option and C-drives are a very good choice on this spec.

How much is the buyback for the old apollo aceleres?

Good luck with your tyre search and do post the updates here for us to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Bala , you are correct about the lack of options in 205/55 R15 in fact R16 has many more options . I am kind of ditching the 205/55 for 195/60, opting for Yoko's C drive . Read and re-read quite a few reviews of the C drive and they seem to be excellent - got a user review from a BHP-ian too ( khoj - he has been kind enough to pm me his guidance ).
Got a quote of Rs 4900 per tyre from a well known shop - the revision was achieved out of frustration since the shop that I had initially planned to take works only from 10 to 5 ! I had to check out other shops since its tough to match my timing with the lazy schedule
Old 1st November 2011, 20:17   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80
If I recollect right, there isnt any discount/deals on the HL TDI. All these offers are on the TL trim.

Bala,

I am surprised about your comment on wet grip for the apollo tyres. Past 4 days I have been in Chennai too and did multiple trips on chennai roads including the dreaded Velachery Medavakkam via pallikaranai. I found the grip pretty good and have not had any problem. However I agree on the comfort part. It can be bit better. Will be eagerly watching this space.
Old 1st November 2011, 23:04   #3355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fair enough. 195/60 is the next best option and C-drives are a very good choice on this spec.

How much is the buyback for the old apollo aceleres?

Good luck with your tyre search and do post the updates here for us to see.
Bala I share Prabhu's feedback on the wet grip - I have driven in pouring rains in ghat sections and i found the wet grip to be good enough - comparable to what I used to get on G3s on my Swift earlier at least

I am not planning to sell the apollos , with more than 14K running the residual value would be next to nothing . Would be keeping the old tyres in storage ( provided my wifey doesn't object too much about the space being used up ) just in case there is a scenario where I need to put them back on at a later date to skip voiding of warranty.

Just so wish that Vento came with the R16s like the TJet + , opens up so many options!

Last edited by souravc : 1st November 2011 at 23:08.
Old 2nd November 2011, 22:51   #3356
Senior - BHPian

Wet grip per se is quite OK, but braking performance isn't and hence my comment. I have to also admit that I have been used to much superior grip levels with michelins in my earlier car and hence find the apollos not upto the mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc

Bala I share Prabhu's feedback on the wet grip - I have driven in pouring rains in ghat sections and i found the wet grip to be good enough - comparable to what I used to get on G3s
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:26   #3357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Spoke to a sales representative this evening, and the following are what he offered if the vehicle was booked today. Either one of the options could be chosen by the buyer:
  • Free insurance and 15,000 worth of accessories. Insurance for the Trend Line Vento Diesel is 30K odd.
  • 6.99% rate of interest for a 3 year term.
  • Complimentary Breeze package.
Delivery schedule for a Vento Diesel TL is 15 day odd. Also, the reverse parking sensors are now standard on the TL trim.
Manson, I received pretty much the same offer from my area's VW dealer as well, which I posted in the New Car Price thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-108.html)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just received a quotation for the Vento Highline (petrol) -

Ex-showroom - 8,42,574/-
Insurance - 32,907/-
Registration - 61,480/- (comes to 58,980/-, guess 2500/- is Agent commission)
Handling Charges & Teflon Coating - 6,000/- (definitely skipping Teflon Coating)
---------------
OTR - 9,42,961/-
---------------

Discounts offered:
- Insurance waived off completely, (first thought to get Insurance done from outside, but if they are waiving it I might reconsider. Or press for equivalent cash discount)
- 15,000 Cash Discount.
- 10,000 Corporate Discount.
-------------------
Final OTR - 8,85,054/-
-------------------
I am already stretching my initial budget by at least 1.5L, but I feel I can manage it.

The Highline TDi is way beyond my budget.

What I would want some advice on, is this - is it advisable to go for the Trendline Diesel or the Highline Petrol? My running will be about 500-600 kms per month.

With petrol prices twanging up virtually every 3 months (expect to rise by another 2/- in the coming week or so), it will be no time before it touches 100/ltr. Diesel, however, might not see such a steep rise in the coming times, and needless to say, the Vento TDi is pretty much a new benchmark (performance-wise) in it's segment, and offers pretty solid FE figures as well.

Both are priced almost similarly, and the TL Diesel Vento (Breeze) has reverse parking sensors extra, and a touchscreen HU + GPS. But the Diesel will be a TL, and the Petrol HL is pretty much equipped with all features bar a few, such as reverse parking sensors, touchscreen HU and steering mounted controls (among others).

If I go for the TDi, do I need to do anything different than how I would maintain a petrol car? I have zero experience in diesel engines, except for knowing one fact that they are noisy as heck.
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:27   #3358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wet grip per se is quite OK, but braking performance isn't and hence my comment. I have to also admit that I have been used to much superior grip levels with michelins in my earlier car and hence find the apollos not upto the mark.
Ah , that would surely explain the difference in our feedback . I am comparing it with JK tyres and Bridgestone G3s , Michelins would be superior. Today had a narrow escape in an incident where the braking was tested to the hilt. I was going on one of these roads at apprx 60 kmph and saw a Skoda superb going unusually slowly around 100 m ahead on the left lane of the road . I moved right to overtake him maintaining my speed . When I was roughly 20 m behind him , he suddenly swerved right without switching any indicator, etc . There is some elevated highway which is getting constructed and there was a huge pillar on the right so I did not have any place to go. I just climbed on the brakes , fortunately my Vento stopped on time . Tyres were slipping ( there were a few gravels on the road but it maybe that Apollo grip failed me on this occasion ) and the ABS had kicked in
It so happened that the moron was talking on his mobile and decided to swerve right when he saw a fuel pump, as he needed to refuel. This he did without any warning !
Old 3rd November 2011, 00:43   #3359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Manson, I received pretty much the same offer from my area's VW dealer as well, which I posted in the New Car Price thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-108.html)

I am already stretching my initial budget by at least 1.5L, but I feel I can manage it.

What I would want some advice on, is this - is it advisable to go for the Trendline Diesel or the Highline Petrol? My running will be about 500-600 kms per month.

With petrol prices twanging up virtually every 3 months (expect to rise by another 2/- in the coming week or so), it will be no time before it touches 100/ltr. Diesel, however, might not see such a steep rise in the coming times, and needless to say, the Vento TDi is pretty much a new benchmark (performance-wise) in it's segment, and offers pretty solid FE figures as well.

Both are priced almost similarly, and the TL Diesel Vento (Breeze) has reverse parking sensors extra, and a touchscreen HU + GPS. But the Diesel will be a TL, and the Petrol HL is pretty much equipped with all features bar a few, such as reverse parking sensors, touchscreen HU and steering mounted controls (among others).

If I go for the TDi, do I need to do anything different than how I would maintain a petrol car? I have zero experience in diesel engines, except for knowing one fact that they are noisy as heck.
Strictly my opinion which is likely to be heavily flawed

With your kind of driving you would be better off with the highline petrol, I would hate to ignore the benefits of alloys, airbags and ABS - touchscreen , HU, reverse parking be damned , safety comes first and foremost. the petrol engine is a good engine and the car is no slouch even though it misses the TDi turbo burst . Though come to think of it , since you are going to mostly do city driving you would barely use 50% of the torque band for most of the time.
If you are madly in love with the fab TDi engine ( which seems from your post ) , then you should get yourself the trendline - BHP-ian Mikon would be able to help you advice on the TL . He has done 19K on it .

Maintenance of TDi - Ventos have their first service ( paid) after 15,000 km or 1 year whichever is earlier and advises 1 year service interval . You may need an engine oil top-up mid year , otherwise there is nothing special required . I also made the transition from the petrol only to a TDi , pretty happy with the experience .

TDi engines would be noisy and clutch would be hard to start off with
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:55   #3360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are spending close to 9L of your hard earned money, why are you not insisting on having ABS+Airbags in any car you buy ? These should be the first items on your wishlist - god forbid if you end up in any unfortunate accident, these will save your and your families life.

VW has been a cheapo in cutting down both of these in TL variant, dont even look at it. If you really want a diesel, look at other options in this price range which give you ABS/Airbags or buy the Petrol HL.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks