Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2012, 16:50   #4726
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
Will try and Post the pics by this weekend.

Scan of the Tax Invoice - 3rd Service - Thane VW Service Center.

The labour charges is the KILLER as usual.
Thanks Swift Express for posting the invoices. 7K for labour is indeed too much. For Labour charge calculation I could see the Rate & Quantity. Rate is constant @ 3.50. Is the quantity in minutes? If they are charging per minute basis, then that is too much. (Please correct me if my assumption is wrong here).

The AC Disinfectant labour quantity is mentioned as 152.7. I am completely zapped . VW measures the time taken for a labour activity to a second, simply amazing. Wonder how they keep a track of it.
Old 18th July 2012, 17:14   #4727
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will try and Post the pics by this weekend.

Attachment 958461

Attachment 958462

The labour charges is the KILLER as usual.
Had to replace the main bulb in left side front head lamp while driving back from delhi post my ladakh trip. Had followed the instructions given in the manual. It was not easy as it was mentioned..... Very difficult as you have the remove the headlight box and then fiddle with the bulb lock to remove and replace.... Fitting the headlight again was even more difficult ... The allignment would just not come right. Did a temp job then and asked the service guys here to fit it again.... Got charged Rs 100 plus for that also
Hi Ajay,
Ridiculous quotations on several labor activities (Line items 12 - 18). Don't even want to comment on those! But apart from that I see two labor charges
- Washing: 730Rs
- Interior Cleaning: 1740Rs

As far as I can remember, VW does washing (interior & exterior) as a part of general checkup; the total cost for this is less than 400 Rs. Did they do anything extra ordinary? Like maybe taking a tweezer and pick out every dust particle from the interiors of the car?
Old 18th July 2012, 20:20   #4728
BHPian

Yesterday evening, on a routine weekly operational check I opened bonnet and to my surprise engine cover (the one with VW embossed) was missing!! When I called up Service Advisor who attended to my car last week, he simply refused to have misplaced it at the service center and sounded as if I have misplaced.

I had been making multiple trips to the service center for fixing clutch vibration issue in my Vento and last week too had an appointment with VW technician to inspect the same.

I lost my patience after hearing service advisors' response and I reached out to a contact with VW to apprise him about the incident. As per his advice, I sent him a mail with details and snap of missing cover.

Today, morning I received a call from the same service advisor that they "managed" to trace the missing cover and will sent a driver to pick car to get it fixed. This is height of negligence...

Normally, when our car is delivered after service, we thoroughly check for car exterior, interior and might take a test drive to verify if any reported issue has been rectified. However, might not check bonnet (always). I learned a lesson with this incident to also open bonnet during car delivery and confirm all visually identifiable parts are intact.

I thought to share my experience to alert you about an additional check to be done during car delivery after service.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-20120717-top-cover-missing.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 23rd July 2012 at 17:34. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please do NOT cut-copy-paste from other word softwares
fiesta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 20:41   #4729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay thanks for posting the service records, which has given us an insight how well these VW goons are robbing in the name of service.

Who does interior cleaning for Rs. 1740 and washing for Rs. 730. Thats day light robbery. VW Nerul charges Rs. 350 + taxes additional, for washing. Since I did 900 Km journey wanted to get the undercarriage, wheel wells & interior cleaned which had all become red due to Konkani ferric mud.

Finally got it done from 3M Car Care, Seawoods for Rs. 444 which included washing undercarriage, wheel wells, 3M foam wash, interior cleaning, dashboard dressing and finally 3M tyre dressing. All that for 444 including every damn tax.

At one point 3M guy was tired of washing the car due to, too much mud.

Got it all done in an hours time, whereas at VW they would have taken 3 hrs to get it done and would have just given a wash only and wouldn't have cleaned undercarriage.

I would request you too have the charges rechecked and ask them to refund it as they are astronomically high.

Query: Has any Vento owner used Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades? Planning to change the current ones on my Vento as they are giving too many streaks.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 23:16   #4730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Does any of you know whats this pipe is for? It was quite cool and water/mist deposited on it.
That's the pipe carrying the air conditioning refrigerant to the radiator for heat exchange prior to feeding it to the compressor. Condensation is common , thats the water that drips down when you run the AC on a humid day
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 23:49   #4731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks Swift Express for posting the invoices. 7K for labour is indeed too much. For Labour charge calculation I could see the Rate & Quantity. Rate is constant @ 3.50. Is the quantity in minutes? If they are charging per minute basis, then that is too much. (Please correct me if my assumption is wrong here).

The AC Disinfectant labour quantity is mentioned as 152.7. I am completely zapped . VW measures the time taken for a labour activity to a second, simply amazing. Wonder how they keep a track of it.
I have written about this issue earlier also in this thread. There is no standardization in the charges being levied across VW Service centers. I had my 1 st service done from here ended up with a bill of Rs 10 k and the guys had not changed the fuel filter then. 2nd was done in GOA at 28 k kms as the Reinforced rubber Turbo Pipe had got blown open with a crack.They charged Rs 8.8 k including fuel filter change.One can understand there can be marginal differences in labor charges on account of the varying remunerations across cities .... But it should be marginal.....

AC Disinfectant Charges (Agree with u)----- DID THEY DID THEY DO A PEST CONTROL !!! Just being sarcastic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Hi Ajay,
Ridiculous quotations on several labor activities (Line items 12 - 18). Don't even want to comment on those! But apart from that I see two labor charges
- Washing: 730Rs
- Interior Cleaning: 1740Rs

As far as I can remember, VW does washing (interior & exterior) as a part of general checkup; the total cost for this is less than 400 Rs. Did they do anything extra ordinary? Like maybe taking a tweezer and pick out every dust particle from the interiors of the car?
In regular cleaning they only vacuum the interiors and clean the dashboard and other plastics. After coming back from ladakh the interiors were in real bad shape the leather feel Seat covers in particular and also the roof cover. Must say they did a good job and have applied polish also on the plastics. Was told about the charges before i said yes for having the same done. But now in hindsight i do feel i have been ripped. Should have got done in at one of the many malls here where car cleaners are present or at 3M as told by EL...

Quote:
Ajay thanks for posting the service records, which has given us an insight how well these VW goons are robbing in the name of service.

Who does interior cleaning for Rs. 1740 and washing for Rs. 730. Thats day light robbery. VW Nerul charges Rs. 350 + taxes additional, for washing. Since I did 900 Km journey wanted to get the undercarriage, wheel wells & interior cleaned which had all become red due to Konkani ferric mud.

Finally got it done from 3M Car Care, Seawoods for Rs. 444 which included washing undercarriage, wheel wells, 3M foam wash, interior cleaning, dashboard dressing and finally 3M tyre dressing. All that for 444 including every damn tax.

At one point 3M guy was tired of washing the car due to, too much mud.

Got it all done in an hours time, whereas at VW they would have taken 3 hrs to get it done and would have just given a wash only and wouldn't have cleaned undercarriage.

I would request you too have the charges rechecked and ask them to refund it as they are astronomically high.
Thanks. Have seen the 3M Center in Nerul.... Next time will surely go for the same.... The Nerul VW CTR charging Rs 350--- This is what i have just stated on standardization --- Nerul and Thane are not that Far and not much difference in land and manpower prices either. Thanks for sharing the info. Gives me enough AMMO to take it up with VW on the issue of standardization of charges..... btw when did u do the first service. For the 4 th service will have it done from Nerul

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
That's the pipe carrying the air conditioning refrigerant to the radiator for heat exchange prior to feeding it to the compressor. Condensation is common , thats the water that drips down when you run the AC on a humid day
You are right... I also have noticed condensation here. In fact when you touch the pipe it is cold. The water down accumulating down was much less when my car went left the coast and went towards the hill. Humidity is the factor !!!!
Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 12:45   #4732

Additional speakers for RCD310

I will be getting Vento Highline TDI within a weeks time. The RCD 310 entertainment system comes with 4 speakers. Is it possible to add 2 tweeters /speakers to make the audio better in the same system. Does Volkswagen itself adds the extra speakers/tweeters as accessory? Because adding speakers from outside might discard my warranty? There are 4 speakers one each on every door if I am not mistaken. Two speakers more can be added just behind the seats on the parcel tray. Or 2 tweeters can be added in the front. Has anyone done this here?
Old 19th July 2012, 18:44   #4733
Senior - BHPian

Re: Additional speakers for RCD310

My cars ACC is now working fine without any hiccups. All is well, touchwood.

Quote:
Should have got done in at one of the many malls here where car cleaners are present or at 3M as told by EL...

btw when did u do the first service. For the 4 th service will have it done from Nerul
I wouldn't trust car cleaners at mall either. 3M Car Care are professional and use quality products. You can contact 3M Car Care Seawoods at 241233588 and do take prior appointment.

I got my 1st service done on 4 April 2012 from VW Nerul. Costed me Rs. 7544. Link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goXrive View Post
I will be getting Vento Highline TDI within a weeks time. The RCD 310 entertainment system comes with 4 speakers. Is it possible to add 2 tweeters /speakers to make the audio better in the same system. Does Volkswagen itself adds the extra speakers/tweeters as accessory? Because adding speakers from outside might discard my warranty? There are 4 speakers one each on every door if I am not mistaken. Two speakers more can be added just behind the seats on the parcel tray. Or 2 tweeters can be added in the front. Has anyone done this here?
I would suggest you to use the current setup for some days, if you are not satisfied, then go in for change. Put components speakers in the front with the tweeter at the A-Pillar and co-axial at rear.

Get in touch with bhpians Nileshch, TopSpeeder & Subodh who all have done very good ICE setup on their Vento. Try posting on ICE thread to get more info. Link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:05   #4734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing the info. Can you take some pictures of the Bulk Head /Bracket & post them here for better understanding?
Pics of the damaged Bulk head and the new one along with pic of the damaged front brake disc.

Pic 1 - Broken Bulk Head (Position in which it is fitted- Notice the lock for the bonnet on top)
Pic 2 - Broken Bulk Head (Broken section highlighted in red)
Pic 3 - New Bulk Head from behind ( Notice the metal case running inside the Plastic Bulk head highlighted in green - don't think it extends till down, Plastic Bulk head highlighted in red) The metal case is not part of the Plastic Bulk head.
Pic 4 - New Bulk Head ( Ends highlighted with red lines)
Pic 5 - New Bulk Head (Metal casing highlighted)
Pic 6 - Damaged Front Brake Disc. Notice the deep cut line highlighted in black
If you notice such lines please replace the disc immediately as otherwise your brake pads will wear out quickly like it happened in my case.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bulkheadbroken-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bulkheadbroken-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bulkheadnew-1.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bulkheadnew-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-bulkheadnew-3.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-disc.jpg  

Swift Express is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:15   #4735
BHPian

Guys, need help got sandwiched betweena a swift and a wagon R, thanks to an auto which cut across the swift.

Front bumper has 2 cracks one under the logo which is 8 cms long and one near the left headlamp which is around 4 cms long. Rear bumper has no visual damage besides a 1cm long crack on the part of the bumper facing upward next to the tail lights.

Every other system including reverse sensors and lights etc seems to be fine. So only plastic braking - the car took the sandwiching pretty nicely! Sturdy like a tank. One should have seen the swift's bumper - was flattened like thin crust pizza.

What's the cost of bumper replacement? On the parts list it's around 3,500 besides that what all is added and in what quantum? How long does this job take?

Please help.
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:50   #4736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pics of the damaged Bulk head and the new one along with pic of the damaged front brake disc.
What was the total damage? Did insurance cover it all. Pardon me if you have already answered it.

In the fourth picture, on closer look coolant levels are below minimum. Have it topped up with G12 from VW Workshop, ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Guys, need help got sandwiched betweena a swift and a wagon R, thanks to an auto which cut across the swift
Sorry to hear about the incident. Good to no one was hurt which also shows quality of German build.

If you have Zero Dep policy, don't worry you can have the front & rear bumper replaced for free by just paying the processing cost which shouldn't amount more than Rs. 3000, IIRC. You would just lose 20% NCB on next renewal and same insurer might not want to give you Zero Dep policy.
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:55   #4737
BHPian

Quote:
What was the total damage? Did insurance cover it all. Pardon me if you have already answered it.

In the fourth picture, on closer look coolant levels are below minimum. Have it topped up with G12 from VW Workshop, ASAP.

Sorry to hear about the incident. Good to no one was hurt which also shows quality of German build.

If you have Zero Dep policy, don't worry you can have the front & rear bumper replaced for free by just paying the processing cost which shouldn't amount more than Rs. 3000, IIRC. You would just lose 20% NCB on next renewal and same insurer might not want to give you Zero Dep policy.
Don't have zero dep afaik. Don't plan to change rear bumper - only front.

Don't plan to claim insurance unless its beyond 6-7k.Thinking of getting estimate sometime mid-week and give the car for the job during the 7,500kms "general checkup" which I was advised.

Any idea how long can a job like this take?
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:09   #4738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
During next renewal, change over to Zero Dep, saves a lot. When the Vento goes for repairs, you did be surprised how much difference Zero Dep makes these days.

Do ask the workshop guys to check the rear bumper and parts hidden by it for any damages, as it is not visible.

Quote:
Don't plan to claim insurance unless its beyond 6-7k.Thinking of getting estimate sometime mid-week and give the car for the job during the 7,500kms "general checkup" which I was advised.
Front bumper costs Rs. 3412 part number 6RU807221 GRU and painting it would additionally cost 3-5K. Painting is more expensive, don't know why. Have a check on headlight assembly, as during an accident the clips holding it breaks and they move inwards to prevent any damage.

Quote:
I won't be in a good position to comment on it. Workshop guys would give a correct estimate, as parts availability is a concern. Could be at least a week or so.
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:33   #4739
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, looks like the car took some big craters badly hence the damage. The plastic build of the bulk head can be attributed to cost cutting measures as well as weight reducing measures. Pick your poison .

Quote:
If you notice such lines please replace the disc immediately as otherwise your brake pads will wear out quickly like it happened in my case.
Does the old disc have some undulations when you feel it? The deep gash does make it qualify for a replacement. My SA told me that I won't face any issues with the undulations as of now. The braking is still as good as before.

Quote:

Painting charges are additional to about Rs 5000 at least for each bumper (higher for the front one as they replace the entire bumper). I think having zero depreciation doesn't cover the entire charges of painting. I think its only 50%. When I got my rear bumper replaced at least that's what I was told.

Quote:
Will depend on the availability of the bumper. If it is available you can have the car back in a day.

Quote:
During next renewal, change over to Zero Dep, saves a lot. When the Vento goes for repairs, you did be surprised how much difference Zero Dep makes these days.
Good point but I am not sure about these policies. They say a lot of things when they sell it to you. In my case, I am being quoted 3/4K more by Bajaj for renewal for zero depreciation and they say that the entire engine with its parts are covered which their competitors don't cover. Need to peel off these layers of onion to understand what's the whole deal .
Old 22nd July 2012, 21:46   #4740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Wow, looks like the car took some big craters badly hence the damage. The plastic build of the bulk head can be attributed to cost cutting measures as well as weight reducing measures. Pick your poison .

Does the old disc have some undulations when you feel it? The deep gash does make it qualify for a replacement. My SA told me that I won't face any issues with the undulations as of now. The braking is still as good as before.

Painting charges are additional to about Rs 5000 at least for each bumper (higher for the front one as they replace the entire bumper). I think having zero depreciation doesn't cover the entire charges of painting. I think its only 50%. When I got my rear bumper replaced at least that's what I was told.

Will depend on the availability of the bumper. If it is available you can have the car back in a day.

Good point but I am not sure about these policies. They say a lot of things when they sell it to you. In my case, I am being quoted 3/4K more by Bajaj for renewal for zero depreciation and they say that the entire engine with its parts are covered which their competitors don't cover. Need to peel off these layers of onion to understand what's the whole deal .
Ouch! That means around 10k approx! That sad to know, I was happy to see 3500. I got insurance free so never really bothered about zero dep don't think it saves much unless you have lot of twisted metal and internals, in everyday incidents its mostly plastics or paints which takes the beating.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks