Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 08:16   #4711
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Thinking of going in for this emblem - GTI Front Grill Emblem POLO VW Black Limited Edition | eBay to add a personal touch to my Vento - anyone has added it? Any comments on the idea? Along side ordering the stubby and the tyre valves.
For the informed folks, it will look fake, because VW don’t have a GTI sedan. If you really want to add a bit of sportiness, maybe a GLI badge is better (similar to Jetta GLI)
Old 17th July 2012, 08:16   #4712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30

Thanks but he has put a Honeycomb grill, where as I have just ordered the embelem, which is a screw in. Hopefully it fill look good.

So first 3 "mods"for my Silver Surfer have been ordered
Personally, GTI will suit polo only as these trims are for polo. Though vento is a derived sedan from polo, I would refrain from polo-nizing the vento as each one has unique identity.

Stubby is a great product. Make sure you order the tyre valves with screw locks to prevent loss or theft
Old 17th July 2012, 09:09   #4713
BHPian

What is the real mileage of this car in city & highway? When I did a test drive it showed average 13-14 only. Sales guy claims 15 in city and 20 in highway!
Old 17th July 2012, 11:27   #4714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
In continuation to the above post and picture of the damage posted, I noticed another crack in a plastic part near the radiator. It is some kind of a bracket to hold radiator because a similar structure is seen on the RHS as well.

In the picture 1, I have circled that cracked plastic part in red and the second picture has the close up of the same.
Aniket: If I would have been in your place, my priority would have been to get the bracket (which I think is the lock carrier) which got cracked in my vento as well, the cost of it is 4,200/- replaced first, now if that means getting the bumper replaced as well, I would have gotten it done.

My logic, as far as I understand, the lock carrier holds the radiators and some important parts of the Aircon together, if that goes for a toss, there is a high possibility of you incurring a bigger damage.....

Inbox me your number, I will give u a buzz we can discuss this offline, I had similar problems with the lock carrier and finally got it replaced.... will give you my inputs....

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th July 2012 at 12:35. Reason: Please dont quote a long post. Thanks
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 11:55   #4715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Severe rattling from the rear parcel tray on my vento. Opened the boot and pushed it up with my fingers . It seems to be loosely placed there with some foam pieces randomly distributed under it. is it the same on all ventos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Initially I thought the same that it was the rear seat . Hunted around a bit and found the culprit the loose rear parcel tray bouncing around ever so little and touching the rear glass with each bounce plus touching the metal frame on which I it's placed
Have you removed the rear parcel shelf for any purpose? like sticking the window film etc?
This, normally, is a culprit where I have seen personally that foam had come off when film installer took off the rear parcel shelf. And after this whenever car goes thru potholes, I have seen same kind of vibration happening from rear side.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:08   #4716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN

Have you removed the rear parcel shelf for any purpose? like sticking the window film etc?
This, normally, is a culprit where I have seen personally that foam had come off when film installer took off the rear parcel shelf. And after this whenever car goes thru potholes, I have seen same kind of vibration happening from rear side.
No antonichen. Have never removed the parcel tray . Even sun film installation was done with the tray in place. Guess the foam started moving away with frequent visits to the potholes. Will have to find a way of securing it . Anyway will get it checked At the service centre
Old 17th July 2012, 17:07   #4717
BHPian

I remember that the trendline variant was not available in other colours except white and red. Is it the same now? Carwale showing that more colours available for TL variant.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:19   #4718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
I remember that the trendline variant was not available in other colours except white and red. Is it the same now? Carwale showing that more colours available for TL variant.
TL variant is avaiable in many more colors. We need to ask the dealer for it. Also you may double check with the customer care.
Old 17th July 2012, 19:55   #4719
BHPian

Good points vb-san and NewtonMeter will only use the emblem if it really looks well, otherwsie probably gift it to a friend with a Polo!

By the way guys! My Ownership thread is finally online! Would love if you guys give it a read and leave your comments and feedback

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html
madnish30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:29   #4720
BHPian

Just got delivery of my Vento TDI Post 3rd Service 45 K.
Total Bill Rs 24 K Approx.Amount is on the higher side as i had to replace Both the Front Brake Discs (Rs 4K Approx) and the Brake Pads as well (Rs 2k Approx).The Bulk Head (Bracket - As Some of the BHPIANS are referring to here ) Also had to be replaced- (Rs 4 k Approx). This is the second time that i have to replace the Bulk head. Earlier this year had to replace the bumper and the bracket. Had claimed on my Insurance Zero Dep Policy then. Must say the Bulk head i.e. the bracket is made of plastic and is bound to break if your vehicle even slightly collides with any object in front. ex in bumper to bumper traffic.This time around while driving in ladakh - Pangong So lake the underbody of the bumper got scrapped and hence the plastic sheet below the bumper had come off when the car went down on a depression.This was enough for the bulk head also to break.

Since this part holds the Radiator / Intercooller and other parts together it would be a high risk if one drives without repairing it. The next hit you will take in the front will result in the above mentioned parts getting damaged.

On the Front brakes- Had replaced the front disc pads at 32 k kms . The the service advisor had then said that the discs are also slightly damaged but will not be much of an issue. I guess the scratch marks on the discs would have caused the new break pads to wear down quickly and hence had to replace both the discs as well as the brake pads.

Will scan and attached the bill details shortly.

VW needs to reelook at the quality and material used in making the bracket i.e. bulk head or carrier as it is depicted in the bill. Every time it cant just keep breaking and that too when it is holding/supporting so many important components.
Swift Express is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 20:32   #4721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
What is the real mileage of this car in city & highway? When I did a test drive it showed average 13-14 only. Sales guy claims 15 in city and 20 in highway!
A lot depends on how you drive it - BHPians have claimed to get upto 17 KMPL too in city, I however get 13-14 in City. You can read more about my mileage - written in detail about it - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html
Old 17th July 2012, 21:05   #4722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Express View Post
The Bulk Head (Bracket - As Some of the BHPIANS are referring to here ) Also had to be replaced- (Rs 4 k Approx). This is the second time that i have to replace the Bulk head. Earlier this year had to replace the bumper and the bracket. Had claimed on my Insurance Zero Dep Policy then. Must say the Bulk head i.e. the bracket is made of plastic and is bound to break if your vehicle even slightly collides with any object in front. ex in bumper to bumper traffic.
..... Since this part holds the Radiator / Intercooller and other parts together it would be a high risk if one drives without repairing it. The next hit you will take in the front will result in the above mentioned parts getting damaged.
Now this seems to be a genuine cause of concern. Might be a better idea to periodically get this checked or do a self check to ensure nothing is amiss here. Will also ask my SA about this when I go for my first service.

Quote:
This time around while driving in ladakh - Pangong So lake the underbody of the bumper got scrapped and hence the plastic sheet below the bumper had come off when the car went down on a depression.This was enough for the bulk head also to break.
Would love to hear your experience in Ladakh with the Vento. Hope you are planning to write a travelogue soon
Old 17th July 2012, 21:34   #4723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just got delivery of my Vento TDI Post 3rd Service 45 K.
Total Bill Rs 24 K Approx.Amount is on the higher side as i had to replace Both the Front Brake Discs (Rs 4K Approx) and the Brake Pads as well (Rs 2k Approx).The Bulk Head (Bracket - As Some of the BHPIANS are referring to here ) Also had to be replaced- (Rs 4 k Approx). This is the second time that i have to replace the Bulk head.
Thanks for sharing the info. Can you take some pictures of the Bulk Head /Bracket & post them here for better understanding? Hats off to you for taking your Vento on the treacherous roads of Leh/Laddakh

Quote:
Will scan and attached the bill details shortly.
Looking forward to the bill as I want to know besides the 10K listed above, what are the parts/labour on which the balance 14K was spent?
Old 18th July 2012, 15:43   #4724
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend did a 900 Kms trip to Ganpatipule via NH17 to and fro in my Vento TDi and all is well. Enjoyed the car thoroughly, rough roads, fast corners, straights, car never disappointed me.

The Problem :

Suddenly today while returning to home, my ACC(Automatic Climate Control) acted funny. It was just blowing air, i.e. no cooling effect.

Switched off the ACC and switched it on again, but no change. Thought of going to VW Workshop but since I was just 1 km away from my home, managed to get home without any problems. Since sometimes going to workshop has a cascading effect.

Mostly we all know, German cars have too much gadgetry & functions which sometime conks off. So after reaching home, switched off the car and even locked it. After 10 mins, started it again. VOILA, ACC is now cooling.

So what went wrong?

Another thing: A day earlier.

While returning back home, hear a load spark sound and I was cruising at 70 Kmph. First thing, I unlocked the car and removed my seat belt and lowered speeds to 30 Kmph. Fire incident came to my mind. But I drove the car for another 2 kms and nothing happened. My luck.

Inspected the engine bay after reaching home and found this.

Does any of you know whats this pipe is for? It was quite cool and water/mist deposited on it.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-16072012673.jpg

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-16072012675.jpg

My daily drive is of 30 Kms, but I'm a bit paranoid with all these incidents. But I haven't lost my confidence in the car.
Old 18th July 2012, 16:30   #4725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for sharing the info. Can you take some pictures of the Bulk Head /Bracket & post them here for better understanding?

Looking forward to the bill as I want to know besides the 10K listed above, what are the parts/labour on which the balance 14K was spent?
Will try and Post the pics by this weekend.

Scan of the Tax Invoice - 3rd Service - Thane VW Service Center.
2 Ajay.PDF

1 ajay.PDF

The labour charges is the KILLER as usual.
Had to replace the main bulb in left side front head lamp while driving back from delhi post my ladakh trip. Had followed the instructions given in the manual. It was not easy as it was mentioned..... Very difficult as you have the remove the headlight box and then fiddle with the bulb lock to remove and replace.... Fitting the headlight again was even more difficult ... The allignment would just not come right. Did a temp job then and asked the service guys here to fit it again.... Got charged Rs 100 plus for that also

Last edited by Swift Express : 18th July 2012 at 16:37.
Swift Express is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks