Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 10:19   #8041
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

2015 'Made In India' Vento ( 2 air bags) for Latin America - gets 5 Star Safety Rating( adult occupant) in Latin NCAP tests.

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-capture.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-cap.jpg
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-c.jpg

http://www.latinncap.com/es/

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th November 2015 at 10:33.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 10:27   #8042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
I went to a well reputed local workshop yesterday and asked them about the same. Was hoping to replace the stock bulbs with Osram's 80/100 ones. They said that although there's no wire cutting involved, VW can technically nullify my warranty based on the extra relay and stuff. I just took the extended warranty 5 months back primarily because of the injector issues that has cropped up in many Ventos. Now I'm really confused. Could really use some better headlights to make those night drives safer.
Yes - VW can void your warranty as you would fiddle with the electical system as per them.

I have been using Philips Extreme vision + ( 55/60 W) bulbs on my Rapid for 4 years now. Lights are bright enough and are effective on highways too.
I would recommend get these installed instead of the relay kits etc. Much safe. These bulbs cost INR 750 each and are available in all shops and online too.
ShaileshHinge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 12:32   #8043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2015 'Made In India' Vento ( 2 air bags) for Latin America - gets 5 Star Safety Rating( adult occupant) in Latin NCAP tests.

And that's why we love german cars. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2015 at 08:00. Reason: Reduced video link from quoted post
Old 17th November 2015, 13:48   #8044
BHPian

Fellas!
Usual question for the Bengaluru vento owners. My Vento's 6 month "checkup" is coming up. Should i make the trip to Hesarghatta or give the service centre's in the city a chance (Whitefield, Rajajinagar?)

I have almost zero complains Just a creaking arm rest that needs a once over. Otherwise the car is SO fine! it is a 1.5TDi Highline (pre facelift).

Cheers!
Old 17th November 2015, 14:08   #8045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Fellas!
Usual question for the Bengaluru vento owners. My Vento's 6 month "checkup" is coming up. Should i make the trip to Hesarghatta or give the service centre's in the city a chance (Whitefield, Rajajinagar?)
Cheers!
I purchased from Palace Cross, but went to Whitefield for the 6 months and 1 year Service. For the 2nd year service I made the trip to Hessarghatta.

They don't really do anything in the 6 month check. If Rajajinagar is accessible, then that would be my choice. Whitefield should also be ok, just that the center is so congested.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:25   #8046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Anybody has any clue of 'crash test weight'? Is it the combined weight of the car and the crash test dummys? How much does a dummy weigh? If the weight is 80kgs for an adult and 7kgs for a child, the weight of the car is similar to the one sold in India. In ACI the weight of Vento is mentioned as 1220kg(ie for a highline diesel) hence the combined weight is 1220+80+80+7=1387.
Or do they only sell the petrol version in those Latin countries? If that is the case, did I miss out on something?

Last edited by ampere : 18th November 2015 at 08:01. Reason: Reduced video link from quoted post; Formatted post
Old 17th November 2015, 14:26   #8047
BHPian

Hi all, according to the test results the Indian made exported version vento has isofix attachments in rear seat- does the India made for domestic use vento have them or our children don't require them 🤕
Old 17th November 2015, 19:10   #8048
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Hi all, according to the test results the Indian made exported version vento has isofix attachments in rear seat- does the India made for domestic use vento have them or our children don't require them 🤕
No the Vento sold here doesn't get the ISOFIX anchors. The seatbelts have to be used with the child seats to fix them in place.
Old 17th November 2015, 23:32   #8049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went to a well reputed local workshop yesterday and asked them about the same. Was hoping to replace the stock bulbs with Osram's 80/100 ones. They said that although there's no wire cutting involved, VW can technically nullify my warranty based on the extra relay and stuff. I just took the extended warranty 5 months back primarily because of the injector issues that has cropped up in many Ventos. Now I'm really confused. Could really use some better headlights to make those night drives safer.
I have had 100/90 Philips Essential Vision on my Vento TDi HL Apr'11 from Day 30. All the 4 injectors failed. No problem whatsoever during replacement of injectors under extended warranty.

Get 100/90 bulbs to make night drives safer.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 23:33   #8050
BHPian

I own a 2012 manufactured flash red Vento TDI. Today morning, before cranking the engine I have checked the engine oil level. I was shocked after seeing the oil level below the minimum mark on the dip stick. The car clocked just 7,800 km after the fourth service at 60,000 km. I have seen reduction in engine oil in the beginning when I first purchased the vehicle too. But I feel this is way too high consumption of engine oil at 7,800 km after the 4th service.

I thought of buying Castrol Edge Titanium 5W-40 SN for top-up but as the VW workshop is close by, I chose to visit them. I have purchased a one litre Castrol magnetec professional and refilled 700ml from it. I don't want to overfill, I just waited until the oil level showed above the mid-mark on the dip stick. The engine oil purchase was quick, my SA Navneeth from PPS Motors Khajaguda attended promptly. The service experience is very good.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-img_4648.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-castrol2.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-castrol1.jpg  

Old 18th November 2015, 00:30   #8051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu View Post
mid-mark on the dip stick. The engine oil purchase was quick, my SA Navneeth from PPS Motors Khajaguda attended promptly. The service experience is very good.
The oil level does drop after 7-8k kms and there have been many cases reported as well, it just does not drop this much. In my car, it drops to the mid mark but i have never seen the oil level at minimum mark.

Vento' dipstick confuses me, when you take the dipstick out, clean it and then put it back to check the oil level, it shows different levels of oil on both sides of the dip stick. One side is on the lower side and the other side is 2-3mm up, have no idea which is the correct reading.
Old 18th November 2015, 00:44   #8052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Vento' dipstick confuses me, when you take the dipstick out, clean it and then put it back to check the oil level, it shows different levels of oil on both sides of the dip stick. One side is on the lower side and the other side is 2-3mm up, have no idea which is the correct reading.

This happens because in some engines the dipstick enters the sump at a slant angle. So effectively the real reading should be the mean median or in between the two levels you see if the slant is around 45deg.
pixantz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 02:29   #8053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If they are not cutting the wires, then warranty is not void.

I have projector headlights setup for the last 4 years, and have gone through multiple warranty and servicing claims - no issues. Several vento long term owners have had projector setups and no issues - this across different cities.

Most of the Vento owners have changed their bulbs to better products within the first few weeks - that's the advice we mostly took heed to and gave freely on this forum. Go ahead and change the bulbs. Look up @el_lobo_6061's ownership thread - he had shared bulb specificiations in one of his posts that work perfectly fine if you want tried and tested options.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2015, 00:00   #8054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
Yes - VW can void your warranty as you would fiddle with the electical system as per them.

I have been using Philips Extreme vision + ( 55/60 W) bulbs on my Rapid for 4 years now. Lights are bright enough and are effective on highways too.
I would recommend get these installed instead of the relay kits etc. Much safe. These bulbs cost INR 750 each and are available in all shops and online too.
I had replaced my stock headlamps with Osram nightbreakers 55/60W about 1.5 years back. Although they do a better job than the stock bulbs, those night drives are becoming increasingly painful. Add a bit of drizzle and I'm a sitting duck! Hence my quest to upgrade to something brighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I have had 100/90 Philips Essential Vision on my Vento TDi HL Apr'11 from Day 30. All the 4 injectors failed. No problem whatsoever during replacement of injectors under extended warranty.

Get 100/90 bulbs to make night drives safer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
If they are not cutting the wires, then warranty is not void.

I have projector headlights setup for the last 4 years, and have gone through multiple warranty and servicing claims - no issues. Several vento long term owners have had projector setups and no issues - this across different cities.

Most of the Vento owners have changed their bulbs to better products within the first few weeks - that's the advice we mostly took heed to and gave freely on this forum. Go ahead and change the bulbs. Look up @el_lobo_6061's ownership thread - he had shared bulb specificiations in one of his posts that work perfectly fine if you want tried and tested options.
Thank you guys. I have finally garnered enough confidence to take the plunge

Last edited by GKR9900 : 19th November 2015 at 00:07.
Old 21st November 2015, 07:46   #8055
BHPian

Will the new 2015 Vento tail lights fit for old 2012 model ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks