Old 9th November 2021, 01:22   #9676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Stephens View Post
Hello Guys,

With a lot of WFH happening was wondering if servicing my 2013 Vento TDI
(ie: Oil and filter change) is a DIY.

Does it need any special equipment or can I do it myself ? - Is there a thread detailing the procedure ?

Thank you.
It is possible but you do need to invest in some basic equipment. A socket wrench set with the appropriate sizes is the main tool you will need apart from a pair of gloves, jack stands (DO NOT attempt to do this on your run of the mill car jack) and a few other knick knacks such as a tray for disposing old oil etc. I have linked a YT channel down below which documents the entire scheduled service step by step. You can refer to it. It has been created by our own fellow mod Gannu. You can also refer to his threads where he has serviced his 1.6 GT TDI many a times and oft.

https://m.youtube.com/c/GaneshBalan

Also please invest in a torque wrench. Most mechanics tighten the oil filter and drain plug bolts simply by hand. There's nothing wrong in doing so, but they have been doing this for years and thus know the appropriate force has been reached without needing a torque wrench. For us average folks, it's better to go by the book in order to avoid mishaps.
Old 9th November 2021, 12:17   #9677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
It is possible but you do need to invest in some basic equipment. A socket wrench set with the appropriate sizes is the main tool you will need apart from a pair of gloves, jack stands (DO NOT attempt to do this on your run of the mill car jack) and a few other knick knacks such as a tray for disposing old oil etc. I have linked a YT channel down below which documents the entire scheduled service step by step. You can refer to it. It has been created by our own fellow mod Gannu. You can also refer to his threads where he has serviced his 1.6 GT TDI many a times and oft.

https://m.Youtube.com/c/GaneshBalan

Also please invest in a torque wrench. Most mechanics tighten the oil filter and drain plug bolts simply by hand. There's nothing wrong in doing so, but they have been doing this for years and thus know the appropriate force has been reached without needing a torque wrench. For us average folks, it's better to go by the book in order to avoid mishaps.
Thank you so much Vishy.
Of course Gannu (Ganesh) I've been following him here, did not know he has his Utube channel - he does the most amazing maintenance and mod work on his Polo. In fact we use the same FNG for our cars and I've been wanting to meet him sometime.

Thank you for the other tips. Will start with the torque wrench and a pair of jacks. Cheers
Adrian Stephens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 18:09   #9678
BHPian

Hello All,

Quick question, I have Vento HL+ TDI DSG 2019 model. Can anyone confirm (who has 2019 HL+ model even the TSI DSG owners) if your car has engine splash shield?
Old 16th December 2021, 01:27   #9679

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
Wonder how big the expense will be? Has anyone experienced this and fixed, please share details.
Hey, did you happen to show this to the service center? By any chance do you recall the expenses incurred. In am in a similar situation. Thankfully for me after trying forcefully it opens up. But looking for a proper way to get this fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th December 2021 at 01:49. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please DO NOT quote large posts entirely. Thanks!
Vik7OO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 02:58   #9680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Hey, did you happen to show this to the service center? By any chance do you recall the expenses incurred. In am in a similar situation. Thankfully for me after trying forcefully it opens up. But looking for a proper way to get this fixed.

It has been few years now so not entirely sure of what happened. But as much as I can remember they replaced a toggle kind of part which gets pushed when closing the lid.
Old 18th December 2021, 16:41   #9681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik7OO View Post
Hey! I remember having my fuel lid actuator replaced a few years back at VW Mumbai service. The part was for about INR 6k IIRC. This was around 3 years back.
Old 28th December 2021, 09:31   #9682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Those bills are quite low! My vento petrol 1.6 costed 10.5k for 2nd service this year. The diesel maintenance is surprisingly cheap then.
Hi Sir,

Reverting to quite an old thread but, I had no other options.

Can you share with me the invoice and its images.

Thanks.
Old 28th December 2021, 11:44   #9683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoyal1996 View Post
Hi Sir,

Thanks.
Please keep in mind that the pricing of parts and labour for the jobs would have seen an increase from 2016.

Do check this thread as well for invoices - VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts
Old 31st December 2021, 13:11   #9684

Hi. I am a new owner of Vento TSI Highline Plus. The car headlights (low beam) are directed towards the left. i.e. the throw to the left is farther and wider, while the throw to the right is shorter and narrower. The service guy mentioned this is as it should be, to avoid the light beam spreading to the right of the road divider. Is this correct or is it a fault in the vehicle that needs to be rectified? Anyone else has faced a similar issue? I could not locate any discussion on this in the forums.
Aspirational is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 16:03   #9685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirational View Post
Hi. I am a new owner of Vento TSI Highline Plus. The car headlights (low beam) are directed towards the left. i.e. the throw to the left is farther and wider, while the throw to the right is shorter and narrower. The service guy mentioned this is as it should be, to avoid the light beam spreading to the right of the road divider. Is this correct or is it a fault in the vehicle that needs to be rectified? Anyone else has faced a similar issue? I could not locate any discussion on this in the forums.
Hi Aspirational, this seems to be normal. The right side beam is always a bit lower than the left.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 16:37   #9686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hi Aspirational, this seems to be normal. The right side beam is always a bit lower than the left.
This is to protect the oncomimg traffic from glare as he will be facing your right beam directly. A safety feature!!! Google assymetric headlight beam length.

Last edited by MADMAX111 : 31st December 2021 at 16:46.
MADMAX111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 12:18   #9687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I dropped the car off at VW ASS PPS Motors today. Due to their workload post festivals, they will be taking up the diagnosis of the car on Wednesday and confirm the plan of action. If the issue is indeed injector failure, they say they can place an order for the parts by 11th and wait for 10 business days for the parts to arrive and then they'd be able fix in 2 days post that. Overall the downtime is very high and I'm really not happy with parts situation for the Vento. This is a bigger issue as its the only car in my garage.

I love this car and I really want to keep it however the parts, service and handling is making me very apprehensive off late. My resolve is being tested.

Hope the experience in Pune ASS might be better. Any pointers please ?
I hope you got the work done with VW ASS - Thats the best option at hand. Even I tried to avoid the huge cost of injector change via an FNG and it caused more damage (additional injector failures due to removal and improper refix) than a solution. IMO, it's not worth the peace of mind.

It's a great car and I totally agree that it's incomparable even with the ventos of the recent days. I made up my mind to spend whatever is required to keep this car running rather than buying a new car - It's better to drive an old car that you really love rather than driving a new one without your heart for it.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 06:13   #9688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoyal1996 View Post
Hi Sir,

Thanks.
The car was sold in 2017, and I have moved countries since. The car was sold to a friend, but I doubt he has actually kept the records with him.

Regards
kkkkkaran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 10:39   #9689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirational View Post
Hi. I am a new owner of Vento TSI Highline Plus. The car headlights (low beam) are directed towards the left. i.e. the throw to the left is farther and wider, while the throw to the right is shorter and narrower.
Hi Aspirational, Almost all cars have the option to adjust the light beam both horizontally and vertically. For that you will have to open the bonnet and check the headlight. There you will find some slots where you can insert an allen key and turn.

I had adjusted the throw of light for the double barrel type headlight. Attaching a pic of the same. You will have to check where the slots are present in led headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review-double_barrel_vw.png  

Atharva4545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 13:06   #9690

Hello, I own a Vento petrol 1.6L which has done almost 50K kms. Recently on a journey I observed the flow from the AC blower went low. The cooling is seems fine but the air flow reduced. When I switched of the AC for sometime and switched back on the blower worked fine. I took the car to VW ASS and they were not able to diagnose. Everything was normal even on the scanner. Could you help what could be the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks