Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2011, 14:36   #181
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Thanks for the above comments.
What is worrisome is that the boot lamp is on when the engine is on. Basically it is on the whole time iam driving!!
Old 7th December 2011, 15:49   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Thanks for the above comments.
What is worrisome is that the boot lamp is on when the engine is on. Basically it is on the whole time iam driving!!
I will confirm what's the state of Boot Light when Engine is On. Did not execute that test case.
Old 7th December 2011, 22:39   #183
BHPian

WindRide, regardless of engine is on or not, boot lamp comes on only when hatch is opened, even if the cabin light switch is set to off position. Get your wiring checked.

Last edited by sbiswas : 7th December 2011 at 22:42.
Old 7th December 2011, 23:48   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
I will confirm what's the state of Boot Light when Engine is On. Did not execute that test case.
Test case executed. Boot Light is off when engine is ON. Boot Line is ON only when hatch is opened.
Old 8th December 2011, 00:01   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Test case executed. Boot Light is off when engine is ON. Boot Line is ON only when hatch is opened.
Same here. Boot light is ON only when the hatch is opened
Old 8th December 2011, 11:44   #186
BHPian

Strangely everything seems to be working fine today morning when i tried it out again.
The boot lamp does stay off when engine is on.

Need to test it again tonight with headlights on. That was when i saw the issue.
Old 10th December 2011, 14:50   #187
BHPian

Anyone here knows where the brake fluid reservoir is located? The diagram in my manual shows it behind the battery +ve terminal but there is nothing I found. The picture below is from earlier kappa version. Here also I do not see it.

Old 12th December 2011, 07:51   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
Anyone here knows where the brake fluid reservoir is located? The diagram in my manual shows it behind the battery +ve terminal but there is nothing I found. The picture below is from earlier kappa version. Here also I do not see it.

Ain't it this one?

Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review-engine_filtered.jpg
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 23:33   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Ain't it this one?

Attachment 854927

Yes, thank you! I was looking at the left side of the bay, behind the battery. So the diagram in the Hyundai manual is incorrect.
Old 30th December 2011, 13:33   #190
BHPian

My short review of i10 after using it for a year.

Engine:- It is powerful only if it not overloaded with three or more people.1st gear is just moving gear and fit for nothing, from 2nd gear onwards the car pulls neatly.

The humming/vibration sound- I still didn't find out what is the reason for this kinda sound. The SA in more than one service centres agree that this is inherent with any i10. Any gear higher than 2nd at or lower to 2000rpm will create this kind of noise. Its is really annoying.

Mileage:- The most debated topic about any i10 is efficiency figures. I will criticize ARAI for giving out fake figures of 21.1kmpl. I think they quote this figure for 2 litres of petrol.

I have never and ever got more than 11-12 kmpl without AC in the city conditions and not more than 13kmpl with mixed driving with AC and Non AC. The running cost per km is Rs. 6.25/- which is simply not worth buying this car. The SA they themselves admit that demanding more than this is not possible. But these figures are always disagreed by some forum members here. (No offence meant).My recent highway trip gave me only 12.85 kmpl.

Comfort and ride quality:- So say with an example. I used i10 this time for my Tirupathi trip. I always use Manza for any highway trip.This time it was an exception. I think i made a mistake. Yes, the family members were facing body pain, unsettled ride quality/ jerks everything and i was advised not to take it out any time for highway trips.On highways the steering feels very light and due to that, a slight movement in the steering makes the car shake a lot.

Seats and upholstery is wafer thin especially the front seats which makes the highway driving very uncomfortable

I was initially planning for Chevy Beat. Do not know i made a mistake by buying i10. I am not complaining about i10 but actually I am disappointed with its performance. It is not worth for the premium that you pay for any Hyundai car.

Also i am obliged to say some merits about the car:

Good braking capabilities
Good music system(company fitted)
Good pick up
Easy driving in the city
Chiller AC

Thats it i remember. Sorry if didn't mention other things.

Last edited by rki2007 : 30th December 2011 at 13:36.
Old 30th December 2011, 14:48   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post

Thanks for using my pic sbiswas

Is it in a different place in the Kappa2 ? Could you post a pic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Engine:- It is powerful only if it not overloaded with three or more people.1st gear is just moving gear and fit for nothing, from 2nd gear onwards the car pulls neatly.
I believed that is how 1st gears were supposed to be. What else is it required for ?

Quote:
The humming/vibration sound- I still didn't find out what is the reason for this kinda sound. The SA in more than one service centres agree that this is inherent with any i10. Any gear higher than 2nd at or lower to 2000rpm will create this kind of noise. Its is really annoying.
Yes, it is an indication of lugging. It happens in any vehicle, especially when you are under-revving.

Quote:
Mileage:- The most debated topic about any i10 is efficiency figures. I will criticize ARAI for giving out fake figures of 21.1kmpl. I think they quote this figure for 2 litres of petrol.
Agree with you. But I'm consistently getting 12.5 to 13 in the city and 17-18 as I have altered my driving style to be light footed.

But yes, for a small car, it's still Poor FE.

Quote:

Comfort and ride quality:-
i10 is not for back seat passengers. Period.

But I have found front seats to be quite good.

I have driven 500 kms at a stretch (with breaks of course) and have had no issues with the front seats.
Old 30th December 2011, 16:45   #192
BHPian

Quote:

These figures are surely disappointing. No exaggeration but My i10 Sportz always runs 520 km+ with 30 litres of unleaded fuel, with no A/C, Pune City driving.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:34   #193
BHPian

@Para 7 k
What i meant was, the first gear is so sluggish that very immediately after a very small move it has to be shifted to 2nd. Also the reflex is very high.But still is not a big matter, just felt like saying it though

Humming sound-- It is practically not possible to revv the engine always till 2.5k rpm and then up shift. Sometimes it so happens that the upshift for third gear is at 1700-1800 rpm where the engine creates the so called humming wroom sound. It is not common with all cars. I don't agree with you on this. I have been driving my Manza and my old M 800 and also my friends/relatives various cars. I don't see this kinda sound in any car other that i10.

You say that the car is not for back seat passengers. Then shall i plan to remove the seats and start using it as a luggage cargo. Your statement totally seems to be out of picture. Any car that is running should be for all kind of passengers. Be it front seat or back seat. I personally feel that just because we are having a particular car we shouldn't try to polish and pose a demerit to be merit. A biased review will misguide many new buyers.

Ulhas:- I am very happy at least to hear from some of our forum members that the car is giving good figures. As far i know from my friends who all own i10, nobody seems to have got more that 13.5 kmpl in the city.The average seems to be 11 to 13.5 kmpl.

Last edited by rki2007 : 30th December 2011 at 18:37.
Old 30th December 2011, 18:52   #194
BHPian

Quote:

para_7k has explained this "issue" and I quite agree with him.

Quote:
I too would encounter this quite frequently shortly after I bought the i10 in December 2010. Then I began changing gears only after 2K rpm and this humming has been minimal. The cut-cut-cut-cut sound of an engine that is lugging in some other cars is reproduced as a loud humming sound of an i10. So, change your gears only between 2-2.5K rpm and you will notice the difference.

Quote:

I have never and ever got more than 11-12 kmpl without AC in the city conditions and not more than 13kmpl with mixed driving with AC and Non AC. The running cost per km is Rs. 6.25/- which is simply not worth buying this car. The SA they themselves admit that demanding more than this is not possible. But these figures are always disagreed by some forum members here. (No offence meant).My recent highway trip gave me only 12.85 kmpl.
While I fully agree that the i10's ARAI FE of 21.1 kmpl is an illusion, the worst that I have have got is 16 kmpl (Mumbai-Thane drive during a recent inter-state trip) and the best FE in my i10 has been 19 kmpl here in Goa. If you are a spirited driver or if the road conditions are not conducive, the i10 will gulp in fuel faster than your expectations.

Quote:
Comfort and ride quality:- So say with an example. I used i10 this time for my Tirupathi trip. I always use Manza for any highway trip.This time it was an exception. I think i made a mistake. Yes, the family members were facing body pain, unsettled ride quality/ jerks everything and i was advised not to take it out any time for highway trips.On highways the steering feels very light and due to that, a slight movement in the steering makes the car shake a lot.

Seats and upholstery is wafer thin especially the front seats which makes the highway driving very uncomfortable.
The i10 is primarily intended for city use and is not an ideal highway car, though I have made two inter-state trips with no issues whatsoever. In fact, the front seats offer much better ride than the rear seats.

Quote:
I was initially planning for Chevy Beat. Do not know i made a mistake by buying i10. I am not complaining about i10 but actually I am disappointed with its performance. It is not worth for the premium that you pay for any Hyundai car.
I don't know how superior the Beat is, in comparison to the i10, since I have not driven the Beat, but I have been quite satisfied with the i10 as I was aware of its strengths and weaknesses BEFORE I bought the vehicle, thanks to research/reference sites like team-bhp.

I wanted a car that would give me a little of everything and I knew that the i10 would not excel in any one particular area. If I was only looking for ride quality, I probably would probably have bought the Swift, not the i10; if I was only looking for cabin space and rear seat comfort, I would probably have bought the Ritz or Vista, not the i10.

I fancy quality interiors, easy ingress/egress, a quality engine, a quality gear box, a good pan-India service network and a tried and tested product from a reputed company. The i10 1.2 Kappa2 fulfills my expectations and I'm happy with the car.

The i10 has, quite obviously, not lived up to your expectations and hence, the disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
I have driven 500 kms at a stretch (with breaks of course) and have had no issues with the front seats.
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
These figures are surely disappointing. No exaggeration but My i10 Sportz always runs 520 km+ with 30 litres of unleaded fuel, with no A/C, Pune City driving.
Similar FE figures that I have got on my i10. I assume that you are a sedate driver and hence, the good FE readings.

Quote:
You say that the car is not for back seat passengers. Then shall i plan to remove the seats and start using it as a luggage cargo. Your statement totally seems to be out of picture. Any car that is running should be for all kind of passengers. Be it front seat or back seat. I personally feel that just because we are having a particular car we shouldn't try to polish and pose a demerit to be merit. A biased review will misguide many new buyers.
Relax, dude. Just because someone is trying to understand your predicament and is offering you some suggestions, it doesn't mean that they are "out of picture". Sarcasm is certainly not beneficial on this forum.

Just because you are unhappy with the i10 does not imply that all others should have a same problem. Expectations differ and what is unacceptable to you may be acceptable to others and vice versa. There is an unbiased i10 review on this forum which has all the plus and minus features and new buyers can easily judge for themselves.

If you have an issue with the i10, it is understandable, but kindly do not vent out your frustration on well-meaning team-bhpians. Thanks.

Last edited by misquitas : 30th December 2011 at 19:02.
Old 30th December 2011, 20:38   #195
BHPian

No i just expressed my views. If i was harsh, i am down to earth to seek apologies. This is an honorable forum where each and every comment by everyone is valuable.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks