Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 11:38   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Kappa2 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Thanks. I had also checked on Google, but wanted to be sure.

The confusion happened because my i10 owner manual mentions transaxle fluid replacement interval as 1,50,000 kms for MT and 45,000 kms for AT. But there was a sticker pasted on the figure 1,50,000 kms, and 15,000 kms was printed on this sticker. Not sure if this sticker was pasted by the dealer or it was a typo correction in the manual done by Hyundai.

Could you please check this in your i10 owner manual ?

Rohan
Unfortunately I do not have access to the manual now as I am out of India. I am sure some other i10 owner would be able to help you out.
Old 16th January 2012, 23:10   #212
BHPian

Quote:
What is transaxle fluid and when should it be replaced in i10 irde MT ?

As per the i10 owner manual, it should be changed every 15k kms. But when I went for 15k service, the SA told that it only needs to be changed at 30k kms.

Rohan
15k kms as per manual for MT, 40k kms for AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
1. When i turn on the blower after driving the car for 5 to 10 mins, only hot air is blown. I have kept temperature knob deep in the blue region. so it should be giving me cool air right?

2. is there an engine temperature guage in the new i10. i have been scratching my head trying to locate it.
If AC is off and recycle cabin air mode is off, turning the temperature dial to the furthest end of the blue region will blow outside air at ambient temperature. However, the air intake vents are located under the hood and with engine running, they do produce slightly warm air in my car.

There is no engine temperature guage in the new i10 :(

Last edited by sbiswas : 16th January 2012 at 23:24.
sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 09:23   #213
Senior - BHPian

Can other i10 owners tell when the tranaxle fluid was changed in their i10 ?

I went for 15k service at Hyundai A.S.S. and specifically asked the SA about transaxle fluid. But he told me that transaxle fluid doesn't need to be changed before 30k.

Manual says change at 15k. I am confused.

Rohan
Old 17th January 2012, 14:43   #214
BHPian

I was looking at small car to replace my WagonR and went and test drove Eon. The car was good but the Sportz variant was coming to 4.42 lacs on road in Bangalore and a new WagonR comes at 4.5 so dropped the idea of Eon. My wife like i10 but it was a bit out of budget so started looking at Team Bhp classifieds and I found a Kappa2 i10 Jan 2011 Sportz variant run only 3500 kms listed at 4.7 lacs. Called up the poster and closed the deal a couple of weeks back.

The car is in mint condition and even the seat plastic covers were not removed by the previous owner. I have so far driven around 500 kms and I quite like the car though I had never in the past driven a Hyundai, it's actually quite similar to WagonR in terms of road behaviour. Following are my first views -

1. Steering is super light or may be I am comparing it with my Linea but I would prefer WagonR's steering over this.
2. Seat is a bit low as compared to WagonR - I am okay but my wife found it a bit low
3. Gear shift indicator is quite an irritant because you tend to look at it on and off. Besides its just a speed dependent indicator Kmph 0-20 - 1st Gear, 20-30: 2nd Gear, 30-40: 3rd Gear, 40-60: 4th and 60 plus 5th gear. Often when I am climbing up on an incline and cross 40 kmph, it suggests shifting to 4th whereas if I shift to 4th the car struggles to maintain speed.
4. Seats lack cushioning - may be adding a cover should help, but no complaints.
5. Rear leg space is better as compared to WagonR both old and new.
6. OEM stereo is quite good (I am once again committing the mistake of comparing it with Linea) with 4 speakers but lack of Bluetooth is sorely missed.
7. Brakes don't inspire confidence. Even hand brake lever needs to be pulled quite high to hold the car without slipping back.
8. Instrument cluster looks beautiful at night with blue and white lights.
9. A real time FE indicator is missing and should have been there.
10. So far I am not able to extract more than 11.5kmpl with 100% AC in city driving conditions - against the tall claims of 20+kmpl claim of Hyundai.

Overall, it's very well packaged car with very high quality interiors which freshen up the drive. Engine is a gem and gives enough power whenever needed proportionate to the size of the car.

Few concerns -

1. The car was serviced in first week of January 2012 - should I take it to a service station for a check? Although I had done a detailed check before taking the car.
2. I need to get fog lamps installed - can experts guide me on the cost etc and where should I get it done in Bangalore.
3. Should I get a new set of tires - if yes what size? Primary concern is road handling and braking.

On the other note, I took the car to Karlsson leather at Indira Nagar, Bangalore to get a nice leather steering cover stitched. They also did the gear knob for free and now steering looks really good like factory finish. It's very good to hold with suitable thickness and softness. Great job Karlsson!

The bigger surprise was Indira Nagar RTO - I went there on a Saturday morning to get the transfer formalities done. Typically agents surround you as soon as you enter and start telling insane charges which they claim can be brought down. Nevertheless, I entered the premises and reached May I help you desk. A lady looked at all the papers, neatly arranged it and then wrote the room number where I should go on the folder. I went to the room #13 and met the Superintendent there and he greeted me with - what can I do for you , sir! I started thinking is it for real. He just checked all the papers once again, wrote the fee that I need to pay (Rs.305 for transfer and smart card), I paid the fee and submitted the documents and I was given an acknowledgement and was told that I will get the new RC smart card in a month. Surprised!
Old 17th January 2012, 17:05   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Overall, it's very well packaged car with very high quality interiors which freshen up the drive. Engine is a gem and gives enough power whenever needed proportionate to the size of the car.
Congratulations on the purchase.

You could add some seat-covers with cusions. This will provide more comfort and increase the seat height.

Hand brake can be tightened. Ask the SA to get this done during the next service.

There is a dedicated thread for i10 tyre upgrade. Go through that thread to find the correct tyre upgrade for your car.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2012, 11:38   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on the purchase.

You could add some seat-covers with cusions. This will provide more comfort and increase the seat height.

Hand brake can be tightened. Ask the SA to get this done during the next service.

There is a dedicated thread for i10 tyre upgrade. Go through that thread to find the correct tyre upgrade for your car.

Rohan
Thanks Rohan. I guess, I should take the car to service center even though it was just serviced early Jan. Can the brakes also be tightened or it's a common issue with all i10s? My neighbour has one and he also complained of the poor brakes. Both of my other cars (Linea and WagonR) have better brakes.
Old 7th February 2012, 13:40   #217
BHPian

In i10 kappa2, How much fuel will be left over in the tank once the low-fuel lamp comes on? In other words, how much further can i drive without stalling the engine?
Old 7th February 2012, 13:57   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
In i10 kappa2, How much fuel will be left over in the tank once the low-fuel lamp comes on? In other words, how much further can i drive without stalling the engine?
I think it should be 5 ltrs of petrol left in the tank when low-fuel comes on.
Old 7th February 2012, 14:49   #219
BHPian

My service guy told me that you easily travel 30-40 kms when the low-fuel comes on
Old 10th February 2012, 22:25   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie
My service guy told me that you easily travel 30-40 kms when the low-fuel comes on
Tank capacity is 35lts if I am not wrong. In my last experience, I drove 18 kms after the light came on and when I filled the tank, and it took 28 lts. My car returns me around 11 kmpl now. So I am assuming the reserve is 8lts.
Old 13th February 2012, 10:35   #221

Quote:
3. Gear shift indicator is quite an irritant because you tend to look at it on and off. Besides its just a speed dependent indicator Kmph 0-20 - 1st Gear, 20-30: 2nd Gear, 30-40: 3rd Gear, 40-60: 4th and 60 plus 5th gear. Often when I am climbing up on an incline and cross 40 kmph, it suggests shifting to 4th whereas if I shift to 4th the car struggles to maintain speed.
Hi Vivek,

I guess the gear shift indicator works with your RPM, and usually changes between 1500 to 2500 on the RPM Meter. I shall check this out and confirm later.
Even I have been curious to know if I need to upgrade my tyres, have posted a thread hoping for some advice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...10-kappa2.html

But its a good overall package, I have enjoyed driving the car!! Congratulations on your buy!!
Old 13th February 2012, 10:57   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deas-dutta View Post
Hi Vivek,

I guess the gear shift indicator works with your RPM, and usually changes between 1500 to 2500 on the RPM Meter. I shall check this out and confirm later.
Even I have been curious to know if I need to upgrade my tyres, have posted a thread hoping for some advice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...10-kappa2.html

But its a good overall package, I have enjoyed driving the car!! Congratulations on your buy!!
Thank you! As much as I have observed, the shift indicator is speed sensitive. But now I hardly see it's suggestions not sure even if it's working anymore. After some careful driving, I have been able to push up the FE to 12.5 in city driving with 100% AC.

I have changed the stock tyres to Yokohoma A Drive 175/75 and they feel better in terms of road feedback, sound and overall stability as earlier I used to feel very nervous especially with braking ability of the car.

The brakes have improved but not to my comfort. I took the car to Hyundai Service, he told me that since the brakes are self adjusting, they really can't do much. Even the handbrake only works when it's pulled to absolute top position. In my 6 yrs old WagonR and 1.5 yr old Linea handbrakes work in just 4 clicks.

Experts, kindly suggest if I should learn to live with them or take the car to a different service center. One thing, that I have observed, the Hyundai Service Center is more focused on selling you upgrades or accessories than to really service the car which I didn't feel once at Maruti or Fiat. As soon as the service advisor came to take the car he asked if I had anti rust protection and immediately another guy comes and proclaims 'NO' anti rust and he was strongly suggesting anti rust. I then asked him about standard Hyundai anti rust warranty and he told me it's 2 yrs and doesn't cover full body - is it really needed? Please advise.
Old 13th February 2012, 13:49   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Experts, kindly suggest if I should learn to live with them or take the car to a different service center. One thing, that I have observed, the Hyundai Service Center is more focused on selling you upgrades or accessories than to really service the car which I didn't feel once at Maruti or Fiat. As soon as the service advisor came to take the car he asked if I had anti rust protection and immediately another guy comes and proclaims 'NO' anti rust and he was strongly suggesting anti rust. I then asked him about standard Hyundai anti rust warranty and he told me it's 2 yrs and doesn't cover full body - is it really needed? Please advise.
Hi Vivek,

I think the performance of the hand brake depends a lot on how they are applied. I have noticed that applying them with ease and a little patience as opposed to pulling it in one go, elongates the effectiveness of the hand brake (it takes that much more time to become 'loose'). Although, say once in 6 - 8 months I do request the service centre to have a look at it and "tighten it" (not sure what the correct technical term is but they understand).

2 Hyundai SAs had different opinions when it came to the anti-rust coating. One highly recommended it and seemed like a typical sales guy trying hard to sell. The other was more candid and mentioned that newer cars don't need an antirust coating at the bottom as the materials come pre-coated from factories. If you still wished to apply, get one after 5 years was his recommendation.

Judging by the difference in opinion, I would play safe and get one after 3 years just to be safe. I am no expert however.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:20   #224

Quote:
Thank you! As much as I have observed, the shift indicator is speed sensitive. But now I hardly see it's suggestions not sure even if it's working anymore. After some careful driving, I have been able to push up the FE to 12.5 in city driving with 100% AC.
I guess 12-14 KMPL is the norm in city driving conditions. I managed to get 18.9 KMPL on Shell Advance Petrol on highway. It might also depend on the quality of fuel you use, Shell is good. I have been using Shell advance from day 1 of the owning the car and have got 12-14 KMPL, depending on how bad the traffic is etc. The gear shift indicator does seem rudimentary and is meant for beginners. I usually shift gears looking at the RPM meter, and I do it between 1500-2000.
Old 13th February 2012, 21:13   #225
BHPian

Hi Ankur, I just got a 5 yr warranty 3M Underbody coating done (around 2.8K) for my 6 month old i10 Sportz AT. Two advantages:

1. Mumbai monsoons and potholes. Feel this can only help.
2. The suspension noise reduces considerably, the thuds become more 'Germanish'. I love it for its sound deadening properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Hi Vivek,

Hyundai SAs had different opinions when it came to the anti-rust coating. One highly recommended it and seemed like a typical sales guy trying hard to sell. The other was more candid and mentioned that newer cars don't need an antirust coating at the bottom as the materials come pre-coated from factories. If you still wished to apply, get one after 5 years was his recommendation.

Judging by the difference in opinion, I would play safe and get one after 3 years just to be safe. I am no expert however.
Hi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks